Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2017, 07:26   #3391
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
So I took myself on my offer and rented the Hexa for last weekend.
Could it be due to the speed governor? I ask because my friends Tata ace went for speed governor fitting to Tata ASC here and he says post that the pickup is sluggish with vehicle even stalling at times.
Old 16th November 2017, 10:37   #3392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
If anyone could please provide me with the relevant notifications from the Delhi Transport Department or Kerela / Telangana / Kerela transport departments regarding these charges, the dealership might relent or these documents might help me if I decide to meet the Chandigarh State Transport Authority (STA).
Hi,
https://www.rushlane.com/amp/consume...-12256387.html
Please check if this latest news update can help!

Cheers,
naddy
Old 16th November 2017, 21:25   #3393
BHPian

We have finally welcomed our Blue Hexa XE home day before yesterday. It's truly worth each penny spent. Done only 125 km on the odo so far, got it with a 37km reading at delivery.

Can anyone please suggest where can I source a chrome garnish for the tailgate (the black area above the number plate between the tail lights).

Felt that the chrome would contrast well with the Arizona Blue.

Asked the dealer, and they say that this garnish is not a part of the chrome kit and is not sold as a spare part. It is exclusive to the top variant.

Help please?
sugam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 03:17   #3394
BHPian

hi great folks,

I'm on a hunt to get a good deal on XT 4x4 in Bangalore. There is a zero insurance offer for November. Can someone help me find a good dealer with correct OTR. Im getting different quotes across the dealers.

I checked the Concord Motors website and they quote Rs.20,13,957 that include insurance. But the dealer gave me a printout dated 15 September 2017, citing OTR 21,40,365 that include insurance.

So how should I proceed, any help is highly appriciated.

Thanks and regards
Old 17th November 2017, 07:58   #3395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
hi great folks,

I'm on a hunt to get a good deal on XT 4x4 in Bangalore. There is a zero insurance offer for November. Can someone help me find a good dealer with correct OTR. Im getting different quotes across the dealers.

I checked the Concord Motors website and they quote Rs.20,13,957 that include insurance. But the dealer gave me a printout dated 15 September 2017, citing OTR 21,40,365 that include insurance.

So how should I proceed, any help is highly appriciated.

Thanks and regards
I got a quote from concorde for ,20 lac 15 thousand in early October which included 75 k insurance. So if they are offering zero insurance it should be somewhere close to 19.4 now. Please try Prerana also. Their quote was cheaper by few thousands at that time.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 10:16   #3396
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Motors European Technical Centre (TMETC), in collaboration with UK Autodrive, have started testing an autonomous Hexa SUV on the streets of Coventry, UK.

Quote:
The autonomous testing on public roads, which includes the Tata Hexa is the first of its kind in the UK and also includes cars like a new Ford Mondeo and the Range Rover Sport. Apart from being a part of the UK Autodrive project, Tata Motors and Land Rover have also started doing independent tests on UK roads albeit with trained drivers in the car at all times in case something goes wrong.
All the cars in the program, including the Tata Hexa comes equipped with technology along with the basic upgrades that are needed to autonomous driving. The Tata Hexa also gets an upgraded infotainment setup with a large central screen that is used to relay data that are collected by the sensors.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexaautonomousvehicle_827x510_81510850089.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexaautonomousvehicle_827x510_51510850047.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexaautonomousvehicledisplayscreen_827x510_51510850115.jpg

RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 17th November 2017, 13:16   #3397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I had to tell him that Tata will still have to improve. It's the driveability that put me down the most and turned me off of the Hexa. After spending close to 15k, a mediocre performance was heart-breaking. Alas, if only I had read about the software patch earlier, I would have given the vehicle the benefit of doubt. Ah well, opportunity lost. Dad will most probably buy another Toyota. And my transition to a tata fan-boy will be that harder.
I haven't driven the manual but XTA had decent drivability. It did not feel sprightly but I felt the performance was acceptable. The competition however fares better in this department . To get a clear picture you should probably test drive one from showroom.
Old 18th November 2017, 13:21   #3398
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review-160125.jpg

Look, no hands.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2017 at 23:23. Reason: Uploading image as attachment
Fulcrum is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 06:41   #3399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Look, no hands
While we appreciate the wit, details would be appreciated.

Looks like an Hexa with kit to enable autonomous driving on test in the UK.

It would in practice mean that the car would have the hardware to allow pedestrian awareness, lane keeping, emergency brake assist, and adaptive cruise control, none of which will come to India any time soon.

Therefore this is presumably for the European market?

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2017 at 23:23. Reason: Quote trimmed
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 10:05   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
While we appreciate the wit, details would be appreciated.
The details are available in the link shared just a few posts above.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 19:04   #3401
BHPian

I'm not sure if this was shared before, but I just stumbled upon the price for the 19 inch tyres on the XT variant of the Hexa. It's 14,000 per tyre! 56,000 for a set of 4 tyres. Checked the price for the 16 inch tyres, and it's almost half the price! The way the XT looks, I think that's totally worth it, and considerably cheaper than the other 19 inch options! Attaching pictures for reference.

16 inch tyre:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171119_185125.jpg

19 inch tyres:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171119_184042.jpg
Old 19th November 2017, 20:33   #3402
BHPian

What are the stock tyres that the Hexa XMA comes with?

Also, which one of these would be the recommended tyres to go with?
1. Pirelli Scorpion Atr 235/70 R16 105T
2. GoodYear Wrangler AT/SA 235/70 R16 106T
3. Michelin LTX Force 235/70 R16
4. MRF Wanderer Sl Street 235/70 R16 106S

I notice that the MRF comes with a lower speed rating; does that make a big difference while driving in city conditions / highways?
Old 20th November 2017, 12:45   #3403
BHPian

Hi great folks,

Almost decided to go for XT 4x2. Hexa will mostly be chauffeur driven for my dad within the city. He is upgrading from his 6 years old white Vento. Before I sign the cheque, I kindly request you to pitch in and help me make the right choice. Here are my questions.

1. It's getting rather difficult to choose the right color. I am sitting on the fence between white, platinum silver and blue.
2. Should I give it a thought to go for XTA. I negated this 'coz the machine will be mostly driven by chauffeur. He might have to constantly switch between Vento & Hexa.
3. Should I wait until the next year or get the Rs. 1 insurance and go for it. I want to keep the machine for a long time.

Anything else should I consider?

Thanks folks
Old 20th November 2017, 12:51   #3404
BHPian

The Blue is my favorite, hands down. But, seeing you're from Bangalore, I'll just think twice about any dark color. Especially now that you mention that the car will be driven within the city most of the time. Any minor scratch will show up on the blue.

Why not take the white and then do a nice carbon fiber roof vinyl etc.? Would look really nice. Check this out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...w-image11a.jpg

If you can afford the automatic, I'll definitely recommend you to get that. The one time when you take the entire family out for a weekend, your knees will thank you.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 13:27   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hi great folks,

Almost decided to go for XT 4x2. Hexa will mostly be chauffeur driven for my dad within the city. He is upgrading from his 6 years old white Vento. Before I sign the cheque, I kindly request you to pitch in and help me make the right choice. Here are my questions.

Anything else should I consider?

Thanks folks
1) Blue or go for new bronze color
2) Go for XTA if you are going to drive
3) Go for insurance offer also try to get some discount as well
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks