Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2016, 06:46   #196
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Only issues were with the ice:
- The DVD player refused to play. The accessories guy said that 'Original DVDs can't be played ". I ignored him
- the remote also did not work
- the crm tried to show me how to voice tag a contact but could not figure it out
- finally, nobody knew how to select a # from a phone list from the steering wheel controls (anybody here know?TIA)

(aside: Toyota need to train its staff better when there are such complex consoles.)
Sad that first class cars are let down by complete idiots at the sales counter.

It is a function of the fact that the Best, Most Intelligent and Well educated service oriented people get snapped up by the Airlines, then the Hotels and only then does "Retail" get a chance.

Within this, most of the "Best Crop" of people would never want to work for some miserable "Dealer", always preferring to go for an opportunity direct with a Company.

Unfortunately, the whole of the Auto Industry works through Dealerships, Distributorships and Resellers, irrespective of Marque/ Brand. And sadly, it is usually the lower end of the spectrum of those "Service Execs" available, that end up as Sales people in the car showrooms.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 13:26   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
If its a SRS Airbag, then were all the passengers in the car buckled up too?
SRS simply is name given to the airbag systems. It has nothing to do with seatbelts being worn or not. Yes, it is supposed to supplement seatbelts and one should wear seatbelts but the airbags will deploy regardless of whether the occupants are belted or not.
Old 17th July 2016, 13:32   #198
BHPian

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
SRS simply is name given to the airbag systems. It has nothing to do with seatbelts being worn or not. Yes, it is supposed to supplement seatbelts and one should wear seatbelts but the airbags will deploy regardless of whether the occupants are belted or not.
Airbags deploying without seatbelts is far more dangerous than not having airbags at all.

If you have paid for seatbelts and airbags then why not make full use of it.

I think airbags don't deploy if you are not buckled up, atleast that's what I have read wrt many cars of the past era.
Old 17th July 2016, 14:03   #199
BHPian

Heard that recently manufacturers code their airbags to deploy despite not buckled up in brands like Tata, Maruthi Suzuki etc.,.Of course, the opposite have been the norms since airbags began to be used on cars.
Old 17th July 2016, 15:06   #200
BHPian

VX vs. ZX thats the question

Hi

I am trying to decide between a VX and a ZX MT. The primary significant difference for me seems to be the stability control while turning at high speeds. Everything else can be fitted later. Or is it only needed for the larger tires of the ZX?

Is the stability control as big a deal as, say, ABS? I dont intend going over 130 kmph ever on straight long highways and am a safe driver as it is.

The difference in cost will pay for the fuel for 30k kms!

Best regards
Sidd
Old 17th July 2016, 15:18   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naga.sid View Post
The primary significant difference for me seems to be the stability control while turning at high speeds. Everything else can be fitted later. Or is it only needed for the larger tires of the ZX?
Is the stability control as big a deal as, say, ABS? I dont intend going over 130 kmph ever on straight long highways and am a safe driver as it is.
Best regards
Sidd
If budget isn't a constraint, why to skimp on the Safety Features? Side Airbags, ASC are definitely worth every rupee. ABS & ASC can't be compared, each has an individual role to play, and could be life saver if & when required.
The other goodies on the ZX can be fitted from outside, but than nothing can match the factory fit.
ScorpMan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 15:42   #202
Team-BHP Support

Just had a 20mins drive of the Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX AT. In summary : Never has a car been so unanimously rejected in my family after a test drive!

Dad: Found the looks to be slightly overdone. Hated the chrome garnishes till I told him they were accessories. But the bigger put off for him was the interiors. He found it gawdy and overdone. Said it wasn't elegant. The blue illumination was not too his liking, the dash design was too busy and he absolutely hated the foldable tables. He said the old Corolla we have has such elegant and simple interiors.

Sister: Ewwwwwww it's a van. Why can't we get something nicer. (She's visiting from USA so has no clue on cars here)

Mom: This was the biggest decider. She couldn't climb into it at all. The accessory side step may help but it's a 2 step process and it's too laborious.

ME : I was ok with it overall but had a few put offs which I could have lived with but they were significant:

1. The NVH is still poor. I drove a TD car with 3,000kms and the 2.8 engine is audible across the range. My dad asked me why is it still noisy like the old one. Your Ford diesel is much more refined.

2. Gearbox takes time getting used to. Stop/go traffic in normal mode results in unnecessary gear changes and overly sensitive throttle response. ECO mode was very good in stop/go traffic. PWR mode on an open stretch was good to pass slow traffic. Normal mode should be made less sensitive in my opinion.

3. The hydraulic power steering is way too heavy at parking speeds. I struggled to take a U-turn and then manoeuvre the van through my basement. Not city friendly at all.

It's got a lot of plus points but is destined to sell in large numbers. Sadly it's a no go for me due to the reasons listed above else this was close to replacing the 7 year old Corolla. Back to the drawing board as they say.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 17th July 2016 at 19:38.
Vid6639 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 18:03   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
VX vs. ZX thats the question

Hi

I am trying to decide between a VX and a ZX MT. The primary significant difference for me seems to be the stability control while turning at high speeds. Everything else can be fitted later. Or is it only needed for the larger tires of the ZX?

Best regards

Sidd

I bought a Crysta ZX recently. I didn't even check out the VX versions. Safety is non negotiable. Pls research the stability control in detail. It is probably more important in an SUV/MPV than in a sedan.
If budget permits pls go in for the ZX.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 23:11   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Well finally took delivery of a Silver Vx 8 Seater yesterday....Looking forward to another trouble free ownership experience.
Congrats Mr. Sridhu, I finally found someone who has bought Innova Crysta in silver color out of the lot. Folks out there seems to be head over heels over Bronze, Grey and Pearl White. Guys at the dealership says this shade of silver is more 'Premium' in nature but do let us know how it actually is in the real world. It would be great if you could upload some pictures. thanks!

Wishing you trouble free and happy ownership of the car. Cheers!

Quote:
I am trying to decide between a VX and a ZX MT.
You are in the same boat as I was Mr. Sidd. I would definitely recommend Zx over Vx. Following are the main features Vx misses out on. Driver electric seat adjust, navigation, chrome on RVMs, alloy wheel size, passenger easy slide, leather seats, speed sensing door lock, cruise control, vehicle stability control & hill start assist control.

IMHO, all these features are worth the price difference between Vx and Zx which is roughly about Rs. 2L.

I haven't experience Hill Start Assist Control but let me tell you about Vehicle stability control which I experienced in 2.8 AT Zx test vehicle. You will definitely feel it when you drive around ghats/hilly areas. Throw this vehicle in any corner or tricky situation and you will be amazed to see how quickly if sorts itself out, its that brilliant!

keep us posted what you finally decide. All the best!

drive_angry
drive_angry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 09:59   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Airbags deploying without seatbelts is far more dangerous than not having airbags at all.

If you have paid for seatbelts and airbags then why not make full use of it.

I think airbags don't deploy if you are not buckled up, atleast that's what I have read wrt many cars of the past era.
No doubt is is far better to be wearing a seatbelt. However that has nothing to do with airbag deployment. Airbags deploy as needed regardless of seatbelt usage. Many people are labouring under this misconception.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:03   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
No doubt is is far better to be wearing a seatbelt. However that has nothing to do with airbag deployment. Airbags deploy as needed regardless of seatbelt usage. Many people are labouring under this misconception.
I was not aware of this.

BTW. For who thinks "I don't need Seat Belts" watch this

Seat belts are your primary safety gear. Airbags are SRS (Secondary Restraint System)"

Last edited by freedom : 18th July 2016 at 10:10.
freedom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 15:08   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another question:

The card did not come with engine cover. The SA told only the Zx has it.

Is it true? If not, can somebody send me a valid link that says so?
Yes, engine cover comes only in Z. The cost for that engine cover as shared by another bhpian (methecupid) is 10k.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 16:36   #208
BHPian

FIL took delivery of GX AT a week back.

Have driven around a bit in the city and once on the highway. No experience of the previous iteration, however as compared to a Safari I've driven extensively, this is miles ahead in the overall refinement levels, outright performance and handling . It manages to cruise comfortably at 1500 rpm at the 100 kmph mark, so higher speeds shouldn't be a problem (though personally I never exceed 120). As a mechanical package it's quite impressive by my (limited) standards and I guess I kind of get what the fuss has been about this vehicle till date

Also like the fact that the GX even though a very poor cousin of the top variant, still gets the essential stuff. Coming from the 3rd gen city whose top variant was equally bare bones, no one is missing the equipment levels much anyway. Will keep an eye on the after market cosmetic upgrades for the interiors, they should start flooding the market pretty soon now.

Last edited by avisidhu : 20th July 2016 at 16:37.
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2016, 19:15   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
FIL took delivery of GX AT a week back...Will keep an eye on the after market cosmetic upgrades for the interiors, they should start flooding the market pretty soon now.
Congrats avisidhuIf I may ask, we have seen a lot of Crysta owners complaining about alignment issues about the car. Did you face the same with yours? are you planning to upgrade the ICE? what all accessories did you choose?
Old 20th July 2016, 20:33   #210
BHPian

I tried to edit recent post the pictures but unfortunately I am not getting an option to upload photos.

Body kits of Innova Crysta

Source: The Automotive India

Which one will you pick?

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-body1.jpg  

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-body2.jpg  

drive_angry is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks