Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2017, 11:26   #1261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
I own Jan 2015 XUV W8 FWD with 4 alloys & 1 steel rim
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Same goes with most car models. Not just TATA! If there are 4 17" alloys, the spare would be a 16" steel. Any XUV owner who reads this, please correct if wrong!
XUV gets all 17".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
So what happened about the 5th alloy issue. Is it going to be given or not? How can Tata give a 17" spare when rest of the tyres are 19". Isn't that a driving hazard?
Almost all cars get such a setup where spare is a smaller steel with thinner, higher profile tyres. On the spare, they paste a sticker saying max speed 80kmph with this on. Especially since tubeless tyres came in, car can lug around with a punctured tyre for long enough to get to a puncture repair shop. This kind of eliminates the use of the spare wheel and even if it came to use, you can find a puncture repair shop without the need of going beyond 80kmph of speed. I would like the same alloy with the same tyre for the spare wheel of my Fiesta, don't get that, it's fine. Never used yet.
Old 11th February 2017, 12:29   #1262
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hello All,

I have visited the Tata showroom to have a look at Hexa SUV last month and I am really impressed with the looks and interior quality

Pros
1) Hexa has very bold looks. Front, side and rear of the SUV has been designed well
2) Interior quality is top notch and quality of plastic materials used is very soft and premium
3) Top end get an automatic which has highest number of bookings as of now.
4) Alloys looks awesome and 19 inch Tyres looks menacing

Cons:
1) Tata should launch separate showrooms like Maruti did with Nexa and sell this vehicle in separate dealerships

Overall, Tata has recovered well from debacle of Aria and scores full marks in terms of design and packaging the vehicle overall, but it has long way to go to make any noise in this segment

Also, I have made a small video, please watch the walk around and excuse me for my video recording and editing as I am still amateur.

engine_charan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 12:58   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Blood brothers!

Received on WhatsApp.
True! I just realised that the Aria too came with Harman ICE system in the 4x2's top end variants, back since 2013.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-aria-ice.jpg

People ditched it for the second time in 2013, because apart from the "less than satisfactory" ownership reports online, it was again priced unrealistically. (Pic Ctsy : Team-BHP Reviews)

Tata Hexa : Official Review-ariacomparo2.jpg

Just seeing the way Innova resale prices have held up as of date, I'm sure people who went to Toyota are going to have huge confidence in the brand.

With Hexa, Tata really should've done something to boost consumer confidence, and not remain just like some small niche player that could cater to enthusiasts.

Sometimes I guess if Hexa, with new bumpers, headlights, music system & interior colour, can even at most be considered a serious attempt at a refreshed/facelifted Aria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
...Almost all cars get such a setup where spare is a smaller steel with thinner, higher profile tyres. On the spare, they paste a sticker saying max speed 80kmph with this on. Especially since tubeless tyres came in, car can lug around with a punctured tyre for long enough to get to a puncture repair shop. This kind of eliminates the use of the spare wheel and even if it came to use, you can find a puncture repair shop without the need of going beyond 80kmph of speed. I would like the same alloy with the same tyre for the spare wheel of my Fiesta, don't get that, it's fine. Never used yet.
Not really. Tata themselves always recommended a specific wheel rotation pattern since the Safari days.

See, they've shown ALL media cars with the spare wheel as an alloy, even written on the customers bill that it includes 5 19" Alloy wheels. Now they're providing only 4, and people here are justifying it.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 11th February 2017 at 13:00.
WorkingGuru is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 13:16   #1264
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
See, they've shown ALL media cars with the spare wheel as an alloy, even written on the customers bill that it includes 5 19" Alloy wheels. Now they're providing only 4, and people here are justifying it.
Even I am also amazed over the same, why this shouldn't be called cheating or fleecing is over my head.

Any ways, a special thanks to Mr. Gopal, for sharing this piece of information with the fellow enthusiasts. This is the letter that Tata is now sending to customers for covering the goof up or 'cheating' they have done:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-letter.jpg
VKumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 13:28   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
I am not justifying anything! All manufacturers do that. Hyndai, VW, Maruti and Tata too. My father's 2014 Zest had a thinner 14" steel spare wheel while other are all 15" alloys. So its not new for Tata.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 15:27   #1266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
This is the letter that Tata is now sending to customers for covering the goof up or 'cheating' they have done:
Definitely a goof up. Looking at what all other manufacturers are doing, tata is no different. So i would not use the term "cheating". This letter would help owners if they face any problems from insurance claims or any other, as the invoice says something different. Hope the correct invoices are given out from now.
Thanks for sharing the letter. Its good they came out with it. Better late than never!
Old 11th February 2017, 17:17   #1267
BHPian

I just made another trip to Concorde motors to check out the hexa again, confirmed that it comes with 16" steel wheels as spare on the XT models. So the sales guys weren't speaking a different tone and mis-selling. Could just be a mistake , good they've taken this action though.
Old 11th February 2017, 17:18   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I don't think people are not justifying it - they are clarifying why this could have occurred.

If you haven't noticed yet:

1. Media cars are not usually production spec - there are minor additions\deletions from the media cars before the model actually hits the showroom. IIRC, Maruti did remove a buggy touchscreen unit from one of its models after the media drive (Apologies, if my memory is not correct). Moot point is, it is nothing unusual or specific to TATA. They should have corrected the invoice printing software (assuming it is same across all dealers and is deployed by TATA) and they goofed up here.

2. Almost all cars now a days comes with different wheel specifications for spares. Again, nothing new or nothing specific to TATA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Even I am also amazed over the same, why this shouldn't be called cheating or fleecing is over my head.

Any ways, a special thanks to Mr. Gopal, for sharing this piece of information with the fellow enthusiasts. This is the letter that Tata is now sending to customers for covering the goof up or 'cheating' they have done:
I think it is more of a goof up (like some body pointed out earlier in this thread, probably caused by lack of proof reading). I am happy that TATA is sending the clarification to owners since it shows that TATA is listening to what the customers are saying and is acting on that.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 11th February 2017 at 17:20.
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 18:14   #1269
BHPian

We are in the market to buy a comfortable MUV and have been seriously considering Innova Crysta top end auto. However, after having multiple test drives of Hexa and examining the fit and finish, ride quality, NVH etc, we are increasingly getting confused.. would it be wise to put our faith on TATA and take the plunge with HEXA XTA or stick to Crysta 2.8Z while shelling out an additional 4L.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 11th February 2017, 18:36   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
We are in the market to buy a comfortable MUV and have been seriously considering Innova Crysta top end auto. However, after having multiple test drives of Hexa and examining the fit and finish, ride quality, NVH etc, we are increasingly getting confused..
I would recommend putting your money on TATA.Considering the amount of effort put by TATA the product should be a decent sucess . (5000 bookings in 2 months is a proof that market has slowly started accepting the brand) plus you end up saving 4 lacs initially which can be better spend elsewhere.
praveen_n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 18:40   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
We are in the market to buy a comfortable MUV and have been seriously considering Innova Crysta top end auto. However, after having multiple test drives of Hexa and examining the fit and finish, ride quality, NVH etc, we are increasingly getting confused.. would it be wise to put our faith on TATA and take the plunge with HEXA XTA or stick to Crysta 2.8Z while shelling out an additional 4L.
Since your main point of concern is reliably, quality and faith on brand, would suggest you to go a few pages back and read posts where owners of TATA cars have shared their opinions of long term ownership.
Every brand's aim is to improve in service and quality and they do take steps towards it. TATA has come a long way from the indicas and sumos.

From personal experience, the quality of service and attention a customer gets in the showroom is way better than what is given in Toyota or ford. It may vary from one showroom/service centre to another though.

Coming to the product itself, why someone should pay 4 to 5lakhs more for a car with inferior ride quality is beyond me. Materials used for the cabin may be better in crysta but I somehow loved the solid build of hexa. If someone values the brand, wants high resale (though initial cost is way more, i don't see how resale matters in this scenario), and the person likes innova's looks, then he can pay that 5 lakhs extra. Also, to move huge appliances in the boot as pointed by someone!

But, if you want a comfortable ride with better looks and utilities, hexa it is..
Well, I somehow do not like the crysta, so forgive me if it seems like a biased post!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 11th February 2017 at 18:42.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 19:44   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honestly, I would recommend the Innova Crysta as it is a substantial improvement over the old Innova. If you can afford the top end variant just got for it. It is infinitely more reliable, will run for years even if you dont stick to the recommended service schedule (not recommended but just goes to show how reliable the product is) as I have personally experienced, service experience is much better, and the resale value is much much better. I understand that you will be paying a lot for the car, but if you want to keep the car for nearly a decade to come and then sell it, it will more than make up for its price difference when it comes to resale. The Hexa is a mojor improvement, but is still based on an old platform which comes with its inherent chinks in its armor, like the ergonomically poor door pockets and front armrests, relatively less accomplished drive-train etc. so I would not call the Hexa a new generation product compared to the Aria just a major refresh. At the end of the day, test both out and go for whichever you feel like.

Quote:
From personal experience, the quality of service and attention a customer gets in the showroom is way better than what is given in Toyota or ford. It may vary from one showroom/service centre to another though.
Obviously going by number of reports against the service quality on this forum, many others and even consumer reports, you cannot make a generic statement like that. You ought to be changing it to "xyz Tata ASC is better" because across the country Toyota dealerships and service centers operate flawlessly and that is one of the major pillars involved in building the Toyota brand.

Quote:
Coming to the product itself, why someone should pay 4 to 5lakhs more for a car with inferior ride quality is beyond me. Materials used for the cabin may be better in crysta but I somehow loved the solid build of hexa. If someone values the brand, wants high resale (though initial cost is way more, i don't see how resale matters in this scenario), and the person likes innova's looks, then he can pay that 5 lakhs extra. Also, to move huge appliances in the boot as pointed by someone!

But, if you want a comfortable ride with better looks and utilities, hexa it is..
Well, I somehow do not like the crysta, so forgive me if it seems like a biased post!
What you might lose slightly in terms of ride quality, is offset by better body control and handling (which is a good thing to have especially when travelling between citys on the highways), better interiors, well sorted ergonomics, and a much better drivetrain. Also, if one were to keep the car for a long period of time, which most buyers in this segment do, the 5 lakh difference is decreased immensely by cost of ownership and resale value and could even be offset.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 11th February 2017 at 19:46.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 20:25   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Obviously going by number of reports against the service quality on this forum, many others and even consumer reports, you cannot make a generic statement like that. You ought to be changing it to "xyz Tata ASC is better" because across the country Toyota dealerships and service centers operate flawlessly and that is one of the major pillars involved in building the Toyota brand.
Agree with you. That's why i said in the next sentence that it may vary from showroom to showroom.
Old 11th February 2017, 20:50   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I understand that you will be paying a lot for the car, but if you want to keep the car for nearly a decade to come and then sell it, it will more than make up for its price difference when it comes to resale. The Hexa is a mojor improvement, but is still based on an old platform which comes with its inherent chinks in its armor, like the ergonomically poor door pockets and front armrests, relatively less accomplished drive-train etc.

What you might lose slightly in terms of ride quality, is offset by better body control and handling (which is a good thing to have especially when travelling between citys on the highways), better interiors, well sorted ergonomics, and a much better drivetrain. Also, if one were to keep the car for a long period of time, which most buyers in this segment do, the 5 lakh difference is decreased immensely by cost of ownership and resale value and could even be offset.
In Delhi and NCR, the life of any Diesel car is 10 years. So, it makes a lot of sense to save those 5 lacs.
How is Hexa platform an old one and how it has less accomplished drive train? Anyways, people say wait for some time as it is TATA; others will say it an old platform.
I can't say that Crysta has better handling or better interiors. It, however, has far better brand and apparently better service experience. I personally would prefer lesser visit to service station with not so good experience than going there every now and then to experience their hospitality.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2017, 21:15   #1275
BHPian

Quote:
What you might lose slightly in terms of ride quality, is offset by better body control and handling (which is a good thing to have especially when travelling between citys on the highways), better interiors, well sorted ergonomics, and a much better drivetrain.
Both are MUV's .Not much difference in terms of handling or even body roll.Interiors seem to be better on HEXA. I was in Bangalore last week and the ride from airport was a new crysta which had covered only around 4000 kms and there were already rattles .As per the driver the qaulity of old innova was much better .As for the engine i believe the current innova may not last as the old one (atleast on petrol versions outside india this is the case)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks