Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 12:17   #316
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Apologies to one an all if this is in the wrong place- I have asked the questions in other threads but events are moving quite fast for me and I would love answers. Mods please delete if inappropriate.

I am finalising my purchase of my Breza VD(O) and expect delivery in a few days. My two questions were:

1. The VIN- what is the format for the Brezza and where on the car will I find it? I have looked at the VIN thread on this forum and know the standard Maruti pattern but my SA gave 2 numbers, one on the chassis which is 17 alphanumerics long and starts with 'JSA' and ends with '235'. The other number on the engine is 11 alphanumerics long and starts with J and ends with '98'.

Neither is helping me place a manufacturing date on the car.

2. In terms of payment, are people paying the full amount pst PDI, or on the day of delivery?

Thanks in advance!
Hi, Congratulation for your brezza in advance.
As brezza is launched just a few weeks back, I don't think there is anything to worry regarding the manufacturing month/year. It shouldn't be older than couple of months.

I got delivery of my Brezza zdi+ couple of days back,25th April, (will upload pics soon) and I paid full amount on 22nd April before PDI. I was told that there is 99% probability that my Brezza would arrive at the stockyard on 23rd morning and I would get delivery by afternoon but the car reached stockyard in the evening. We waited for Brezza till afternoon and then left for the weekend trip in Jetta hence delivery on the 25th.
Coming back to your question, I was reluctant about paying the full amount before PDI but considering the facts that it's a very fresh MARUTI product and the dealershipe sells 1000+ cars every month, I trusted the dealership with the full payment before PDI. (I booked a duster in Feb and made it clear to my SA that I would do the full payment only after the car gets ready for the delivery, not even after PDI. PS: I cancelled the booking and went for Brezza).
If you have booked from a well known dealer, you can go ahead with the payment before PDI but do NOT sign delivery note (or anything regarding the delivery) and ask your SA NOT to generate any invoice before you are 100% satisfied with the car (Paint, washing, 5 tyres, electronics stuff and documents should be main focus) on the delivery day.

Good luck with the delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Its been over 6 weeks since I booked my Brezza (1st booking of ZDi+ at my location) and the dealership is still clueless about my car. I had a word with Maruti and they asked me to send an email to CRM (no idea what it means). I have got passing thoughts of taking an S-Cross now. (I know its a better vehicle but there are personal issues which makes Brezza a first choice than S-Cross.) Why Maruti, why?

Is anyone else here who has booked on 8th/9th March and still not got the car?
Hi, I booked ZDi+ on 20th March and got delivery couple of days back, I was quoted waiting period of 8 weeks.
What was the waiting period quoted at the time of booking?
If you really like the car, don't give up easily.
CRM = Customer Relationship Manager i.e Sales Adviser.
Revert to Maruti that CRM has no clue about the delivery and a little threat of cancelling the booking and moving to Ecosport, should help things move faster.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:49   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Its been over 6 weeks since I booked my Brezza (1st booking of ZDi+ at my location) and the dealership is still clueless about my car. I had a word with Maruti and they asked me to send an email to CRM (no idea what it means). I have got passing thoughts of taking an S-Cross now. (I know its a better vehicle but there are personal issues which makes Brezza a first choice than S-Cross.) Why Maruti, why?

I booked my car on 10th Mar'16 and am in the same boat as you are.
The SA is clueless and even his TL has no answers on the allotment and car arrivals. Simply waiting!
Old 27th April 2016, 13:53   #318
BHPian

Quote:

I had booked the Brezza on the 8th of March. As with everybody, I was quoted a waiting period of 8 - 10 weeks. I received the Car last week. I was in constant touch with the SA throughout and used to bug him as to when it will be dispatched.
Only after the vehicle was dispatched did the SA have any concrete information to give me. Looks like MSIL is alloting cars as per the bookin no. and dispatching them from the factory. The info that the dealer got after dispatch had my name associated with the VIN of the vehicle.
Even though I was the first one to make a booking for the Brezza with that particular dealer, I received the car way later than others due to choice of colour.
So I'm guessing you should be getting the delivery very soon if you've booked in the first few days after booking opened as MSIL seems to be having a say in the deliveries than letting the dealers run the show themselves.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:19   #319
BHPian

Has the booking amount for the Brezza increased to Rs 27,000? I was told to pay the increased Rs. 6000 by my SA from Sumankirti Motors, Pune, since I had paid Rs 21,000 at the time of booking.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:19   #320

I have a query with the engine options. I am aware that Maruti has a 1.6 litre diesel engine for the S-Cross. Is there any plan to include this 1.6 litre workhorse under the Brezza hood along with the 1.0 litre petrol engine that is also in pipeline?

Last edited by Samurai : 27th April 2016 at 14:48. Reason: avoid quoting large posts.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:24   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoshi View Post
Has the booking amount for the Brezza increased to Rs 27,000? I was told to pay the increased Rs. 6000 by my SA from Sumankirti Motors, Pune, since I had paid Rs 21,000 at the time of booking.
That is just BS!!! I have seen people booking with token amounts as low as 10k. Once the booking is made in your name, they can't ask any additional money as booking amount.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:37   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post

Hi, I booked ZDi+ on 20th March and got delivery couple of days back, I was quoted waiting period of 8 weeks.
What was the waiting period quoted at the time of booking?
If you really like the car, don't give up easily.
CRM = Customer Relationship Manager i.e Sales Adviser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnijit View Post
I booked my car on 10th Mar'16 and am in the same boat as you are.
The SA is clueless and even his TL has no answers on the allotment and car arrivals. Simply waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I had booked the Brezza on the 8th of March. As with everybody, I was quoted a waiting period of 8 - 10 weeks. I received the Car last week. I was in constant touch with the SA throughout and used to bug him as to when it will be dispatched.

I was pissed off since yesterday so today, after posting here, I looked for Ranchi regional office number and spoke to the concerned people. They already had my details and said will revert in 15 minutes. They did get back to me soon to inform that my vehicle was despatched yesterday and I should get a call from dealership soon. As per them, the delay was due to demad supply mismatch of the color-variant combination. Within 2 minutes, the sales head from dealership called me and told me the same. I had to tell him that I'm already aware of this development and I'm in touch with people higher up. I've asked him to send me the VIN number. What irked me was that the dealership was non committal till yesterday and today he has all details, had I not gone after them, they might not have taken it seriously.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:44   #323
BHPian

Quote:
I was pissed off since yesterday so today, after posting here, I looked for Ranchi regional office number and spoke to the concerned people. They already had my details and said will revert in 15 minutes. They did get back to me soon to inform that my vehicle was despatched yesterday and I should get a call from dealership soon. As per them, the delay was due to demad supply mismatch of the color-variant combination. Within 2 minutes, the sales head from dealership called me and told me the same. I had to tell him that I'm already aware of this development and I'm in touch with people higher up. I've asked him to send me the VIN number. What irked me was that the dealership was non committal till yesterday and today he has all details, had I not gone after them, they might not have taken it seriously.
Thats great news . Considering your place is way nearer from the factory form where I stay, it should take a max of 5 days to a week to arrive in the stockyard of the dealer ( Took almost 10 days to Bangalore ) and another 4 days Max for you to take delivery post the PDI and registration.
Happy Driving !
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 21:52   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I had booked the Brezza on the 8th of March. As with everybody, I was quoted a waiting period of 8 - 10 weeks. I received the Car last week.
I booked the car on 9th march and got it on 25th march. Come buy in Goa.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 10:28   #325
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
3M wraps available in most colors. White and black are readily available but others could have a lead time. Approx. price 360 INR /sqft ( for back /white - Gloss), works out ~ 13.6k for Vitara Brezza roof top!

Attachment 1500556
Are the clear film wraps available?

I plan for roof and bonnet to protect them from bird dropping.
Old 28th April 2016, 10:34   #326
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulD1980 View Post
I have a query with the engine options. I am aware that Maruti has a 1.6 litre diesel engine for the S-Cross. Is there any plan to include this 1.6 litre workhorse under the Brezza hood along with the 1.0 litre petrol engine that is also in pipeline?
As of now, there is absolutely no chance of the 1.6L going into the Vitara Brezza's engine bay.

Among other reasons, it's fully imported and the cost implications will be high. The S-Cross 1.6 makes up merely 15% of the total model sales, so Maruti knows that there are very few people willing to pay for that kind of performance. Plus, the Vitara Brezza isn't exactly underpowered by segment standards. The market isn't complaining about the 1.3L as its fuel-efficiency is enough to keep them happy.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 10:39   #327
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
Are the clear film wraps available?
I plan for roof and bonnet to protect them from bird dropping.
Yes it is available, PPF - Paint protection film.

wrapping the entire Vitara Brezza with PPF will cost ~INR 85k
Old 28th April 2016, 10:53   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulD1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Plus, the Vitara Brezza isn't exactly underpowered by segment standards. The market isn't complaining about the 1.3L as its fuel-efficiency is enough to keep them happy.
+1.

Also the Vitara Brezza is not really a heavy car as the looks would suggest! At 1195 kgs for the top spec variants, it is only 5kg heavier than the top end variant of the Punto Evo.

And the same engine in the Maruti has better driveability and produces amazing FE figures on the S-Cross. The below thread should give an idea -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...s-cross-6.html
Old 28th April 2016, 11:26   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As of now, there is absolutely no chance of the 1.6L going into the Vitara Brezza's engine bay.

Among other reasons, it's fully imported and the cost implications will be high. The S-Cross 1.6 makes up merely 15% of the total model sales, so Maruti knows that there are very few people willing to pay for that kind of performance. Plus, the Vitara Brezza isn't exactly underpowered by segment standards. The market isn't complaining about the 1.3L as its fuel-efficiency is enough to keep them happy.
I second that. 1.3 is no way underpowered. I have driven all cars with 90 hp 1.3 multijet engine and found the tuning best in Brezza. I am little worried about future of 1.6. Maruti has not imported single 1.6 engine since last few months. What would be the future of 1.6 once maruti plonks in all the imported engines?
Old 28th April 2016, 11:36   #330
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I second that. 1.3 is no way underpowered. I have driven all cars with 90 hp 1.3 multijet engine and found the tuning best in Brezza. I am little worried about future of 1.6. Maruti has not imported single 1.6 engine since last few months. What would be the future of 1.6 once maruti plonks in all the imported engines?
With the arrival of the new-gen Verna and the City facelift next year, I won't be surprised to see Maruti giving the Ciaz a facelift and plonking the 1.6 engine in the Ciaz. Also, if they plan to venture into the D segment again(maybe with the international Vitara), they will plonk this engine into those cars.

I may be wrong, but I don't see this becoming an issue in the future, not unless Maruti comes up with its own diesel engine, and for the bigger cars, not unless it can come up with an engine which can atleast stand up to the 1.6.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks