Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 14:48   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
I seriously don't know why Ford is not launching the Ranger, Toyota is not launching the Hilux and Tata is not launching the updated Xenon (with Land Rover Mechanicals) to give the V-Cross a run for its money.
Because the market isn't that big for pickup trucks in India yet. While direct import will make the vehicle expensive, ROI is not good if they plan to build locally. I am wondering how long will Isuzu survive with just D-Max.
Old 29th September 2017, 23:10   #287
BHPian

I'm a longtime Innova owner (2006 and cucurrently own 2011), I'm very happy with the reliability, comfort and ease of driving.
However, I'm contemplating on making a switch to V-Cross for my needs. I have a horse and I love riding him outside the city. I also carry bikes on my Innova using bike carrier but its a pain to mount them and dive in traffic with them.
V-Cross will surely help with bikes on the bed but wondering if its practical/possible to load and fit a medium size horse(350 kg) using a make shift ramp.
Also, I know it's a long shot but did any one here switch from Innova to V-Cross? How big of a compromise is it for driver and passengers over an Innova?

Thank you.
Old 30th September 2017, 00:31   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by live360 View Post
V-Cross will surely help with bikes on the bed but wondering if its practical/possible to load and fit a medium size horse(350 kg) using a make shift ramp.
The load bed on the v-cross may be too short in length. I think it could fit a pony, but not a horse.

You may have to think about keeping the rear bed door open if you want anything longer in length.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 16:08   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I am wondering how long will Isuzu survive with just D-Max.
I think its more about getting people to see how useful pickups can be, not restricted to rural region alone, and create the necessity for consumers. Isuzu is known for their longevity (both engine and body).

Personally, I believe pickups can contribute to the environment coz real enthusiasts would put it up in the market in 3 or 5 years.

Here's a link for your wondering:
http://www.autocarpro.in/features/is...ck-market-3178
Boomerang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 16:17   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.....wondering if its practical/possible to load and fit a medium size horse(350 kg) using a make shift ramp.
How do you take the horse out now? transporting a horse on a pick up bed, however long it be, may be unwise. Kindly get yourself a horse trailer and tow it around. that would be the most sensible option in my opinion.
14000rpm is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 19:16   #291
CDM
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I know it's a long shot but did any one here switch from Innova to V-Cross? How big of a compromise is it for driver and passengers over an Innova?
In one word, HUGE. But you should feel at home, since you ride a horse

Jokes apart, the front seats are great for comfort. I have a slipped disc in my back but was able to do 8 hour drives in the V-Cross without any problems.

However, the rear seats are a different story. They are lower than those of the Innova, not angled as well and toss the the passenger up, if there is only one passenger. The ride gets much better if there are 5 people in the car or if the boot is loaded.

The V-Cross is no replacement for the Innova (nothing is ) but is great for off-roading and as a third car.

CDM
CDM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 23:48   #292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know it's a long shot but did any one here switch from Innova to V-Cross? How big of a compromise is it for driver and passengers over an Innova?
I used to have both before I sold V Cross, as pointed by CDM, V Cross can be a good second or third car but it is possible to have it as a primary drive if you are alone or an adventurous couple Maybe with small kids but if you regularly haul 3 or 4 Adults then it will be a problem for rear benchers. You are going to enjoy the high driving position and may not even like driving Innova again.

If funds are not a major issue, perhaps you can buy a V Cross and use it for a while before deciding to sell Innova, good condition Innovas are difficult to find and new are too expensive.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd October 2017 at 23:49.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:13   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
How do you take the horse out now? transporting a horse on a pick up bed, however long it be, may be unwise. Kindly get yourself a horse trailer and tow it around. that would be the most sensible option in my opinion.
Thanks for the post and trust me, trying to procure a trailer is what I had in mind for long time and exhausted that idea for almost two years. Been told its illegal in India to haul around a trailer. That's when I started to check out pickups and v-cross. If I end up getting a v-cross, I'd definitely put a different flat bed liner, custom made rails/shell all around and a portable ramp as well.
I used to ride far away from city where the horse was stabled and we both enjoyed it. At the moment he is stabled in the middle of city but I'm lucky to have about 50 acres of open land where I ride mostly but it gets old fast, I like to go to different places and explore.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
In one word, HUGE. But you should feel at home, since you ride a horse

CDM
LOL, that's a good one.
You are right, there is no true replacement for Innova, may be Hexa but not sure as I haven't driven one. I can't have V-Cross as an additional vehicle though, if I go for one, it has to replace Innova.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I used to have both before I sold V Cross, as pointed by CDM, V Cross can be a good second or third car..

If funds are not a major issue, perhaps you can buy a V Cross and use it for a while before deciding to sell Innova, good condition Innovas are difficult to find and new are too expensive.
Thanks for the post. I like your advice of keeping Innova for a while to make sure vcross suits our needs.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your primary reasons for buying and selling it?

Last edited by bblost : 3rd October 2017 at 00:42. Reason: back to back
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:25   #294

My 2 cents, not sure if it makes sense but no problem hearing this out -

Bumpiness results from stiffer rear suspension which is leaf spring in v cross. Can the stiffness be not reduced by removing one of the leafs, maybe the stiffest one I.e. the shortest one? So long as the vehicle is not loaded (same v cross has 1 ton carrying capacity - not hauling - outside India) I remember reading a post about bolero on team bhp in which the owner had actually done this to reduce bumpiness.

Thanks for reading and sorry if the idea is too absurd.
Old 3rd October 2017, 00:37   #295
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
what were your primary reasons for buying and selling it?
I bought the new Endeavour, was not very comfortable with the manual and felt little underpowered, but there are some remaps. Will definitely buy one as soon as they launch 3.0 Ltr Auto which I think should happen sometime next Year. I am 99 % sure they would have done more numbers with an Auto 3,0 Ltr new model V Cross then they are doing with new MUX but like all other Japanese companies ISUZU works very slow, they have not yet changed interiors to black in 2 Years

OT - Please muti quote instead of multiple posts

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd October 2017 at 00:38.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:02   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post
I think its more about getting people to see how useful pickups can be, not restricted to rural region alone, and create the necessity for consumers. Isuzu is known for their longevity (both engine and body).

Personally, I believe pickups can contribute to the environment coz real enthusiasts would put it up in the market in 3 or 5 years.

Here's a link for your wondering:
http://www.autocarpro.in/features/is...ck-market-3178
I am a big fan of posh pickup and would like to own a Ranger/Hilux the day they are launched. I am seriously considering V-Cross to replace my 10 year Innova but I feel the market is not ready to accept it yet.
Well may be sometime in future but for now I don't see a market for posh pick-up in India. Isuzu can say a thousand things, but almost 2 year and sales number don't seem to support what they say. Also I don't know what's hindering them from opening showrooms, they have just one outlet for entire Karnataka.
Old 3rd October 2017, 14:18   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Also I don't know what's hindering them from opening showrooms, they have just one outlet for entire Karnataka.
Well I am sure no one is interested in taking up Isuzu dealerships, and IMO thats the reason why no new Isuzu showrooms are coming up. Who would want to invest in an Isuzu dealership, when the product line up is so limited in appeal. MUX was one product which could have revived Isuzu's fortunes in India, but they seriously messed up the opportunity by launching an outdated model even by their own standards, and definetely far behind what the competition is offering.
Old 3rd October 2017, 21:57   #298
BHPian

Quote:
I am seriously considering V-Cross to replace my 10 year Innova but I feel the market is not ready to accept it yet.
Well may be sometime in future but for now I don't see a market for posh pick-up in India. Isuzu can say a thousand things, but almost 2 year and sales number don't seem to support what they say. Also I don't know what's hindering them from opening showrooms, they have just one outlet for entire Karnataka.
Well, its the VCross owners and potential ones who set the future Like most owners would say, you will buy one if you love one; and when you're in love, you don't worry about its future
Old 8th October 2017, 14:22   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_pm View Post
Can the stiffness be not reduced by removing one of the leafs, maybe the stiffest one I.e. the shortest one? So long as the vehicle is not loaded (same v cross has 1 ton carrying capacity - not hauling - outside India)
Not a very good idea unless and until one is absolutely sure what is being done. Changing from the factory set up for betterment is good and advisable to a certain extent but this one might 've some adverse consequences even in semi-off-road situation. The V-cross as a package does have few shortcomings as fundamental to a pick up truck and it is better to take the plunge after making sure one is ready to live with the same.
Old 11th October 2017, 20:13   #300
Team-BHP Support

One of our friends took his new Isuzu V-Cross for a bit of off-roading in a mud pit. The V-cross was impressive.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-vcross-sumitro-5.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-vcross-sumitro-6.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-vcross-sumitro-1.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-vcross-sumitro-2.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-vcross-sumitro-3.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-vcross-sumitro-4.jpg

It was able to come out of the pit on the first day -

But after multiple attempts by several other vehicles including my Thar and PapaBravo's Duster, the ground in that mud pit got so bad that none of the vehicles, except a MM550 with 33" MT Tyres, could come out of the pit on the second day.

BlackPearl is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks