Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2016, 23:15   #466
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Just wait for the vehicle to reach the dealer and then act. What would they do with it if you cancel the booking late. There will be an extra vehicle with them which you can buy. Do you have any known people at the dealership?
With the 4-6 months waiting period, they wouldn't really care if one odd customer cancelled the booking. There would be half a dozen others eagerly waiting for their number in the queue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs2er View Post
Incase you are looking at operating lease then You can take the car in your name and then ask your company lease to buy you out and move it to thier books ... i got offer on similar terms on operating lease
If only I had that kind of cash lying around. I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Do you really think the dealer will coerce the guy not to cancel the booking, with all the loong waiting period? They'll happily pass it to someone who is next in line or someone who is ready to pay the premium.

Since the guy is already smitten, they know he'll not go for another brand & will opt for Brezza itself.
I had given up on Brezza and checked out S-Cross - they have just 1-4 weeks of waiting period. The Nexa experience was exceptional - the executives answered all my queries - I got a really long TD. But then back home, my folks didn't really like S-Cross all that much, so I had to figure out a way to get my Brezza. My Precious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
Ask your dealer to email TSM or RM and get special permission to change booking. Maruti has provisions for such things on case to case basis. In your case you are not changing the car booking into someone else's name to gain a profit but in your company's name for the lease.
I went a step further. On Monday morning, I googled Maruti's Regional office, Delhi's contact number, called them, got greeted by an operator, who after figuring out that I'm calling regarding sales from Noida, routed me to a guy, who heard my case, and then told me to send in a deed to the dealer, certifying my relationship with my employer (in whose name the car is to be leased). He further went on to say that if you run into any issues wrt this, just ask them to call me up on xxx phone number and gave his office land line number. Wow! All of this in less than 90 seconds ! That was quick!

I called up my SA, and briefed him on my conversation, email him the documents. Get a call from dealer's Head of sales in an hour confirming that they've got formal approval from Maruti, and I can proceed with the lease process.

Now, I'm waiting for the lease formalities to be completed. Hopefully, I should be able to lay my hands on her by Monday. Fingers crossed
texens is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 08:41   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post

Now, I'm waiting for the lease formalities to be completed. Hopefully, I should be able to lay my hands on her by Monday. Fingers crossed

Congrats. Do post your ownership experience. I will be awaiting it.

Good work! Maruti at times surprises me with such things, but one must admire them. They are not the no 1 car maker in the country just due to selling cheap cars!
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 09:12   #468
BHPian

Just got back from an approximately 600 km Delhi Dehradun round trip (including in-city driving) in my Brezza VDi (O). These were my observations, in no particular order

1. The vehicle is very easy to drive in congested city spaces. The commanding driver position and the fact that one can see the bonnet are key factors. The car feels simple to turn and manoeuvre.

2. Not sure if this is because it's a new car, but the Brezza gets noticed and lorries/ cars/ autos don't cut one off as I got used to driving sedans. Perhaps its because when seen from the front and the back, the Brezza looks like a vehicle in a larger category, and the tyre size adds to the effect. It's only when seen from the side that one gets the actual picture about it's size.

3. I kept it at 80kmph and less mostly- am uncomfortable above those speeds anyway- and given my sedate driving style, it handled well on the highway.

4. NVH is ok- better than S Cross (IMO) but not as good as (say) the Zest or vehicles in a higher class.

5. It takes bumps and rough roads quite well- not Duster well, but so far IU haven't found a lot to complain about.

6. AC is just superb. I usually go on full AC in all my cars- this one, I now come down to the halfway slot after 10 minutes of use.

7. 10-15 km just before Dehradun one has to take a minor hilly stretch. The vehicle handled itself well- felt planted, but I will want a lot more of mountain driving before I can comment.

8. Put a lot of luggage at the back- it was easily done.

On the whole I am pleased with my purchase. It's the right combination of city/ highway capability, spacious insides 'SUV like' presence, utility, pricing and looks. Not being # 1 in any particular metric, it is sufficiently highly ranked in a number of key areas to make it my # 1 choice.

The Brezza will be my go to vehicle for a long time. An automatic in the future around a reasonable price point will really impact this category even more, IMO.

Edit: Unrelated comment, but I also was up in the Uttarakhand hills in the same time (left the Brezza in Dehradun). Of all the vehicles I saw, the Duster appeared to be the finest combination of capability, looks, size and utility up there

Last edited by C'estlavie : 18th May 2016 at 09:36.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 11:30   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
With the 4-6 months waiting period, they wouldn't really care if one odd customer cancelled the booking. There would be half a dozen others eagerly waiting for their number in the queue.
So the vehicle has arrived at the dealership already? Congrats on getting things done as per your requirement. I was quite pessimistic on it happening using the same booking but maruti seems to have done well.

Which email ID did you get replies on? I was trying to get a double din HU mounting assembly but they didn't reply to the email. Used the email ID from Maruti site. Though I have dropped the upgrade plans now as the sound is pretty decent.
Old 18th May 2016, 11:40   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie
Just got back from an approximately 600 km Delhi Dehradun round trip (including in-city driving) in my Brezza VDi (O). These were my observations, in no particular order

On the whole I am pleased with my purchase. It's the right combination of city/ highway capability, spacious insides 'SUV like' presence, utility, pricing and looks. Not being # 1 in any particular metric, it is sufficiently highly ranked in a number of key areas to make it my # 1 choice.
C'estlavie,
Great to gear about the drive in your shining new Brezza!
Can you offer any tips for the running-in of the diesel engine. What are the do's and don'ts
Old 18th May 2016, 15:30   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
So the vehicle has arrived at the dealership already? Congrats on getting things done as per your requirement. I was quite pessimistic on it happening using the same booking but maruti seems to have done well.

Which email ID did you get replies on? I was trying to get a double din HU mounting assembly but they didn't reply to the email. Used the email ID from Maruti site. Though I have dropped the upgrade plans now as the sound is pretty decent.
Yes, the vehicle arrived at their yard a couple days back.
I didn't get any response from their email id. I called them up on their phone number, which I picked up from http://www.marutisuzuki.com/corporate-office.aspx
Old 18th May 2016, 16:39   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
C'estlavie,
Can you offer any tips for the running-in of the diesel engine. What are the do's and don'ts
Keep the revvs under 2000 rpm for the first 500 kms and the upto 3000 rpm for the next 500 kms. Avoid quick acceleration & sudden braking. Don't lug the engine - make sure its always in proper gears.

After the running period is over, please make sure you don't revv hard till the engine has warmed up well. Idle for 30 seconds after a drive & before switching off the car.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 08:45   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
C'estlavie,
Hi narenteam, I'm not overthinking it. Staying within 2500 rpms for the first 2000 kms (some folks say it should be below 2000 rpm for first 1000km and below 2500 for second 1000km), try not to lug it.

That's it.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:07   #474
BHPian

hi guys, I have a 2009 i20 and I'm trying to get a test drive of the Brezza (without much success). Quick question - I live in a place with an extremely tight turning radius to park and navigate. Does the Brezza have a similar turning radius as a i20 2009 version ? I'm unable to dig up the turning radius numbers - different places have different numbers (and gets mixed up with the i20 elite).
Old 19th May 2016, 17:15   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
hi guys, I have a 2009 i20 and I'm trying to get a test drive of the Brezza (without much success). Quick question - I live in a place with an extremely tight turning radius to park and navigate. Does the Brezza have a similar turning radius as a i20 2009 version ? I'm unable to dig up the turning radius numbers - different places have different numbers (and gets mixed up with the i20 elite).
When driving Brezza in tight spaces it actually turns faster than u think it would. Turning radius is not an issue at all. I guess it's 5.2m.
Old 19th May 2016, 19:02   #476
BHPian

OT: Like i had put here earlier, I got my granite grey Brezza and wanted to make it dual tone. My initial choice was white on top and the ORVMs but it looked too much of a contrast. So i decided to go with glossy black. I dont know if it makes much of a difference but at times it stands out.

I went to the 3M guys (80 ft road, Ashwathnagar), the quote was 363/sq ft (no discount). I was not too happy with their work on the ORVMs but in their defense the top finish and now the ORVMs (after 3 visits) have been rectified to its possible best.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_0702-2.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_0708.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_0706.jpg  

Ranjimso is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 19:25   #477
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
. My initial choice was white on top and the ORVMs but it looked too much of a contrast.

So i decided to go with glossy black. I dont know if it makes much of a difference but at times it stands out.
Frankly, it doesn't make much of a difference. But there in lies the beauty of it IMO. Elegant and subtle compared to the white you shared earlier.

Seems you got detailing done as well? Beautiful gloss on the vehicle, or is it just the camera angle at play.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 22:54   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
OT: Like i had put here earlier, I got my granite grey Brezza and wanted to make it dual tone. My initial choice was white on top and the ORVMs but it looked too much of a contrast. So i decided to go with glossy black. I dont know if it makes much of a difference but at times it stands out.

I went to the 3M guys (80 ft road, Ashwathnagar), the quote was 363/sq ft (no discount). I was not too happy with their work on the ORVMs but in their defense the top finish and now the ORVMs (after 3 visits) have been rectified to its possible best.
That a decent subtle touch and I can only drool when I see such clean shiny cars!! How much did you pay in total?
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 23:27   #479
BHPian

Regarding the Turing radius, I own a swift and a i20 turning radius of i20 is one of the worst ones. Some of the proper SUVs have a much better radius then the i20. I test drove a Brezza and it was much much better then that of the i20 so you are safe in that area.
Switch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 23:48   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Frankly, it doesn't make much of a difference. But there in lies the beauty of it IMO. Elegant and subtle compared to the white you shared earlier.

Seems you got detailing done as well? Beautiful gloss on the vehicle, or is it just the camera angle at play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
That a decent subtle touch and I can only drool when I see such clean shiny cars!! How much did you pay in total?
Thanks - I paid approximately 20k and it costed me extra as i messed up on my decision initially. Got the top and ORVMs done and skipped the side panels as i thought it does not stand out. So was charged extra for the side panels after i went to them again. Had i got it done one shot would have costed me maybe between 16-18k max.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks