Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2016, 09:26   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Dalai Lama may show up at your house and try to sell you a new or pre-owned yak.
wow! you made my day, You write very good sir, perhaps should join the trio at Amazon prime, you can be a very good script writer for their new show

Last edited by Turbanator : 19th November 2016 at 09:33.
Old 23rd November 2016, 19:16   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

http://www.motoroids.com/news/andhra...r-vehicle-tax/

Andhra Pradesh government exempts ISUZU vehicles from Motor Vehicle Tax

This exemption is available only for ISUZU vehicles purchased in Andhra Pradesh from November 18, 2016 till March 31, 2021. 14% savings amounting to ~ INR 1.8 lakhs straight away!

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd November 2016 at 19:17. Reason: Clarify
itwasntme is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th November 2016, 08:25   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone who can share dimensions of the deck with boot lid in open position?

Deck dimensions are mentioned in specifications but if boot lid is kept open / hanging what is max length that can be carried?
Old 30th November 2016, 13:04   #94
BHPian

Some Pics from my Round trip of Mumbai - Kanha - Mumbai
Attached Thumbnails
Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-thumb_img_2578_1024.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-thumb_img_2584_1024.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-thumb_img_2694_1024.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-thumb_img_2695_1024.jpg  

Isuzu D-Max V-Cross : Official Review-thumb_img_2696_1024.jpg  

Last edited by tazmaan : 30th November 2016 at 13:09.
tazmaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 15:47   #95
Team-BHP Support

Guys I have decided to sell mine. Please forward link to your contacts in case someone is shopping in this segment.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/54062/

Quote:
Any particular issue with the car because of which you are selling the car?
Booked Black Titanium Endeavour. Nothing wrong with the truck, just that it des not serve my purpose of traveling to remote places for my work and I don't get time to use it for personal excursions sadly.
Quote:
already invested more than 2 lacs on accessories
No, much more - must be over 5 lac will lose a lot but cars are always a depreciating asset, better get rid off, in case these no longer serve the purpose.

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th November 2016 at 16:15.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 15:58   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow Turbanator that is very soon - you have just covered 2000 km and also already invested more than 2 lacs on accessories. What is the reason that you find the Dmax unsuitable so soon. If you could outline your reasons, it will really benefit others like me who are still considering it..!
Old 30th November 2016, 16:06   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys I have decided to sell mine. Please forward link to your contacts in case someone is shopping in this segment.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...or-sale/54062/
I saw your Adv in classifieds. Any particular issue with the car because of which you are selling the car?
Old 20th December 2016, 11:22   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Isuzu Motors India has announced that it will be hiking the prices of the D-Max V-Cross by 3-4% from January 1st, 2017. (link)
Old 21st December 2016, 02:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Guys I have decided to sell mine.
You were one of the main folks keeping this thread alive, but you do have a point. Congrats on the Endy and do let us know if in your short ownership experience the pros and cons of this vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Isuzu Motors India has announced that it will be hiking the prices of the D-Max V-Cross by 3-4% from January 1st, 2017. (link)
I am kinda shocked! How much are these guys even selling to hike the price? Will customers still line up?

I just hope the only pickup game in town doesnt die a slow death.

Maddy
Old 21st December 2016, 11:05   #100
BHPian

Had earlier driven the V-Cross on the road and liked looks,the drive comfort and interior features. Interior is fairly insulated from noise and vehicle is pretty stable at speeds and corners. Felt the pickup response was a bit muted and steering felt a bit heavy at lower speeds. At higher speeds it was just perfect.

Had a chance to drive the V-Cross off-road in an event organized by the Terratigers(4x4 off-road group) and Kun Isuzu(dealer) at a spot in Sholinganallur,Chennai on December 18th. (Similar events were organized at four other places across the country is what were were told). Photos and videos of these are on their official Facebook page here.

We were given a briefing of what to do and not do and given the keys to the V-Cross. There was a Marshall from the Terratiger group in the vehicle to guide us and there were spotters at all point of the course to guide us through them. We started off in 4-Low and mostly were in 1st or 2nd gear. The off road course was designed with the long wheelbase in mind and involved a bit of water wading at a couple of spots (up-to front grille) along the side of a lake, slush tracks, gravel climbs and steep drops and articulation pits. Cabin noise with windows up was very minimal.

As long as one followed the directions of the Marshall and the spotter the V-Cross managed all these without any fuss and didn't get stuck anywhere. Power was more than adequate for the vehicle with a load of 2 guys, 1 lady and child. Guys who got stuck and scraped the vehicle were taking turns too wide and not slowing down enough/following instructions carefully.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself driving it and feel it provides a very decent mix of comfort and off-road capabilities. Personally I wish it was a bit shorter but that is just me that is used to shorter cars. While driving it you really do not feel the length and it drives as smoothly as a car. My wife and son(both first timers off-road) sitting in the rear seats totally enjoyed the off-road-ride and remarked about the comfort of the vehicle and its stability - never once did they feel unsafe.

A V-Cross with a bull bar in front scraped its bull bar on a steep drop while others scraped the underside on some gravel spots. One has to always keep in mind the long wheelbase could get you stuck on some mounds and also the long rear overhang also could cause some issues when off-road.

If all you need is a comfortable vehicle to take you across the country with a huge load of luggage for 4 in comfort then this is perfect. It will be a pain to park in crowded city roadside stops due to its length but on the open road and for the offroading required for 90% of all folks to visit a local farm or resort via mud/slushy roads/rocky paths it is just perfect.

Now if I could convince someone to pay for a V-Cross and just give it to me to drive (all in the interest of science) and for me to keep adding such updates that would be even better than perfect.
sjcherian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 16:17   #101

Isuzu 4X4- D-Max V-Cross?

I have never done any off-roading. I have been using a Honda City, and getting frustrated everytime a speed breaker makes that noise in the underside of a low ground clearance car. I really want a car that can go places, even if it means some mountain trails, but the family also needs a fair bit of modern comforts.

Isuzu's D-max V-Cross has come highly recommended and I have read the detailed faboulous review by Aditya.
However, my question is this- my budget is 18L on road (Bangalore).

My requirement is this- Need comfortable seating for 5, super good ground clearance and preferably decent approach, ramp and departure angles. Need a decent (say 450L-500L) of storage space.

The D-max's 2.5L engine with 320Nm torque is enticing, but the clatter (if any) is not. I am not very keen on the cargo bed, but Isuzu's road presence is amazing!! I might have to have a D-box, but the dealer is quoting 1.9L for it!

I test drove the duster AWD, but 1.5L engine was just that and yeah, I would prefer a 4L too, for some places I like to go.
I guess I am not left with much options other than the D-Max V-Cross, but I am checking if anyone knows better. Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd December 2016 at 12:59. Reason: Adding paragraph spaces to aid readability.
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:11   #102
BHPian

Re: Isuzu 4X4- D-Max V-Cross?

You can also consider the Safari Storme 4X4 which comes with 4L too. I am not updated with the latest pricing for the VX 4X4, I think it comes around your budget range.
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:24   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananth_blr View Post
I guess I am not left with much options other than the D-Max V-Cross
As a project car, nothing else comes even close in that budget. BUT, and like you can see, this is but mentioned in capitals, Isuzu is hopeless in its stock form. Yes you do get a proper 4L in this, but the wheelbase is super-long and the ramp breakover angle is pathetic to say the least. You get stuck on very innocent looking bumps during off-road. And let's not even talk about departure angle, one of the poorest!

For more info, head to here here and here

Having said that, the advantage of Isuzu in that price bracket is that this is a properly put together vehicle, a very tough work-horse which will enjoy equally good reliability comparable to a Toyota, will last equally long and once you start with modifications, will become very capable.

The list of mods that I would suggest...
  • Bigger Tires
  • 2" Lift with better suspension
  • ARB Air Locker in rear Diff
  • A Bullbar or off-road bumper
  • Rock Sliders

Get all these things done and you will be looking at a vehicle that will be extremely capable on & off-road and will probably outlast you if well taken care of!

EDIT: Another limitation I forgot to mention. Despite 4L in this, we felt the crawl in First Gear Low Range was too fast! Longer gear ratios to blame here!

Last edited by Ace F355 : 22nd December 2016 at 17:30.
Ace F355 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 17:31   #104
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but the family also needs a fair bit of modern comforts.
Quote:
Need comfortable seating for 5
V Cross can be your second or third car, not something primarily you can drive every day. Of course, there are many people who use this as a daily drive but if your priorities are a comfortable 4x4 for a family of 4/5 look elsewhere. Road presence is good for a certain age group, but it does not serve any practical purpose. If you can increase budget, check for new Endeavour if not do try GX - Auto Innova crysta. Though it's not an SUV but will take you to most of the places. For occasional 4x4 runs, you can always hire something. We have got a nice track in NCR, I am sure something will come up soon at your place.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 18:03   #105
Team-BHP Support

I'm a big fan of the D cross but from what you've described, I wouldn't recommend it for your requirements.

My recommendation:

Just querying again whether you REALLY need a 4x4. You fundamentally have an issue with speed breakers and then are proceeding to consider a "go anywhere" vehicle.

If you rethink your 4x4 requirement: you could consider Creta A/T or M/T. Sophisticated product with good ground clearance, seats 5 and decent boot space.

If you're sure you really want the 4x4, I'd suggest you consider marginally upping the budget and picking the Hexa 4x4. If you must move around with Isuzu type of real estate, the Hexa (smaller of course) will at least ensure that the entire length of the car is useful to use unlike the Isuzu that'll give you an open boot at the back which you don't really require.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks