Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 10:44   #2791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Anyway, he is planning to visit their workshop tomorrow again and will ask them to show what all precautions have they taken to avoid this issue in future.
I admit, this is where the problem starts. Not just with TATA but even Hyundai. The latter charges exorbitantly for my santro, and when the problem persists (most of the time) and i ask what they did and what precautions they took so that it doesn't happen again, they all are mute.
Atleast my problems, though minimal in the Hexa, were rectified promptly (without taking the car to service center in few cases).

It all depends on how we personally take it.
I for example, take inspiration from the Crysta owners who have dealt with tyre bursts and wheel size reductions pretty maturely and with patience for a car that costs way more than Hexa!
Escalating such issues which were solved will only ruin your peace of mind and you will not be able to have a good ownership experience too.
Having said that, i don't mean what they did was right. It shouldn't have happened in the first place! Just my two cents.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 11:37   #2792
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
No, not yet. I understand they have placed the order.

Is there any significance that I have missed?

Thanks
Check with him so that we know that the order has at least been placed with TML. In Pune, once the vehicle is manufactured and identified, it takes about 4 days to land in the dealer's stock yard. ( Info courtesy: sales rep )
so a delay of month and half sounds little fishy.

Regards
Rohan
rohansd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 12:07   #2793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Finally I have bitten the bait.
Just back from the Concorde motors after booking Platinum Silver XT 4X2. Now the endless wait till its delivered.
They gave a decent deal however were non committal on the price protection. Wonder how are dealers at other locations managing it. So until the vehicle is invoiced, fingers crossed !
Quick update:
Got a call from the sales rep that the vehicle is in transit and is expected to land in the stock yard by tomorrow. He has shared the VIN and I decoded it to check that is a August manufactured vehicle. I have told him that I will do a PDI before making the payment.
Old 29th August 2017, 12:25   #2794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well, the issue here is not about whether they were able to solve the issue or not. How they try to keep a customer in dark and try to hide the actual issue is what annoyed him.
I think, today's customers require more upfront and transparent feedback from their service providers ( even if its bad news ). Withholding info is seen more seriously than the seriousness of the actual issue itself - this is perfectly understandable on the part of your friend. I used to expect the same of T.A.S.S - to be transparent with what the issues are and the turn around times expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
If they have offered an explanation, and the car is running fine now, collect the car. You could insist on a written account of the resolution for future reference in case the issue reoccurrs, if you wish.

They need a royal bollicking for the lack of RSA commitment, I admit though.
The explanation could have been clearer and more upfront. I guess this is more of a soft skill training issue than anything but your suggestion to document it is relevant.

All one needs to do is to retain copies of the job card ( which captures the issues reported ) and the final invoice ( even if NIL value ) capturing the works done ( including any parts replaced under warranty ).
narayan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 12:31   #2795
BHPian

Quote:
Well, the issue here is not about whether they were able to solve the issue or not. How they try to keep a customer in dark and try to hide the actual issue is what annoyed him.

For me it is not a problem anymore. The safari I drive now is the third Tata vehicle and I know what to expect from the Tata's A.S.C guys.

This poor fellow was new to these kind of answers that doesn't instil confidence in a vehicle which he bought just three days back for 18 lakhs. As I mentioned the very first reply he got was that it was a sensor issue and has been rectified and ECU was reset. It's only when he categorically asked why the car wouldn't start when an ESP or Traction control module goes kaput did they come up with a new theory of poor electrical grounding. And they were not ready to provide anything on paper.

Anyway, he is planning to visit their workshop tomorrow again and will ask them to show what all precautions have they taken to avoid this issue in future.
I had the sensor issue with in few thousand kilometer of run on highway and car refused to start , It was showing ABS and other failures but once they found it was cam shaft sensor and replaced immediately all the fault went away. So in nut shell if your car is working fine after fixing the sensor it should not give you any problem later on.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 13:53   #2796
BANNED

I think this thread has seen a handful of minor niggles and most of them have been down to a loose connection or so. A friend of mine got a 'Low Brake Fluid' warning on his XTA and it was later on diagnosed to be a loose/ill fitting cap for the reservoir! While it is good news for the owner or for someone planning to buy a Hexa, it is definitely not good on the part of Tata to allow a flagship vehicle get out of the factory without proper PDI. Getting stranded on the highway at night with family is definitely not acceptable and the if the cause happens to be a sensor failure it is still fine (relatively) but the same happening to just a loose connection is criminal!

Corrective action from Tata has improved, no doubt. Going the extra mile in diagnosis/ rectification, providing accommodation for stranded owners, loaner car / taxi etc is all good but I feel the real effort should be towards preventive action and never allow such silly niggles get through and bother the consumer at any point during the ownership.

I remember a few yeras back when one of the Mods or two had been to Tata plant where a big hoarding hung from the roof said "Do not build/accept/ship defects". I think the team now needs a refresher!

Last edited by Kishen.padiyar : 29th August 2017 at 14:16. Reason: corrected punctuation error.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 21:12   #2797
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update:
Got a call from the sales rep that the vehicle is in transit and is expected to land in the stock yard by tomorrow. He has shared the VIN and I decoded it to check that is a August manufactured vehicle. I have told him that I will do a PDI before making the payment.
I too got a call 3 days ago that my vehicle is in the transit. Today got a call that it has arrived and hopefully I will go for pdi and delivery tomorrow. Can someone please give me a link to the thread that contained the things to be checked during pdi and also anything specific to hexa that I should particularly check?
Old 29th August 2017, 21:57   #2798
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update:

How is the dealer providing you the price protection in this case or is it something that you haven't asked for? Reason I ask is, in my case, I paid an advance and made the booking. The dealer said he has raised the order and is waiting for TML to invoice him. Once that is done, he is asking me to pay the ex showroom price. I'm yet to get the VIN. The dealer says once I have pod against the invoice only then price protection is guaranteed. Something doesn't seem right, isn't it? Also, can you tell me how to decode the VIN to find month of manufacture?
Old 29th August 2017, 22:32   #2799

I am looking at purchasing a Hexa XM. One of my requirements is to be able to transport some audio gear which would force me to fold both, the 2nd and 3rd, row of seats. However, I'm unable to find any conclusive data on how many litres of boot space that is going to free up. Could someone help with regards to this please? This is crucial in cementing my decision.

Also, am I the only one who feels that the steering wheel on the Hexa is offset to the left a bit?
Old 29th August 2017, 22:57   #2800
BHPian

VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with MAT...)

Decode:

10th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture
12th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture

An Example:

If your 10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010
If your 12th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July

Month Codes:

A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY
F = JUN
G = JUL
H = AUG
J = SEP
K = OCT
N = NOV
P = DEC

Year Codes:

A = 2010
B = 2011
C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
H = 2017
J = 2018
K = 2019
L = 2020
M = 2021
N = 2022
P = 2023
R = 2024
S = 2025
T = 2026
V = 2027
W = 2028
X = 2029
Y = 2030

P.S. The letters "I", "O" and "Q" are never used in a VIN.

Source http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...cture-vin.html

Last edited by travelex : 29th August 2017 at 22:58. Reason: Added link
Old 30th August 2017, 09:24   #2801
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djworx View Post
I am looking at purchasing a Hexa XM. One of my requirements is to be able to transport some audio gear which would force me to fold both, the 2nd and 3rd, row of seats. However, I'm unable to find any conclusive data on how many litres of boot space that is going to free up. Could someone help with regards to this please? This is crucial in cementing my decision.

Also, am I the only one who feels that the steering wheel on the Hexa is offset to the left a bit?
If you have the gear that you plan to load or similar sized objects, why don't you ask for a test drive vehicle at home and check this out in person. Given this is a crucial pt in your decision, why leave it to someone's comment on volumes in a forum ?
Old 30th August 2017, 09:51   #2802
BANNED

Quote:
I am looking at purchasing a Hexa XM. One of my requirements is to be able to transport some audio gear which would force me to fold both, the 2nd and 3rd, row of seats. However, I'm unable to find any conclusive data on how many litres of boot space that is going to free up.
In your case, given that you will be regularly carrying audio gear, just the volume comparison of boot space may not be the right approach. Though I am not sure as to how big your package is, I think the crysta makes more sense for you. The loading lip is lot lower with a super flat floor (literally the floor and not seat back) with rows 2 and 3 folded.

Having said that, I am in no way doubting the amount of cargo you can fit in the Hexa with two rows backrest folded. It is just that the crystas's layout is more practical for frequent hauling of cargo. Try referring to page 77 of this thread where BHPian VKumar has put together a nice pictorial comparo.

Here is the link.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4138376
Old 30th August 2017, 09:54   #2803
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is it the same audio gear you need to transport each time? Why don't you ask a dealer to get the car home for a TD and try if everything fits?

The dealer should not have a problem as it is a genuine concern; and can make/break the buying decision.
Old 30th August 2017, 10:33   #2804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelex View Post
Can someone please give me a link to the thread that contained the things to be checked during pdi and also anything specific to hexa that I should particularly check?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...heck-list.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
How is the dealer providing you the price protection in this case or is it something that you haven't asked for? Reason I ask is, in my case, I paid an advance and made the booking. The dealer said he has raised the order and is waiting for TML to invoice him. Once that is done, he is asking me to pay the ex showroom price. I'm yet to get the VIN. The dealer says once I have pod against the invoice only then price protection is guaranteed. Something doesn't seem right, isn't it?
That is exactly what was told to me by my dealer and hence he was noncommittal on price protection. The invoicing will happen only when the vehicle is identified / allotted to you and that depends on the stock situation in the plant. That is beyond dealer's control hence I am not surprised that he didn't offer me price protection. When did you book yours ?
rohansd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 10:38   #2805

Thanks for all the suggestions! Even I ended up with the thought of having the vehicle over to check the loading situation - just a couple of hours after I last posted. Appreciate the help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks