Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2017, 13:51   #2026
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
Wow small world !

We could have met, I was looking for a Team-Bhp sticker on the Hexa but couldn't find any. But one look at the Rhino Rack and I was sure this belongs to an enthusiast.
It was just 3days old Hexa which we took to Goa and there was no time for us to put the stickers on them and those Rhino Racks are from the TATA accessories list and we did lots of exercise to get them as they are On Order basis only & they are just awesome...
Old 18th May 2017, 14:07   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
This is our Tata Hexa XTA Pearl White 6 Seater
Sir many congratulations. Can you please mention the price of those side steps and the insurance amount paid by you. How has been your experience driving an automatic suv? Were you already familiar with a automatic car? I want to know drivers perspective driving an automatic car.
Regards.

One more query I would like to ask is, is Tata providing any tyre pressure monitoring system like that of a xuv500 as an accessory? Having gone through many posts of hexa owners I feel its necessary considering the excellent nvh levels and pliant ride of hexa one might find it difficult to gauge a flat tyre.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2017 at 15:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 18th May 2017, 14:20   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikvkv View Post
A big thanks one and all here on team-bhp who influenced me and yesterday me and my dad took the plunge and have booked XTA Arizona Blue 6 seater variant. Waiting period seems 4 weeks for now but dealer has assured quick delivery.

He is quoting insurance at 82k
Any tips on this is welcome. Dealer has given us a option to lower the insurance quote. He even said I can take it from outside. Any good insurance quotes is welcome.

Accessories that I want are side steps which is priced at 16.5k. Is this is a good price or should I opt for it outside?

Dealer has quoted under body coating at 3k and engine protection at 1200. I feel I can look for options like 3m outside. Any good 3m shops in bangalore or hyderabad would be obliged to know. Good day to all. Cheers
Hi Vikvkv,

Congratulations on the new acquisition!

On the insurance, we were quoted the same amount and were immediately offered about the same discount and came to a final amount of INR 49500. I did not take it from the dealer. I went with New India Assurance and a known agent. From them I got a final quote of 49800 as well. So that seems to be the typical rate you can get.

For the side step I have a quote of INR 13500 from Fortune Motors for the original side step. This was at a list price of 15500 in the accessories list.

I also have the Hexa mats for free which were listed at 2500 in the accessory list. I am also getting the under body coating for free from Fortune, Thane.

Hope this helps.

How long till you get delivery?
Old 18th May 2017, 14:35   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
One more query I would like to ask is, is Tata providing any tyre pressure monitoring system like that of a xuv500 as an accessory? Having gone through many posts of hexa owners I feel its necessary considering the excellent nvh levels and pliant ride of hexa one might find it difficult to gauge a flat tyre.
Hi Vikvkv,

In the accessory list there is a TPMS / HUD display for the Hexa. This is from their official accessories brochure on the website. Fortune cars knew nothing about it but said that he would find out.

Name:  HUD.PNG
Views: 8938
Size:  204.0 KB

This was in the accessories list given to me by Concorde Motors and is listed at INR 16000.
Old 18th May 2017, 15:06   #2030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
Hi Vikvkv,

Congratulations on the new acquisition!

Hope this helps.

How long till you get delivery?
Thanks a lot sir that insurance quote surely is a steal. Would like know if all inmates of the car are covered including the driver in that policy.

It seems I have to bargain with the dealer for discount on side steps and foot mats.

ETA from pune plant is 4 weeks but hexa customer care and the dealer have assured me quicker delivery.

Quote:
Hi Vikvkv,

In the accessory list there is a TPMS / HUD display.
Thank you posting that sir. That TPMS/HUD unit looks like it gels well with the interiors of the hexa and doesn't look like a aftermarket unit. Speaking of aftermarket is there any aftermarket alternatives of this because at 16k it seems to stretch our budget.
Regards.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2017 at 15:30. Reason: Consecutive posts merged. Please see the FAQ on "How to MULTI-QUOTE".
Old 18th May 2017, 15:28   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot sir that insurance quote surely is a steal. Would like know if all inmates of the car are covered including the driver in that policy.

It seems I have to bargain with the dealer for discount on side steps and foot mats.
Yes. It is mandatory to get cover for all passengers + driver. There is a 50 rupee premium for each passenger for the accident insurance so 350 for 7 seat car.

Fortune cars was a lot more customer oriented than Concorde motors. I also checked with my contacts in Tata Motors and apparently even employees of the Tata Group are not getting any discount on the ex-showroom price of the Hexa.

Quote:
Thank you posting that sir. That TPMS/HUD unit looks like it gels well with the interiors of the hexa and doesn't look like a aftermarket unit. Speaking of aftermarket is there any aftermarket alternatives of this because at 16k it seems to stretch our budget.
Regards.
Regarding this I have only seen items online. These seem to be in the same range of 12k to 16k and higher for fancy ones. And that is just for the TPMS. No HUD. Typical ones plug into the lighter socket and stay there. This one is much better looking and goes with the cars interior. It also has the Tata branding.
Old 18th May 2017, 16:06   #2032
BHPian

You get better devices running on solar, ranging from 3500 to 6000 on AliExpress. The build of the TPMS which prerana had on offer for the tiago and zest was not upto the mark. And it definitely did not look anywhere near the one that's posted in the pic.
Not sure if they have a different one for the Hexa.
Old 18th May 2017, 17:21   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It is mandatory to get cover for all passengers + driver.
=======
It also has the Tata branding.
I bought a TPMS set through Aliexpress and happy with the quality. Also, instead of taking the setup that goes into the lighter socket, opt for the ones which are rectangular and hardwired to the wiring harness. Even though there is no TATA branding, this will give not give an aftermarket appearance. I have been using this setup for year and readings are reliable.

In these setups, you will miss the HUD. Personally, i wouldn't want to view TPMS in HUD and prefer it to be somewhere on the dashboard and throw alarms for abnormal behaviour.

Last edited by Doo_Dev : 18th May 2017 at 17:41.
Old 18th May 2017, 17:59   #2034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir many congratulations. Can you please mention the price of those side steps and the insurance amount paid by you. How has been your experience driving an automatic suv? Were you already familiar with a automatic car? I want to know drivers perspective driving an automatic car.
Regards.

Thanks Vik and congrats to you too.

The insurance got it done through New India Assurance outside at 43,000 for IDV of 17,00,000/- for XTA.

Been driving Jetta AT for 3yrs and have got acclaimed to that power and it's bit difficult to adjust to Hexa, hope you understood as the pickup and power in Jetta is super.

Foot step as others said you need to negotiate and take it, under body coating not done on ourHexa.

TPMS Not required.
Old 18th May 2017, 22:38   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Thanks Vik and congrats to you too.

The insurance got it done through New India Assurance outside at 43,000 for IDV of 17,00,000/- for XTA.

Been driving Jetta AT for 3yrs and have got acclaimed to that power and it's bit difficult to adjust to Hexa, hope you understood as the pickup and power in Jetta is super.

Foot step as others said you need to negotiate and take it, under body coating not done on ourHexa.

TPMS Not required.
That insurance quote is excellent. I am planning to go for the same. I will surely negotiate with dealer for side steps.

In the list of accessories provided to me there is a reference of 17 inch alloy wheels. Is this a typographical error or am I missing something.
Old 18th May 2017, 22:58   #2036
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

Hexa Experience coming to Pune and Chandigarh!

Pune:

20-21 May, 2017
3pm to 10pm

AISSMS Ground,Sangamwadi

Chandigarh:

20-21 May, 2017
3pm to 10pm

Exhibition Ground, Sector 34B
Opposite Furniture Market

Last edited by bblost : 18th May 2017 at 23:02. Reason: fixed tags.
balajisv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2017, 00:33   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
That insurance quote is excellent. I am planning to go for the same. I will surely negotiate with dealer for side steps.

In the list of accessories provided to me there is a reference of 17 inch alloy wheels. Is this a typographical error or am I missing something.
You do have an option to go for 17" alloys if you do not want the steel wheels. It is for the XM/XE variants and the design too is different from the 19" ones that come with the XT.
Old 19th May 2017, 07:57   #2038
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A better, all-round look at the Hexa XE, powered by the 320Nm version of the 2.2L Dicor.
I remember going through the brochures of the car during pre-launch period and in that the XE variant had a 2 line monochrome segmented DIS and not the 3.5" color TFT screen. Tata seem to have silently updated this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hexa.pdf (4.16 MB, 935 views)
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 00:54   #2039

Good day fellow BHPians. This is going to be my first post in this forum. It is a matter of sheer coincidence that my membership got approved on the same evening that I took delivery of my Arizona Blue Tata Hexa XTA.

I will post my entire purchase experience a little later. Right now, I am slightly concerned about an anomaly that I observed after taking delivery of the car.

The infotainment system, the air conditioning system and the entire odometer digital information display system is switching off while I am driving the car, quite randomly.

The odometer display resets and turns back on, but the air con controls remain off, even the blowers shut down. The infotainment system screen goes blank and switches back on after few minutes.

Initially I observed that this problem was occuring as soon as I activated any turn indicator signals. Then it started happening whenever I pressed the brake pedal. Further, it just kept on happeningly randomly.

After stopping, switching off the car and switching it back on, the airbag red signal indicator was continuously illuminated. Probably signifies some fault with the air bag release system.

When I powered down the car and started it up again, the warning sign was gone.

Its rather upsetting to have experienced all this immediately after driving the car out of the dealership. I plan to visit the dealer tomorrow and try and find some solutions.

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.
arijitd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2017, 11:15   #2040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitd View Post
Good day fellow BHPians. This is going to be my first post in this forum. It is a matter of sheer coincidence that my membership got approved on the same evening that I took delivery of my Arizona Blue Tata Hexa XTA.
Welcome to the forum and many congratulations on getting your Hexa
Quote:
The infotainment system, the air conditioning system and the entire odometer digital information display system is switching off while I am driving the car, quite randomly.

The odometer display resets and turns back on, but the air con controls remain off, even the blowers shut down. The infotainment system screen goes blank and switches back on after few minutes.

Initially I observed that this problem was occuring as soon as I activated any turn indicator signals. Then it started happening whenever I pressed the brake pedal. Further, it just kept on happeningly randomly.
Looks like some earthing might have come lose or disconnected, shouldn't be a matter of more than few minutes for the TASC to fix it.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks