Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 21:58   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
.Should we compare these two cars,which have different engine capacities?
Why not? When there can be Creta vs. XUV and Duster vs. Scorpio shoot-outs then why not this? These two are much closer to each other in size than the above two comparos.

Coming to this duo, if I were in market for a small SUV, I would close my eyes and buy Brezza. I save lot of moolah, I get the most trusted brand in India and a bit down on size actually works in my favour as it can be navigated in city with ease. Not everyone wants big size SUV. I'm sure many will do this in coming months and I feel Brezza will steal lot of Creta's thunder in coming months. Hyundai gets off to very strong initial success but then peters out. Remember how Verna got pushed to the bottom after City and Ciaz arrived on scene? Now, if only MUL can ramp up Brezza production and cut the wait period. And where is Brezza AMT, they promised later?
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 22:19   #497
BHPian

I wish there was a proper auto version on Brezza!
I am in the market for a new car(my 5th one), just can't find a car that I can fall in love with...
- Vitara no auto
- BRV no diesel auto
- Jazz no high end auto (why buy Jazz if no magic seat!)
- Duster horrible rear seat/expensive for the features on offer
- Creta - way too expensive for a 4.5 seater & equipment on offer
- S cross - no auto
- Crysta - auto top end way to expensive/next auto version has nothing exciting

Looks like I need to postpone my buying decision
Old 22nd May 2016, 09:58   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I am in the market for a new car(my 5th one), just can't find a car that I can fall in love with...
- Vitara no auto
- BRV no diesel auto
- S cross - no auto

Why don't you buy XUV AT? The W6 AT is a real value for money.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 09:58   #499
Team-BHP Support

Drove the Brezza ZDI+ for a short stint yesterday and realized as to why it will come out as a resounding success. Gadgets nowadays make a car and it has plenty. The drive part was good as well, with safe/neutral handling and ok ride. The top end's infotainment deserves a mention, wish M&M learn something from this.

The only downside were the horrible Apollo tires. Hard and less grip. With better tires [Geolander AT and Latitude Tour HP] as per preference, things will improve.

Not comparing, but KUV's rear seats in my books are more comfy than the compromise Vitara offers. But as a two seater, I would buy this over Creta, Duster 2WD.
Sheel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 10:57   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Drove the Brezza ZDI+ for a short stint yesterday and realized as to why it will come out as a resounding success. Gadgets nowadays make a car and it has plenty. The drive part was good as well, with safe/neutral handling and ok ride. The top end's infotainment deserves a mention, wish M&M learn something from this.

The only downside were the horrible Apollo tires. Hard and less grip. With better tires [Geolander AT and Latitude Tour HP] as per preference, things will improve.

Not comparing, but KUV's rear seats in my books are more comfy than the compromise Vitara offers. But as a two seater, I would buy this over Creta, Duster 2WD.

I was waiting for your input. I just did an 80km drive in it (Patna), and I'm happy with my choice. Lately have been tremendously busy with work so unable to even sit and ponder over gadgetry. Tried cruise control today, it works like a charm.

At one point, I had to accelerate in 2nd gear to overtake an idiot trucker, and there was some torque steer which did frighten me ( this is my first diesel turbo and I hope I'm using the correct term for it). This engine does the work and in no way Brezza feels underpowered.

Parents were very comfortable throughout the drive and are happy with the Brezza and so is wife.

Till today I had driven only in city and had not got the tyre pressure checked. Today I got tyre pressure checked while taking fuel and before taking it to highway, and all were at 55psi!! Got it corrected to 33psi. The tyres looked fine to me, maybe the tyre pressure would be the culprit.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 22nd May 2016 at 11:03.
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 15:18   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
- Vitara no auto
- BRV no diesel auto
- S cross - no auto

I agree with you. There is no diesel AT option in compact SUV segment with a price rage of 10-12 Lac, if you don't want to go with Mahindra. Duster/Creta/XUV are beyond reach. Looking at long queue for Brezza, I don't think Maruti will bother to launch AT in near future. I think ford has an opportunity here to capture this untapped market to introduce diesel AT of EcoSport. But will they dare to take this route?
Old 22nd May 2016, 18:09   #502
BHPian

@sumannandy, Thanks for the suggestion. Though I somehow can not make up my mind to buy XUV, It is great value for money for sure.

@do-od-do ; I am hoping the initial enthusiasm will wane away & one of the above model comes with a proper AT. Market is flooded with new releases which garners more footfall and turn some into actual sales...
Gany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:02   #503
BHPian

Did a physical inspection of my brezza ZDI at dealer site today. I popped the bonnet to check the VIN number, and it seems the format has been changed. Usually last two alphabets (after cross) denote the month and year, but in my car the VIN didn't have any alphabets after the cross. Somewhere in the middle, I did see a "GE" which would denote 2016 May, so I guess that should be it.
I'll be driving it home, once the registration formalities are completed - hopefully by Saturday or Monday.

Also, checked out the accessories :
* The MGA armrest hasn't arrived with the dealer yet, so I'll have to wait for it.
* Didn't like the design and quality of the only leather seats (approx 10k) that they had for brezza. Probably will stick with the fabric covers for now.
* I'll be getting 2 tweeters for 1790.
* For gear lock, I'm a little confused. I wanted to get AutoCop, but Maruti folks have got minda. SA mentioned that for AutoCop one has to drill hole into the chasis and this might lead to rusting. Minda, apparently doesn't need any holes to be drilled. Anybody out there, got any experience with minda?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160523_110842.jpg  

Last edited by texens : 23rd May 2016 at 13:03.
texens is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:17   #504
BHPian

At the outset, I must thank Tushar for the excellent review. Although, I had booked a ZDi+ (Red & Black Dual Tone) on 3 April 2016, before the official review but I cannot agree with Tushar more. I have been informed that I have to wait for 5 months for delivery!!! I test drove it couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed the acceleration. I am familiar with the engine as I drive a Ritz VDi but found the Brezza much more refined and insulated in the cabin. It touched 120 KM/hr instantly before I realized and felt quite stable.

I am sure it is an excellent product considering the overall package. I may be biased as I have booked it but trust me, this looks to be a better package as compared to the Ecosport or the Creta or the Duster. It looks to me the best in its segment and matches up on almost all aspects if not better as compared to the Creta or the Duster.

Looking forward to the delivery of the car to enable me to comment in further detail.
Old 23rd May 2016, 13:24   #505
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Hope you post your Brezza stories on the forum. I thought you get tweters in ZDI. So what are the extras you get in the ZDI+?

Also, checked out the accessories :
* The MGA armrest hasn't arrived with the dealer yet, so I'll have to wait for it.
* Didn't like the design and quality of the only leather seats (approx 10k) that they had for brezza. Probably will stick with the fabric covers for now.
* I'll be getting 2 tweeters for 1790.
* For gear lock, I'm a little confused. I wanted to get AutoCop, but Maruti folks have got minda. SA mentioned that for AutoCop one has to drill hole into the chasis and this might lead to rusting. Minda, apparently doesn't need any holes to be drilled.
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:02   #506
BHPian

Got my share of Glamour today. Red ZDi it is. Will be posting pics tomorrow.

Got insurance done by myself saved about 4k also didn't get any accessories from the dealer. He was quoting the basic kit close to 8k. Found it way too over priced so left that too. Will be getting footmats and mudflaps first thing tomorrow. Also would be going in for a gear lock as my car would be parked outside the house.

Also does ZDi not come with a stereo remote. If yes then I think I missed that. Need to get it tomorrow from the dealer.
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:03   #507
BHPian

Finally the replacement windscreen arrived. Have the car for first servicing and glass replacement. Will be kept for 24 hrs and then tested for any leaks. The guys seemed confident of a good factory like finish. Hope nothing's screwed up. As far as the financial matter goes, I just have to pay 1000 as processing fee. Even the sealent and labour are covered in the insurance. Bajaj Allianz seems to be the right choice. Quick inspection and processing of claim. Barely took 2 hours for them.

Should I go for an engine oil change? 1.1k on ODO.
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:13   #508
Distinguished - BHPian

Found these pics of Vitara Brezza in Team Fiat FB page. No details known. It looks like head on impact with truck/bus.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fb_img_1464025238750.jpg  

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-fb_img_1464025231063.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 00:28   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Found these pics of Vitara Brezza in Team Fiat FB page. No details known. It looks like head on impact with truck/bus.
This looks like a really bad crash. The front chrome plate is intact so might not be a head on collision. Something hit it from the left at an incline maybe.Must have tumbled over too. Engine seems to be in place somehow. Needed a few more pics to conclude what might have happened.

Last edited by anycatd : 24th May 2016 at 00:41. Reason: corrections
Old 24th May 2016, 08:13   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Congrats on finally getting the Brezza home.

The turbo lag won't bother you much in city and bumper-to-bumper traffic. However it will make its presence felt if say you are in top gear at 80kmph, and you brake to reach speeds of 40kmph, and decide to pull from there without changing the gear. It takes a bit of time before the turbo spools up.

Regards,
Shashi
For city driving, it just putters along without much accelerator input. For highway, yes, you do feel the lag. But what I tried was using the cruise control. Cruise control is active only in gears 3, 4 & 5 and over speeds of 40kmph. So technically if your speed is above 40 in 5th gear, all you got to do is press resume button of cruise control and it just pushes you back in your seat.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks