Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2017, 12:44   #2041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post

Its rather upsetting to have experienced all this immediately after driving the car out of the dealership. I plan to visit the dealer tomorrow and try and find some solutions.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
A minor connection problem. Happened to a Tiago as i was told by the SA when I had given my car for the first service. They'll fix it in a few minutes.

But yes, it is a bit disappointing having to face it on the first drive. You could have driven it back to the showroom immediately.
Old 20th May 2017, 13:58   #2042
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post

When I powered down the car and started it up again, the warning sign was gone.

Its rather upsetting to have experienced all this immediately after driving the car out of the dealership. I plan to visit the dealer tomorrow and try and find some solutions.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
Should be a connection lose somewhere. Check the battery terminals if they are lose or any ground connections that might be lose. typically there would be a cable connected to the car body.
Old 20th May 2017, 20:13   #2043

As a follow up to the above, today morning when I went along to take my Hexa out for a drive, I was surprised to find that I was unable to unlock the car using the electronic buttons.

I was able to open the front doors finally using the key physically. However, upon turning the ignition the control system would not power up, let alone start the engine. However the AC blower was switching on somehow as I turned the key.

After I called up the TATA dealership, they predictably asked me to get in touch with the service manager at authorised workshop.

Two technicians were sent over to my house. By that time we all figured out that fuse connection must be loose. Turned out our speculation was right and upon tightening the fuse contacts with an 8 mm socket, the control system power sprang back to life.

Drove the car for almost a 100 kms today in the city and beyond, and did not face any more electrical or electronic problems.

It was a pure pleasure to drive the automatic. Quite a few curios onlookers gazed at the Hexa. Not a very common sight on Kolkata roads yet.

Thank you Shailesh for your feedback, helped me pursue my speculations with more confidence
arijitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2017, 16:39   #2044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
I got a chance to sit in the middle bench of a Hexa XT 7 seater yesterday. Some observations:

- Disembarking from the vehicle is just plain uncomfortable. I almost fell out of the middle row on-to the ground. Practice shall make owners perfect at getting out of the vehicle. :P
- One look at those gorgeous wheels and you know it's not going to be easy to shell out lakhs for the tyres. And god forbid if something happens to an alloy!
Well, it turns out that the MRF Wanderer tyres are not too overpriced. They were listed on the website for around Rs. 12,000-something, which doesn't seem too much for 19" tyres.

You wouldn't regret buying one, even if its the next generation model in 2021. A lot of the issues would have been sorted out by then and the car would be absolutely perfect.
Old 21st May 2017, 18:41   #2045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnvjy View Post
Well, it turns out that the MRF Wanderer tyres are not too overpriced. They were listed on the website for around Rs. 12,000-something, which doesn't seem too much for 19" tyres.

You wouldn't regret buying one, even if its the next generation model in 2021. A lot of the issues would have been sorted out by then and the car would be absolutely perfect.
Yes, MRF Wanderers are not that expensive. But at the same time, they are quite ordinary. If you want to buy quality tires in the stock size or are looking to upsize, you are looking at spending around 80-100k for a set of 4.

Actually these 19" tires are hugely overpriced in India. You get a much wider choice on websites like tirerack.com at significantly lower prices.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 03:03   #2046
BHPian

Can anyone here help me with the part number of the 12V charger ports provided in the Hexa? The same are available in the Tigor - but NOT the Tiago.
Regular 12V port, with a knurled finish spring loaded 'cap' - in contrast to the flimsy plastic lid found in Vista, Manza, Bolt, Zest and Tiago.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 23rd May 2017, 14:40   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Yes, MRF Wanderers are not that expensive. But at the same time, they are quite ordinary.
Well, as far as we're concerned, the Wanderers do the job well, since we have an XT 4x2 and do not intend to take it offroading at any time whatsoever. Also, the tyre exhibits good refinement levels with negligible road noise even at higher speeds. I'd be happy to stick with them even for the next tyre change, rather than buy from Pirelli, Michelin or Continental, at least until those tyres become affordable for this particular size in India.
rshnvjy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 15:40   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshnvjy View Post
Well, as far as we're concerned, the Wanderers do the job well, since we have an XT 4x2 and do not intend to take it offroading at any time whatsoever. Also, the tyre exhibits good refinement levels with negligible road noise even at higher speeds. I'd be happy to stick with them even for the next tyre change, rather than buy from Pirelli, Michelin or Continental, at least until those tyres become affordable for this particular size in India.
Exactly. These tyres are more than sufficient for long rides, and even a certain amount of off road drives. I really enjoy the grip that they give in high speeds and overtakes. Quick lane changes are fun!

Also, would like to say that it is not fare to look at the costs of higher end tyres when you are calculating maintenance costs.
There's just a difference of 2k per tyre for these and regular ones. Going by the looks of the alloys and an average changing interval of 50k kms, i would say it's worth it.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:15   #2049
BHPian

I agree with abhi and rshnvjy that these 19" tyres are really good, at 100 you don't hear any tyre noise, yamuna expressway which has mostly concrete road and tyre noise is always on higher side still they are very quite at 100 Kmph, they were in super silent mode on Lucknow Agra expressway so they are worth the money. Engine is anyway super silent at normal speed and these tyres truly compliment the overall experience.
Anuruddhs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 14:50   #2050
BHPian

Today, was taking my Hexa out of the parking level and onto the ramp, when suddenly the steering tightened. Just about reached the top of the ramp to the ground level and could not turn the steering at all. It took a humongous effort to just steer the car to the side. Tried turning off/on - did not help. Also inspected the power steering fluid levels, no issues either.

Called Concorde, who said the vehicle needs to be towed to Service Station as they cannot debug electrical issues on site. So called Tata Breakdown Service and now waiting for the car to be towed away.

The car has done ~7000 kms and earlier had a problem of central locking turning off/on at high speeds on bumps. This was supposed to be some sensor coming loose and was fixed during the first service. I have a feeling even this one is related to some rogue sensor. Tata's inexperience with high end instrumentation seems to be apparent here.

Will keep you folks posted on the updates!

Not a pretty picture!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20170525_151808.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20170525_151823.jpg  

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th May 2017 at 09:57. Reason: Merging consecutive posts, despite being >30 mins apart :)
anthiltg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 19:26   #2051
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 26th May 2017 at 09:21.
Vikvkv is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th May 2017, 19:52   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthiltg View Post
Not a pretty picture!
Ah! A terrible feeling to have a reasonably new 20 Lakh monster being towed away.

This has been one of the most impressive new launches in the last few months, but reminds me of the XUV 500 now (in its initial days). A car that is fully feature loaded, spacious, has all the bells and whistles etc... But the most important factor- RELIABILITY. Just cannot compromise on that.

Wish the guys at the service centre quickly diagnose the issue and resolve it under warranty. Do let us know the progress...
Old 26th May 2017, 11:48   #2053
BHPian

Quote:

Will keep you folks posted on the updates!

Not a pretty picture!
Best of Luck @anthiltg
Lets us know how it goes. When the Hexa was released I felt that Tata finally had a vehicle in this segment that met up to current feature standards. I hope we don't have to start a niggles thread for this car.
Old 27th May 2017, 12:26   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Today, was taking my Hexa out of the parking level and onto the ramp, when suddenly the steering tightened.
The car has done ~7000 kms and earlier had a problem of central locking turning off/on at high speeds on bumps. This was supposed to be some sensor coming loose and was fixed during the first service.
This is scary. Wouldn't the car be uncontrollable and thus potentially leading to a serious accident if this had happened at high speeds? Do let us know the root cause. I hope it is not the case of the electronics trying to mistakenly lock the steering.
Old 27th May 2017, 13:31   #2055
Distinguished - BHPian

Had the 5000km service done yesterday.

Called up the dealer who promptly sent a driver over. First service does not entail much apart from general check up and washing. Alignment was also carried out. They did a good job with the washing. I had forgotten my shades inside the sunglass holder. They cleaned the little stain off the holder. Thankfully, my sunglasses are still there and left untouched. Got the vehicle back in the evening itself. Total cost: zero. Gold AMC at work.

Glad to report that even the inside of the front windshield is perfectly clean. This was a perennial problem area with both the local Honda dealers, where the cleaning boys always wipe the inside of the glass with the same cloth they use for dashboard polish. N number of complaints but they never learn. Car is rendered undrivable at night and I always have to clean it up again myself. Good to see that the guys at Pahwa Autoworld Okhla took care of this small but crucial point.

Overall, I am very happy with my Hexa and am totally spoilt by its performance and comfort. So much that I have pretty much stopped using my City altogether. The only things missed are telescopic steering adjust and a bigger fuel tank. Otherwise, it is basically perfect.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks