Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2017, 10:50   #2191
Senior - BHPian

The savings or discount is the insurance and not the base price of the Hexa. If you use your no claim bonus, you will get the same insurance for half or slightly more, not the exhorbitant 97k quoted by the dealer.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th June 2017 at 07:09. Reason: Spacing
Old 18th June 2017, 11:15   #2192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
The savings or discount is the insurance and not the base price of the Hexa. If you use your no claim bonus, you will get the same insurance for half or slightly more, not the exhorbitant 97k quoted by the dealer.
Exactly. There is absolutely no discount on the vehicle's price. It is the discount on the insurance, reason being, most owners are opting for cheaper options.
It would be a blunder if TATA reduces price of Hexa at this early stage and would send out a very negative message to both the owners and potential buyers.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th June 2017 at 07:10. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 18th June 2017, 11:19   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
Gentlemen the entire world and community in trying to bring about a paradigm shift and embrace environmental consciousness. With the advent of purely electric cars and growing charisma of the likes of TESLA, I strongly believe that a change is imminent.
I agree with you. We may really be the last generation to drive around in big burly guzzlers. Electric cars are the future. However, 2030 may be a little early. On the other hand, technological developments do come at a sweeping pace at times.

Although I too love SUVs and long drives, I am still fully in favour of the electric car future. We already have damaged the environmental far too much, may be even beyond the point of no return. So the sooner the better, if we want to give our next generation a liveable environment.

Last edited by ampere : 19th June 2017 at 21:19. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 18th June 2017, 18:03   #2194

Please follow the two articles below to get an idea of what the government is planning.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.times...w/58441171.cms

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.econo...w/51551706.cms
Old 18th June 2017, 23:27   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
Please follow the two articles below to get an idea of what the government is planning.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.times...w/58441171.cms

https://www.google.co.in/amp/m.econo...w/51551706.cms
Reading this I have just one reaction: lol

I mean, come on Mr. Babus, India is still a long way off from getting electricity to every home in the country & we are aiming for 100% e-vehicles.
I mean, I understand if they would've aimed for hybrid technology, but this, imo is an over ambitious target.

Guess who will be the big losers due to this knee jerk decision making, us, who would buy a diesel (who knows petrol too) vehicle today only to find it obsolete in a decade. Sigh.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 00:20   #2196

In my humble opinion, I think you should watch the documentary called Before The Flood. It will introduce you to environmental threats and facts of our present times. We are killing our own planet bit by bit with the carbon footprint we leave behind. If E vehicles do become a reality by 2030 in India, we should rejoice and celebrate rather than sulk about it.

Electricity in every home is a rapidly engaging reality as of today. Many rural areas and unheard of villages have resorted to solar power and many more dark regions are steadily converting too. Google would be an interesting place to start reading up on those facts.

I was also ignorant to such realities. Much of my perception has changed since I started understanding and taking interest in environmental matters. Do watch the documentary, its good.
arijitd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 09:43   #2197
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post

I mean, come on Mr. Babus, India is still a long way off from getting electricity to every home in the country & we are aiming for 100% e-vehicles.
I mean, I understand if they would've aimed for hybrid technology, but this, imo is an over ambitious target.
I dont find this just govt promise and empty talk. Getting electricity to every home is far more difficult than getting it to a paying recharge station.
Residential areas specially rural ones are bad pay masters. Low load connections also have heavy line losses often exceeding 50%.

See how railway electrification works, do they ever face a shortage, rail along with hospitals, and few industries which can opt for it come under HT3 connection. Here the charge is 30% to 100% more than equivalent domestic charge on the condition of continuous power supply, connections are in behive grid pattern, so that planned shutdown of one section of supply will load 6 other nearest feeder lines by 16.67%.
Such a grid design for on highway charging stations is not a difficult proposition.

Still I feel that a stopgap mode of plug in hybrids should come up before full e vehicles. How about a e-hexa with 150 HP motors, and a battery range of 200 urban and 300 highway km which has a 1.0 Lit 3 pot engine to charge the battery when level is below 30%.

Assume a situation where I leave my home in Pune for a days work in Mumbai, my battery is 100% charged in the morning, 20% or so is utilised for the 40 or so km upto Kamshet, beyond which there is a gentle slope, upto Lonavala, here there is alternate regenerative deceleration and acceleration, with negligible change in battery charge. Then lonavala to Khalapur toll the regenerative speed control on descent actually recharges to battery to close to 100%. Now my run upto Mumbai 60 or so km in mumbai traffic, and return upto the expressway gets the battery to 30% level, and to balance the requirement the standby engine starts for sometime and recharges upto 40% and stops again.
After Khalapur toll plaza I halt at the express mall, park my car in a quick charging slot, and take 30 min to freshen up in the loo have a quick dinner and come back.
These 30 min have got the battery from 40% to 70%. Now the ghat gradient eats current and the 7 km draws the battery down to 40% again, the light grade from Lonavala to Kamshet draw it down to just above 30%, but the descent beyond the kamshet tunnel, and gentle slope beyond maintains charge level alternating between regenerative deceleration and light energy consuming balancing power to maintain level to 30% till I exit the expressway, here the engine wants to start again, but I manually opt to keep it off as my home is only 20km away and the remaining 30% can actually take me 80 to 100 km. At home I plug in to a slow charge so my car is ready for the morning.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 12:33   #2198
BHPian

Some information that I want to share regarding India’s Renewable Energy plans.:-

1.India is now home to world's largest solar plant on a 'single location'.
The plant, in Kamuthi, Tamil Nadu, comes with a capacity of 648 MW and covers an area of 10 sqm/km.

2.India is also home to the world’s first solar powered International Airport being the Cochin International Airport.

3.At present Rajasthan is the leading state in solar power generation with a capacity of about 1264 MW followed by Gujrat.
Old 19th June 2017, 13:48   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post

India is a much longer way off from achieving self-sufficiency in fossil fuels - we have to import >80% of our oil requirements, and demand is increasing by about 5-8% per year with no corresponding increase in production. In fact our crude oil import bill is expected to jump up from $70 billion this year to $88 billion next year, partly due to rising oil prices and partly due to rising demand.

Do we find it laughable that all of us are driving around in vehicles that burn petroleum that we clearly do not have enough of?

The country has, over the last 2-3 years, inched closer to self-sufficiency in electricity generation - apparently power generation is now close to 100% of current requirements. Yes there is still quite a bit of latent demand that will materialize into actuals as we progress, but one would think 99.something% with more capacity being added is better than 20% and reducing with no hope of adding capacity.

This country needs electric mobility more than any other. We expect to pay out Rs.575,000 CRORES for oil imports this year alone, which is Rs.1,575 Crores every single day. I wouldn't blame the government for wanting to do away with this annual bill for the future.

I do believe this discussion is better placed elsewhere than on a Hexa thread, though.

Last edited by Steeroid : 19th June 2017 at 13:55.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 15:47   #2200
BANNED

The last few posts have everything but Hexa in them. Strange!
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 16:00   #2201

Gentlemen thank you for chipping in with your articles. They were informative as well as imaginative.

I am a marine engineer and I sail on ships which transport Liquefied Natural Gas. I am directly responsible for handling the loading and discharging operation of the cargo. I have loaded 1,50,000 cubic metres of LNG at a time from Qatar, Australia, etc and discharged it in terminals at Gujarat.

I must say I am on the frontline of the oil/gas industry and my carbon footprint is phenomenal. LNG, the so called GREEN fuel as termed by industry stakeholders, is one of the biggest scams of the modern world. Politicians and energy spearheads make a fool out of ordinary unsuspecting citizens. Methane affects the earths atmosphere 86 times more lethally than carbon dioxide. The production of LNG and transport and handling of LNG involves uncontrolled venting of Methane gas in the atmosphere from minute to unimaginable scales. So in the entire cycle of the gas from production to consumer, LNG effectively pollutes our planet more than Coal or any other fossil fuel.

We must and have to transition to renewable sources of energy like Solar and Wind and Hydroelectric ASAP. 2030 is a very very long way off compared to the predicament we are facing every day of our lives. 2030 should be the ultimate deadline and not the starting point.

I hope we see a greener India by then. Education and awareness of us, normal citizens is paramount. The people make the nation.

By the way, came across a new thread on team bhp just now. TATA introduces electric buses in Chandigarh. Very interesting read :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187882

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th June 2017 at 21:41. Reason: Back to back posts.
arijitd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 17:19   #2202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
The last few posts have everything but Hexa in them. Strange!
Very true... I suggest people post these in threads like this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...lifestyle.html

That would keep the discussions focussed.
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 17:51   #2203
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Request to please stick to the topic, that is the Hexa! Thank you.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th June 2017, 16:51   #2204
BHPian

I am in a dilemma. I own Innova VX 2015 (24000 kms). Situation is whether I should replace Innova with Hexa XTA. Will it be a worthy decision to sell Innova for Hexa AT? Any suggestion.
Old 20th June 2017, 17:03   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir3551 View Post
Will it be a worthy decision to sell Innova for Hexa AT? Any suggestion.
Unless there is an extremely compelling reason, then no.

Lots of reasons to support my recommendation in this thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...rade-swap.html

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks