Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2017, 12:28   #1531
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Are you aware that Concorde Motors is no smaller dealership and actually is a company fully owned by Tata Group.

To your suggestion that we should change the dealership and run from one to other all I can say that is this how a customer buying your most premium product should be treated and your answer seems suggesting it as yes.

The TD experiences clearly prove that TATA is having a Sarkaari department type setup with absolutely ZERO accountability, co-ordination among units, politics, etc. else how can analyse and justify such behaviour.

The Ad posted few posts back is really one of the best ever we have ever seen but the showroom experience is just opposite, while I clearly remember the feeling I had when M&M came with atrocious ads for XUV5OO that whether the XUV5OO actually needs ads at all with very long waiting list so much so that they have to put a lottery.

Even if someone is willing to ignore the dealership and chooses to live with the excellent product, then why this charade of TDs, showroom visits, etc. Tata is even not allowing the 'luxury' of request to be placed online and get a TD or booking done from home by not calling back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
To those of you having troubles with deliveries, TDs or anything related, try changing your dealers.

Initially while checking out the hexa, i had been to concorde motors near Hosur road, Bangalore.
Had been with my friends and the SA was outright rude and seemed disinterested.

Last edited by carwatcher : 5th March 2017 at 12:30.
carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 21:02   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I used to have a soft corner for these guys, since they are an Indian company, but after today's experience, I am not touching a TaMo product for all my life, even if its made of gold, and they are giving it for free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Truly sucks. Tata needs to have stricter control over its dealers.

That said, a bad pre-sales experience has never stopped me from buying a car from any brand. After all, I have to live with the car for 7 - 10 years, not the salesman . Why should I let one insignificant moron deprive me of owning a car that I really like?

If I really like a car and am getting it at a fair price, the pre-sales attitude doesn't influence my purchasing decision. What's more important is the after-sales.
Tafe Access in Coimbatore will probably take the cake for one of the worst attitudes. Never stopped me from buying the Sierra, Sumo, Indica, Nano and Vista from them and getting it serviced at Autozone.

I was a bit worried about my next purchase (whenever that happens) as Autozone was taken over by another dealer (I generally trust dealers less) as I wouldn't be able to get the new car serviced under warranty without going to either. My Vista has a FNG that does a decent job. Recently came to know that the dealer at Cuddalore and Pondicherry is my friend's friend. So I will be moving even my purchases there. Never stops me from buying Tata, unless I don't find value in it.
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 21:05   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
I live in Gulbarga in Karnataka which is a sub-urban city. I think the success of hexa would be detrimental because of this lethargic and lazy attitude of its dealers.
That sadly is the fate of Tier2/3 city residents like us. Here in Udupi, more than a month after the launch and 3-4 months after the bookings were open, there still isnt a display car available, let alone a TD car.
All that happened on registering on the hexa app was a call from the call centre and a promise to arrange a TD. The dealer called after a few days asking, whether I needed a quotation.
As a contrast, Honda had one copy of all variants of the new Honda city available in Udupi on launch day.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 5th March 2017 at 21:27.
Deep Blue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 21:15   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
After all, I have to live with the car for 7 - 10 years, not the salesman . Why should I let one insignificant moron deprive me of owning a car that I really like?

What's more important is the after-sales.
Tata has not been consistent with pre-sales or after-sales experiences.

A common theme I see in this thread is -

1. Bad experience at dealer. Don't worry, the product is good. Go to another dealership.

2. Fine. I go to another dealership. There I come to terms with the pricing of 20L (oh, one should not expect all dealerships to have consistent pre-sales experience in 2017!)

3. I am a wee-bit confused if it is worth 20L for a Tata product, given its baggage. Then, the advice is - don't worry, its a great product. Just to be safe, pay 20K and get extended warranty. Fine, will do that.

4. What if my after-sales experience is bad? After changing dealership and paying 20L. Change your dealership, again! Keep trying till you get a nice dealership.

5. Oh. Wait, my first dealership's after-sales is good. And I have extended warranty. Every alternative month I can keep coming to get a part changed. The chrome strip on door handle breaks. Dont worry. Go to the dealership since it has good after-sales + you have extended warranty and get it fixed. The product is good. The rubber beading is not fixed correctly. Great after-sales + extended warranty in a brilliant product, go get it fixed.

Eventually, you realize that Maruti and Hyundai deliver better after sales experience for 5L cars then the high aspiring Tata Motors with a flagship 20L product.

Point is, why cannot we demand excellent pre-sales and after sales in all dealerships by a manufacturer. Too much to ask? Initiative has to be from the customer to figure out which dealerships provide better experience?
OrangeCar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 22:19   #1535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCar View Post
Every car sold in the country has a few gremlins, be it the cheaper cars or the imported ones. Sales and after-sales also vary across different brands. Not that a particular brand has the best service centers all over the country. Bad apples exist everywhere. Dig in and you will see no brand is spared.

Horror stories abound for every manufacturer with regard to the product or after-sales service. It's a free country and a free market. The idea should be to take an informed decision and not just base your opinions on hearsay or a bad sales guy.

The choice is ours to make.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 22:29   #1536
BHPian

Hexa experience... by J.Anand of JA motorsports.

tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 22:51   #1537
Senior - BHPian

The serious side-effect of this is that Tata would be exposing itself to loss in word of mouth referrals from customers or enthusiasts like us. Its different matter that Tata has no problem with such loss of sales.

Then we also know (even GTO has mentioned) that the real revenue generator is A.S.S., if Tata is bent on killing that cash-cow (going by last few posts) than I have my full sympathies with the dealers as well as Tata.

Quote:

1. Bad experience at dealer. Don't worry, the product is good. Go to another dealership.

2. Fine. I go to another dealership. There I come to terms with the pricing of 20L (oh, one should not expect all dealerships to have consistent pre-sales experience in 2017!)

Last edited by ampere : 6th March 2017 at 09:16. Reason: Fixed typo
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 08:48   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Point is, why cannot we demand excellent pre-sales and after sales in all dealerships by a manufacturer. Too much to ask? Initiative has to be from the customer to figure out which dealerships provide better experience?
To a large extent it is a factor of quality in general (or the lack of it) in this country. Maruti and other companies perhaps get away because they already have a good name and one or two incidents here and there are usually brushed off. Remember people say they like a movie just because everyone else is saying it is good. I think there's a term for that but just slips my mind. Something that starts with herd or something.

I also noticed that many interesting products in our country don't have good after sales to back - the Lineas, Ventos etc. So, we are left with a tough choice and if we buy these cars, it is more about trusting our own knowledge than anything else.
Old 6th March 2017, 09:48   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
As a contrast, Honda had one copy of all variants of the new Honda city available in Udupi on launch day.
Mangalore dealership has a Hexa TD vehicle. Maybe you can select Mangalore as the location, and i feel the dealership will certainly oblige sending a TD vehicle. I feel the Hexa is certianly worth exploring, feature-wise, and not to be put down only for non-availability of a TD vehicle at your nearest dearlership.

Off-topic, but the Tata Motors Mangalore dealership also owns the Honda Udupi dealership too! Any of these 2 brands you consider buying in future will be a win situation to them
Old 6th March 2017, 10:07   #1540
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

3. I am a wee-bit confused if it is worth 20L for a Tata product, given its baggage. Then, the advice is - don't worry, its a great product. Just to be safe, pay 20K and get extended warranty. Fine, will do that.

4. What if my after-sales experience is bad? After changing dealership and paying 20L. Change your dealership, again! Keep trying till you get a nice dealership.

5. Oh. Wait, my first dealership's after-sales is good. And I have extended warranty. Every alternative month I can keep coming to get a part changed. The chrome strip on door handle breaks. Dont worry. Go to the dealership since it has good after-sales + you have extended warranty and get it fixed. The product is good. The rubber beading is not fixed correctly. Great after-sales + extended warranty in a brilliant product, go get it fixed.

Eventually, you realize that Maruti and Hyundai deliver better after sales experience for 5L cars then the high aspiring Tata Motors with a flagship 20L product.

Request you to please go to Suraksha, Maruti dealer near Electronic city and post your experiences here. I went there around two months back along with a friend who booked a Vitara Brezza. He took me along to make final payment of 8 Lakhs.

we were made to sit at reception for 10 minutes. We asked for paper cups to drink water. The receptionist said, help your self with steel glass provided. No paper cups.

Then we were taken upstairs. There were 26 sales persons ( including managers ) present. Customers only two. They made us sit and just kept of chit chat among themselves. The display car was locked. One has to see it from outside. After 20 minutes a guy came and asked us, do you need coffee? We said Yes. No coffee for another 15 minutes. Finally we left to see the car at stockyard without coffee.

After returning form stock yard, we were again taken upstairs to making payment. Again coffee was offered, but not served. Another 30 minutes wait to get a receipt for the payment.

All this happened after we informed them that we are coming to make final payment and they sent a car to take us there.

At least i never had such experience in any of the car dealers i went, including TATA

Last edited by rkg : 6th March 2017 at 10:10.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 10:12   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
You sir have clearly summed up my sentiments. I live in Gulbarga in Karnataka which is a sub-urban city. My visit and experience to the local Tata showroom was even worse than yours. The showroom was poorly lit like a bar. I went inside to enquire about hexa but there was nobody to reply.
I was in Gulbarga last week in my Hexa and had taken it to the TATA showroom there. Am surprised by going through your post. The dealers there are much better compared to the neighbouring showrooms. Atleast in terms of the ambience. But, i do agree, the knowledge they have on hexa isn't much! Just to compare, the Ford guys next door did not know if the endeavour 4x2 was a FWD or RWD. And the car is in market pretty longer than Hexa. And heck, its a ford!
Just thought of mentioning it because i felt the post was not doing full justice. Not just automobiles, but take anything. Fast food chains and other outlets (dominos for example) are pathetic. The customer seems to have more knowledge than the one behind the counter.
In such cities, no matter which industry or brand, there are issues. Although, this is not an excuse at all! So thought of giving a full picture instead of focusing on just TATA.

Also, most of the replies in these few pages are not at all concerning the title of this thread. I know, people who come from driving the Fiats and Fords and other such brands expect perfection, but then, this is a new product and it takes time for the detailed information to trickle down to smaller dealers in smaller cities. I remember reading similar posts when XUV was launched. And that car had serious electric and mechanical issues AFAIK. But still Mahindra responded pretty well and the car now is amazing!

In the Hexa, yes, there are just petty issues like rubber beading not aligned, a/c vent functioning, etc. But till now, no one has reported any major mechanical or electronic issues. And, TATA has been doing very very well by addressing these issues promptly. And that is what we owners appreciate.

Hence, it would be great if members could talk about their bad experiences in a different thread. It would greatly help from others going OT and will do justice to the product.
No offence intended to anyone!
abhi7013 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 12:11   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
That said, a bad pre-sales experience has never stopped me from buying a car from any brand. After all, I have to live with the car for 7 - 10 years, not the salesman . Why should I let one insignificant moron deprive me of owning a car that I really like?

If I really like a car and am getting it at a fair price, the pre-sales attitude doesn't influence my purchasing decision. What's more important is the after-sales.
Very true!

While buying my Figo, I went to 2 Ford dealers in Pune, one was an old reputed dealer but turned out he was not allotted a car, his dealership was being revoked. Another dealer, a newer one, who was going to take control of the previous dealership. Here also the experience was quite unprofessional to say the least. Still I knew the car was good so went ahead with a dealer farthest from my place and he turns out quite ok; not to mention that I am more than happy with the car.
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 12:29   #1543
BHPian

Test drove Hexa for quite a distance this weekend. Car is fine. Some gaps noticed, but overall product is fine.
Major issue was with the understanding and knowledge of Sales Executives. They donot know anything apart from usual queries thrown at them. Ask anything in detail, and they start giving funny replies. Funny to the least, and this asks for rough reverts.
Old 6th March 2017, 12:36   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
Hexa sales stood at 1026 units in February 2017

Source: http://www.autopunditz.com/
First of all, surprised that there is no comment on the above sales numbers till now :-)

Numbers certainly don't do justice neither to the product or all the build up around the launch with Hexa Experience et al. I for one was keenly following the thread for ages and had paid my booking amount too, but after the price announcement, I wanted to wait and watch for the following reason.

Going by the experts' reading of the price, its no brainer that, in isolation, ignoring the brand, product is very well priced.

But going by current market perception of TATA and number of people here contemplating to change their booking from XT to XM, it is evident that pricing is definitely not aggressive in relation to competition. In my opinion, numbers also seems to vindicate that.

If they can manage only 1000+ copies on the month launch (am guessing it will include demo car dispatches to few dealers as well), not sure how it is going to go from here. Hope the current marketing push does justice to the product and sales at least settles around 2000 numbers.

I read in Nexon thread that rumored pricing is going to be aggressive (in lines with Tiago) and 50 to 60 k lesser than Brezza, variant to variant. If it turns out to be true, it beats me why they went with different pricing strategy for Hexa alone?
Old 6th March 2017, 12:41   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Mangalore dealership has a Hexa TD vehicle. Maybe you can select Mangalore as the location,
Yes, I am aware Mangalore dealer has atleast a display vehicle. But that is not the point.

Why have a dealer in Udupi if he is not able to get a display vehicle even after a month. Either he is not interested in selling Hexa or Tata has screwed up production and logistics such that dealers in Tier 2/3/4 cities and towns do not have even a display vehicle after 1 month. Also the guys managing the Hexa app could have arranged a TD for me from Mangalore if they are aggressive enough about selling.

Besides If I am buying the Hexa, I would like to begin the relationship with the dealer in my town rather than one who is 60kms away. If the attitude of dealer in my town is not good,I cant be sure of the service. Then I might as well tick off the vehicle without even seeing it.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 6th March 2017 at 12:43.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks