Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2017, 17:17   #2011
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I checked with my friend on XT 4x4 and he has driven around 1400 km and getting mileage of around 14.3 in mixed driving so i think that's not a concern.

Regarding power he is saying enough on tap at auto mode better than storme .
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 17:28   #2012
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Can you elaborate more on this? I mean is there anything specific apart from super light foot on accelerator pedal.
Its not about just being super light on the A pedal. You learn how to play with it. There are times when you need to press the accelerator to make the vehicle downshift. Also, getting off the gas will not slow the vehicle down much as it will try to shift to a higher gear instead of holding it and providing engine braking. You will learn with experience exactly how much accelerator input is needed to make it downshift one gear or two gears. And also when to let off the pedal when you anticipate the car has to slow down.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 18:10   #2013
BHPian

Tata Hexa value perception would increase after new SUV launches this year!

Usually a new launch of a capable vehicle adversely impacts the sale in its category but, my humble prediction is, with launches of Compass, Kodiaq and Tiguan the sale of Tata Hexa would increase by handsome number.

The reasons behind the logic are:

1. People will understand that Hexa is a great value by providing true SUV qualities at much lower price. However, these competitors' overall qualities are definitely a lot to write about, but focus on what Hexa gives for the price while trying to minimise the shortcomings in the long run.

2. These foreign brands cannot match the reach and after-sales capabilities of Indian SUVs.

3. Maintenance cost, both regular and break-down would be much lower in favour of Tata (for around last six months there is no such news of any significant failure of Hexa, thanks God!)

So, along with XUV 500, Hexa would surely going to prove its mettle once people will see that real SUVs (not pseudo one so called compact SUVs) really cost in many ways! Want to see Hexa as a people's SUV with aspiration of a true SUV to conquer new places.

Hope Tata may be little more agile to take care of the following:

1. Keep eyes and ears close to customers' feedback (both existing, lost, competitors' and potential customers)

2. Act fast on the above feedback to bring appropriate changes on timely basis (am I asking more if I wish for effective (not cosmetic only) change cycle of 6 to 9 months in place of 1 year or so)

3. Keep bringing surprises and adding wow factors.

4. Harness technological and marketing capabilities of Jaguar Land Rover!

All the best Hexa!
Old 17th May 2017, 21:36   #2014
BHPian

A big thanks one and all here on team-bhp who influenced me and yesterday me and my dad took the plunge and have booked XTA Arizona Blue 6 seater variant. Waiting period seems 4 weeks for now but dealer has assured quick delivery.

He is quoting insurance at 82k
Any tips on this is welcome. Dealer has given us a option to lower the insurance quote. He even said I can take it from outside. Any good insurance quotes is welcome.

Accessories that I want are side steps which is priced at 16.5k. Is this is a good price or should I opt for it outside?

Dealer has quoted under body coating at 3k and engine protection at 1200. I feel I can look for options like 3m outside. Any good 3m shops in bangalore or hyderabad would be obliged to know. Good day to all. Cheers
Old 17th May 2017, 23:25   #2015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
He is quoting insurance at 82k
Any tips on this is welcome. Dealer has given us a option to lower the insurance quote. He even said I can take it from outside. Any good insurance quotes is welcome.

This is a quote I had from Royal Sundaram for my enquiry. You can also try policybazaar.com &
policybachat.com

Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your interest in Royal Sundaram Car Insurance

If you are interested you can purchase the policy on-line itself within 5 mins

Please click here to purchase https://www.royalsundaram.in/

You can dial us to 044-7117-7117 and my extension number 6498

Zero Depr.( Bumper to Bumper) Policy:-

For all rubber/nylon/plastic parts, tyres and tubes, batteries, air bags, painting ,denting, metal parts, nuts and bolts, for , fiber , glass components, for all parts made of glass and all parts which is fitted from car company side itself covers 100%.

Consumable parts also cover 100%

About Zero Dep :

>Unlimited claims no limitation within validity period

> In bumper to bumper policy "nut and bolt " will be covered due to accident and natural calamity

> You will get cashless service all over in India in any authorized service centers.

> Road Assistance Kit available only for the online customers and no need for documentation and verification.

The quote is inclusive of 2 lakhs coverage for owner/ driver.

7.5 lakhs coverage for third party property damage

Unlimited claims for accident death or injury for third party

MODEL
HEXAXTA4X2M
T
Zone A
THANE

IDV

Tariff Rate
3.34%

Tariff Premium
55,450/-

Basic Premium (50% discount)
27,725/-

Add on Cover Zero dep
10,782/-

TPPD

Owner\driver

Dervice tax

Premium Amount
51,487/-

If you are interested you can purchase the policy on-line itself .
You can buy the policy within minutes on-line using any master or visa debit or credit card .

You will receive the soft copy of the policy immediately after purchase to your mail id which is digitally signed.

Hard copy and Road assistance kit will be despatched within 10 working days.

VALUE ADDED SERVICES

We provide Road side assistance My TVS kit for our on-line customers which includes the following features free of cost.

24x7 roadside assistance* (free service)
- Emergency Towing assistance
- Repair on the spot
- Flat tyre service
- Pickup of the vehicle in case of driver disability
- Emergency fuel delivery
- Vehicle Repatriation
- Legal Assistance
- Vehicle key service
- Assisting accommodation

Please chat with our RS Chat representative in case you have any queries regarding your car insurance or you can also reply to this mail so that we can get in touch with you
Request you to come on-line and complete the transaction. We will be glad to have you as our customer. Assuring you of our best services at all times.
https://www.royalsundaram.in/web/dtc...itionaldetails
Thanks & Regards....?
ANUSHA.Y

Ph: 044-7117-7117
Extn: 6498
Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Ltd.
www.royalsundaram.in.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2017 at 13:02. Reason: Formatting post / quote
su_spatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 08:06   #2016
BANNED

Quote:
A big thanks one and all here on team-bhp who influenced me and yesterday me and my dad took the plunge and have booked XTA Arizona Blue 6 seater variant. Waiting period seems 4 weeks for now but dealer has assured quick delivery.
Congratulations Vikvkv. I am sure you will not regret the plunge Which dealership did you go with? I remember you mentioning bad experience with your local dealer in Gulbarga? How was the booking and TD experience this time around?

Quote:
Accessories that I want are side steps which is priced at 16.5k. Is this is a good price or should I opt for it outside?
Other brands such as M-Tek are available for much lower price (6-8K) but I am not sure if the fit and finish will be as good. My suggestion is try to get some more discount and bring it down to sub 15K and it should be worth it.

Quote:
Dealer has quoted under body coating at 3k and engine protection at 1200. I feel I can look for options like 3m outside. Any good 3m shops in bangalore or hyderabad would be obliged to know. Good day to all. Cheers
Underbody coating at 3K for a car like Hexa is cheap IMO. What is the warranty offered for the coating? If it is 5 years then please go ahead with it. You may want to check which material they are using - it should be either 3M or Wurth.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:09   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
This is a quote I had from Royal Sundaram for my enquiry. You can also try

End quote
Sir thank you posting the entire insurance quote and I appreciate that. 82k for hexa seems outrageous to me. One of my friend who got a Hyundai SANTA FE was offered a similar quote but it costs almost 15-18 lacs of rupees more than hexa.
Seems like I have to check policies on policy bazaar.
Old 18th May 2017, 09:23   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
......Underbody coating at 3K for a car like Hexa is cheap IMO. What is the warranty offered for the coating? If it is 5 years then please go ahead with it. You may want to check which material they are using - it should be either 3M or Wurth.
Yes this seems like a good option and I will definitely enquire about this as to which brand they use. But is under body coating necessary for a new car?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th May 2017 at 09:27. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability
Old 18th May 2017, 10:05   #2019
Distinguished - BHPian

A better, all-round look at the Hexa XE, powered by the 320Nm version of the 2.2L Dicor.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image5.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image6.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image7.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image8.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image9.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image10.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image11.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image12.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image13.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image14.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image15.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image16.jpg

Pics courtesy Saravanan Sundaram.

Upcoming Hexa Experience Centers:

1. Chandigarh - 20th to 21st May (Exhibition Ground- Sector 34 B, Opposite Furniture Market)
2. Pune - 20th to 21st May (AISSMS Ground, Sangamwadi)
3. Ludhiana - 3rd to 4th June
4. Surat - 3rd to 4th June
5. Ahmedabad - 10th to 11th June
6. Jaipur - 17th to 18th June
7. Indore - 17th to 18th June
8. Lucknow - 24th to 25th June
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 10:53   #2020
BANNED

Quote:
But is under body coating necessary for a new car?
I would say it is essential only if you frequently travel to coastal areas or regularly park your car in a place that has more moisture or regularly wash the under-body of the car with hard water.
Old 18th May 2017, 13:20   #2021
Senior - BHPian

This is our Tata Hexa XTA Pearl White 6 Seater bought it on April 20th and have driven it for 3100kms till date and loving it -

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170518-13.16.491.jpeg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20170518-13.16.49.jpeg
gowda79 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:20   #2022
BHPian

I got a chance to sit in the middle bench of a Hexa XT 7 seater yesterday. Some observations:

+ Ride quality is excellent on truly broken roads (Maan Gaon road in Hinjewadi IT park, Pune).
+ Ambience inside the cabin is truly premium and exceptional. No way I'll ever consider Innova after this experience.
+ Build quality is top notch. Better than Innvova for sure.
+ It does not feel like a 20 lakh product, but more like a 30-35 lac one. One feels one got a lot more for the price. Definitely VFM if one considers the cost of a puny Creta and the Tucson. Not to mention the Innova.
+ On normal tarmac, you feel as if you are floating. Haven't experienced such plush ride quality before. But then, haven't ever sat in a Land Rover before either. Not until yesterday.
+ Oh, the gorgeous wheels. Sweet dreams, owners must be having.
+ NVH is pretty much non-existent, even on the manual! I could imagine how refined the auto would be!
+ You cannot help but admire the car after you get out. Definitely a more desirable car overall than the Innova. Saves some cash for that retirement fund too!

- Disembarking from the vehicle is just plain uncomfortable. I almost fell out of the middle row on-to the ground. Practice shall make owners perfect at getting out of the vehicle. :P
- One look at those gorgeous wheels and you know it's not going to be easy to shell out lakhs for the tyres. And god forbid if something happens to an alloy!
- Headlamps are good looking from the outside, which is kinda pointless, as the overall illumination from the halogen projectors is average. Tata, get bi-xenons/LEDs in the facelift please - but don't increase the cost by a lac just for better headlights (are you listening, VW!?)
- The rear bench's recline angle was too far back. It was uncomfortable. I had to sit reclined if I wanted the support of the head-rest. Could not figure out if it can be changed. It was dark and I could not feel any lever at the side of the right side seat.

Verdict: I'll be in the market for a people-carrier in 2021. And a next-generation Tata Hexa is what I'll be buying. No thank you, Toyota. But I'd rather not splurge money on your overpriced and oh-so-reliable products.

Last edited by AbhisheKulkarni : 18th May 2017 at 13:29.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:40   #2023
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
This is our Tata Hexa XTA Pearl White 6 Seater bought it on April 20th and have driven it for 3100kms till date and loving it -
By any chance were you in Goa on 29th April? Me and bhpian 599gto were around Panaji and we saw a KA registered white Hexa XTA with Rhino Rack at Dona Paula parking lot on 29th April sometime during the afternoon. I don't remember the exact registration number though.
Old 18th May 2017, 13:43   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
By any chance were you in Goa on 29th April? Me and bhpian 599gto were around Panaji and we saw a KA registered white Hexa XTA with Rhino Rack at Dona Paula parking lot on 29th April sometime during the afternoon. I don't remember the exact registration number though.
Yes we were there and we left Goa on 30th April back to Bangalore from Calangute...
Old 18th May 2017, 13:48   #2025
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Yes we were there and we left Goa on 30th April back to Bangalore from Calangute...
Wow small world !

We could have met, I was looking for a Team-Bhp sticker on the Hexa but couldn't find any. But one look at the Rhino Rack and I was sure this belongs to an enthusiast.
//M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks