Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2017, 10:25   #1291
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

A special thanks to Mr. Haris for sharing these pics with fellow enthusiasts. Looks like a Hexa TD car underwent a major mishap, and seems to have fared well.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170212wa0002.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170212wa0001.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170212wa0000.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170212wa0004.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170212wa0005.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170212wa0006.jpg

Thanks to Haris for providing original source details, it's Mr. Anish Surendran. Thanks to you both (From Tata the Real Automotive King, Facebook page) for sharing with fellow enthusiasts.

EDIT: Is it only me, or the side airbags have failed to deploy? If yes, then Tata; be ready with a justification for the same.

Last edited by VKumar : 12th February 2017 at 10:41.
VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 11:11   #1292
Senior - BHPian

To be honest its obvious that the ride and drive quality of the Hexa has to be better as its a X-over while Endy is an SUV. The direct and only competitor for Hexa is XUV5OO and all other belong to other segments. Anyway this fact seems irrelevant and the difference is getting blurred like smartphones and feature phones.

If there's only one criteria is applied then only one or two manufacturers would meet them and all people would buy the same cars, in same colour, etc. Its a mix of what's your non-negotiable preference and on which you are flexible.

If I am a first time buyer in the 18 Lac+ segment, I would definitely do some good research and would also think many times before putting such money on Tata. Its like Fiat, I can buy it blindly but can't recommend to others.

But the most important factor Hexa has brought is that you really need to justify yourself inside as to why you didn't buy one. The product is so good and that must be appreciated.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 11:38   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
A special thanks to Mr. Haris for sharing these pics with fellow enthusiasts. Looks like a Hexa TD car underwent a major mishap, and seems to have fared well.

Thanks to Haris for providing original source details, it's Mr. Anish Surendran. Thanks to you both (From Tata the Real Automotive King, Facebook page) for sharing with fellow enthusiasts.

EDIT: Is it only me, or the side airbags have failed to deploy? If yes, then Tata; be ready with a justification for the same.
This car is from the TAFE Access showroom at Coimbatore. I know this because one of my friends had gone there in hopes of testing the AT model, but instead had to drive the MT and the sales guy told him that the AT model was involved in an accident and had to be written off. He was told that the car crashed at 140 km/h and yet the occupant escaped uninjured.

As for the airbags deploying, I don't think we can judge how the car crashed at that moment just by looking at the pictures. My guess is that it wasn't a direct side impact. Or even if the airbags had deployed, maybe they had to be removed or moved away in order to tow/lift the vehicle onto the trailer.
rshnvjy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 11:54   #1294
BHPian

Congrats to the new owners of the car and wishing you happy and safe miles ahead of you.

Blue looks good on the car and i saw one brand new car yesterday. What i liked most was the way the car moves on the road. I mean you look at the car moving, it goes in a dignified manner - no pitching/bouncing and with that "don't mess with me" looks.

For the Tata bashing - I want Tata to use this as a good feedback and improve the market perception, create the brand value and models to woo those haters. Eventually make those haters as lovers of the Tata cars. Tata, please hire me.

Last edited by sunishsamuel : 12th February 2017 at 11:56.
sunishsamuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 13:01   #1295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post

Do all variants have side airbags? If they do not then maybe this one is a variant without them.
Old 12th February 2017, 13:44   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Do all variants have side airbags? If they do not then maybe this one is a variant without them.
No, all variants does not come with side airbags. But the variant in the picture is certainly a top end as it is seen with 19 inch alloys which are present in the top trim only and comes equipped with side airbags.
Old 12th February 2017, 14:21   #1297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

have you driven the two back to back to say that the crystas handling is not better? It is very noticeably better. As for the interiors, check out the door pockets and drivers armrest in the he's they are practically useless just because something comes with a touchscreen and jbl speakers doesn't change the fact that it is based on the aria and therefore ergonomic quirks will still be carried forward
I have not driven them back to back but still I could not find noticeable difference. If we leave aside seat pockets, which I did not notice, Hexa has better seats, plastic quality and touch and feel IMO. I think Hexa would be less tiring for me then Crysta. And yes, the music system us awesome.

I have no blind faith towards any brand but still I will take Hexa over Crysta for it's value for money proposition with no serious issues. Personally, I won't spend 5 lacs premium even for a15 years time period for the kind of advantage Crysta has.

P.S. I am well aware of your Kizashi ownership and really appreciate your views in this forum. I am just trying to put in my perspective.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 15:24   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Please recommend the Innova Crysta over the Hexa for Reliability, Toyota Service etc, but this? Would you recommend a Bolt over a Swift as Bolt is a substantial improvement over the Indica/Vista, while the Swift is just a facelift.
We all know that the old Innova was severely under-equipped and didn't offer much in terms of safety features. Which is why I felt like mentioning it. No need to unnecessarily belittle the post if you did not understand that

Quote:
Since when did door pockets and front armrest become a part of a platform? Feel free to criticize the platform for the excessive weight, but door pockets?
Is it bad to expect decent ergonomics in a car that costs more than a million rupees? I'm sorry if you feel so, but to me these are signs of something that is not "all new"

Quote:
The OP's question was for the Automatic Version. Your generic statement in your first post (which you subsequently clarified in a later post) is rather misleading. As someone else rightly pointed out, Team-BHP forums are indeed viewed very carefully by the not so well informed, and it is upon all of us to ensure we have a meaningful critique.
I did not know that and had no qualms admitting that the auto tranny in the Hexa is good. I merely posted reasons as to why I personally would recommend an Innova Crysta. I never said the Hexa does not hold any advantages and like I said, I never had any qualms in admitting its strengths. No need to patronize me on this as I find it highly unlikely that the "uninformed" will closely read page 85 but not the pages thereafter.

Last edited by GTO : 12th February 2017 at 21:54. Reason: As requested :)
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 18:53   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
...BTW, for all who are complaining about the goof-up by Tata Motors regarding the 5th Alloy wheel, lets get some facts clear[list=1][*] TATA indeed goofed up with their invoicing.[*]Tata Motors never specified that the 5th wheel is an Alloy.
If its in the cars that are provided to the media for online reviews (where they recommend people see Team-BHP reviews through adverts), and then specified in the TAX Invoice (viz a legal document of quite some importance).

Quote:
Media-drive vehicles are NOT the production-spec vehicles.
Reputed companies change things only incase of a real flaw. What great error did they find with a spare alloy that they swapped it with a steel wheel ?

Quote:
[*]Given whats at stake, Tata Motors could have handled this better. At least, own up their invoicing error and make some counter offer to generate good-will.
I'm pretty sure people wouldn't object if Tata just upped the price by 15k instead. Yes, some would've grumbled, but they wouldn't have felt as cheated.

Quote:
[*]Toyota downsized their Tires from 17inches to 16inches for the Innova Crysta. Not just the SPARE tire, but ALL tires. Not much hoopla around that, infact, many appreciated Toyota for listening to customer issues and taking action.
Isn't this just a rant ? Doesn't justify, infact its necessary consumers react to anything unfair.

Quote:
Did Toyota give a refund, NO. Did Toyota reduce the car price, NO. But everyone accepted.
The step had a specific purpose. The company's attitude wasn't to under-deliver.

Quote:
For Tata, why so much hue and cry over the spare tire.
Because it seems to have no valid purpose to cite Team-BHP reviews in adverts (where its said the spare is an alloy), then again state "5 Nos 19" Alloys" in the Tax invoice, but then deliver 4.

Just the way the letter curtly says something like "Your product won't be as per Tax Invoice, this communication by us is binding & should be enough to satisfy you", speaks of the sheer insincerity on the company's part.

Whilst I agree that the issue with spare tyre not being an Alloy might not be a major part of the purchase for many, I refuse to downplay it as a "goof-up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
...1. Media cars are not usually production spec - there are minor additions\deletions from the media cars before the model actually hits the showroom. ...

2. Almost all cars now a days comes with different wheel specifications for spares. Again, nothing new or nothing specific to TATA...
On the contrary, media cars are infact usually production spec. Because that is whats projected to the market as the product.

Drawing inaccurate parallels to indicate something as market practice & brushing it aside as a "GOOF-UP", isn't that an attempt to justify ?

Quote:
...IIRC, Maruti did remove a buggy touchscreen unit from one of its models after the media drive (Apologies, if my memory is not correct). Moot point is, it is nothing unusual or specific to TATA. They should have corrected the invoice printing software (assuming it is same across all dealers and is deployed by TATA) and they goofed up here....
A laggy touchscreen is a design inefficiency, it'd cause a detrimental experience to the customer. How is that similar to simply changing spare wheel type from Alloy to Steel ?

Quote:
I think it is more of a goof up...
They're a car company, they're supposed to know better. When they make such an error, it can't be brushed aside. Anyway, such "Goof-ups" may not matter to you, but would leave a bad after-taste for many enthusiasts.

I rest my case. Peace out.
Old 12th February 2017, 20:45   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
If its in the cars that are provided to the media for online reviews (where they recommend people see Team-BHP reviews through adverts), and then specified in the TAX Invoice (viz a legal document of quite some importance).

my case. Peace out.
Could you please provide a link which confirms that the said cars had an alloy as a spare?
Cause i asked a staff today who was present in the Bangalore hexa experience (and is my assigned SA at the dealer). He says no single car had it so, apart from the models which were showcased under the "tuff kits" outside the experience centre entrance.
Old 13th February 2017, 04:39   #1301
BHPian

The ongoing debate about the better MPV between Hexa and Innova Crysta is, IMHO, misplaced. Hexa, especially XT 4x4, is more comparable to Toyota Highlander/Kluger as it is a crossover like the former. Even feature wise - leaving aside the sea difference in engine specs - Hexa is closer to Highlander. Also, the off-road experience of Hexa that I've posted about earlier was inline with youtube videos of Highlander.

With regard to the issue of steel rimmed spare wheel being provided with Hexa, I believe TML should've honoured what they'd mentioned in the invoice even if it was by error. The clarification letter issued by the car dealership is not of much value. The letter should've come directly from TML acknowledging the mistake and apologising for the same. As an alternative to providing alloy rimmed spare wheel, they could've offered some other accessory as a goodwill gesture. Small gestures can go a long way in redeeming blunder situations.
Old 13th February 2017, 06:50   #1302
Sac
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
On the contrary, media cars are infact usually production spec. Because that is whats projected to the market as the product.
The media cars are photographed and videographed so if the vehicle ever got punctured do you expect them to replace it with a steel wheel ?
Sac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 10:52   #1303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, for all who are complaining about the goof-up by Tata Motors regarding the 5th Alloy wheel, lets get some facts clear
  1. TATA indeed goofed up with their invoicing.
  2. Tata Motors never specified that the 5th wheel is an Alloy. Media-drive vehicles are NOT the production-spec vehicles. Tata Motors should have provided this disclaimer (if they did not)
  3. Given whats at stake, Tata Motors could have handled this better. At least, own up their invoicing error and make some counter offer to generate good-will.
  4. Having a smaller sized spare is NOT restricted to Tata Motors. We have a related thread staring 2011 around this - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-wheel-3.html
  5. Toyota downsized their Tires from 17inches to 16inches for the Innova Crysta. Not just the SPARE tire, but ALL tires. Not much hoopla around that, infact, many appreciated Toyota for listening to customer issues and taking action. Did Toyota give a refund, NO. Did Toyota reduce the car price, NO. But everyone accepted. For Tata, why so much hue and cry over the spare tire. Related Thread here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ls-16-a-2.html
Am indeed a Tata Motors fanboy, who owns a 2nd Generation Innova, so have a vested interest in both sides, if you truly ask.
+1 to the above.

As I have written earlier, it is difficult to gain people's trust and establish a Brand. And recent developments show that its equally difficult to lose people's trust and lose brand value. My examples would be Maruti, Toyota, Volkswagen (at the global level). If we don't trust something, we look around for all possible ways to find flaws before we are convinced about a product. On the other hand, if we like/trust a Brand, we can overlook minor (rattles in Maruti, alloys/quality of new Innova) or even major (emission cheat by VW) flaws/defects by such companies. Such is the power of a Brand. Companies which understand the power of a Brand, try their best to establish and preserve it.

Sorry for going OT.

BTW, I have seen a top of the line Audi A8 with super thin spare tyre on steel wheel moving at sub-80 kmph speed on Hyderabad ORR. The car looked ridiculous to say the least. But then, people seldom complain.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 11:45   #1304
BHPian

Well Tata has left everyone confused with this silly mistake. I would always prefer the spare wheel to be similar to other wheels.

I personally do not like the concept of different wheel size. It is fine to provide steel rim vs alloy but that has to be of same size I mean 19'' in XT models of Hexa should have either 19" alloy or steel rim with same tyre specs.

It can be used anytime as a replacement in case puncture or tyre burst and thus rollback step can be avoided thereby saving time and effort in case spare is an alloy. 19 vs 16 is a very big difference in looks I don't think it will even look good whenever it will be deployed.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 12:12   #1305
BHPian

According to this article Tata's have garnered more than 6K bookings for Hexa, That's very impressive
Quote:
Tata Hexa scored 6,000 pre-booking out of which 60 percent were for automatic transmission variants
Source : http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...month/57118421
Visran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks