Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 14:15   #781
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I dont know if people are looking at the correct prices for XUV while comparing them to the Hexa. I checked on the Mahindra website for Delhi/Gurgaon prices and the W10 AWD is 17.60 (XT 4x4 is 17.49) and W10 AT is 17.57 (XTA is 17.4).

Hexa is definitely lower than the XUV, though not by much for the top variants. The gap is much larger is one looks at the mid and the low variants of the two. Tata game plan might be to up-sell to anyone looking for an XE or the XM/XMA. Might work, in my opinion.
toothless is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:20   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
A friend from the industry mentioned that the prices for XUV are Ex-Mumbai and not EX-Dellhi in this chart. Kindly reconfirm.
Hi!
I have taken the prices from Carwale which also matches with the prices mentioned on the official website of XUV 5OO other than W10 AWD and W10 AWD AT which are not mentioned on the official website and Carwale had taken an avg. figure for the same

EDIT: There seems to be a confusion. The prices at Carwale doesn't match with what I had posted earlier.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 18th January 2017 at 14:27.
Sherlocked is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:22   #783
BHPian

Here is my observation on pricing.

All are Bangalore OTR.

21,86,178 - Tata Hexa XTA 4x2 7 STR
21,85,869 - Mahindra XUV500 W10 AT
26,43,098 - Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8 ZX AT 7 STR

Hexa v/s XUV500

Though the dimension and pricing are similar/comparable, I wouldn't compare these 2. To me, Hexa looks like a family vehicle [more like Volvo car/van] while XUV500 is more funky.
If someone says, with Rs.300 less, I am getting Sunroof, Tyre monitor, etc. I am sorry, I am not for a discussion. These are not my priority.
To me, XUV500 is like a Chinese version of iPhone that I wouldnt have it as my first choice.

Hexa v/s Crysta

If someone is comfortable to spend 21.86 Lakhs, they wouldn't mind another ~4.5 Lakhs for the Crysta. This is where I see a problem in pricing.
To me, it doesn't matter if I will get back that 4.5+ Lakhs while selling it off after 7/8 years. Probably, it may since I went through that pain of selling my 6 year Safari VX 4X4 last year!

Someone pointed out - its a hit or miss. I agree with that.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:24   #784
BHPian

The Creta SX Plus AT version costs 14.83 L ex-Hyderabad, while the Hexa XMA costs 15.21.

For the additional 38k ex-Hyderabad price you get:
  • Bigger Car with Bigger Engine
  • Extra Seating Space
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Voice Command Control
  • Electric Driver seat adjustment

And you lose:
  • Push Button Start-stop
  • Reverse Camera
  • Automatic Climate Control
  • Better maneuverability within City limits (due to size)

The Hexa pricing makes a very appealing case

Last edited by dheepak10 : 18th January 2017 at 14:34.
dheepak10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:27   #785
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Here is the Price Comparison of Tata Hexa & Mahindra XUV5OO.

Note - Prices are of Ex-Showroom Bangalore
If you prepared this yourself, may I request something?
Please map XE to W4, XM to W6 and XT to W8), align corresponding rows and then reshare.

PS: mapping of variants as per my friend from the auto industry.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:38   #786
BHPian

Looks like the Hexa Official website crashed...
http://hexa.tatamotors.com/
Attached Images

Old 18th January 2017, 14:40   #787
BHPian

Here is the updated one. My mistake, should have taken the figures from the Mahindra's official website.
In my previous post when I had taken the figures, Carwale was showing different prices for the 2.2L and 1.99L variant with the 2.2L slightly expensive but now both the engine options have the same price so don't know which one is wrong or right.
However these prices does matches with the prices from the official website.

Extremely sorry for the confusion caused.

NA- Price not mentioned on the official website.

Name:  updated1.PNG
Views: 5588
Size:  24.5 KB

Tata Hexa : Official Review-capture.png

Last edited by Sherlocked : 18th January 2017 at 15:09.
Sherlocked is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:42   #788
rkg
Senior - BHPian

XUV prices in Bangalore as per Mahindra XUV website
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-xuv.jpg  

Old 18th January 2017, 14:44   #789
BHPian

With 8k in ODO & few long drives; all I can say we are very happy with XUV w10 (AT FWD). AT is a blessing in busy Bangalore road and wife agrees
Mahindra's Service experience is pleasant so far.

Understand Everyone is right in their own way.

More competition is better for the customers. Let's see how people treat HEXA in next one year.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2017 at 21:47. Reason: Typo
Tsixty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:49   #790
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Surprised to read some comments on the pricing, guys.

For what it offers, I think the Hexa is superbly priced. Only things that will work against it are the Tata-brand baggage & that it doesn't have proper SUV styling. I'm still not convinced about Tata's long-term reliability either.

I wouldn't touch the MT as its ergonomics were too messed up for my driving position. However, if I were in the market, it would take some thinking to pick between the XUV500 & Hexa ATs. Both are excellent cars.

Last edited by GTO : 18th January 2017 at 14:50.
GTO is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:55   #791
BHPian

XUV is proven in the market and Mahindra can easily afford to give discounts to get the price at par (or even lower) with the similar Hexa variants. Adding to it, XUV has an SUV'ish stance while the Hexa more van like though it need to be a deal breaker. I feel at the end of the day, it going to be the test drive experience for the buyer over the price which will make it or break it for the hexa in favour or against the XUV. If they prefer the comfort and handling of the hexa over the XUV then we know where the buyer will put the money and if its about features then mostly the XUV is the way to go.

Last edited by centaur : 18th January 2017 at 14:56. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 18th January 2017, 14:55   #792
Team-BHP Support

It's a difficult decision between the two automatics right now, but it'll be easy pick in a year or so.

We'll know if Tata has managed to get the reliability right.
Eddy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:55   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Surprised to read some comments on the pricing, guys.

I wouldn't touch the MT as its ergonomics were too messed up for my driving position. However, if I were in the market, it would take some thinking to pick between the XUV500 & Hexa ATs. Both are excellent cars.
Where the XUV scores is that for a few bucks more, one gets an AWD with the AT. While AWD may not do it for hard core mudpluggers, but for the rest of the Leh Ladhakh/Rann/Thar desert junta, it will do just fine.

Hence its a close fight but the initial bouts may be won by the XUV on account of its better brand equity. If TML really pull out all stops to support the Hexa, rein in their dealers to walk on the straight and narrow, and it proves reliable, then it may claw its way back into the fight.

this one will be interesting to watch.
himanshugoswami is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:59   #794
BHPian

I am in confusion now as to which one to choose: The XT or XTA or XT4x4.

Initially I was keen on the XTA, but I find that the automatic does not offer ESP, TC, HDC and Brake Assist. Now the first two are really important safety features to me after ABS. Automatic offers me the convenience on driving, especially in city traffic but misses out on these safety features which are very important with the increased highway speeds. My highway driving ratio is high, at least three fourths of my distance driven is in highways.
I also do not know if 4x4 will be inherently safer than a 4x2 because of the Torque on Demand feature...

I don't know if they have missed out these features because of incompatibility with the auto gear software or just to keep the costs at the same level. Either way I am confused on 'Convenience over safety' choice.. With all three prices being within 1.2L adds to my confusion even more.
Old 18th January 2017, 14:59   #795
BHPian

For me Tata has done its job well with pricing Hexa close to XUV. I don't find any reason it should undercut XUV by more than 50k. XUV definitely lacks on interiors and ride quality.

Although Design is subjective but it is better than Innova and for me better than XUV as well. XUV seems to be overdone specially on front.
roby_dk is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks