Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2016, 15:24   #271
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If Maruti has no plan to introduce the international Vitara here, can we expect a Vitara Brezza Grand with the following (My definition of an "SUV" ):
  • 4.5m in length
  • 7 seater
  • 1.6L DDiS / Petrol engine
  • 220mm ground clearance
  • Switchable 4WD
  • Sunroof
  • Bonnet scoop
  • Price around 9L for base Petrol, 10L for base Diesel variants.
Original .
It'll be a good option

How about this?

Wheel base extended slightly with additional front and rear over hangs. Kindly excuse the quality of work since this was done on paint.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-vb.jpg
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 15:36   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Brezza is more like a big hatchback which is having stance of a SUV and can do well in basic off-roads.
Hi There,
I think we should remember the fact that the Brezza is built on a tweaked Vitara chassis (which could potentially support 4 wheel drive).
It would be a little unfair to call it a hatch or a hatchback on steroids.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 15:49   #273
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
How about this?

Wheel base extended slightly with additional front and rear over hangs.
Good one.

But they don't need to extend the front overhang, as the engine bay is big enough to accommodate bigger engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Add 2-3 lakhs of profit margins
I don't think they will repeat the mistake they made with SCross 1.6's initial pricing. Even now, I am not able to digest the fact that they priced up the 1.6 by 2L as the profit margins, when it was launched!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 21st April 2016 at 15:58.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 16:04   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If Maruti has no plan to introduce the international Vitara here, can we expect a Vitara Brezza Grand with the following (My definition of an "SUV".
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
How we wish if they could feed the machine the stretched Brezza picture and it would start putting out the bigger Brezza Grands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
It'll be a good option

[/ATTACH]
This Question was posed to C V Raman - seems a possibility especially after the tremendous response to the Vitara Brezza!

Quote:
How versatile is the platform? Is it flexible enough to have a 7-seater on it, perhaps?

We will think about it after we see the response to the Brezza. Everything is possible!

http://www.autocarpro.in/interview/v...-segment-10445

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st April 2016 at 16:05.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 01:42   #275
BHPian

I was thinking of an oil change at 2k kms rather than first service. Use semi synthetic one till 10k and then fully synthetic till the end of its life.
Old 22nd April 2016, 07:48   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I know that technique. Its called double clutching.
No, not double declutching.
What Romeomidhun mentioned is the correct method to shift gears. This will also reduce the load on the gear lever linkage mechanism.

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd April 2016 at 07:49.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 09:26   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
No, not double declutching.
What Romeomidhun mentioned is the correct method to shift gears. This will also reduce the load on the gear lever linkage mechanism.
It was Swiftdiesel who mentionedd this method and not Romeomidhun. I stand corrected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I pull the lever and slightly release it for the lever to go to the centre position (Neutral) and then push the lever left and down for 2nd. Initially, I used to pull the lever from 1st to 2nd in one go and that's where it got a bit notchy. With the new method, I found the 1-2 shifts smooth.

Last edited by rajeev k : 22nd April 2016 at 09:27.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:25   #278
BHPian

Saw Vitara Brezza in my neighborhood. I liked the car. To me it looks better and more composed vehicle than EcoSport. Haven't test drove it yet though.
napster1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:36   #279
BHPian

There are 3 kinds of sub-4 metre SUVs in India as of now:

1. Chopped off rear from MUV kind - Quanto/Nuvosport
2. Inflated Hatchback type: Ecosport
3. Compressed aspect ratio of a proper SUV type - TUV300

IMO, Brezza falls into the third category. It definitely closer to a miniaturized SUV than an inflated Hatchback.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 12:53   #280
BHPian

I like the Brezza but it is over my budget. I was thinking of the Ldi(o) variant even though it lacks a lot of features. Some things that I would really need in the Ldi(o) are: (1) Headrests in the rear seat (2) Rear power windows

(1) is a must have.

Is there a way to get rear seat headrests on the Ldi(o) version?
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:15   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I like the Brezza but it is over my budget. I was thinking of the Ldi(o) variant even though it lacks a lot of features. Some things that I would really need in the Ldi(o) are: (1) Headrests in the rear seat (2) Rear power windows

(1) is a must have.

Is there a way to get rear seat headrests on the Ldi(o) version?
I think you can wrap up a good deal for LDi O. Apart from the looks things should be fine.

Your should be able to get those easily. Is there
a provision for installation?
Old 22nd April 2016, 13:43   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd

I think you can wrap up a good deal for LDi O. Apart from the looks things should be fine.

Your should be able to get those easily. Is there
a provision for installation?
Anycatd,

Thank you for your response.
Actually I wanted to ask if there's a way for the dealer to provide a seat that includes the headrests in the Ldi(o) version, of course, with some cost.
I really find it horrible that car makers provide for airbags and abs but miss out some basic safety+convenience features such as headrests.
narenteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 14:26   #283
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narenteam View Post
I really find it horrible that car makers provide for airbags and abs but miss out some basic safety+convenience features such as headrests.
I share the same views. I really appreciate the car manufacturers who provide basic stuff like rear headrests and tachometer across the variants.
And then there are carmakers who do not provide adjustable headrests at all, like the Honda City. This is now becoming a trend with the Ciaz and the Verna following the suit( the international variants of both the City and the Verna get adjustable head rests). Even the i20 provides adjustable head rests only in the top-variant.
Maruti has gone a step ahead by not giving even fixed head rests at the rear for the LDI. You may want to have a chat with the accessories manager/seat cover guy. If that doesn't work out, then perhaps you can visit some local shops.
If none of these work out, the best solution would be to replace the rear seat completely with that of the higher variants. I think it should be plug and play. It might cost you a bit more, but you will have that peace of mind.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 17:33   #284
Team-BHP Support

Some interesting 'Team-BHP style' size comparison pics shared by Benjamin Rualthanzauva :

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-br12983232_600386780137908_6359051446250973887_o.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-br12957554_600386823471237_8444981511919058623_o.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-br12957489_600386773471242_6872816689544285266_o.jpg
Rehaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2016, 18:28   #285
Senior - BHPian

Took a TD of the Brezza ZDI+ today. Some thoughts:

- Car has a compact footprint, similar to a big hatchback - this actually makes it perfect for in-city usage
- Insides are surprisingly spacious for a car that's so compact. The width in the rear, especially, is great (unlike an Ecosport). Good leg room, shoulder room and head room all around. I could sit comfortably in the back seat with the front seat all the way back, as is my preferred position (I'm 6')
- Dashboard has lots of common elements with the S Cross like the steering and touchscreen AVN system. Very functional dash - no wow factor, but plastics felt decent. Black plastic frame around the HU looks cheap and is prone to oily fingerprints.
- El cheapo Swift power window switches present here too. ORVM switch is a very old design, but does the job
- Great driving position and visibility; front seats are nice and supportive. Like the S Cross, I felt the pedals were a little high, which required me to keep my feet slightly pulled back and could cause strain over a long drive.
- Familiar 1.3L MJD engine. Not the most powerful, but adequate for city driving. Turbo lag not an issue
- Ride is comfortable for the most part but suspension felt stiffer than most Marutis, and the bigger potholes were felt in the cabin. Not as pliant as the Duster or Creta but decent. Couldn't really test the handling in the limited TD.
- Boot isn't very spacious
- Rear seats have 60:40 split and fold flat - nice and practical
- Ground clearance is excellent
- Looks nice from the outside but not imposing

Overall, came back impressed with the Brezza. It's a great urban SUV with a decent engine, solid space, nice looks and lots of practicality. Backed by the Maruti badge and a.s.s, it's understandable why the waiting period is insane (5-6 months they said!! ). As expected, no discounts whatsoever.
razor4077 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks