Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2016, 12:12   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban legend View Post
Test drove the Innova a t and creta Manual and auto. The highway manners of the Innova deserve a relaxed driving style but the engine is quite powerful. Found the creta to be just like a c segment sedan-the dynamics , interior space , features etc. But the automatic has only 2 airbags so it's not ideal for highway use. And the manual is a pain for city use. Maybe that's why the x u v sells so well. It offers everything the others don't , but with a compromise on quality and reliability.
Sales numbers for the last month

Hyundai Creta - 7981
Toyota Innova - 7765
Mahindra XUV - 2210

I don't think, XUV comes anywhere close to the Creta or Innova in sales numbers.

Quote:
Wish the Innova had a stiffer suspension. It would have made it much better to drive
XUV is an SUV which demands stiffer suspension while the Innova is an MUV where the passenger comfort is of utmost importance. The Innova's 2nd row is one of the best places to be on for a long drive. Both are different purpose vehicles. There is no point in trying to make the Innova to come with a suspension like an SUV. Its very USP ( passenger comfort ) will be lost because of that.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 13:18   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Sales numbers for the last month

Hyundai Creta - 7981
Toyota Innova - 7765
Mahindra XUV - 2210

I don't think, XUV comes anywhere close to the Creta or Innova in sales numbers.

XUV is an SUV which demands stiffer suspension while the Innova is an MUV where the passenger comfort is of utmost importance. The Innova's 2nd row is one of the best places to be on for a long drive. Both are different purpose vehicles. There is no point in trying to make the Innova to come with a suspension like an SUV. Its very USP ( passenger comfort ) will be lost because of that.
I never meant that the XUV sells more than the crysta. It seems like a better package for that price.
Considering the power available, I still feel the crysta should have better dynamics.
BTW I am booking a crysta-I found both the drivers seat and back seat to be extremely comfortable, and the family wants a MUV too.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 18:07   #303
BHPian

Has anyone driven the crysta petrol? I hear the bookings have started.
Old 19th August 2016, 21:52   #304
BHPian

Based on my requirements I had finalised the Innova crysta diesel. But now I am getting more inclined towards the petrol.
Annual running is maximum 10 k.
6 days a week -10 km per day in the city. But over short distances of 2.5 km with gaps of few hours in between. Self driven with no one on board.
Most weekends 50 km drive to , gap of few hours and 50 km drive back. 4 people on board with minimal luggage
For the above my requirement was a d segment car , petrol , automatic with good reliability , minimal down time, luxurious interiors packed with features. Size not an issue as I have lots of parking space both at home and my work place and I rarely need to park on roadside spots.
Annual road trips -1500 km. These would be over a mixture of national highways , village roads , broken roads etc. 2-3 adults and 2 kids on board. Lots of luggage space needed.
For this my requirement was a big family car with lots of safety features , good grunt for overtaking and an easy top speed of 140 kph. (I rarely cross 150), good dynamics. It will be mostly self driven , occasionally chauffeur driven.
Car must have bullet proof reliability , wide service network and good ground clearance.
I felt the crysta fits the bill perfectly. I plan on keeping the car for 8-10 years.
Since I have always used smooth petrols (city v tec, swift ) and diesels (Laura tdi , Bmw 3 series) I would prefer a petrol vehicle.
I will be booking a crysta soon so suggestions are welcome.
P s. I am also looking for a used civic to satisfy my tinkering and boy racer needs.
Moderators , please move this post to the right thread if needed.
Old 19th August 2016, 23:23   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Annual running is maximum 10 k.
6 days a week -10 km per day in the city. But over short distances of 2.5 km with gaps of few hours in between. Self driven with no one on board.
Most weekends 50 km drive to , gap of few hours and 50 km drive back. 4 people on board with minimal luggage

petrol , automatic with good reliability , minimal down time,

Annual road trips -1500 km. Lots of luggage space needed.

I will be booking a crysta soon so suggestions are welcome.
Except for your 'annual road trip with lots of luggage' requirement, all the rest of your needs would be very well served perfectly by the EcoSport Ecoboost Titanium+ more or less.

I would go for it mainly because I wouldn't want to lug a huge MPV around all year long just for my one time vacation requirements. I'd like to be more light footed and compact instead. The rest depends on your personal choices. Don't know how you like the Ecosport interiors.

Just my two cents.

P.S. - you can always hire a Crysta for your annual romp

Last edited by pixantz : 19th August 2016 at 23:31. Reason: Adding more
Old 20th August 2016, 06:56   #306
BHPian

Yes the ecosports interiors are not exactly the segment. Although it does have a fair bit of features. Also I am not too sure how easy it is to hire cars for self driven vacations.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th August 2016 at 07:02. Reason: Post edited. Please refrain from posting in SMS lingo.
urban legend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 09:22   #307
BHPian

Sorry for the punctuation errors -I meant "D" segment interiors.
The creta petrol automatic is not available in the top trim and has only 2 airbags.
The Toyota dealer has said the petrol crysta will be available later for test drive so I have decided to wait a bit.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Old 20th August 2016, 10:06   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the ecosports interiors are not exactly the segment. Although it does have a fair bit of features. Also I am not too sure how easy it is to hire cars for self driven vacations.
Regarding self drive cars: I have used Zoomcar a couple of times - easy and no regrets. Note: the cars were never top of the line. Also, the cars were not always in best condition. However, I did not find anything critical amiss. Hence, the trips were smooth.

I have done some checking on Myles too. Looks good.

I noticed that you are in Kalyan. Why don't you take a trial (maybe both Zoomcar and Myles) and then decide.

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 12:33   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Based on my requirements I had finalised the Innova crysta diesel. But now I am getting more inclined towards the petrol.
Have you considered the BRV? Going by your Petrol inclination and if carrying 6( +1 (?)) people is your requirement, look no further. 15 Lakhs OTR for the Auto. Add 1 Lakhs worth of accessories to make it look premium and you are good to go. It is much better for self-driving than the Innova within the city, and I can vouch for that, as I own both ( Petrol Auto BRV and the Diesel Manual Innova)
If 5 seater is okay with you then you have the Creta, Ecosport to consider too.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 13:48   #310
BHPian

I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question- is there any listing about which are the safest cars in india ? I mean apart from the airbags there are so many factors but it all boils down to how the car performed in the crash test. Example - is the creta with 2 airbags as safe as an ecosport with 6 airbags?
Old 20th August 2016, 14:36   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I own a DICOR and there is atleast 8 inches of legroom(my knees to the dash) even after me being seated in it. It is not about the entry, but about the space front passenger has, after being seated. Innova crysta definitely lacks front seat travel. Dont even compare it with storme, compare it with punto/polo, you will find more space in the front on those hatches(when front seat is pushed to the farthest setting) than on the crysta.
I am of similar height (6.1) and have used Dicor extensively. Have driven FIL's Crysta occasionally in the past month. I'm surprised you find the space a deal breaker, I found it adequate enough. Even though yes, it doesn't move as far back as Safari did. But then, I was never comfortable pushing the Seat in Dicor all the way back, so this could be an issue for you. Maybe some recline adjustment might do the trick ?

Quote:
Based on my requirements I had finalised the Innova crysta diesel. But now I am getting more inclined towards the petrol. ....
P s. I am also looking for a used civic to satisfy my tinkering and boy racer needs.
Wouldn't there be a huge depreciation for the Crysta petrol?
Besides, you are anyway looking for a Civic so it might be enough to satisfy the petrol head in you I too have picked up one recently and trust me, it complements the Crysta completely. Between these two, most of the needs related to driving and travelling are adequately covered.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 16:40   #312
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask this question- is there any listing about which are the safest cars in india ? I mean apart from the airbags there are so many factors but it all boils down to how the car performed in the crash test. Example - is the creta with 2 airbags as safe as an ecosport with 6 airbags?

Global ratings

Topgear India report on Indian cars (Crash tests)

Autocar India report on Indian cars (Crash tests)
Old 21st August 2016, 10:03   #313
BHPian

Well there s another problem now. When my family saw that the zx version has only captain seats , they were quite put off. Specially the kids as they felt it would definitely be boring to sit apart on long journeys. The dealer says they are not able to sell the rear bench seat separately and it s not allowed to convert a 7 seater to a 8 seater.
Is it possible to get an after market rear bench seat ? Matching the leather upholstery will also be tough.
Old 21st August 2016, 13:27   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well there s another problem now. When my family saw that the zx version has only captain seats , they were quite put off. Specially the kids as they felt it would definitely be boring to sit apart on long journeys. The dealer says they are not able to sell the rear bench seat separately and it s not allowed to convert a 7 seater to a 8 seater.
Is it possible to get an after market rear bench seat ? Matching the leather upholstery will also be tough.
I would not recommend an after market rear bench. I fail to understand why would Toyota make such a choice. They should have offered both variants for all versions.
Old 22nd August 2016, 12:39   #315
BHPian

Dear friends, after thinking over my requirements, I have come to the conclusion that a D segment sedan is what i probably require. Can anyone provide the link to the relevant thread for choosing a D segment sedan?
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and a big thanks to drmohitg for answering all my queries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks