Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2017, 18:02   #3406
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Team-bhp members based some statistics (which is actually very dynamic, change every moment), are found heavily in the favour of Tata Hexa, we may call it Popularity Index or PI litmus:

Since the publication of Official Review of the Hexa (21st Nov'16), there has been 228 pages till today noon, with total number of posts around 3407.
PIpm of Hexa: ~ 19 pages/month and,
PIpd of Hexa : ~ 9.3 posts/day

Similarly, for XUV500 (facelift, including automatic version posts):
PIpm of XUV500: ~ 6 pages/month
PIpd of XUV500: ~ 2.9 posts/day
However, older models have probability of lower PI, but with refresh and add-ons the interest can be maintained or enhanced)

For, Jeep Compass (new launches have probability of higher PI because of excitement of newness)
PIpm of Compass: ~ 14 pages/month
PIpd of Compass: ~ 7.4 posts/day

For BRV:
PIpm of BRV: ~ 3.36 pages/month
PIpd of BRV: ~ 1.6 posts/day

Somehow these indices correlate with prospects of the product, as that many people are watching or discussing it.

Further, to minimise the effect of time from the publication day, the comparison can done for the same duration from the publication date; i.e. PI of 3 months, 6 months, 1 year etc (provided data is available).

So, I again want to make the point that interest for Tata Hexa, my favourite, is one of the highest! Kudos to Tata Hexa!!
kbishwa is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:57   #3407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
So, I again want to make the point that interest for Tata Hexa, my favourite, is one of the highest! Kudos to Tata Hexa!!
Nice to know that the details which you shared summarise that there's considerable interest in the car!

I have a general clarification to all owners. SOUL membership entitles us with discounts on both AMC and offers, along with free pick up and drop of the car during services.
Has anyone here availed such offers and discounts? Or is there really no advantages of being a member apart from the occasional tours which TATA organises?
Old 24th November 2017, 13:43   #3408
BHPian

Hi All,

I had booked a Tata Hexa XT 4x4 Sky Grey 7-Seater on 24-Sep. The Sales Advisor had committed a delivery timeline of Diwali. There was no update of the Hexa getting scheduled for production till 3-Nov.

After multiple follow-ups and complaints to TML on twitter, I was told to wait for approximately 45 days more for the delivery of my chosen variant. The dealer has also offered to give me a White Tata Hexa 4x4, and initially said it was July manufactured. However, when I asked for VIN for checking manufacturing date, the SA called back to say that the vehicle is March manufactured. I declined to buy such an old vehicle, that too lying in the stockyard for close to 8 months and seen a heavy monsoon.

Thereafter, I have cancelled my booking on 12-Nov and initiated conversation with the dealer for refund of my booking amount. The dealer has given a verbal commitment to refund my booking amount in full. I have also submitted an application of refund of booking amount at the dealer on 18-Nov, and following up since then.

I would like to inform fellow BHP’ians and others that anyone who is looking at Tata Hexa 4x4 as a potential car may have to wait a long time. The dealer has said that Tata is reluctant to produce this 'one-off' variant as it impacts the production line and also due to increased load on the line due to Nexon. I have not personally verified the above stated facts by the dealer.

Sharing my experience on Team-BHP so that others are aware and can take the plunge accordingly.

Regards
Maddy3008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 14:00   #3409
BHPian

While the Nexon is doing very well judging from the number of them that we see on the roads, I doubt that the production of the Nexon affects the Hexa. The lines are not the same. The Hexa has a dedicated line.

With regards to the 4x4 variant availability, there may be a longer waiting period as the automatic has always had the highest demand, followed by the manual and last is the 4x4 manual.
mostlynerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 21:32   #3410
BHPian

I've booked an Arizona Blue Tata Hexa XT 4X2 from Concorde motors, Ambattur, Chennai. So far I've only gotten the insurance for free. What should I negotiate for? How much discounts can I hope for? Can I bargain to have the side steps and extended warranty for free?

Additionally, two of my relatives work in TCS. Does that give me any further discounts? Does anyone have any experience with that?
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 13:01   #3411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
I've booked an Arizona Blue Tata Hexa XT 4X2 from Concorde motors, Ambattur, Chennai. So far I've only gotten the insurance for free. What should I negotiate for? How much discounts can I hope for? Can I bargain to have the side steps and extended warranty for free?
I think the insurance is the biggest discount that you can expect. Tata is not even giving its own employees any discount on the Hexa. I tried with my contacts at Tata Motors. Did not help at all. You can ask them to give you Hexa branded mats for free. The side steps cost 15k, so that they will not give for free but I got them for 12.5k. you can also ask from the regular underbody coating etc. But that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Nice to know that the details which you shared summarise that there's considerable interest in the car!
I am going to try and get a discount on the AMC using the Soul membership. On the Facebook age you can also get regular discounted invites to Taj and other Tata company events and products. The dealers were anyway providing pickup and drop so I don't know how useful this would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Almost decided to go for XT 4x2. Hexa will mostly be chauffeur driven for my dad within the city. He is upgrading from his 6 years old white Vento. Before I sign the cheque, I kindly request you to pitch in and help me make the right choice. Here are my questions.
Colour is your personal choice and also for point 3, how much difference is it going to make? But if you don't mind waiting, you can take the 1st year benefit.

With regards to automatic, even if the car is driven by a chauffeur, will be easier for him. It will be a boon for you when you have to go for a long drive on your own.

But the way, I have a grey XTA and haven't regretted the choice ever.
A big vehicle like this in Mumbai traffic is a breeze to drive because of the auto.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 07:29. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.; Compacted quotded pot
mostlynerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 21:45   #3412
Senior - BHPian

Tata Hexa is launched in Nepal for Rs. 48.76 Lakhs.

It’s imported into the country as CBU from India and these beauties look so good the way it’s lined up in the pic below. My personal favorite color is the white and new color on the cards, the brown. Tata is going out strong with the right product line up from Tiago, Tigor, Nexon and the big daddy of them all the Hexa

Tata Hexa : Official Review-295495a72c4a481fa872918a7d1c0d15.jpeg

Rushlane
gururajrv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 13:42   #3413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Now Tata can say that it is an international product . Guess the price hike is purely due to import duties and taxes of Nepal.

I read in some other online news sites that already 12 of them were delivered to customers.

Most surprising thing about this news is related to following team BHPian's post.

Only 4x4 variant is made available in Nepal as per news available online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddy3008 View Post
I had booked a Tata Hexa XT 4x4 Sky Grey 7-Seater on 24-Sep. The Sales Advisor had committed a delivery timeline of Diwali.

In India, Tata is denying Hexa 4x4 to customers saying huge waiting period and other reasons. But, they are exporting the same model and delivering in Nepal. That is something which I cannot understand.

As per the information available through many channels, Tata dealers are not taking in any new booking for 4x4 in India - reasons given to customers are plenty. Do they have a facility where they make "export only" cars?

Apart from the minor cosmetic issues reported in earlier cars, the product is doing well and customers are also happy with the car including 4x4 variant.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 07:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 26th November 2017, 13:48   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post

It’s imported into the country as CBU from India and these beauties look so good the way it’s lined up in the pic below. My personal favorite color is the white and new color on the cards, the brown. Tata is going out strong with the right product line up from Tiago, Tigor, Nexon and the big daddy of them all the Hexa

Attachment 1699506

Rushlane
It's launched in Nepal at a price of NPR Rs.77.87 Lacs. See the link attached below : http://www.financialexpress.com/auto...5-lakh/947147/
Old 26th November 2017, 13:59   #3415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuks View Post
Now Tata can say that it is an international product . Guess the price hike is purely due to import duties and taxes of Nepal.
That’s absurd for denying or meeting delivery deadlines for Indian customers. I highly doubt if they really have a separate production unit to cater for exports without hampering or affecting the Indian customers. Perhaps the exports are bringing them additional benefit over in-house sale?

Absolutely agreed, Hexa is doing well but if they continue causing issues highlighted in your post, product may lose prospective customers. Hope Tata is looking into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
It's launched in Nepal at a price of NPR Rs.77.87 Lacs.
Yes, I gave my pricing in INR and Rushlane had indicated in Nepal ccy as well. I’m happy Tata is exporting their top of the line product now.

Though Hexa is derivative of Aria in few terms, it’s refreshingly fresh to be honest and I love the way it presents itself on the road.

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 07:27. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 26th November 2017, 14:32   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Team-bhp members based some statistics (which is actually very dynamic, change every moment), are found heavily in the favour of Tata Hexa

Well the whole calculation breaks down when you add the Innova Crysta to the mix

Last edited by ampere : 27th November 2017 at 07:25. Reason: reduced quoted post
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 22:32   #3417

Can a Fin antena be fitted to the Hexa instead of the one that comes factory fitted? Has anyone tried this? Reason is my parking entry height is short and will obstruct the factory fitted antena.
Old 27th November 2017, 06:28   #3418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Well the whole calculation breaks down when you add the Innova Crysta to the mix
I don't think it does. Could you give us some details of how you arrived at this conclusion?
Old 27th November 2017, 07:53   #3419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerintown View Post
Could you give us some details of how you arrived at this conclusion?
Well the Innova Official review thread has been up for 17 months now, with 71 pages of discussion. That leads to 71/17 = 4.17 pages per day, which is much lesser than the Hexa and the Compass.

On the other hand, the Hexa's sales are 1/6th of the Innova's and the Compass does about 1/3rd of the Innova. Hence the hypothesis that a vehicle's prospects are correlated to the interest level at Team-BHP, breaks down when you add the Innova to the mix.

Do advise if I misunderstood the post I quoted.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 27th November 2017 at 08:03.
Old 27th November 2017, 08:03   #3420
Distinguished - BHPian

Hardly a way to compare ! Activity on a thread is higher when a product is new. If one really wants to compare in this direction, then you would also need to add time to the mix. Number of pages in x months of launch. "X" to be same for all models. However, if a model has too many niggles, then the numbers can get skewed to that extent.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks