Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2017, 18:49   #2116
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
Does this mean you will choose to buy a product of brand 'B' (which was #2 in your shortlist) over brand 'A' (which was #1 in your shortlist) just because brand 'B' made you feel like a VIP for half an hour in the showroom?
Absolutely. Someone who realises my value as a walk-in/prospect will definitely get more of my attention in comparison to someone who feels I should value their product compared to their service. No doubt about it, that is the way the world works today.

It is CLEAR indication of the kind of culture that brand "B" has been imbibed with, compared to brand "A". This decides my confidence in the brand and its sales/post sales experience.

Look up brand sales and you will know.
n.devdath is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th June 2017, 22:03   #2117

Received this message from local Tata Motors dealer:-
*Hexa Experience Center now in Jaipur* - Experience the outstanding off-roading capabilities of the all new TATA Hexa.

Experience the All Wheel Drive, Super Drive Modes, Comprehensive Safety and other first in segment features.

Date : 17th and 18th June
Timing : 2 PM to 10 PM
Venue : Amrudon Ka Bagh, Jaipur.
Old 5th June 2017, 23:45   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
Given that the Tata dealer here in Mumbai didn't bother following up with me on my proposed purchase, even after a test drive, maybe Autocar is onto something

That said, Mahindra was equally bad. No follow up, no test drive (I want an automatic) as they said you already have a XUV500, why do you want to test drive.
I have pretty good experiences with the Tatas. I took test drives at Thane, Mumbai and Jorhat in Assam. All the SMs were very polite and professional. They all followed up twice each. Test drives were offered within a couple of days of registering online or calling up the showroom. In Jorhat, the General Manager even attended personally. Even though he didn't have an XTA for test drive (it was an XT4x4), he offered a test drive on his show room vehicle which was an XTA. In contrast, the Toyota sales lady in Thane seemed bored and didn't offer a test drive for the Crysta (it was nearly lunch time). However, a young trainee was more proactive and suggested a test drive and accompanied for the same. The Mahindra showroom in Mumbai (The showroom in Thane had closed down) called after 5-6 days of requesting Mahindra for a test drive and offered a test drive of the XUV the next day. The Toyota sales person in Assam promised a call back, to firm up a test drive months ago. He is yet to call. The Mahindra SM in Assam also was very nice. However, he too didn't volunteer a test drive. I would like to admit that Tatas are making an honest effort. I feel there is a huge difference in their approach in sales. ASS too is excellent as reported by many in this thread. The Hexa, IMHO, is the best of the three.
Old 5th June 2017, 23:58   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishen.padiyar View Post
I agree, theoretically it's not a part of the car buying public's job. But I think we are still in a seller's market and not a buyer's market. If the product is good and should we want to buy/own it, we sometimes need to take the dealership folks to task and demand better service.
Not at all. It's a buyers market. And rightly so. I can't speak for everyone but for me buying a 20 lakh car is something that should wow me. I feel better satisfaction buying buying a pair of shoes these days.

I suppose once they miss targets they'll come calling. I'm in no hurry to buy anything so I'll just wait. And yes, I'll buy a car from any brand that wows me.
djpeesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 08:00   #2120
BHPian

"highest consumer offers up to 1,00,000 (offer of hexa)" - today's ad from Gurudev motors Chennai.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 09:25   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Absolutely. Someone who realises my value as a walk-in/prospect will definitely get more of my attention in comparison to someone who feels I should value their product compared to their service. No doubt about it, that is the way the world works today.

It is CLEAR indication of the kind of culture that brand "B" has been imbibed with, compared to brand "A". This decides my confidence in the brand and its sales/post sales experience.

Look up brand sales and you will know.
Yes, this is how the world works today and frankly it's quite sad.

Even after making an excellent product a company needs to make the client or customer somehow feel privileged and important.
Fake sweet talk usually is the best way to lure haughty clients these days even when the product is not half as good.

But in case of cars and many other such products the sales and service departments are different and the conduct of one may not be a true reflection of the other.

Just look at Skoda, their sales department is usually a wonderful thing to deal with.
However, the service department is where the horror starts.
So you get an excellent product along with a lot of sweet talk from the sales people but you never know when the infamous service experience will come to haunt you.
Kestrel5915 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 14:19   #2122
BHPian

Hello guys - this is one of the best threads that I have come across and glad to see the attention that Hexa is gathering. Have eyed Hexa after comparing and TD with Crysta and XUV 500. The strange cross road that I'm at, where I need the forum's help is to decide between AT and MT.

While my driving will largely be in the city, I would also do long drives with family fairly frequently. My biggest concern is lack of ESP, TC, HBA safety features in automatic. While I understand these may not be very useful in city drives, I guess it matters on highways. Having said that, it's a breeze to drive the automatic and that's what keeps me hooked.

On the other hand, on the MT, is the clutch travel and gear shifts that cumbersome as some of the reviews state? Added to that is the heavy steering at lower speeds I hear in every other review - don't know if reviewers are colouring their perceptions based on others. Is MT really that cumbersome in day to day driving?

Really wish there was an automatic with all safety features loaded. Would have left me less confused look forward to the forum's views and insights.
Old 6th June 2017, 14:48   #2123
BHPian

I own a HEXA XTA and I have driven the XT 4x4 also but believe me if you are buying HEXA it's the automatic which make sense despite of the lack of some safety features. Driving an automatic is a pleasure in city and also automatic response is much better in XEXA due to AT gearbox extracts maximum of the engine performance. I would have never bought an HEXA if automatic was not on offer.
Old 6th June 2017, 15:22   #2124
BHPian

Hexa Vs Manhole

Helped a fellow road user get his Hexa XT unstuck on the NH-48 yesterday.
Due to traffic, this vehicle had come to the extreme side of the road where a gigantic manhole (probably the biggest ones with 28"dia) was wide open,
culprit being the ongoing flyover construction .
I shudder to think how a smaller vehicle / bike would fare in this circumstance!
The gentleman's Driver was not able to see the manhole in the dark and caused the complete left front wheel to go inside the manhole.
I think the side-step and bigger sized wheels of the Hexa prevented any hit on the under body.
The driver however was not able to reverse back the vehicle from this trap as he was nursing the clutch. Seeing the car stranded, i offered to drive it out my selves.
Seen in this review, and having experienced the drive modes in the test-drive done a few month's ago, I was able to engage the 'off-road' mode and drive out the Rear wheel driven car unscathed after a few tries.
Full marks to the big TATA for under-body strength and low-end torque.

p.s: apologies for the unclear pictures shot in pitch-dark from my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170605_201309.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170605_201012.jpg  

Moto$apien is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:37   #2125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Hexa Vs Manhole

Helped a fellow road user get his Hexa XT unstuck on the NH-48 yesterday.

The driver however was not able to reverse back the vehicle from this trap as he was nursing the clutch. Seeing the car stranded, i offered to drive it out my selves.

Seen in this review, and having experienced the drive modes in the test-drive done a few month's ago, I was able to engage the 'off-road' mode and drive out the Rear wheel driven car unscathed after a few tries.

Full marks to the big TATA for under-body strength and low-end torque.

p.s: apologies for the unclear pictures shot in pitch-dark from my phone

Always great to get help from a good Samaritan. I am sure the owner and the driver would be very thankful to you.
Tata would have never thought that they could have a off-road use case like this in the city itself. But it's always good to know the capability of the various systems that come with modern vehicles and have the presence of mind to use it.

OT: People often dont use the demister/defogger on their vehicle due to lack of knowledge.
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 15:50   #2126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
I own a HEXA XTA and I have driven the XT 4x4 also but believe me if you are buying HEXA it's the automatic which make sense despite of the lack of some safety features. Driving an automatic is a pleasure in city and also automatic response is much better in XEXA due to AT gearbox extracts maximum of the engine performance. I would have never bought an HEXA if automatic was not on offer.
Anuruddhs - thanks much for your views. Yes, I agree with you that such a big car must be a breeze in city traffic. How has your experience in highways been? Are you not missing the driving modes that MT has or the Sports mode is offsetting that?
Old 6th June 2017, 16:28   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
I need the forum's help is to decide between AT and MT.
While my driving will largely be in the city, I would also do long drives with family fairly frequently. My biggest concern is lack of ESP, TC, HBA safety features in automatic.
If your driving is mostly in the city then I would suggest the automatic XTA. Personally I opted for the XT because my drives are mostly on the Highway, nearly 90%, and at highway speeds combined with the unpredictability of our driving style, ESP and Traction Control mattered to me more than automatic gear shift. Also I found the clutch to be light which swung the decision towards XT.
Old 6th June 2017, 17:07   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
If your driving is mostly in the city then I would suggest the automatic XTA. Personally I opted for the XT because my drives are mostly on the Highway, nearly 90%, and at highway speeds combined with the unpredictability of our driving style, ESP and Traction Control mattered to me more than automatic gear shift. Also I found the clutch to be light which swung the decision towards XT.

Thanks arulpeem. Very valuable inputs. Good to know the clutch is light which helps make a better decision. That unpredictability of driving styles is what's making me think on safety features. While city driving probably will be more, i'm not sure about compromising safety on those few highway drives. I know it's like a business case for insurance - can't show it unless something breaks.
Old 6th June 2017, 17:09   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulpeem View Post
Yes the clutch is light which makes the drive a comfortable experience!
Old 6th June 2017, 17:19   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK RE Lover View Post
I need the forum's help is to decide between AT and MT.
@KK, XTA is better suited for your usage pattern. IMHO, the missing safety features will only make you that much more careful on those occasional highway runs, to not try and achieve/do anything near the limit, that an XT (with all features) is capable off. Always prefer to be safe on our unpredictable highways.

I don't mean to undermine the XT ( and owners) in any way, my suggestion is purely based on your usage pattern. Mine is the same and I drive the Storme 400 (same engine/GB combo) and do miss an automatic in the city runs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks