Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2017, 18:48   #2131
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
Anuruddhs - thanks much for your views. Yes, I agree with you that such a big car must be a breeze in city traffic. How has your experience in highways been? Are you not missing the driving modes that MT has or the Sports mode is offsetting that?
I had two highway trips in 3000 Km run so far which account for 1500 KM run and first one was 1000 Km and almost 95% on cruise so you don't use anything really other than steering ( kanpur- Noida ). In Recent highway journey I did not use cruise at all and when ever there was rush to overtake sports mode was pretty much enough and anyway Hexa XTA has better 0-100 acceleration compare to XT even in normal mode.
Old 6th June 2017, 19:13   #2132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How has your experience in highways been? Are you not missing the driving modes that MT has or the Sports mode is offsetting that?
Normal D mode is more then enough for cruising along on the highways. Gearbox is very responsive and will immediately downshift when the press the A pedal to overtake. If you are in a tearing hurry, you can always switch to S mode. Pickup and response increases in a big way and the Hexa moves in a way you really wont expect a vehicle this gargantuan possibly can. Great fun.
Old 6th June 2017, 20:05   #2133
BHPian

@Shreyans_Jain @ anuruddhs thanks for inspiring confidence in the AT version very helpful. Looks like automatic it is.
Old 6th June 2017, 20:30   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
@KK, XTA is better suited for your usage pattern. IMHO, the missing safety features will only make you that much more careful on those occasional highway runs, to not try and achieve/do anything near the limit, that an XT (with all features) is capable off. Always prefer to be safe on our unpredictable highways.

I don't mean to undermine the XT ( and owners) in any way, my suggestion is purely based on your usage pattern. Mine is the same and I drive the Storme 400 (same engine/GB combo) and do miss an automatic in the city runs.

Thanks so much Avinash. I clearly get your point and very rightly said. Given all my long drives will be with my family and with a 2 year old in the car seat, I'm definitely not going to even dare to see what the limit could be.

I also saw a video on what kind of basic off-roading (read as very bad roads) an AT version can do. That probably should fit my bill. I drive a Figo today with upgraded bigger tyres and alloys and have found it very reliable even at high speeds so an XTA is definitely a super upgrade in terms of safety.

Last edited by Aditya : 7th June 2017 at 07:27. Reason: Mention of overspeeding
Old 6th June 2017, 23:12   #2135
BHPian

I have one query to fellow XT or XTA owners, in review it has been shown that reverse camera has guidelines but in my car its not showing up. Second one is that what you hear from rear bass speaker from boot just bass or some voice also.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexa26.jpg  

Old 7th June 2017, 00:10   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
I have one query to fellow XT or XTA owners, in review it has been shown that reverse camera has guidelines but in my car its not showing up. Second one is that what you hear from rear bass speaker from boot just bass or some voice also.
Woofers enhance the lower frequency part of an audio. That said, it is normal to hear other parts of the audio if you go real close. But its mainly these lower frequency bits that you hear.
If there was a feature to select crossover (threshold point where signals are split and distributed to the speakers and the woofer), it would have been great!
The current settings gives you only a limited number of options to play with.

Regarding guidelines, i did not understand your query. The green, red and yellow lines are dynamic and shift according to your steering inputs with the colours describing how near an object is.
Not sure if that picture is put up for reference or if its an actual image from your car display.
If its the former, and you are having trouble seeing the guidelines, would suggest you to contact TASS.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 7th June 2017 at 00:13.
Old 7th June 2017, 07:08   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
I have one query to fellow XT or XTA owners, in review it has been shown that reverse camera has guidelines but in my car its not showing up.
From what the Sales guys told me, for whatever reason, the XT has dynamic guidelines and the XTA has static lines.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:13   #2138
BHPian

This picture was from team-bhp official review which shows dynamic guidelines , so it must be from XT while mine in XTA so it has static guidelines. Now it make sense why I don't see dynamic guidelines .
Old 7th June 2017, 12:13   #2139
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks so much Avinash. I clearly get your point and very rightly said.
Glad to be off help KK All the very best with your purchase and wish you many happy miles; do post a pic (or two), along with your feedback when you get the car!

Quote:
I drive a Figo today with upgraded bigger tyres and alloys and have found it very reliable even at high speeds so an XTA is definitely a super upgrade in terms of safety.
Cool; I used to drive a Ritz for 6 yrs, similar usage pattern, before I upgraded to the Storme last year. Car to car, the only additional safety feature in the Storme was an airbag(s). But then I made peace with it as Safari was a childhood fascination! All those years also helped me learn to handle the inherent limitations (read being safe/defensive on road) of driving top-heavy/higher-CG cars, which I am now able to apply in case of Storme. However, other aspects like weight/power/torque/size etc., which changes significantly in an upgrade, still have to be learnt; so lease allow yourself ample time learning the new car. Best part is, that's exactly what us petrol-heads crave for!!
Old 7th June 2017, 19:37   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
This picture was from team-bhp official review which shows dynamic guidelines , so it must be from XT while mine in XTA so it has static guidelines. Now it make sense why I don't see dynamic guidelines .

What? Really? But why on earth wouldn't the AT come with dynamic guidelines? I just don't understand this. XTA being top of the trim is being stripped off features - first I got to know about safety and now this!
Old 7th June 2017, 20:33   #2141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
From what the Sales guys told me, for whatever reason, the XT has dynamic guidelines and the XTA has static lines.
This is absolutely ridiculous on the part of tata. XTA being top of the line model is stripped off basic kit. To me XT variant looks price worthy because it has all the bells and whistles.
Old 7th June 2017, 21:25   #2142
BHPian

One more thing mentioned in Hexa official review:

Window & ORVM controls here. All windows get one-touch down functionality; only driver gets one-touch up. All buttons are backlit in white. The topmost button is to fold the wing mirrors:

I don't have one touch up in XTA on any window and neither brochure mentions about it. Does anyone has seen in Hexa.
Old 7th June 2017, 21:33   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
This is absolutely ridiculous on the part of tata. XTA being top of the line model is stripped off basic kit. To me XT variant looks price worthy because it has all the bells and whistles.

True. The XTA misses some features of the XT. However, it has what really matters - the driving pleasure. It is way too much better than the XT. XT itself is great, but the XTA is in a different class altogether. If Tata would have given the XTA a few more of the features of the XT, I'm sure very few would have bothered with the XT. XTA is definitely the car to drive. As has been opined by many on this forum, if the drive is mostly on road, XTA is ideal. For the offroading afficionados nothing can beat the XT. Mind you, with the power and GC that it has, the XTA also can do some offroading. Personally, I can live without many of the bells and whistles of the XT when compared with what the XTA gives. The long reach to the gear stick and lack of a dead pedal also go against the XT. It is a tough choice. :-)
Old 7th June 2017, 22:43   #2144
BHPian

Absolutely ridiculous product planning by Tata. While I agree to the fact that the AT is world class, just stripping it off such small yet important features which otherwise is available in XT is some serious convoluted thinking in the planning room.

Makes a potential AT buyer think if he is really buying top of the trim.
Old 7th June 2017, 22:53   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Glad to be off help KK
====
Best part is, that's exactly what us petrol-heads crave for!!

Thank you Avinash. Will keep you posted as and when I make a decision. Some new feature related revelations are coming up for the XTA - let me see if I can convince myself on those.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks