Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2016, 01:15   #391
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It's name of dealership. Have a look at that Wagonr in pic I am happy that dealers over here don't do this.
You are right. It's practised at many dealerships. Though ours was kept to a minimum. Dr. Naren did you book an SCross?
Old 4th May 2016, 08:40   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
You are right. It's practised at many dealerships. Though ours was kept to a minimum. Dr. Naren did you book an SCross?
Yes buddy, I booked 1. 6 S cross Alpha.

Update About Repair Estimate Of My Cousin's Brezza

Following parts need replacement :
Front bumper
Fenders
Bonnet
Headlights
Right A pillar
Right door
Alloys
Rear Axle
Roof dent removal
Painting

Total estimate is around 1 lakh and no parts have arrived from factory yet.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 4th May 2016 at 08:41.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 10:47   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Yes buddy, I booked 1. 6 S cross Alpha.

Update About Repair Estimate Of My Cousin's Brezza

Following parts need replacement :
Front bumper
Fenders
Bonnet
Headlights
Right A pillar
Right door
Alloys
Rear Axle
Roof dent removal
Painting

Total estimate is around 1 lakh and no parts have arrived from factory yet.
How much will the insurance pay? This is much better than a total loss.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 11:17   #394
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How much will the insurance pay? This is much better than a total loss.
He has zero depreciation insurance and has to pay only 1k.
Old 4th May 2016, 14:52   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will be done at the dealer. Don't know if part is available. Should I do the first servicing too? 550 on ODO.
Better to let the car run for the 1st service kilometers (if you can do it in the prescribed time) before service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
OUCH, sad to hear about that. I would suggest not to claim insurance if you can pay for the windshield since you will loose your NCB plus you might have to wait longer for the claim to pass since it depends on when the surveyor shows up. Moreover you might end up paying a higher amount during the second renewal.
Since the NCB in the first year is 10%, my take on this is that for a 12K claim in the first year, it makes sense to use the insurance. The NCB will build up in the succeeding years. If possible, use the insurance judiciously after the second year, since the NCB can greatly reduce your premium on your next car.

Quote:
Can I transfer the insurance from other car which is a WagonR onto this? And use no claim bonuses?
If you have sold the WagonR get the new user to take their own insurance, get a NCB certificate from the insurer. This is valid for three years.

I don't think you can use the NCB if you've already paid the premium. You can use the NCB to bring down your next premium though.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 5th May 2016, 10:11   #396
BHPian

Hello guys,

It has been 10 days since I first drove my Brezza

When I unlock the car using drive side door's request sensor, it only unlocks that door. Also once I unlock that door, even passenger side's request sensor doesn't work. I need to go inside the car and unlock all the doors or take the key out of my pocket and press unlock button

Is there any way to unlock all the 5 doors when pressed either request sensor?

Also, when I stop engine, neither of the door gets unlocked. My first gen Swift Dzire used to unlock all doors when I remove key from the ignition.

Is there ny way to auto unlock 4 doors when I stop the engine?

Neither of the above two is possible, I would strongly recommend people to go for ZDi insted of ZDi+

Last edited by Eddy : 7th May 2016 at 14:31. Reason: Extra Smiley
Old 5th May 2016, 10:55   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Hello guys,

When I unlock the car using drive side door's request sensor, it only unlocks that door. Also once I unlock that door, even passenger side's request sensor doesn't work. I need to go inside the car and unlock all the doors or take the key out of my pocket and press unlock button

Also, when I stop engine, neither of the door gets unlocked. My first gen Swift Dzire used to unlock all doors when I remove key from the ignition.

Neither of the above two is possible, I would strongly recommend people to go for ZDi insted of ZDi+
Activate (Push) the request sensor button twice.. All the doors will get unlocked.
For all the door to get unlocked on switching off the engine, there is a set up in the MID. I do not exactly remember the name now. Once I get back into my car, can give you inputs.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 11:34   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Activate (Push) the request sensor button twice.. All the doors will get unlocked.
For all the door to get unlocked on switching off the engine, there is a set up in the MID. I do not exactly remember the name now. Once I get back into my car, can give you inputs.
Thanks Sree, will give it a try. It will help me a lot

I specifically told the guy who demonstrated the car at the time of delivery to show me all the settings available in MID. I guess he did a poor job :(
Old 5th May 2016, 18:56   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Hello guys,

All these options are possible my friend. Even I was very frustrated by the doors not unlocking after I switch off the engine and pressing the request sensor button twice to unlock all doors.

These settings can be customized by long pressing the right stalk on the instrument cluster ( Make sure you do the long press when the display for this MID is in current/dynamic avg fuel efficiency setting, if it is in the average fuel efficiency setting, it just resets the average ).

You get different option setting for doors/security and lighting. I have currently set my settings to
1. Unlock all doors by pressing the request sensor only once - door settings
2. Unlock all doors when the engine is switched off - door settings
3. Keep footwell lamp on when headlamps are on - Light settings.

There is also an option to reset all these settings to default.

You would have to keep the manual handy as these settings are displayed as codes in the console. The explanation of these codes are given in the manual.

The SA's have some sort of training on the vehicle and are expected to convey all this information during delivery, but this seldom happens. It looked like I had more info than the SA due to reading the exhaustive reviews and comments here.

Last edited by ashbhat2 : 5th May 2016 at 19:07. Reason: more information
ashbhat2 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:40   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Can the seatbelt alarm be reduced from the initial 90 secs to maybe 30 secs?
Old 6th May 2016, 00:23   #401
BHPian

does anyone know if the Brezza comes with real roof rails ? I have read it mentioned, but the pictures of Brezza dont seem to have real rails.
Old 6th May 2016, 00:49   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
does anyone know if the Brezza comes with real roof rails ? I have read it mentioned, but the pictures of Brezza dont seem to have real rails.
There is a provision on the roof rails reached by opening some specific points of it . Some attachment needs to be used. They are definitely functional.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 05:40   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
All these options are possible my friend. Even I was very frustrated by the doors not unlocking after I switch off the engine and pressing the request sensor button twice to unlock all doors.
The request sensors are designed with multiple programming and there is a safety aspect associated with it. One set of programming is that, if you press the request sensor once, only that door will be unlocked. If you press twice, all the doors will be unlocked.

For me, When I'm alone, I do not want all the doors to be unlocked when I'm getting into the car in a crowded place. So, I can press the request sensor on the driver's door once and get in. (Similarly, one press on the keyfob unlocks the driver door and if pressed twice, all the doors unlocks)

Other aspect of unlocking the doors when the engine is switched off is also comes with a safety aspect. When I'm travelling with kids in city traffic, If I switch off the engine I do not want the doors to be unlocked by it's own. I put the unlocking of doors as manual. (Using the child lock on rear doors is another safety option when travelling with kids, but it may not be convenient in all the situations.)

Another aspect to consider doors getting unlocked when engine is switched off. If we are travelling (alone) in cities and have valuable things kept in rear / front passenger seats, like Laptop / Mobile phones etc, when the car is switched off in signals, all the doors get unlocked. There are many incidents reported of the thefts happening at the traffic signals. To avoid these, I prefer the unlocking of doors as manual rather than auto unlock at the ignition switch off.

Last edited by Sree73 : 6th May 2016 at 06:02. Reason: Added topic
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:19   #404
BHPian

Pics of a few modified Brezzas' from Facebook

Cheers !!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Old 6th May 2016, 19:24   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki will start exporting the Vitara Brezza soon. Most likely will be the Perol variant and is speculated to come with the Boosterjet engine.

Quote:
Maruti Vitara Brezza to launch in Indonesia this year
http://indianautosblog.com/2016/05/m...donesia-230753

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks