Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2017, 21:46   #661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
The pricing of*Tata Motors' all-new, and eagerly awaited, SUV -*Hexa*- was put on the company's official website momentarily before being pulled off. According to it, prices will start at Rs 12.30 lakh and the top-end of the car will cost Rs 19.43 lakh (all prices ex showroom, Coimbatore). As reported by TOI.
12.30 was put up in the website but the 19.43 one was not. That's a rumour that's circulating everywhere!
Old 13th January 2017, 21:51   #662
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD007 View Post
The pricing of*Tata Motors' all-new, and eagerly awaited, SUV -*Hexa*- was put on the company's official website momentarily before being pulled off. According to it, prices will start at Rs 12.30 lakh and the top-end of the car will cost Rs 19.43 lakh (all prices ex showroom, Coimbatore). As reported by TOI.
Is this information genuine or based on the earlier leak? I ask because it seems strange that they would have only ex-Coimbatore prices on the website. I would imagine it would be either Ex-Pune or one of the larger metros.
Old 14th January 2017, 02:31   #663
BHPian

I've booked the Hexa on Tuesday

Make : Tata
Model : Hexa
Variant : XT 4x4 (7 seater)
Fuel : Diesel
Booking Date : 10/01/2017
Color : Arizona Blue
Expected Delivery Date : 3rd or 4th week of Jan 2017
Accessories Planned: May be a sunroof
Price : Expecting 18.50 lacs onroad
Booking Amount : 11,000/-
Dealership : Rathod Motors, Vapi, Gujarat.
Other Details : After lot of discussions with family members finally booked it. No one in family supports my decision because of Tata. I just booked it because i felt the product is well engineered, well built with macho looks and most importantly the ride quality over bad roads and very good highway manner for SUV standards. My father suggested me to go for manual transmission instead of automatic because of heavy maintenance cost if any thing goes wrong with automatic.

Can anybody tell me how well is the Hexa's 4x4 system in detail ? because four driving modes are present in both 4x2 and 4x4 manual version.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170110.jpeg  

Old 14th January 2017, 12:12   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Just to point out, you won't be getting the same 19" alloys which were on XT, but smaller 16" ones.
Ya, I do. But I think keeping in mind the overall cost of ownership of the 19" ones, XM with 16" or 17" rims should do just fine.
Old 14th January 2017, 13:48   #665
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Damp squib for me and Dad. Went to peer at the HEXA at Inner Ring Road today but sadly the vehicle had buzzed off for a loooong test drive. I believe it was expected back in 2 hours. No way I was going to wait that long just to see it!
Another day then, once the initial euphoria has died down.
Old 14th January 2017, 18:52   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Motors has posted this on their official Facebook page earlier in the afternoon today:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-untitled.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 19:56   #667
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors has posted this on their official Facebook page earlier in the afternoon today:

This was always a given. Personally, I am subscribing to the theory that the 12.5L 'leak' was deliberate to mentally prepare prospective customers for the number. I believe we are in for a pleasant surprise and that the starting price will be lower. It better be. Brand Tata just does not have the prestige value as well as perceived resale value that others operating in the 15-20L price band have.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 20:51   #668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Got to know from a Tata Motors Finance guy some days back that one of the variants reportedly got invoiced to a Kerala dealer for INR 12.35 lac. I just wish Tata gets it right this time- product, price and service.

Last edited by xjosephjacob : 14th January 2017 at 20:54.
xjosephjacob is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 00:57   #669

Took the TD for the manual version 4x2 at the BKC, Mumbai Hexa Experience.
Was chatting with the guy in charge of the accessories display vehicles and noted that the side step appeared to be very unstable and wouldn't withstand repeated use. He explained the side step was mounted on rubber mounts (in order to withstand being bumped against stationary/secondary objects) and that was making it seem weak and "spongy". He offered to show me the actual frame of the step, which was, according to him, pretty strong. So I took a look under the car's side and saw the fitting/frame of the step. It WAS fitted using 3 rubber mounts, which appeared pretty good. But the frame was altogether another question. It was just a painted 30mm x 3/16" M.S. frame (I can estimate it easily as my job exposeso me to such sizing up) structure which shouldn't cost over 400 bucks to make - I believe the price is over 4000? The aluminium step is simply fitted over this flimsy frame. The underlying frame will rust in no time; on pointing this out, the guy says I "shouldn't worry for 2-3 years". I guess that's the time frame projected for the life of the accessories

The side cladding which is used as a step in the non-accessorised car was simply push fitted using plastic clips (have tried to attach a picture of such a clip to clarify) and popped out when I tried getting in the car while stepping on it. Disheartened to see this in such an expensive vehicle.

When I pointed out the complete uselessness of the driver's arm rest, the chaps there were "so thankful for this valuable feedback". I mentioned that this isn't something I noticed today, and that almost every review had pointed this out and the fact that you are finding this "feedback" useful shows that no one has been paying attention to the reviews and forum discussions at all. I suggested fitting folding arm rests on both the front seats just like those fitted on the second row captain seats - since the seats are almost identical, except, of course, for the air bags fitted in the front seats.

Another negative for me was the long clutch travel. I'm used to sitting far away from the steering wheel and depressing the pedal fully was a task. I had to pull the seat towards the steering wheel to be able to depress the pedal fully. At this seating position, my wife said it seemed I'd hit my knee against the dash any moment! Pedal extenders may resolve this though.
The steering was hard to turn at stand still .... I'm guessing nothing will be as easy to turn as my Qualis' steering!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-download.jpg  

Badaasaab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 10:31   #670
BHPian

TATA ARIA - Making of the Chase Video. Never seen anything like this before !
Nilay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 11:02   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Autocar India has posted a 13-minute comparo video on ET Now of the Tata Hexa against the Mahindra XUV500, and has given the winning honours to the Mahindra while mentioning that the Hexa would be the more VFM option of the two.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 15th January 2017 at 11:31.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 11:49   #672
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Personally, I am subscribing to the theory that the 12.5L 'leak' was deliberate to mentally prepare prospective customers for the number.
100% agreed. A shrewdly planned leak to:

- Check online chatter and gauge feedback.

- Prepare people for the numbers.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2017, 12:42   #673
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badaasaab View Post
The side cladding which is used as a step in the non-accessorised car was simply push fitted using plastic clips (have tried to attach a picture of such a clip to clarify) and popped out when I tried getting in the car while stepping on it. Disheartened to see this in such an expensive vehicle.
Side cladding/fender flares on all vehicles including the Fortuner (as a reference point) is/are fitted using such clips, sometimes coupled with a double sided tape.

However, I get your point, the quality of the clips must be the best else they will break, creak and rattle prematurely.

Yes, the Qualis indeed had a very light, though a lifeless steering.

Last edited by n.devdath : 15th January 2017 at 12:43.
Old 15th January 2017, 13:09   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badaasaab View Post
When I pointed out the complete uselessness of the driver's arm rest, the chaps there were "so thankful for this valuable feedback". I mentioned that this isn't something I noticed today, and that almost every review had pointed this out and the fact that you are finding this "feedback" useful shows that no one has been paying attention to the reviews and forum discussions at all. I suggested fitting folding arm rests on both the front seats just like those fitted on the second row captain seats - since the seats are almost identical, except, of course, for the air bags fitted in the front seats.
Same feeling for me on the armrests. I also asked whether there is any chance for separate arm rests and got a firm negative answer. It definitely is a deal breaker for self driving folks like me, but can opt for even after fix accessory if available. I am waiting to see the options on this. I am very much used to use the armrests of both my linea and Kuv on all the time.
Old 15th January 2017, 19:23   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilay View Post
TATA ARIA - Making of the Chase Video. Never seen anything like this before !
Wow, have never seen this video and wonder where did they use the finished version - have never seen that too.

The vehicle handles impressively in the video.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks