Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2024, 13:55   #496
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Hi folks,

With age catching up with our 2014 Gurkha, I'm thinking about replacing it with either the Hilux or the VCross.

I'm basically looking for a utility vehicle with decent levels of comfort. The vehicle will be used to haul farm produce. Reliability and low cost of ownership are the most important factors.

After reading some horror stories related to the Vcross, I'm less inclined towards it. However, the Hilux is too overpriced to be attractive.

I'm seeking feedback from people who own the DMax - preferably the commercial variants - about the reliability and cost of ownership.
Old 25th March 2024, 17:16   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
Hi folks,

With age catching up with our 2014 Gurkha, I'm thinking about replacing it with either the Hilux or the VCross.

I'm basically looking for a utility vehicle with decent levels of comfort. The vehicle will be used to haul farm produce. Reliability and low cost of ownership are the most important factors.

After reading some horror stories related to the Vcross, I'm less inclined towards it. However, the Hilux is too overpriced to be attractive.

I'm seeking feedback from people who own the DMax - preferably the commercial variants - about the reliability and cost of ownership.
Reliability is hardly ever an issue with Isuzu vehicles. I personally know a friend whose V-Cross has covered every Himalayan state in India (170k on the odo) and only changed his clutch and suspension apart from regular service. The bigger challenge is the wafer-thin dealership network. If you can stretch your budget, go with the Hilux. I'd also suggest you wait for the upcoming Scorpio-N pickup.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 17:50   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrit@wheels View Post
suspension apart from regular service.
Thank you for the pointers. Suspension work at 170K KMs seems early for a pick-up. For reference, the stock suspension of our Scorpio lasted 4L KMs. If you could share more details about the failure, it'll be incredibly useful.
Old 25th March 2024, 19:34   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
Thank you for the pointers. Suspension work at 170K KMs seems early for a pick-up. For reference, the stock suspension of our Scorpio lasted 4L KMs. If you could share more details about the failure, it'll be incredibly useful.
1 - Personally, I do not find it to be early at all. We had a 2010 Fortuner and its suspension got unbearably hard at around the 120k mark. Sure, it was driven in mixed conditions in the hills and plains of Uttarakhand but it became unbearable at this point. We changed the suspension and things got a lot better.
2 - This Isusu was used roughly. By roughly, I mean not abused but used across the Himalayas in all kinds of roads or no roads. It did off-roading and overlapping on a regular basis. The stock suspension was swapped out for a Dr. Nano lift-kit and the owner is VERY happy with the change.
Amrit@wheels is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks