Old 3rd November 2017, 12:22   #3331
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The Hexa Downtown Urban Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors has launched the Hexa Downtown Urban Edition at prices starting from Rs 12.18 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

This is at a premium of ~Rs 46,000/- over the equivalent XE variant.

Quote:
On the lower-spec XE, XM and XMA trims, the Absolute package adds new tan seat covers, while the Indulge package on the lower variants gets them new 16-inch alloy wheels.
The top-spec XT and XTA trims, with the Indulge package, come with two Blaupunkt 10.1-inch infotainment screens for the rear and a dashboard-mounted heads-up display that provides speed limit alerts, battery voltage and tyre pressure information.
ACI

Hexa Downtown Urban Edition homepage
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 21:01   #3332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddy View Post
Hi Manoj,

If you dig deeper, they are additionally charging ₹ 5000/- as showroom charges too! And these charges are cleverly hidden under the RTO registration charges without providing the breakup.
Go through my previous posts -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4265683 & http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4266199

Shoot an e-mail to TML customer care. That is what I have done. Today I received a call from some TML person and he said he has forwarded the details to GM-Fortune Cars for further actions.

I would request existing owners and advise buyers in the pipeline to send an e-mail to TML and maybe finally upon receiving hundreds of mails from all over India; the manufacturer may issue straight away guidelines to the dealers to either stop or lower these charges. Similarly for all other manufacturers, because this issue is faced by customers of almost all manufacturers.

Would be easier for manufacturers and customers this way, than going the legal route like the techie from Hyderabad did against Hyundai (link - http://www.deccanchronicle.com/natio...g-charges.html).
Guys, I am expecting delivery of my Hexa this month and the dealer is insisting on charging Handling and Logistics charges of Rs 9,500. I wrote to TML helpline and seems that they forwarded my 'complaint' to the GM of Berkeley Tata (Chandigarh) who in turn tasked the sales person to convince me that this is a charge which everyone pays.

Upon countering him with the argument that this charge is illegal and has been struck down in three different jurisdictions, he presented me with a newspaper cutting citing a Supreme Court mandate dated 05 Jan 2017 Petiton for Special Leave to Appeal No. 26209/2012 suggesting that this charge is approved.

Digging deeper, I understood that the mandate regarding the above-mentioned petition stated that they would not be interfering with the High Court order in case WP(C) 8408/2011, part 3 (viii) of which clearly states that "All intending buyer of vehicles are also further advised not to pay any service / handling / miscellaneous charges, etc. apart from taxes / fees
mentioned above for registration of their vehicles.”

My question is, how should I proceed to get my charges waived off?
If anyone could please provide me with the relevant notifications from the Delhi Transport Department or Kerela / Telangana / Kerela transport departments regarding these charges, the dealership might relent or these documents might help me if I decide to meet the Chandigarh State Transport Authority (STA).

Many Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20171103wa0007.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf 871669.pdf (56.2 KB, 365 views)
File Type: pdf RSE20042012CW84082011.pdf (270.9 KB, 298 views)
Old 4th November 2017, 16:56   #3333
BHPian

Had gone for servicing my car at Concorde, dairy circle, bangalore, where I saw a lot of new Hexa's ready for delivery. It seems there is a batch of 50 Hexa's being delivered to Zoomcar.

Looks like I will rent a Zoomcar Hexa for my next home trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171104_111053.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20171104_114211.jpg  

nijelj is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 17:36   #3334
OSH
BHPian

How the lighting conditions of the above photos has made the Hexa's blue look like black.

I cannot imagine how mean the Hexa would look wearing a black shade and driving down the streets with those 19 inch wheels and blackend headlights. One would have had a gangster looking car.

Last edited by OSH : 4th November 2017 at 17:40.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 19:51   #3335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Had gone for servicing my car at Concorde, dairy circle, bangalore, where I saw a lot of new Hexa's ready for delivery. It seems there is a batch of 50 Hexa's being delivered to Zoomcar.
And it's already been listed on the Zoom Cars website now. Anyone wants to have some decent amount/range of test drive with their family should hurry before the cars start clocking some serious miles.

Only confusion is the Variant listed over there HEXA XE but with an Automatic GB. I checked the Hexa Variants listed on their official website and it's not listed there. Any possibility that for bulk orders, TATA has gone out of the way and delivered this particular variant for Zoom Cars.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-zoomcar.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa-variant.jpg
Highh5 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 07:34   #3336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
And it's already been listed on the Zoom Cars website now. Anyone wants to have some decent amount/range of test drive with their family should hurry before the cars start clocking some serious miles.

Only confusion is the Variant listed over there HEXA XE but with an Automatic GB. I checked the Hexa Variants listed on their official website and it's not listed there. Any possibility that for bulk orders, TATA has gone out of the way and delivered this particular variant for Zoom Cars.

Attachment 1692849

Attachment 1692850
Its understandable that for bulk orders it has provided blue for XE which otherwise comes only in white. Now this is available to the public as well.
But not sure if it's as easy to provide an auto version to a lower spec engine with a gear lesser!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 09:10   #3337
Distinguished - BHPian

Or it could have been an error on Zoom's website.

I am tempted to hire a Hexa now just for the heck of driving it somewhere over some weekend.
Old 6th November 2017, 10:08   #3338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Its understandable that for bulk orders it has provided blue for XE which otherwise comes only in white. Now this is available to the public as well.
But not sure if it's as easy to provide an auto version to a lower spec engine with a gear lesser!
Arizona blue in XE variant is available at extra cost for private buyers as well.
Old 6th November 2017, 11:51   #3339

Friends

My query is for Owners who own a Tata Hexa Automatic (XTA).

I see from the Tata’s web site that both ESP and TC are not available on the XTA variant - while I am surprised as to how Tata could have missed such a safety measure - in your experiences , have you felt the absence of these to be a concern or the mechanics of this vehicle adequately compensate ? Please advise - Thank you
Old 6th November 2017, 12:08   #3340
BHPian

Guys, I am thinking about getting wheel lug nut locks for my Hexa, so wanted to know the size of the lug nuts on the XT model (could not find the info in the owners manual).
If someone has already installed them, any pointers will be much appreciated.
Old 6th November 2017, 12:17   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post
Friends

I see from the Tata’s web site that both ESP and TC are not available on the XTA variant - while I am surprised as to how Tata could have missed such a safety measure - in your experiences , have you felt the absence of these to be a concern or the mechanics of this vehicle adequately compensate ? Please advise - Thank you
Requesting you to please go thorough this thread from the beginning (Previous posts). The topic raised by you had been discussed a lot, and you will find most of the information required by you
vsun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 12:46   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post

Attachment 1692849

Attachment 1692850
Thanks for bringing this up, I just received a confirmation from Zoomcar, it's a manual gearbox.
sugam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 16:13   #3343
BHPian

Autocar has updated its second Long term Tata Hexa Review:

Quote:
Now, normally, I’m not someone who goes weak in the knees when I see a set of big attractive wheels. But the Hexa with those alloys had me at ‘hello’. I loved the five-star design – those big solid spokes catch the light perfectly – and the stance of the car was much improved too, compared to the Aria.
I wasn’t part of the Hexa test-drive programme and only drove the car briefly when we compared
and road-tested it. So when the long-term car arrived, I was keen to do a nice long stint.
At first, I struggled with finding the ideal driving position: the seat is always either too close or too far. And that tiny touchscreen didn’t impress either. But then, the more I drove it, the more I found myself singing its praises. You’d think a lumbering elephant like this would be unwieldy in traffic, and initially, it is. But once you get to grips with it, the Hexa is so comfortable with its weight, it dances through traffic with the fleet-footedness of Diego Maradona going through the English defence.
What helps is that the steering is lighter than that of the Innova, and the Hexa changes direction more willingly. The six-speed gearbox and engine work so well together that responses are strong and very quick. In fact, flatten the accelerator and, more often than not (surprise, surprise), you’ll make that gap in traffic with time to spare. The latter is all down to the torque of course, and the responsive nature of the engine. It has a huge 350Nm from just 1,500rpm, and once you are at 1,700rpm, you are already at its peak of 400Nm; so now the Hexa, with its weight penalty all but negated, just goes whoosh. This engine is known as the Varicor 400 after all.
But it was on a quick blast up to Ranjangaon, 70km out of Pune, that the Hexa really blew me away with its ability to handle bad roads. Those 19-inch wheels have tall 55-profile tyres and that means they have an outer circumference of 2,260mm; this is not too far removed from bigger SUVs like the Range Rover Sport. While those SUVs have big 21-inch alloys, the Hexa, with its 19-inch wheels, has plenty and plenty of rubber. And that allows it to chew up huge craters, stretches of broken roads and the rock-strewn verges of monsoon-devastated roads with ease. In fact, the wheels have such a big rolling circumference, the tyres actually dwarf most potholes. Craters that would swallow an Alto wheel whole with a bone-jarring crunch are just skipped over nonchalantly.
Sure, those frequency selective dampers help, but the Hexa is just so comfortable with the rough stuff, we powered on where SUVs like the Brezzas and the Cretas feared to tread; must have passed at least fifty cars on the shoulder of the road. No wonder our new troop carrier is so much in demand. And yeah, the touchscreen may be tiny but that Harman audio system just rocks.
Check out the pics at: Source
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 16:57   #3344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Autocar has updated its second Long term Tata Hexa Review:

Check out the pics at: Source
That's really a great and encouraging review. However, I'm not sure if we can copy the entire content without infringing copyright, just a thought.
Old 6th November 2017, 21:01   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeEight View Post
Friends

I think I can answer your question. Personally, I feel that the ESP and TC are some important features which are good to have. But, personally this features are mere safety features which can be only experienced in a state of emergency and the XTA anyways comes with 6-Airbags and ABS with EBD as standard. So the must haves are the ABS and airbags which are well provided but at this price point, I really wanted the above two safety features as standard which TML didn't provide sadly

IMO, you'll not regret missing over these safety features as it's a beast of its kind and this is very practical for daily city usage. But still TML is making us choose between comfort and practicality or absolute safety . If I opt for absolute safety, I'll be missing the comfort and the practicality of an AT. Now it's your call.

All the best with your future purchase,
Varun

Last edited by Varun_HexaGuy : 6th November 2017 at 21:04. Reason: Adding a point :)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks