Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2017, 09:40   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Looks awesome , suites the v cross more than the Fortuner ( my humble opinion). Are the wheel specs of both the fortuner and vcross identical?
Rakesh,
The wheel specs are identical. Just plug and play.
Only small glitch is that the hub caps won't fit the front wheels because hub nut dimension difference. But, that's hardly noticeable in a car of this size.
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:07   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtwinks View Post
Hi Can you please share the location where you have mounted the reverse camera. I have a 170 dgree view camera, and have mounted just above the rear numbee plate, but find it a bit low...
Above the number plate (centered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Congratulations and a very nice color indeed.

Is it possible to share the prices of the accessories and on road price you paid? Would be useful for prospective buyers.
DBOX - Rs. 1,70,000 includes painting
Bedliner for DBOX - Rs. 21,000
Side step - 21, 500
OTR-Pre GST - Rs. 16,07,468
Total Onroad - Rs. 18,19, 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Congratulations Boomergang : Nice set of accessories you have got.

How much did the D-BOX cost ?
Thank you. DBox priced mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids4x4mm550 View Post
Congrats awesome color What was the OTR price after GST ?
Minus Rs. 80, 000 from Pre GST OTR (Kerala)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
1. Image : How do people view these vehicles? Especially these irritating security guards ( some are nice people,most are PITA). I wouldn't want to be treated like a commercial truck owner.

I wouldn't term Security guards in this situation to be irritating but lack of Knowledge. I haven't faced an issue on Toll booths. Probably the local ones (non electronic ones).

What about the cops ? Hope there is no confusion or pretending to be confused for extorting money.

None as of now.

2. Do you people pay the rates as cars in toll booths ? Have there been any confusion?

Yes / None as of now.

3. Do these vehicles actually fit in mall parking lots ?

No. This is will be a concern in most places. V-Cross is 17 plus feet!
Boomerang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2017, 11:19   #273
BHPian

A few teasers from the 2nd weekend drive with Isuzu and JMD Mumbai.

I am compiling a detailed photo-log which will be updated in the 4x4 section.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_8784.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_8853.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_8887.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_8898.jpg  

tazmaan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 20:57   #274
BHPian

Just returned yesterday from a Goa drive in my V-Cross, over the Independence weekend. 1400 kms round trip.

Fantastic experience, the feeling of having a literal truckload of space felt great! Wife very happy not to be 'restrained' by boot considerations hahaha. The Carryboy roller lid was handy, although the lock is fidgety (3 failures in 2 months) and doesn't instil confidence at all. Maybe just the piece I got, but still...

While the car handled like a dream, I did feel she's more suited to the classic Indian state highways, and got quite bored driving on the NH4 (4 lane GQ route). Speed is no issue, got to 140+ in several stretches but it's not the smartest thing to do, in a 2 ton truck with the wind resistance of a charging Rhinoceros.
A steady 120-130 is very achievable and feels smooth. Missed having cruise control.

The Uttur to Amboli stretch was liberating... with the high GC and leaf spring rear, the car just kept pushing me to go go go. All my previous rides (Cruze, Figo, Swift, Palio) would have been broken taking some of these stretches at 40, let alone 60kph as i did this trip.
Kids slept like - well, babies - while I surged through the potholes.

In Goa, we could go anywhere. Access to even the most inaccessible shack or unusable beach parking spot was a goldmine for us during the busy long weekend. Gotta plan for that turning radius though!

The tailgate was super handy when enjoying views beachside, and also when changing the kids post their castleing in the sand LOL.

Returned via Margaon - Mollem - Bhimgad - Belgaum - Kolhapur - Mumbai. Left at 4am so got the pleasure of experiencing Bhimgad sanctuary at 6am as the fauna awoke. No sightings but loved the jungle sounds as we sipped through the park. Touched the GQ at 7.20 am and caught breakfast at Kaveri for once.

Mileage from the trip was a decent 11.2 as per the display - I haven't adjusted for my 17 inch rims. Need to fit a larger tank though. Got spoilt rotten by the Cruze's incredible range.

All in all, a highly recommended family experience. This car is a hot seller in most markets for this reason. In India the showboat status rules the roost, but I can strongly advise a family buyer to at least check out this option if you're in the market for a new SUV.

However, be warned there's nothing semi about this UV. You WILL go offroad in this. And know that there's no cure for that disease!
VivOverland is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 15:01   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivOverland View Post

All in all, a highly recommended family experience. This car is a hot seller in most markets for this reason. In India the showboat status rules the roost, but I can strongly advise a family buyer to at least check out this option if you're in the market for a new SUV.

However, be warned there's nothing semi about this UV. You WILL go offroad in this. And know that there's no cure for that disease!

So true, If you make people sit inside blind folded the perception of this Truck will change a lot. But most of the people do not go beyond what they see. I use the truck for my office commute, weekend drives, off-roading and family vacations. Kids bicycle and pram always travel with us since we have extra space in the trunk.

I have a Jazz AT which I bought for school duty and now its does only that.
Old 17th August 2017, 16:21   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
So true, If you make people sit inside blind folded the perception of this Truck will change a lot. But most of the people do not go beyond what they see. I use the truck for my office commute, weekend drives, off-roading and family vacations. Kids bicycle and pram always travel with us since we have extra space in the trunk.

I have a Jazz AT which I bought for school duty and now its does only that.
IDK why so many people gripe about the length and width, as if school buses never make it into narrow lanes all over the country!

Yes it is a long vehicle, but if the comparison is only with a hatchback - obviously one needs to adjust the reference point.

Been using it for the same drive cycle as you. Switched over from a Cruze, and after 1 week adjusting for length, my judgement is sorted.

I do back up more carefully now, because my countrymen are attracted to reverse indicators
VivOverland is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 21:35   #277
BHPian

Got a chance to have look at this beast in UK earlier this month.
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5098.jpg

35 inch tyres look massive.
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5097.jpg

This is a true beast.
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5083.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5086.jpg

UK spec D Max V Cross has 2.5L diesel mated to a 6 speed AT, love the all black interiors and black control switches on the steering wheel over my MU X here in india. I would like isuzu to launch this model in india and see how this model will expand the reach of v cross massively.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5090.jpg

Wish isuzu launches this model in india, but isuzu motors approach to indian market is unacceptable and very slow.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5087.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_5094.jpg  

drbones is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 22:42   #278
BHPian

Went to Bhutan earlier this month in the vcross. Drove from Gurgaon and was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the roads. I mean 95% of the roads were minimum 4 laned and a pleasure to drive on. The Agra - Lucknow expressway was superb and brought down the travel time considerably. We managed to reach Kushinagar on day one in 9.5 hrs flat, that's about 880 kms.

Vehicle behaved brilliantly, however it is unnerving once you depart Lucknow and know that the next nearest service center is Kolkata.
Old 31st August 2017, 23:16   #279
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The beast looks menacing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbones View Post

35 inch tyres look massive.
Attachment 1669705
Those are 17 inch tyres!!
Old 4th September 2017, 09:40   #280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaism View Post
Vehicle behaved brilliantly, however it is unnerving once you depart Lucknow and know that the next nearest service center is Kolkata.
Yes, now that the confidence on the vehicle is more or less established, it is high time Isuzu steps up the effort to expand the service network in a strategic way. Except Kolkata, there is no other service center in the entire north-east zone as well!
Old 5th September 2017, 11:36   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Yes, now that the confidence on the vehicle is more or less established, it is high time Isuzu steps up the effort to expand the service network in a strategic way. Except Kolkata, there is no other service center in the entire north-east zone as well!
I think Siliguri and Guwahati in East and Manali in North should be a bare minimum because those are strategic entry points for journeys undertaken by many enthusiasts.

Sharing a few pictures from my Bhutan trip

The last photo is while crossing Bihar and the flood situation had worsened, water on both sides of the road.
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3172.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3090.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3079.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3058.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_2994.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3064.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_3147.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-img_2964.jpg  

Hondaism is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 01:51   #282
BHPian

Azad group have come up with various products for V-Cross after Mahindra Thar. The latest and most interesting one is the Tourismo canopy which can also be converted into a comfortable bed. Looks decent in pictures and if durable and of good quality, then it is a good option for touring folks.

Link

X Series Fibre glass Canopy : With De-fogger at rear glass, Side fixed tinted glasses (Optional - sliding glasses), Fine fabric Roof lining with mood lights, Blinds, Charging points, Glass holders, Rear Spoiler and Brake lights.

AC Kit : AC Blower with separate switch connected with the main compressor.

Interior Works : Low seating cum bed arrangement with Back support for your Journey in relaxation.

Android TV Connected with the main system, USB port, Bluetooth / Wifi compatible with additional speakers for rear cabin.

Portable Stove with mini re-usable compact cylinder mounted at rear deck.

Mini Fridge : 12v / 12 ltr

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-16.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-12.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-3.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-4.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-9.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-8.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-tourismo-7.jpg

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-canopy-interiors2.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 9th September 2017 at 01:55.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 10:59   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
I have a serious question..who exactly is the target audience for a 4x4 pickup in India, given that there are regular 4x4/AWD SUVs already for offroad enthusiasts? What do you do with the acre of truck bed space unless you're in the business of hauling cargo (which means you'll probably require a commercial vehicle license)?
It's not like you're going to tow your boat to the lake for fishing, or a RV trailer for camping, or carry a deer after hunting it in the forest, as in the US where these activities are popular.
Even if you're an infrequent offroader, don't the Thar/Fortuner/XUV etc. fulfill that role better, with some of them having extra passenger space as well?
Hi Detritus. I hope some of my threads will help answer your very important questions. Better late than never, eh
Old 23rd September 2017, 12:20   #284
GTO
Team-BHP Support

New 'Ruby Red' colour introduced, in addition to the existing ones – Orchid Brown, Cosmic Black, Titanium Silver, Obsidian Grey and Splash White.

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-isuzu-dmax-vcross_ruby-red.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2017, 15:05   #285
Senior - BHPian

I must say all other manufacturers have been caught napping with the launch of the V-Cross and even after that they are still fast asleep. Kudos to Isuzu for identifying and effectively tapping this market. True the vehicle has its shortcomings like short service intervals, issues with brake pads etc and a wafer thin dealer network. But still so many people have ignored these issues and are buying this vehicle. I recently dropped in to the Tata dealer to inquire about the Xenon 3.0 L. The SA said that now it's only available in 4x2 and needs yellow plates. So I asked about the 2.2L. That too needed Yellow Plates and costs upwards of 14 L. Now both the 2.2 L and 3.0 L Xenons could earlier be registered with White Plates. In fact the SA himself said that the V-Cross was the better option. The Scorpio Getaway is no match for these vehicles. I seriously don't know why Ford is not launching the Ranger, Toyota is not launching the Hilux and Tata is not launching the updated Xenon (with Land Rover Mechanicals) to give the V-Cross a run for its money.

Most Viewed