Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2016, 11:36   #511
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Found these pics of Vitara Brezza in Team Fiat FB page. No details known. It looks like head on impact with truck/bus.
Looks like a nasty crash. I hope the occupants are safe, As @anycatd said, it looks more like this was a side collison than a fronal one as the chrome grill is intact. It was either of the LDi or VDi options as there are no alloy wheels, I hope it was the (o) variant in that case which would have passenger airbags as well.
Also, from the first pic, looks like the top has been ripped open to remove the occupants. Looks really nasty in the second pic. Any more details would be appreciated.
Old 24th May 2016, 12:21   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Finally the replacement windscreen arrived. Have the car for first servicing and glass replacement. Will be kept for 24 hrs and then tested for any leaks. The guys seemed confident of a good factory like finish. Hope nothing's screwed up.
They screwed up. Installed a ZDi+ variant windshield instead of ZDi. Now will have to redo it all over again. No leakages were there.
Old 24th May 2016, 12:43   #513
BHPian

Quote:
They screwed up. Installed a ZDi+ variant windshield instead of ZDi. Now will have to redo it all over again. No leakages were there.
Why redo it? What is that so nasty about having a ZDi+ windscreen? Just asking out of curiosity and nothing to criticize or make fun.
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 12:50   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a difference in windshield of ZDi / ZDi+?. If there, what is the difference?
Old 24th May 2016, 13:02   #515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If it's just the 2 sensors just let them be unused. IT's not a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
Why redo it? What is that so nasty about having a ZDi+ windscreen? Just asking out of curiosity and nothing to criticize or make fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Is there a difference in windshield of ZDi / ZDi+?. If there, what is the difference?
ZDI+ has rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps. The sensors for these is located in the windshield behind the IRVM.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 14:07   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gany View Post
I wish there was a proper auto version on Brezza!
I am in the market for a new car(my 5th one), just can't find a car that I can fall in love with...
- Vitara no auto
- BRV no diesel auto
- Jazz no high end auto (why buy Jazz if no magic seat!)
- Duster horrible rear seat/expensive for the features on offer
- Creta - way too expensive for a 4.5 seater & equipment on offer
- S cross - no auto
- Crysta - auto top end way to expensive/next auto version has nothing exciting

Looks like I need to postpone my buying decision
You have got Ford EcoSport with AT, though I am not a fan of that. I am happy about my decision on Vitara Vrezza; got the ZDI blazing red delivered yesterday. My next change is an AT for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Also does ZDi not come with a stereo remote. If yes then I think I missed that. Need to get it tomorrow from the dealer.
Yes, it comes with a remote for music player. I saw it while doing the PDI before it was gone for registration. But I too forgot to check it while taking the delivery yesterday, need to check that.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 24th May 2016 at 14:23. Reason: back to back posts
Old 24th May 2016, 15:21   #517
BHPian

Does Maruti Suzuki give dealers one exclusive vehicle for test drive and another one for display in their showroom?
Or is it only one test drive vehicle that they give and for the display they would have to manage with the vehicles that is allocated to someone?
One of my friends got this doubt as he had an experience like this. Please help us here.

Sales executive informed him that the vehicle is available and papers will go for the registration formalities the next day morning. Upon checking where it can be found to do a PDI, they informed it is kept for display in the display area. He was not happy about this as many people may visit the showroom before it is delivered and do all sorts of checking / testing and asked the SE to remove the vehicle immediately from there.
Old 24th May 2016, 15:45   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
Sales executive informed him that the vehicle is available and papers will go for the registration formalities the next day morning. Upon checking where it can be found to do a PDI, they informed it is kept for display in the display area. He was not happy about this as many people may visit the showroom before it is delivered and do all sorts of checking / testing and asked the SE to remove the vehicle immediately from there.
They have no business to put a vehicle allocated to you on display. Please be assured, you have all rights to insist that you prefer a vehicle that is delivered to directly.
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 16:18   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
If it's just the 2 sensors just let them be unused. IT's not a big deal.
ZDI+ has rain sensing wipers and auto headlamps. The sensors for these is located in the windshield behind the IRVM.
I haven't visited the service center. Only conversions through phone. He says there is a box that's connected to the sensors. It doesn't have a place to go in a ZDi. Said it sort of distracts the driver. Don't know exactly what happened but I told them to redo it. Don't want any issues further.
Old 24th May 2016, 16:52   #520
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I haven't visited the service center. Only conversions through phone. He says there is a box that's connected to the sensors. It doesn't have a place to go in a ZDi. Said it sort of distracts the driver. Don't know exactly what happened but I told them to redo it. Don't want any issues further.
Leave it. There is no distraction of any sort. The ZDI+ has the box whereas the ZDI doesn't. Does that mean all ZDI+ drivers will be distracted?

If anything you can now add the module and enable the 2 features on your car. The biggest expense of windshield and sensors is taken care of!
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2016, 17:11   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Leave it. There is no distraction of any sort. The ZDI+ has the box whereas the ZDI doesn't. Does that mean all ZDI+ drivers will be distracted?

If anything you can now add the module and enable the 2 features on your car. The biggest expense of windshield and sensors is taken care of!
Too late. Already removed it. I don't need those automatic features. Would have bought the higher variant in that case. He told me there is an empty space on ZDi+ windshield if installed on ZDi. Nothing to obstruct the viewing as told by the other guy from body work department but just not so aesthetic in finish.
Old 25th May 2016, 16:15   #522
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Did a physical inspection of my brezza ZDI at dealer site today. I popped the bonnet to check the VIN number, and it seems the format has been changed. Usually last two alphabets (after cross) denote the month and year, but in my car the VIN didn't have any alphabets after the cross. Somewhere in the middle, I did see a "GE" which would denote 2016 May, so I guess that should be it.
I'll be driving it home, once the registration formalities are completed - hopefully by Saturday or Monday.

Also, checked out the accessories :
* The MGA armrest hasn't arrived with the dealer yet, so I'll have to wait for it.
* Didn't like the design and quality of the only leather seats (approx 10k) that they had for brezza. Probably will stick with the fabric covers for now.
* I'll be getting 2 tweeters for 1790.
* For gear lock, I'm a little confused. I wanted to get AutoCop, but Maruti folks have got minda. SA mentioned that for AutoCop one has to drill hole into the chasis and this might lead to rusting. Minda, apparently doesn't need any holes to be drilled. Anybody out there, got any experience with minda?

Congratulations on your new Brezza. Getting the tweeters would be good enough as the sound from o.e. speakers is good

Is the armrest now available as a MGA? As it was not there when I got mine delivered. Can you share the part number and cost as well.

Thanks

Rishi
Old 26th May 2016, 01:03   #523
BHPian

Does the Brezza come with fully synthetic oil from the factory or mineral / semi synthetic oil? Read that Swift is coming with fully synthetic oil from factory. My dealership is using Castrol oils. He said fully synthetic will be offered if customer desires so. Third service is still months away but I just want to be prepared with a good oil to make the engine less noisier and efficiency higher.
Old 26th May 2016, 11:43   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza booking surges ahead, demand exceeds forecast. Waiting period extends at many dealerships! 50% bookings are for the top end.

Production ramped up to cater to 8.5k units/month, but demand increases further creating a mismatch in the supply chain.

Quote:
Enquiries at some of the carmaker’s dealerships in New Delhi have revealed that the top-end variants – ZDi (O) and ZDi Plus – already have a waiting period of up to 9 months while the LDi, LDi (O), VDi and VDi (O) will see owners get delivery only in December 2016 or January 2017
Quote:
Current bookings for the Vitara Brezza are understood to be in the region of 70,000 units with about 20,000 wholesales reported by the carmaker. While March 2016 sales comprised 5,563 units, April 2016 sales numbers rose to 7,832 units
http://www.autocarpro.in/news-nation...w-months-20103

Last edited by volkman10 : 26th May 2016 at 11:47.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th May 2016, 14:29   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Found these pics of Vitara Brezza in Team Fiat FB page. No details known. It looks like head on impact with truck/bus.
this is on NH8, on the way to Jaipur. Saw it over the weekend.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks