Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 16:44   #436

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsha87 View Post
Mine has been both water and dust proof
===
It works merely on principle of controlled air flow from piston valves.
Thank you for the clarifications! Booking mine next week. Cheers!

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd October 2019 at 17:45. Reason: Spacing.
Old 11th September 2019, 12:41   #437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelspinz View Post
Thank you for the clarifications! Booking mine next week. Cheers!
And just 2 days before I book the vehicle, they've increased the price by over a lakh!

Last edited by aah78 : 2nd October 2019 at 17:45. Reason: Spacing.
Wheelspinz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2019, 09:32   #438

That's unfortunate. Wait for January since you have waited so long. The price could go down by almost 1.5 lakh if they have built inventory of the imported parts. Which I am sure they have. This price hike is to push the z prestige model and due to rupees devaluation. And a little dirty nudge sales tactic. They did the same to me, warned me about a price hike, then said that price is hiked, then offered discounts.
utkarsha87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 14:42   #439

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarsha87 View Post
That's unfortunate. Wait for January since you have waited so long. The price could go down by almost 1.5 lakh if they have built inventory of the imported parts. Which I am sure they have. This price hike is to push the z prestige model and due to rupees devaluation. And a little dirty nudge sales tactic. They did the same to me, warned me about a price hike, then said that price is hiked, then offered discounts.
Unfortunately I had a time crunch and needed to buy the vehicle right now. Have put in the downpayment for the Z manual variant. Will update the entire purchase experience once I get the vehicle.
Wheelspinz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2019, 23:41   #440

Hello fellow V-Cross enthusiasts, I got the Auto version today. This is the new Silky Pearl White color, Z-Prestige edition, the one that Isuzu says is a Limited Edition. It's beautiful. Will post pics sometime soon.

I knew the 1.9L could feel a little underpowered (and, it did, a little). But, I wanted an Auto, so I got it without even a test drive (heh, so much for impulsivity).

Loved the drive back home from dealer this evening. I'm getting used to the Diesel engine noise a bit. This is my very first Diesel vehicle.

Planning to accessorize this a bit. 2" Lift kit (A good friend recommends Oldman EMU).

Not too sure about what to put in the back. Should I just go for a Roll bar and bedliner, or a full Tonneau cover.

And if Tonneau cover, should I go Isuzu DBox (Opens up slanted), or
The CarryBoy thing that slides open (Advantage of this Carryboy model - I can put up tall things, like plants and furniture on the rare occasions that I may have to transport them).

Just the roll-bar/bedliner to me looks a tad bit more sportier, but the Tonneau cover accesories also add style - and convenience of carrying luggage safely. Since this is a whitish vehicle, I'm thinking of a Black rollbar, instead of the stainless steel style.

I guess, I will have to make peace with one or the other choice.

Yes, planning to get slightly bigger and wider tires too. I will probably cap off my accessory wishlist with the black window visor kit that Isuzu advertises.

Any thoughts welcome!
RedShiftEuropa is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 13:47   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShiftEuropa View Post
Hello fellow V-Cross enthusiasts, I got the Auto version today. This is the new Silky Pearl White color, Z-Prestige edition, the one that Isuzu says is a Limited Edition. It's beautiful. Will post pics sometime soon.

Any thoughts welcome!
Congratulations on bringing the Truck home!

I am certain you would have started enjoying it already. Looking forward for the rear split seat mechanism and a feedback on the Auto Tranny and overall fuel consumption in Hyderabad City use and Highways. And finally how is the rear portion looking now, which one did you go for and its cost as well.
Old 10th November 2019, 12:54   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShiftEuropa View Post
ot too sure about what to put in the back. Should I just go for a Roll bar and bedliner, or a full Tonneau cover

First off - congratulations on your purchase. From all the feedback we have heard from owners of the newer 1.9 auto... the engine is much more refined and powerful than the old one (I'm jealous) - if it feels underpowered in the lower gears then Pete's is your best friend.

Coming to the point I quoted from your message which prompted me to log in after ages () I would strongly recommend not putting anything at the moment. Keep it completely stock for some time and get used to the vehicle. If you rush in and put something I guarantee within a few months you will be posting about selling off whatever you put - hahaha.

Use that time to join us for drives etc and see what others have done, give yourself some time to get a feel of what you want to do with the back and then put in your hard earned money!
TwistedFaith is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2019, 14:42   #443
BHPian

D-Max V- Cross Z Prestige ( Automatic)
24,24000/- (on road - Mumbai)

Can someone help me with known sources for the same in Mumbai? What is the best on road price and accessories which one should buy with the Truck?
Old 17th December 2019, 22:40   #444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
D-Max V- Cross Z Prestige ( Automatic)
24,24000/- (on road - Mumbai)

Can someone help me with known sources for the same in Mumbai? What is the best on road price and accessories which one should buy with the Truck?
Finally my uncle went ahead with the Isuzu V Cross Z Prestige edition. We got it on road for 24.31 and roughly 2 Lakhs worth of accessories.

For the first time I drove a pick up truck and was so surprised that it cruises at 80-90 just like any other SUV. It is so composed on turns even at 60-70 kmph and that gear box although inferior to my DSG, still showed no sign of jerks.

Looking forward to meet my uncle more often than before from now on. He knows the reason already for the newly found excessive liking towards him

Thank you Vivek for confirming that we haven't made a wrong choice in the Car as well as the accessories.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 17th December 2019 at 22:42.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2020, 22:20   #445
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this is the right thread but bumped into this video from YouTube of a Thai channel.

I’m flattered with how dope it looks!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th April 2020 at 00:02. Reason: Typo.
gururajrv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 18:33   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
What's nice about the suspension is its quietness. This is genuinely one of the most silent suspensions I have experienced
Hello ,

I'm quite a late entrant here. I don't own a Isuzu V cross but i've used my friend's Isuzu a bit including a single 900 km round trip. My onward journey was with full load - close to a ton - sacks of rice from my farm house to my native. That was the first time I was driving a vehicle with such laden weight for a long distance. The vehicle performed extremely well. What I felt lacking was the absence of rear discs. This is much needed when the truck is loaded to the hilt. Cruising at 100+ with 1 ton on board was quite effortless for this vehicle.

The thing which I like the most is it's quiet suspension as Aditya had pointed out in the test report . To be honest, when I'm behind the wheel of this car I literally pray for a bad stretch of roads..No I'm not exaggerating! It's such a breeze to drive this one on bad roads and the icing on the cake is its super smooth and quiet front suspension. The way it glides over potholed and broken patch of roads is just like a hot knife through butter. Yes it's not a corner craver nor a pedal to metal beast. But it does best what it's good at. I've taken this vehicle to flood hit areas of Wayanad (Kerala) and literally over non existent roads. It's just an amazing piece of machine to say the least.

This is what I wanted to ask my fellow bhpians here.

What makes the suspension of Isuzu such a quiet one? Why the same quietness of suspension is not found in in our sedans and cross overs?

With Isuzu , we hardly hear nor feel any bone jarring thud no matter what the size and shape of pothole it encounters.

Would love to hear from Isuzuians who surely would've clocked many miles with this mean machine. Thank You.

Few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20200413175854_whatsapp.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20200413175921_whatsapp.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-screenshot_20200413182623_whatsapp.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 13th April 2020 at 18:36.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:08   #447
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
What makes the suspension of Isuzu such a quiet one?Why the same quietness of suspension is not found in in our sedans and cross overs?
Did you not felt any difference when it was loaded and when empty?

Leaf springs, usually work well when loaded. Remember, Ambassador used to be the choice of everyone for comfort. Similarly, You might be surprised how nice a Gypsy rides with 6 people in the rear
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2020, 20:35   #448
Senior - BHPian

Oh yes. The car rides much better when loaded, even if it's loaded to quarter of its payload capacity.

Solo drive with empty load is quite a roller coaster. It bounces a lot even on slightly undulated roads. One has to be really careful on twisties as hard braking and steering can cause it to fish tail. It's a solid vehicle and built to take the rough more than the smooth. There's a world of difference in mannerisms when loaded and otherwise.

Even the leaf springs make a lot of noise when the loading bay is empty. Tanking( fuelling) up the vehicle to it's full capacity makes things slightly better.

Just wondering a bed liner made of iron or some heavy duty material can soften the stiffly sprung leaf sets. It should weigh around 70-80 kg. Making it to carry such weight in the rear all the time ( without compromising the space ) makes it a better car for normal usage - solo drive / or with a co passenger.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 13th April 2020 at 20:39.
Old 14th April 2020, 14:51   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Did you not felt any difference when it was loaded and when empty?

Leaf springs, usually work well when loaded. Remember, Ambassador used to be the choice of everyone for comfort. Similarly, You might be surprised how nice a Gypsy rides with 6 people in the rear
V Cross for India is configured very different, compared to typical pickup trucks. Even the declared payload is half of what other markets have.

Rear suspension is very soft, so rides better without load, when loaded it becomes more bouncy.

Aftermarket Old Man EMU and Ironman suspensions have stiffer spring rates for rear, car rides much flatter with these.

The advantage with leaf springs is that the ride quality does not change much with load, coil sprung SUVs get far worse with load.

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th April 2020 at 14:53.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2020, 15:11   #450
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
V Cross for India is configured very different, compared to typical pickup trucks.
Well, you will know far better than me as I owned for only a brief time. It was standard suspension, and I always felt better when there was something in the rear. But given the low usage of mine, I may be wrong.
Quote:
Even the declared payload is half of what other markets have.
I think that's because of some regulations, there's a thin line on what qualifies as commercial and private. This is from my initial discussions with the company officials. But, you will agree, it can take multiple times over the stated payload without a sweat.
Quote:
The advantage with leaf springs is that the ride quality does not change much with load, coil sprung SUVs get far worse with load.
I thought it's the other way, if we remain within the designated payloads. From my experience, most of the vehicles with leaf springs run softer with some load. In fact, Coil springs or even with Air Suspension on SUV's, I have found these to have a better ride when loaded say with3- 4 people & some luggage over say just the driver or 2 people. This is valid on the vehicles where there are no active dampers. So as an example, on a smooth road, I will have better comfort in Normal or Comfort mode on LC or an X5 but on a wavy or irregular surface, you will feel better in a Sports mode as it stiffens the damping.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th April 2020 at 15:22.
Turbanator is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed