Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2017, 01:45   #541
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

To create an impression TML should price the Hexa and its variants like

12.99 (Base AMT)

And

To create a Noise they can do an XUV by launching introductory price of 10.99 Lacs for first 1000 customers.

No one else will bother much about other variants price (barring really atrociously priced ones).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Now, where would you ideally want the Hexa lineup to be priced at, after knowing what the car brings to the table?
The only major risk present for every manufacturer in this segment is that there is a huge Giant present by name Innova which gets stronger with each failure of its competitors and the competitor's energy gets absorbed by it. So Tata can charge a premium for its effort but can't make Innova accessible to its potential customers in the process.

One irony I noticed that XUV is being praised for its gadgetary and the same is being demanded for Hexa but its the very same reason which led to the demise of Aria. Actually the difference between the success and failure of XUV and Aria is the handling and redressal of gadgetary failure by their respective manufacturers.

BTW did anyone notice that the Hexa Ads have started appearing on TV.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 03:08   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
To create a Noise they can do an XUV by launching introductory price of 10.99 Lacs for first 1000 customers.
What would they gain by doing this? They would have already had 1000+ bookings.
Old 5th January 2017, 03:55   #543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Guys. I really don't think that people are going to pay more for the Hexa just because it is a more capable vehicle or it has a better ride quality. People will compare features and that's what will sell. Whether we like it or not, that's the truth. I really hope Tata see it that way too.

And what makes us think that Mahindra are not preparing for this? I went to the Mahindra showroom yesterday to see the XUV AT and the advisor there was well versed with how to compare the XUV with the Hexa....
The assumption here is that Tata is exclusively going for XUV customers while there are 7k customers every month who buy the over priced but very reliable Innova. I think Tata's strategy should be to poach customer from both Mahindra and Toyota especially private buyers because fleet owners do not care about looks, performance, handling or equipment levels but reliability and cost of maintenance. The bottom end variants could undercut the XUV while the top end versions could be priced in the ballpark of the Innova G variants for the manual so as to cover all the bases.

Tata should also make sure that they have a exhaustive sales pitch ready in comparison to both the Innova and the XUV. They can and should use hyperbole's like the ride quality being next only to the mighty S class before taking the customer for a ride and letting him/her experience it by him/herself. The idea is not to bluff but making sure that they highlight the positives and then let the prospective customers experience it. The idea also is to appeal to the subconscious by germinating the idea aka Inception. As a product the Hexa does everything well and somethings really well when compared to the competition and those ought to be highlighted as much as they can be.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 09:32   #544
BHPian

This advertisement is running on TV since two days. The vehicle looks good :-)

driverabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 10:50   #545
Senior - BHPian

Good point. Maybe they can use that strategy to create big noise which will get them huge number of bookings. Also as someone mentioned, it will also make sure that the bookings already done don't get cancelled. Announcing the price is one thing which can't be reversed or corrected later. I still remember the reactions when Jazz, Aria and S-Cross were launched and when EcoSport and XUV were launched. Even if Tata loses 1-2 Lacs for first 1000 cars it can recover that by not signing any celebrity for Hexa marketing. But if they kill it at the time of launch (Aria) then we all would not blame the customer but Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbender View Post
What would they gain by doing this? They would have already had 1000+ bookings.
Old 5th January 2017, 12:51   #546
BHPian

Anybody received an email from tata dealers with a list of accessories? I got a 15 page ppt but don't know how to share it. Says strictly confidential all over!

Edit: you get a wireless charging tray for mobile @ 850rs and alloy wheels can be selected at 8500 odd rupees per wheel. Many other external/internal features are mentioned which are very interesting!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8vfkCA5uYBoY3V0aVZNSHd2ck0/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope the link works!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 5th January 2017 at 12:57.
abhi7013 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 13:42   #547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Anybody received an email from tata dealers with a list of accessories? I got a 15 page ppt but don't know how to share it. Says strictly confidential all over!

Edit: you get a wireless charging tray for mobile @ 850rs and alloy wheels can be selected at 8500 odd rupees per wheel. Many other external/internal features are mentioned which are very interesting!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8v...w?usp=drivesdk

Hope the link works!
Thanks Abhi,

Side Steps seem like a must have add-on, the listed price is Rs. 4436/-

HUD with TPMS is good to have, but costs Rs15875/- !!

I could not find sunroof in the list. :-(
Old 5th January 2017, 13:55   #548
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Side steps @ Rs 4436 are cheaper than what i had paid in after market for my ARIA ( around 6K)
Old 5th January 2017, 14:29   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Here you go, team.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide5.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide6.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide7.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide8.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide9.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide10.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide11.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide12.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide13.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-slide14.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 14:50   #550
BHPian

Sunroof available.

Please check this detailed list of accessories:-

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8v...w?usp=drivesdk

Very detailed indeed!

Ps: The alloys if you want them in XM/XE are just 16". Not 19"!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 5th January 2017 at 15:01.
abhi7013 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:46   #551
BHPian

Got a chance to test drive the TATA Hexa AT! Great effort by TATA and if they get the pricing right, this could well change the company image for good.

Did anyone find the sound insulation to be 'just' okay? I found the engine sound to be intrusive and had to literally jack up the audio sound to compensate for the same.

Middle row was fine, but with the front seats adjusted for a 5'10 individual, I had to slide the middle row fully back with no space left at the third row. Anyone else noticed this?

On the third row, its impossible to sit straight with your feet tucked neatly under middle row seats. Middle row seat clamps (to the floor) eat up space and your are forced to move your left or right leg (depending on which side of the car your are sitting) slightly away from the normal position. May sound fine on shorter runs but will be royally painful on a long highway drive.

Music system was a letdown too. Not sure what was wrong, but, increase the volume and could hear a jarring effect. It was not any radio being played but it was some MP3 stuff from the sales person's phone. Wasn't too impressive (with the kind of hardware it comes with) with the sound quality.

Also the floor was not something even and flat, not sure was it because of the mats (couldn't spend much time without any individual on board) or what.

Last edited by vinair : 5th January 2017 at 16:51.
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 08:54   #552
BHPian

A Tata Hexa app is now available for exploring its features.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tatamotors.tatahexa

Last edited by PraNeel : 6th January 2017 at 08:57.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 09:45   #553
Senior - BHPian

I saw a Hexa XTA being test driven by someone on the road. While I agree with most here that its a well designed and handsome vehicle, one glaring issue with the design for me ( and which is quite common to other Tata cars ) was that the tyres were hardly filling up the wheel wells even in this top end model. The front wheel arches are so flared and with those black strips, they really jut out quite significantly whereas the wheels lie deep in giving the look of a old man with sunken cheeks. ( very similar to the Mahindra Rexton as well ).

I really don't understand why Tata does this to all their cars right from the Indica, Bolt, Zest and even Storme to a good extent.

The outer wall of the tyre has to be close to the outer point of the wheel arch/fender from an aesthetic sense atleast.

Last edited by narayan : 6th January 2017 at 09:46.
Old 6th January 2017, 10:16   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I really don't understand why Tata does this to all their cars right from the Indica, Bolt, Zest and even Storme to a good extent.

The outer wall of the tyre has to be close to the outer point of the wheel arch/fender from an aesthetic sense atleast.
Aesthetically it does look good but when the outer wall is close to outer point of fender, the chances of muck/dirt splashing the body is very high. Check a vehicle which has outer wall of tyre protruding outside, its a night mare during rainy season.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2017, 10:27   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I saw a Hexa XTA being test driven by someone on the road. While I agree with most here that its a well designed and handsome vehicle, one glaring issue with the design for me ( and which is quite common to other Tata cars ) was that the tyres were hardly filling up the wheel wells even in this top end model. The front wheel arches are so flared and with those black strips, they really jut out quite significantly whereas the wheels lie deep in giving the look of a old man with sunken cheeks. ( very similar to the Mahindra Rexton as well ).

I own a WagonR and the wheels are very much near the wheel arch/fender. With my stock wheels (155/65 R14), in the rains, I used to have a dirty car with mud splashed around the car sides. Then during tyre change, I went one size up (165 section). Even now, the wheels are within the arc and not protruding. But when I drive through a small puddle, I get splash marks. While they look cool, cleaning them daily is tiresome.

Tata cars might be better off in such a scenario.

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th January 2017 at 10:47.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed