Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2017, 11:50   #1891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radkrish_1978 View Post
Hi,
I fitted following accessories from showroom for Rs. 23000/-
1. Side steps with clamps ( Rs. 19000/- )
Just one query on side steps. Do the side steps compromise the ground clearance?

I heard that once the side steps are fixed, the GC reduces from 200mm to 170mm and is an issue in handling many speed breakers, especially in Bangalore.

Would like to know your observations.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 11:59   #1892
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Just one query on side steps. Do the side steps compromise the ground clearance?

I heard that once the side steps are fixed, the GC reduces from 200mm to 170mm and is an issue in handling many speed breakers, especially in Bangalore.

This can't be true. In that case Hexa will become a sedan and off-roading capabilities will be impacted to large extent.

I don't think this is correct information. I would like to hear from owners who has installed the side steps in Hexa. I am sure all of them would have installed as it is very difficult to get inside without them.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 12:23   #1893

Quote:

Hi,
This is Not true. It will not disturb the ground clearance.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-sidestepinfo.jpg

But,
As the side steps are protruding little bit out of the vehicle's body, we should be cautious on medians and footpaths while driving in traffic and small lanes.
radkrish_1978 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 14:28   #1894
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Hi,
Attachment 1633457

But,
As the side steps are protruding little bit out of the vehicle's body, we should be cautious on medians and footpaths while driving in traffic and small lanes.
Thanks radkrish_1978 for the pictorial clarification. There was another issue with the sidestep. In some cases the door brushed the sidestep while opening/closing. I believe this has been sorted out.
su_spatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 20:28   #1895
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Attachment 1633457

But,
This comparison cannot be made. The mud flaps can even go all the way down but will not touch the road because it is right behind the wheel. As and how the wheel moves on a bump, so will the mud flap follow.
However, the story is entirely different with the side step. And yes, it does reduce the 209mm GC, but definitely not to 175! And this can be observed on other cars as well, barring the endy and fortuner.
Do correct me if am wrong!

Also, most of the Hexas I have seen did not have a side step.

Last edited by abhi7013 : 26th April 2017 at 20:29.
Old 26th April 2017, 20:52   #1896
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
This comparison is not correct. Side step as it is, are in level with side board. It is the clamps used to fix the side step, that reduce the GC. But it is not an issue in Bangalore traffic. I did not face any issue with my refreshed ARIA due to Side steps.

Even in off road events also, these clamps will be the first one to hit the ground, than chassis. So in a way it is good only
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 21:30   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
This comparison is not correct. Side step as it is, are in level with side board. It is the clamps used to fix the side step, that reduce the GC. But it is not an issue in Bangalore traffic. I did not face any issue with my refreshed ARIA due to Side steps.

Even in off road events also, these clamps will be the first one to hit the ground, than chassis. So in a way it is good only
Thanks, this video on youtube will give an idea.
su_spatil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 18:44   #1898
BHPian

I am finally off to book the Hexa from Fortune Cars, Thane tomorrow. Apparently it is an auspicious day.

Fortune cars Thane claims to have delivered 40 Hexa's to customers since launch and have another 40 odd bookings. Does that sound like a good number?

They are also quoting a waiting period of just 20 to 25 days for the Sky Grey colour that I am looking for.
mostlynerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 23:01   #1899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
I am finally off to book the Hexa from Fortune Cars, Thane tomorrow. Apparently it is an auspicious day.
Tomorrow is Akshaya Tritiya. People usually buy gold on this day as whatever bought on this day is said to multiply. But tomorrow is apparently unique in that the time until noon is not good. So if you believe in all that, book your car in the afternoon.

And you will blessed with many more cars

PS: My plan was to get married on this day, but sadly that could not happen.
samaspire is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 08:01   #1900
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostlynerd View Post
Fortune cars Thane claims to have delivered 40 Hexa's to customers since launch and have another 40 odd bookings. Does that sound like a good number?
Considering it has been about 3 months since the Hexa has been launched, 40 deliveries is not that impressive a number but again if they have 40 bookings then it is a possible hint of supply constraint. Looking back at the sales numbers, if there has been a decline month on month, theoretically none of the dealerships should have much of a backlog other than the fresh bookings received after end of march.

To sum it up, I feel whatever news we are hearing about higher demand for automatics and overall supply constraints is valid and not baseless.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 12:14   #1901
BHPian

Excited to take delivery today for my HEXA XTA blue , will update with photo once i have car in hand . Regarding wait time it looks true as I went to inspect my car in dealer stockyard he had only 4 hexas there and 3 of them belong to me and my office colleague waiting for delivery and 1 he told for someone else and delivery by today so practically they don't have any stock lying in store.
Anuruddhs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 21:50   #1902
BANNED

Okay guys, those who are in touch with me must be aware that I have always been paranoid regarding the 19 inch rims, in fact I had even once declared that after the Crysta for it's 17 inchers, it will be the Hexa which will have the recall for the 19 inch rims; due to tyre bursts. The reasons:
  • Owners normally neglect tyre pressure and running at low pressure on 19 inchers, can cause a lot of shock to transfer to rim, hence can cause damage to tyre side wall
  • This isn't a runflat.

So, let me share my own experience which has fortunately proved my estimations wrong, and how.

Today while driving the Hexa XTA, I observed that there is slight wobbling in the steering wheel. Now since it's a media car with 17,600 kms on odo, so I simply thought of it as some minor alignment or balancing issue and kept driving, but at a lower speed of 80 kph. I drove on bad patches, highway, over speed breakers etc. Once I was home, I parked the car and did my mandatory inspection, just to discover this:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-flat-tyre.jpg
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-flat-tyre-2.jpg

While the culprit was this, a proper nail that is long and sharp - perfect recipe of a tyre burst:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-culprit.jpg

Okay, so we have all the elements in place:
  • A heavy car
  • Decent Speed
  • Deflated low profile tyre

Still, it didn't burst. Innova crysta had tyre bursts, why didn't Hexa? My estimation is a better rim design and a better designed tyre since MRF developed it specifically for Hexa- would be looking forward to listen from experts.

Why I didn't notice? I tell you guys, I have experienced many cars and have covered over 2.5 lac kms on Indian roads. Have experienced a couple of rear tyre deflations, but this one was different. Probably a larger rim, better wheel arch NVH and a suspension that soaks every minor undulation is what simply kept me insulated over the recipe of disaster that was ready to unfold. Any ways, I give 10/10 to Tata for this, shivers are still running down my spine thinking of a tyre burst at 100 kph in a 2.3 tonne monster without any ESP or TCS.

And yes, Tata - why didn't you gave a TPMS? Many people are going to get into this situation,I tell you.

Last edited by VKumar : 28th April 2017 at 21:51.
VKumar is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 08:15   #1903
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Interior - 3rd Row

In the 6-seater version, the best way to access the third row of seats is to walk into the second row and move from 'between' the captain seats to the last row. Even Tata engineers told us the same ! Why? While the captain seats flip forward, they don't do so far enough and the space to get into the third row (from the sides) is limited. That said, walking into the second row and then to the third row has its own set of problems. People will have to bend down quite a bit, while the high transmission tunnel makes matters more difficult. Easy for kids, doable for fit adults, not so for the unfit / elderly:
Here let me introduce a situation, whenever we (My extended family especially) go for a long hilly drive, it is always full size male adults in the last row. Why? Motion sickness issue with ladies and kids. This is with many more people and for the full size adults, it is not an easy task (Full size == 100 kilo khaate-peete, fat tummy Indian men). So I took around 15 minutes of my time and after trying all the permutations and combinations, I have attained this:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-middle-row.jpg

Yes, the issue is solved now. Access to third row may be tougher but is well manageable and there is equal space for access available as in case of the middle row bench seat version.
VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 12:05   #1904
BHPian

Hi , On the auspicious day of akshay tritiya I took the delivery of my Hexa XTA , Some random snaps from last 2 days .
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-df4c067dcd514e44914295def8a35d10.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-d46e2719d33b467d9e86fbc553e16da1.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-09a425752004438fa61357f1eac71868.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-16b6327e92ae47028bd51dd72d196393.jpg  

Anuruddhs is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 13:21   #1905
BHPian

Congrats @Anuruddhs on your new Ride!! the 3rd Picture shared by you is really accentuating the car's menacing looks many fold! A nudge guard with auxillary lamps would complete the look.
Did you find the multi LED DRLs bright enough, considering most other cars have a discreet single bright line ala the baleno/endeavor/XUV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks