Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2016, 23:54   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
And not mention the low profile tyres on an SUV! They look good on low-riders. SUVs look good in small rim and high profile tyres.
Can't agree with this more. I think that a slightly higher profile tyre would look better than the stock 215/60 on the Brezza. However, seeing how he was going for the Evoque look, the wheels aren't a bad choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysak View Post
Tried to make a RangeRover, But at the end what he got was just a Landwind.
At least the Landwind got the detailing right. This has way too much red splashed around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Not to my taste! Too many additional red and black bits - the bonnet grill, the chrome plate above the number plate, skid plates, lug nuts etc! The simple silver pieces would have made the looks better IMO.
Yeah. The skid plates at least should have been left alone, and the rear number plate show should have been silver.
Old 19th June 2016, 08:53   #647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The rear defogger and wiper is a must in rainy and dusty conditions. There have been times when we had to stop and clear up the rear windshield with cloth.
Get that horrible car dealer sticker off, spoils the look.

The rear wash wipe coupled with defogger really helps, especially at places, which sees lots of rains, coupled with highway driving. In 5 minutes on a highway in rains, your rear windshield gets dirty and if there is a bit of mud etc on the road, it simply obstructs your vision.

^^Plan for that drive, rope in doc.

And that red modded Brezza, what is with studs on wheel arches?
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2016, 20:32   #648
BHPian

Hi,
I am planning to go for Vitara Brezza Zdi. I have gone through the brochure and even took a test drive(Zdi+) and the vehicle has been really nice. I have some questions regarding these 2 variants.

1) In Zdi, there is no front sliding arm rest along with storage box. Does it mean that it wont have rear AC vents too since all these are housed at the same location ?
2) The cost(Ex-Showroom) difference between Zdi and Zdi+ is more than 1 Lakh. Is it really worth to pay that additional 1 Lakh for just Push start, Cruise Control, Touch Screen with Navigation, Tweeters, Front center arm rest, Electrically folding mirror, Cooled upper glovebox?

Thanks in Advance
Old 19th June 2016, 21:58   #649
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Get that horrible car dealer sticker off, spoils the look.

^^Plan for that drive, rope in doc.
That sticker is just not coming out. Its separate alphabets, I need to use a blade to remove it. I have not spoken to Doc for quite some time. I will be busy till end June, then we can plan.

Had gone for 1st service of Brezza, and work took about 3 hrs. Took a look underneath as I wanted anti rust coating and noticed a few things.

1. I found that only center part with the silencer pipe running through, and a small area behind is exposed metal but rest is all covered by fiber (black on sides). The service center guys were not confident removing and reattaching it so I asked them not to go ahead with it.

2. The center well looks deep enough to house an AWD system. Experts, is it so?

3. If there is so much space in the well, why have they not fitted the silencer there? One thing that comes to my mind is that a silencer would reduce the ground clearance if located in that well.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20160619_214218.jpg  

BoneCollector is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 02:19   #650
BHPian

Quote:
That sticker is just not coming out. Its separate alphabets, I need to use a blade to remove it.
Peel off a little bit from the side & then use WD40 to gently peel the remaining off. I hate it when dealers slap on their stickers on a car.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:45   #651
BHPian

Quote:
That sticker is just not coming out. Its separate alphabets, I need to use a blade to remove it. I have not spoken to Doc for quite some time. I will be busy till end June, then we can plan
Try using cellotape. Use 1 inch or 2 inch wide good quality cellotape to cover the entire sticker, press down on the logo to attach it to the tape and it should peel off along with the cellotape. You can also use the defogger to heat up the glass around the logo and see if it comes off easier. Or, use a hair dryer to heat the logo specifically. It should peel right off. Some solvent might be needed to remove the glue.

Quote:
Had gone for 1st service of Brezza, and work took about 3 hrs. Took a look underneath as I wanted anti rust coating and noticed a few things.
Can't wait for your ownership thread to start!!

Quote:
The center well looks deep enough to house an AWD system. Experts, is it so?
I'm no expert, but it seems you're right. Since the Brezza is based on the global Vitara platform, it is logical that the floorpan would be able to accomodate an AWD system. I am doubtful about it MSIL ever offering it here though.

Quote:
3. If there is so much space in the well, why have they not fitted the silencer there? One thing that comes to my mind is that a silencer would reduce the ground clearance if located in that well.
Since they already reached the required ground clearance, it might be more economical from a manufacturing perspective, to save on additional heat/sound insulation that would be required if the exhaust pipe were that close to the underbody. As it is, it seems that they have used the middle tunnel to route the exhaust, while keeping clearance from the body itself.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:23   #652
BANNED

Quote:
That sticker is just not coming out. Its separate alphabets, I need to use a blade to remove it.
Dont use any blade or sharp things on it. Just visit a sticker stop and they will do it in 2 mins time.
Old 20th June 2016, 13:03   #653
BHPian

Quote:
I remember seeing a youtube video where you a) put a newspaper on top of the sticker b) pour water on the newspaper, and keep it there for a while - this helps the sticker absorb the water c) after some time, just scrape the sticker with your fingers/nails

Quote:
1. I found that only center part with the silencer pipe running through, and a small area behind is exposed metal but rest is all covered by fiber (black on sides). The service center guys were not confident removing and reattaching it so I asked them not to go ahead with it.
When I asked the folks at 3M for underbody protection for Brezza, they said that it already comes with plastic cladding, hence they don't provide underbody protection for brezza. The service guys, did try to sell me the underbody protection along with some sort of lamination on all the engine parts - I wasn't sure about lamination and feared it might prevent the heat from escaping off the surface, so refused it.
Old 20th June 2016, 13:37   #654

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Request you to take extra caution while doing such kind of upgrades. Brezza don't have bulging wheel arches. Tyres bulging out of the body will be awkward to look at, and dangerous at times too.

IMO, the stock tyres in top end Brezza are good enough. Bigger ones will be an over-kill a it is a sub-4m car.

Image sources: Zigwheels, EvoIndia.
I personally feel a 17 inch wheel will just look great to give the car a real SUV look, 215/60/17 but the speed error can definetly be a worry. Is there any way to calibrate the meters and correct it if one goes for such an upsize?
Old 20th June 2016, 20:31   #655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramaero View Post
Hi,

1) In Zdi, there is no front sliding arm rest along with storage box. Does it mean that it wont have rear AC vents too since all these are housed at the same location ?
2) The cost(Ex-Showroom) difference between Zdi and Zdi+ is more than 1 Lakh. Is it really worth to pay that additional 1 Lakh for just Push start, Cruise Control, Touch Screen with Navigation, Tweeters, Front center arm rest, Electrically folding mirror, Cooled upper glovebox?
1) None of the Brezza variants have rear ac vents.

2) It all depends on what all features YOU want there to be in the car. As for me, I have booked the Zdi+ variant because I plan to keep the car for at least 7-8 years and all these features that you have mentioned will become standard in mid-variants in the next few years. Four years down the line, I don't want to get the feeling of driving an outdated car.

Having said that Maruti have seriously deliberately chose to not keep the Vdi and Zdi variants feature rich in order to push people towards Zdi+. Just yesterday a friend bought an Ertiga Vxi and I was surprised to see auto-folding mirrors, bluetooth telephony and rear ac in the mid variant.

I would suggest you to go for the Zdi+.

Cheers!
captain.torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 23:13   #656
BHPian

I finally got the front Armrest fitted. Took about half an hour as a new jobcard had to opened.

Had mailed to Maruti twice before I got a reply to get them the accessories available at the dealerships.

They have replaced the rear bottom plastic part behind the cupholders.

Costed 3090. Is worth the price.

Will post the pics in the morning.

The armrest is same as on Zdi+. With the sliding top.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 23:39   #657
Senior - BHPian

Somebody give me an insider information that Brezza AMT is coming. I'm hopelessly waiting for a diesel automatic mini-SUV as a city run-about car. This car will hardly see highways, except for edge of the city family farmhouse 3/4 times a year. The wait is killing me. I just have to pick one out of Brezza AMT and Nexon AMT, assuming Tata ever launches it. They say we are spoilt for choice. Really? Right now there are only two available--Duster AMT and Creta AT. I wouldn't touch Duster in 2016, no matter how good. Ecosport, yes, if they had an AT with diesel. Creta? Naaaw! Not at this price. So, someone please tell me Brezza AMT is coming.
Old 21st June 2016, 01:16   #658
BHPian

Quote:
That sticker is just not coming out. Its separate alphabets, I need to use a blade to remove it. I have not spoken to Doc for quite some time. I will be busy till end June, then we can plan.
I had commented about this sticker thing about a month back. Inform your dealers in advance about this. They put those huge stickers on the cars mostly on glass surfaces. Someone had even got a car with stickers on headlights. Something which was a trend two decades ago but now it interferes with functionality and aesthetics.
Old 21st June 2016, 09:36   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I finally got the front Armrest fitted. Took about half an hour as a new jobcard had to opened.

Had mailed to Maruti twice before I got a reply to get them the accessories available at the dealerships.

They have replaced the rear bottom plastic part behind the cupholders.

Costed 3090. Is worth the price.

Will post the pics in the morning.

The armrest is same as on Zdi+. With the sliding top.
Even I got the armrest at the same price. However, Maruti charged Rs 500 for installation which I found pretty high for a two-screw job. Where you charged anything for installation, and if yes, how much?
Old 21st June 2016, 10:26   #660
BHPian

Nope the price of 3090 was all inclusive of fitting and taxes.

This was done at Rohan Motors Noida.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks