Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 13:41   #331
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Got a call today morning from the TL of my SA. Gave me the good news that the car has been allotted to me . I would take 4-5 days for the car to arrive and the rest is registration. If things fall as per plans, then I plan for 8-May to bring the car home.
Butterflies in the stomach!
Agnijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 14:14   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
Got a call today morning from the TL of my SA. Gave me the good news that the car has been allotted to me . I would take 4-5 days for the car to arrive and the rest is registration. If things fall as per plans, then I plan for 8-May to bring the car home.
Butterflies in the stomach!
get it on the next day 9th, it's an auspicious day, Akshaya Tritiya, even 2nd & 4th May is auspicious
GSMINC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 16:35   #333
BHPian

How much efficiency to expect for Brezza overall for 60% highway and 40% city runs. First outing on highway returned just about 16.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:09   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
How much efficiency to expect for Brezza overall for 60% highway and 40% city runs. First outing on highway returned just about 16.
Did you check using tankfull method? My cousin had reported 16-17 KMPL on highways with moderate traffic. I think you can get 20 plus easily if you maintain steady speed between 80-100 KMPH.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 18:22   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you check using tankfull method? My cousin had reported 16-17 KMPL on highways with moderate traffic. I think you can get 20 plus easily if you maintain steady speed between 80-100 KMPH.
How do S Cross owners get above 20 easily?
Old 28th April 2016, 18:26   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How do S Cross owners get above 20 easily?
It's all about aerodynamics buddy. Brezza is taller and more drag co efficient. Also engine tuning and gearing might be different. I am trying to find gear ratios of both cars.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:42   #337
BANNED

Quote:
It's all about aerodynamics buddy. Brezza is taller and more drag co efficient. Also engine tuning and gearing might be different. I am trying to find gear ratios of both cars.
On top of that, there will be some connection between the character of a car, the character of its driver and the driving, imo.

Scross being an elegantly styled car, the owners also may be of such a character - not liking the over sporty life and driving - and may not push the car too much.

Vitara being a so-called suv, drivers also may like a bit of sportiness, and may push the throttle harder.

And the rules of mileage is exactly opposite to that of life - the more you push, the less you get.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 28th April 2016 at 18:43.
Old 28th April 2016, 18:55   #338
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
On top of that, there will be some connection between the character of a car, the character of its driver and the driving, imo.

Scross being an elegantly styled car, the owners also may be of such a character - not liking the over sporty life and driving - and may not push the car too much.

Vitara being a so-called suv, drivers also may like a bit of sportiness, and may push the throttle harder.

And the rules of mileage is exactly opposite to that of life - the more you push, the less you get.
My assumption is other way round. People might tend to push S cross more considering better handling and high speed stability.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 19:20   #339
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
This is true.

If you drive consistently between 90-110 in the Yeti, it returns fantastic mileage on the highways. I have achieved upto 18kmpl.

If one flies from place to place on the highway at 120-130 (which one ought not to, considering both the speed limits and the inherent dangers of stray traffic and people and animals and all the rest of it), then the mileage reduces drastically.

Hard acceleration and hard braking are not the best recipe for good mileage.

In the city, with normal driving and normal handling, I get a standard rate of return of about 12-13kmpl.

Im more than satisfied with this.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 21:00   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is true.

If you drive consistently between 90-110 in the Yeti, it returns fantastic mileage on the highways. I have achieved upto 18kmpl.

If one flies from place to place on the highway at 120-130 (which one ought not to, considering both the speed limits and the inherent dangers of stray traffic and people and animals and all the rest of it), then the mileage reduces drastically.

Hard acceleration and hard braking are not the best recipe for good mileage.

In the city, with normal driving and normal handling, I get a standard rate of return of about 12-13kmpl.

Im more than satisfied with this.
Fuel economy very much depends on the driver as well as the road conditions and the tyre pressure. Many may not be giving much importance to the tyre pressure. Always maintain the right pressure (May be a +2PSI over the recommended figure is what I do)

I do get a consistent ~20KM/L for my S-Cross (200 DDiS) in Bangalore city traffic with 100% AC. I have extracted even 27KM/L (without AC on highway 80-90 KM/Hr). May have to use the coasting and proper switching off the vehicle in long signals to get the proper fuel economy in cities. Do not raise the RPM unnecessarily. Do not brake hard. Try to maintain a constant speed. If we maintain theses things, we can get a good economy.

Last edited by Sree73 : 28th April 2016 at 21:02.
Old 28th April 2016, 21:59   #341
BHPian

Quote:
My first tankful gave me a fuel efficiency of 15.49 with highway and town drive almost 50% each (though we don't have much of a highways)

By the way it is my car's first month B'Day today. took her for the First service to the dealership. 1050 Km on ODO and I am enjoying the ride.

First service was just basic checks and also they hooked up a tough book having SDT software to car and checked the electricals. all found OK. Cost of first service was Rs 30 ( car wash shampoo). They are also offering a package costing Rs 10000 for next three services upto 20k km and 2 yrs.

like to share that I am impressed with the care they took of all customers who had come for getting car serviced. Services head was approaching every body and taking feedback and was very eager to help. Maruti is market leader and these are the people who make sure Maruti stays on top.

PS : I overheard and this is unconfirmed that few Vitara Brezza's have been found to have some issue in EPS. Does anyone have any news.
Old 28th April 2016, 22:16   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
My first tankful gave me a fuel efficiency of 15.49 with highway and town drive almost 50% each (though we don't have much of a highways)

By the way it is my car's first month B'Day today. took her for the First service to the dealership. 1050 Km on ODO and I am enjoying the ride.

First service was just basic checks and also they hooked up a tough book having SDT software to car and checked the electricals. all found OK. Cost of first service was Rs 30 ( car wash shampoo). They are also offering a package costing Rs 10000 for next three services upto 20k km and 2 yrs.

like to share that I am impressed with the care they took of all customers who had come for getting car serviced. Services head was approaching every body and taking feedback and was very eager to help. Maruti is market leader and these are the people who make sure Maruti stays on top.

PS : I overheard and this is unconfirmed that few Vitara Brezza's have been found to have some issue in EPS. Does anyone have any news.
Even I am getting in the similar range of FE. Did you change the oil at 1k as recommended on team bhp?
Old 29th April 2016, 00:58   #343
BHPian

Got my car delivered yesterday around 5, the whole delivery process was swift and efficient. Post that pooja, I have hardly a few photos. Posting one from the pooja.

The real world question, how is it to handle, in traffic? Unfortunately got caught in traffic today - Bangalore's dreaded crawling traffic! All I can say is, it's a piece of cake. Thanks to the light clutch and the eager 2nd gear to be always there to save you.

Have got the faux side skid plates installed and that's the only accessory I got yet. I surely am going to have sleepless nights ahead.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_2024.jpg
bhansali_hardik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 09:41   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Got my car delivered yesterday around 5, the whole delivery process was swift and efficient. Post that pooja, I have hardly a few photos. Posting one from the pooja.

The real world question, how is it to handle, in traffic? Unfortunately got caught in traffic today - Bangalore's dreaded crawling traffic! All I can say is, it's a piece of cake. Thanks to the light clutch and the eager 2nd gear to be always there to save you.

Have got the faux side skid plates installed and that's the only accessory I got yet. I surely am going to have sleepless nights ahead.

Attachment 1501586
Congratulations on the delivery !

As far as handling is concerned, I fell the Brezza is quite easy to handle in traffic. Coming from a Ritz, I find it quite easy in Stop and Go traffic.
Got stuck in notorious Bangalore traffic yesterday where I had to cut through the city and spent 2 and a half hours for 18 odd kms. No leg pain at the end of the day which is good. The commanding view is a boon in traffic bumper to bumper traffic I fell.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 10:48   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Congratulations on the delivery !

As far as handling is concerned, I fell the Brezza is quite easy to handle in traffic. Coming from a Ritz, I find it quite easy in Stop and Go traffic.
Got stuck in notorious Bangalore traffic yesterday where I had to cut through the city and spent 2 and a half hours for 18 odd kms. No leg pain at the end of the day which is good. The commanding view is a boon in traffic bumper to bumper traffic I fell.
How is the clutch?

Is it hard (just like all diesels are?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks