Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2017, 12:09   #136
KMT
BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Wow, good indication that they are as tough as they look.
Kudos to Isuzu.
Old 12th March 2017, 22:07   #137
Team-BHP Support

Finally drove the beast, infact after the Endy I really did not find the size very intimidating. Yes the reverse camera that was there in the test drive car was very useful. The car has quiet a clatter at cold, which became more bearable after it warmed up. Second it felt quiet underpowered for my taste. Well I drive a remapped Thar so expectations are little biased I guess.

So that brings me to the question, has any of the folks in here done a remap for the beast? Any feedbacks on the same?
Old 13th March 2017, 16:42   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
So that brings me to the question, has any of the folks in here done a remap for the beast? Any feedbacks on the same?
Jaggu,

As per info what I have Pete's have done remapping of over 150 VCross vehicles already.

Our mutual friend and TBHPian - JeepCaptain - should be able to connect you with people who have done this already.

Best Regards & Drive Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 18:03   #139
BHPian

Quote:

Have mine Pete'd. It is a different beast altogether. The drive-ability has improved vastly and the highway manners are much better. I see a minor improvement of FE too, but that is probably imaginary though.
I even look forward to driving in the city traffic now.
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 18:07   #140
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Have mine Pete'd.
====
I even look forward to driving in the city traffic now.
That's great! any idea how much is the quoted gain by this remap? and did they open the ECU or can this be flashed over OBD? If you don't mind, the cost also please.
Old 13th March 2017, 18:20   #141
BHPian

Quote:
That's great! any idea how much is the quoted gain by this remap? and did they open the ECU or can this be flashed over OBD? If you don't mind, the cost also please.
After the remap, the power is supposed to be 165 BHP. So a gain of nearly 30 BHP. It is flashed over OBD, nothing opened and takes a couple of hours to complete. The standard rate is about 19000 but I got a seasonal discount of about 5K.
patron is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th March 2017, 19:59   #142
BHPian

The current Dmax is being replaced by a new model worldwide..Any idea if this is going to be the case here too?
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu_dmax_vcross_l_1.jpg  

car love is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2017, 14:02   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
The current Dmax is being replaced by a new model worldwide..Any idea if this is going to be the case here too?
Nothing in near future. Number is very low to consider any change or upgrade at this point.
Rudra Sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2017, 13:55   #144
BHPian

I've worked with Isuzu back in Kenya and the one thing I can vouch for is the build quality of their cars. They are virtually indestructible; maybe not entirely comfortable or luxurious with features but they can probably can drive through walls and pull out trees!
qr20de is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 07:03   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Nothing in near future. Number is very low to consider any change or upgrade at this point.
Then again, these are CKD vehicles, so eventually they will have to fall in-line with global models, once the current stocks of kits are exhausted. It may not make financial sense to try to make older kits just for out market, given the low volumes.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 21:45   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Then again, these are CKD vehicles, so eventually they will have to fall in-line with global models, once the current stocks of kits are exhausted. It may not make financial sense to try to make older kits just for out market, given the low volumes.
Financial sense in what sense?

Do you think Isuzu is all there in the market with any sort of aggressive pushing despite having an interesting product?

I think not.

Their marketing budget is extremely low for whatever reason. Just by having some events here and there is not enough to make your presence felt. These kind of events can only be just add on and nothing more.

Just imagine, they're coming up with MU-X to compete with two proper and extremely well established players in this market. We all know pricing and support will be the key to make some sort of dent, at least.. not to mention their minuscule support facilities across the country.

Isuzu V Cross is an impractical vehicle for a bunch of people who think differently. But let's keep it mind that it is less than 1% of this country's consumer base.
Going by this, Isuzu has a logic for not spending as what they should for marketing.

But is that a right way to build brand and take it forward? I think not.. again.

Sorry, this may look like an extremely negative reply but trust me, this is where the isuzu brand is today.

Don't just look at the car. A brand is bigger than its individual product.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st March 2017 at 23:50.
Rudra Sen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 12:40   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
Financial sense in what sense?
=======
Don't just look at the car. A brand is bigger than its individual product.
Just to differ a bit from this...I think just hardcore marketing will not make a brand. If the product is awesome people will come looking for it, marketing or no marketing. Case in point is Skoda, a brand very few Indians had heard about when they arrived in India but very quickly won over the hearts of people because their product was fantastic. A reverse case of this could be the Tata Aria. They tried every possible marketing technique but the product was a dud and the market shunned it.
IMO Isuzu knows that their current products have very little mass market appeal so they are taking it easy. When they do come up with a giant killer, i guess their product itself will do all the talking...

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th March 2017 at 16:12. Reason: Please avoid Quoting large posts for short replies. Thanks.
car love is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 14:33   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car love View Post
A reverse case of this could be the Tata Aria. They tried every possible marketing technique but the product was a dud and the market shunned it.
What exactly did Tata do to promote Aria? Launch at higher price than expected by the market?
If you mean Hexa, I do understand the Ads are far better and they do appear on TV. But isn't it too early to call Hexa a dud?

Coming back to Isuzu, the amount of interest I see for the vehicle is actually disproportionate to the amount of marketing effort by them IMHO.
Old 27th March 2017, 15:33   #149
Senior - BHPian

Coming back to the V-cross, I keep getting calls every 2 months from some one in Isuzu with the same question (and my answer is also the same).
V-Cross CRM: "Sir, now that you have seen the V-Cross, do you have any feedback? How is the vehicle?"
My Answer: "Other than some one calling me every 2 months to check whether I like the vehicle, I have no info about the V-Cross. I requested for a test drive, but nobody has responded yet. Could you please check this before calling me again next time?"
V-Cross CRM: "Ok sir let me check and get back to you"

This keeps repeating every 2 months, How to unsubscribe from this call?

Last edited by jinojohnt : 27th March 2017 at 15:36.
jinojohnt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 15:49   #150
BHPian

Isuzu D-Max S-Cab versus V-Cross

I have been considering S-Cab or the V-Cross, after visiting a couple of showrooms could not get clarity, would like some inputs on the following points;

1. What is the full form of D-max, S-Cab and V-Cross if any. Does D-Max stand for Diesel Maximum, etc?

2. What are the exact differences between S-Cab and V-Cross. Some I have noted below, if any that are extra kindly add on.
a. 4WD for V-Cross.
b. Wheel size.
c. Suspension
d. Interiors
e. Extended fenders for V-Cross.
f. Logic behind Isuzu de-tuning the engine of D-max to lesser specs.
g. Does the D-Max has a Turbo charger
h. Difference in suspension set up of over the chassis or under the chassis.
i. Alloys for V-Cross
j. ABS for V-Cross
k. ESP for V-Cross
l. BA for V-Cross
m. Auto AC for V-Cross
n. Bumper for V-Cross
Please elaborate on the above.

3. Does the lack of a LSD on a V-Cross 4*4 setup have any noticeable dis advantage of the practical real world usage.

a.What are the known states that allow registration of S-Cab as a private vehicle.
b. From my knowledge Maharashtra, Punjab, Haryana allow as a private registration. So does Chandigarh and NCR area under Haryana like Gurugram and Faridabad fall under this category to register a S-Cab.
c. What is the allowed payload in the deck that is allowed legally if registered as a private vehicle?

a. What are the options on V-Cross of a ICE head unit that are compatible with the steering controls. Any extra options with navigation. Kindly mention brands with price.
b. Also will these head units integrate the addition of a rear camera.

6. Cost of Foot Mats he dealers provide. Other Options available outside Pictures would be appreciated.
raja_ys is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks