Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 23:18   #2176
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifebuoy View Post
The HEXAs window control stalks and functionality are ditto from the ARIA. All four windows have one-touch down in the ARIA, none have one touch up, (Even in the base version) hence the warning. IMO, since the up is manually controlled, where's the requirement of a warning ?
Auto-up is invariably accompanied by anti-pinch feature. Otherwise, it is a safety hazard. That warning in the manual states the possibility of body parts being caught in the power window, thereby indicating lack of anti pinch feature. This is what points to no one touch up.

Actually, it was the mention of one touch up for the driver's window in the TeamBHP review that was causing confusion. This has now been corrected.
Old 14th June 2017, 23:57   #2177
BHPian

Hello. A very congratulations to the Hexa owners. Are there any Hexa owners from Pune? From past many days I wanted to spot Hexa randomly but I didnt spot any Hexa. I saw one Hexa on my way to Pune from Solapur. I was looking for an AT and Hexa is really very tempting.
When you think or plan to buy any car then from that point of time you see that car many times on road. But haven't been able to see Hexa. In 2015 I was to buy Innova or Pajero. I checked the on road price on an app and to see the on road price I had to give my mobile number. After filing the details within one hour I received call from DSK toyota and Pethkar Mitsubishi. Still I am waiting for a call from the dealer of Hexa.
I wanted to know the experience of Hexa owners driving the car in city, parking etc. How they feel?
Old 15th June 2017, 07:38   #2178
Senior - BHPian

Seen a few Hexas so far in Coimbatore, mostly blue, one gold. Yesterday, I got to see one in white squeeze through traffic and go one vehicle in front of me at the lights.

At the green, the vehicle just rocketed off and by the time I got to the next traffic lights, he was 300m ahead, nowhere to be seen after that. The first time I have seen someone drive a Hexa enthusiastically​ in peak traffic and manoeuvre through with ease. It was a lower end model with a different alloy wheel and a larger sidewall.
Old 15th June 2017, 10:40   #2179
BHPian

Overdrive Comparison: 2017 Jeep Compass vs Hyundai Tucson vs Tata Hexa

http://overdrive.in/reviews/comparis...ta-hexa/?all=1
Jyodi Backster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 15:44   #2180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
At the green, the vehicle just rocketed off and by the time I got to the next traffic lights, he was 300m ahead, nowhere to be seen after that.
It might have been the Mid automatic, XMA version. Which has a 'Race car Mode' , discussed earlier where the TATA diesel revs to 4000 odd rpm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
'Race car' mode works only in sports mode. There is no button to activate it - simply use the accelerator pedal very aggressively. The transmission's ECU detects this and switches the logic to a state even more dynamic. In race car mode, the engine will hit the redline in every gear! It even downshifts harder. We saw the gearbox downshifting at 3,400 rpm, which translated to a resultant 4,000 rpm in the lower gear! When have you seen a diesel AT doing that?! Race car mode will stay engaged as long as your right foot is heavy. Ease off the accelerator pedal and it gets deactivated after a few seconds, with the Hexa returning to regular sport mode. This was by far the most fun we had in the Hexa.
Old 15th June 2017, 16:05   #2181
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
Overdrive Comparison: 2017 Jeep Compass vs Hyundai Tucson vs Tata Hexa
http://overdrive.in/reviews/comparis...ta-hexa/?all=1
It's like giving three choices and asking you to pick the odd one out!
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2017, 09:37   #2182
jpm
BHPian

Am looking for a family car and really wanted to check out the Hexa in person. Managed to convince my dad and brother, who were sceptical about two million for a Tata, to at least give it a fair consideration.

But my luck, apparently no demo car available in my local dealership here at Thanjavur, TN and they dont expect one till next month.
Old 16th June 2017, 10:45   #2183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Am looking for a family car and really wanted to check out the Hexa in person. Managed to convince my dad and brother, who were sceptical about two million for a Tata, to at least give it a fair consideration.

But my luck, apparently no demo car available in my local dealership here at Thanjavur, TN and they dont expect one till next month.

Correct me if I'm wrong thanjavur is 165 kms from pondicherry why don't you check out hexa there.
Old 16th June 2017, 11:27   #2184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
apparently no demo car available in my local dealership here at Thanjavur, TN
Just tweet to Tata Motors. They will take care of the rest.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 14:31   #2185
BHPian

There is an excellent review of the XTA which has 22000+ KM on the odo, in Financial Express.

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...e-hexa/722112/

This is the second outstanding long term report I am seeing on a Tata car. The first one was of the Tiago in Motoroids. If Tata continues to produce such quality and reliability, they will have a podium finish, sooner than later.
Enobarbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 15:31   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post
There is an excellent review of the XTA which has 22000+ KM on the odo, in Financial Express.
would be interesting to see how the car behaves post 75K on the ODO. I had a TATA which i used until 120K( 5yrs) but had really bad experience post the car had done 80K.

I really hope that Tata has bettered this and a INR 20 Lakh vehicle will hold itself well for atleast 150K like the reliable innova does.

statement from the review "It had gone through the hands of multiple journalists, each of whom pushed it to the limit in terms of acceleration, handling, braking and many other parameters. These 22,000 + km in my opinion were equivalent to around 70,000 to 80,000 km of wear and tear on a normal single-hand driven vehicle. Despite this, the Hexa never failed to impress on all the conditions I put it through."

Hope this comes true and we have an Indian car which can compete with global players

Last edited by ShaileshHinge : 17th June 2017 at 15:34. Reason: adding quote from the review
ShaileshHinge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2017, 19:50   #2187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enobarbus View Post

http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...e-hexa/722112/

This is the second outstanding long term report I am seeing on a Tata car. The first one was of the Tiago in Motoroids. If Tata continues to produce such quality and reliability, they will have a podium finish, sooner than later.

This is outstanding to note. Very confidence inspiring to see such a build out from Tata. If it can gracefully age like what the review says, we have a strong global contender at home - makes us all proud too 🙂
Old 18th June 2017, 01:31   #2188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaileshHinge View Post
would be interesting to see how the car behaves post 75K on the ODO. I had a TATA which i used until 120K( 5yrs) but had really bad experience post the car had done 80K.

I really hope that Tata has bettered this and a INR 20 Lakh vehicle will hold itself well for atleast 150K like the reliable innova does.
I understand where you are coming from. It is one thing for a vehicle to do 20-30k km without any trouble. But if the buyer is just as happy after 60-70k km as well, that's what you really want. When you buy a vehicle as expensive as the Hexa, you expect it to age well. You expect all parts to be of a minimum quality and and last for a reasonably long distance without giving any trouble.

Tata may have lagged in this area earlier on, but the Hexa has an air of solidity and quality about itself that is not common nowadays. It is also backed by full fledged maintenance packs for 1L km along with 1.5L km warranty. Plus, there have been absolutely no reports of any failures or major issues of any kind at all. Everything points to a trouble free ownership experience.

At the same time, just like it will be wrong to write off all Tata cars for their history or past baggage, it will be a massive generalization to hail any car as a champion of reliability based on its previous iteration(s). I have a diesel City that has done 70k km. It is falling apart. I mean, truly hopeless quality. I had bought it on its image and reputation, and it has turned out to be a massive blunder. Similarly, going through the Innova Crysta niggles thread gives me a sense of deja-vu. If so many issues are being reported on a community as limited as TBHP, I shudder to think about the actual extent of problems given the sheer volumes it does.

Let's judge a car for what it actually is. Not what it's previous generations were.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 18th June 2017 at 01:32.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 09:57   #2189
Senior - BHPian

The all-women XPD2470 group from Coimbatore recently finished their 70 day journey across 24 countries in varying road and weather conditions (incl a snow blizzard) on their Hexa. The journey was approximately 20000 km (slightly more) and they were all praise for the vehicle.

Absolutely no mechanical problems encountered or any other whatsoever. I hope to meet them some time and will try to get more inputs on the performance.
discoverwild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2017, 10:21   #2190

Gentlemen the entire world and community in trying to bring about a paradigm shift and embrace environmental consciousness. With the advent of purely electric cars and growing charisma of the likes of TESLA, I strongly believe that a change is imminent.

The Govt. of India is planning relentlessly to adopt renewable sources of energy and has declared a vision which would see an all electric fleet of vehicles in India by the year 2030. The various environmental MOUs and meets also suggest a general consensus towards the very idea of lessening and ultimately eradicating the usage of fossil fuels. TESLA has proven vehemently that electric cars are possible and extremely viable. We might see a flash desire for owning and using electric cars in the next 5 to 10 years. An explosive demand, much like mobile phones when it was first launched. Initially mobiles were quite expensive and carriers were limited, while demand grew exponentially, so did research and development on the product and look what is on offer today. Unbreakable Micromax phone with free calling and a battery which lasts two days is just metaphorical!

The point of the above rambling is basically a realisation that has been dawning upon me ever since I bought the Hexa a month back. Are we perhaps the last generation of SUV owners per say, who are going to revel in the amazement of a powerful diesel fuelled mammoth of an engine? Come 2030, TATA might be launching an e-Hexa with a battery pack which gives a range of 600 kms and offers 400 Nm of Torque. Just a thought. I feel we must make most of what we have today as the future will arrive sooner than we think. I am an ardent environmentalist and I hope the electric car revolution does sweep us all. Let us enjoy our fuel guzzlers in the meanwhile as we are on thr threshold of a very important change that human history has ever experienced.
arijitd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks