Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 18:43   #1816
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameya Janvekar View Post
There is a rubber lock which prevent the insertion of the tommy bar to lower the wheel.

Hence, unless you pull up this rubber plug from inside the tool compartment, you cannot insert the tommy bar to lower the stepney.

To steal the wheel, you need to take special efforts to access the clamp plate or chain, cut it, so as to drop the wheel out of the chassis.

Rgds

Ameya
Thanks, I'll confirm it with the SA. He said that he had to order a new set for the customer.
Old 10th April 2017, 20:06   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Had hired a chauffeur from DriveU last night.

I asked him how he found it? Pat came the reply 'kya suspension hai, sir - ekdum makkah' (what a suspension sir! Smooth as butter). Interesting how someone who isn't remotely interested in the technicalities of a car made the same observation as us enthusiasts.
Hello GTO,
Hope you are trying to mention butter here in that case it should be makkhan. Not sure if we call it Makkah in Mumbai

And yes Hexa's ride quality is best and specially with those 19" big wheels it looks really awesome. Brave decision from Tata to bypass 17", 18" and jumping directly to 19".
roby_dk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 12:04   #1818
BHPian

My Hexa is arriving this week but company lease process going to take some time. It might be done in next week and pickup the car some where around 23-24 April. Has anyone got any discounts on car or any other benefits on insurance and accessories please let me know i can negotiate with dealer.
Old 11th April 2017, 16:10   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
My Hexa is arriving this week but company lease process going to take some time. It might be done in next week and pickup the car some where around 23-24 April. Has anyone got any discounts on car or any other benefits on insurance and accessories please let me know i can negotiate with dealer.
I have not bought the Hexa yet but I have been visiting a few dealers. Depending on the place and demand, the dealer is ready to give discounts. In Mumbai they were ready to discuss discounts on the insurance & accessories, but no commitment. So, the discount can be finalised at the time of booking/final payment. However, they refused to decrease the price of the vehicle. At one of the dealers in Assam, where sales are very less (10 bookings/3 deliveries), the SM was ready to give some dealer discount also in addition to the discount on the insurance and accessories. I managed to see the dealer price vis-a-vis MRP of the accessories. The dealer gets around 15-20% on the accessories. We should be able to get upto 10-15% with hard bargaining. On insurance, I believe we can get upto 30%.
Old 11th April 2017, 17:21   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
I have not bought the Hexa yet but I have been visiting a few dealers. Depending on the place and demand, the dealer is ready to give discounts. In Mumbai they were ready to discuss discounts on the insurance & accessories, but no commitment. So, the discount can be finalised at the time of booking/final payment. However, they refused to decrease the price of the vehicle. At one of the dealers in Assam, where sales are very less (10 bookings/3 deliveries), the SM was ready to give some dealer discount also in addition to the discount on the insurance and accessories. I managed to see the dealer price vis-a-vis MRP of the accessories. The dealer gets around 15-20% on the accessories. We should be able to get upto 10-15% with hard bargaining. On insurance, I believe we can get upto 30%.
Insurance is taken care by leasing company, I am not taking insurance from dealer anyway so waiting for Insurance quote from leasing company and accessories still not decided if really I need anything other than under body coating and 3M paint protection, I think my dealer will give some discount on accessories. Any suggestion for the accessories must have.
Old 11th April 2017, 17:26   #1821
BHPian

Why I have decided not to buy Hexa after pre-booking with great enthusiasm (Is anyone taking a note from Tata Motors side for a free feedback!)

1. The dealership in Jamshedpur could not provide me with the model I was interested in, the Automatic.
2. For a 5 foot 6 inch person, the gear seemed miles away to operate.
3. From inside the vehicle it didn't give the same feel of space as it appears from outside, missed roominess.
4. While driving on a bad patch of road a lot of feedback/vibration was felt from the steering wheel. This was annoying (I know ladder-frame chassis has this problem, so what?)
5. Small touch-screen panel was a spoiler for such a big car, and that too without any inbuilt navigation system.
6. A good amount of effort while parking thanks to heavy steering, huge turning radius.
7. I read it's a heavy car, around 2.3 metric tonnes and that will kill fuel economy, tyres and the road where you drive! From the stable of Tata Motors where Jaguar (should I compare, but nothing wrong in taking a cue though) kind of feather light machines are produced.
8. For any SUV, although it's better in Hexa, the available boot space sucks! They make a 6-7 seater and keep boot space for 2 only!
9. AC blowers kept me reminding that they are working hard.
10. A vehicle without reverse gear safety lock, I missed this ..more so because the XT model has 6 gears.
11. I didn't experience but heard that it rolls at corners, a little bit more.
12. Tata brand is not easy to rely on, first hand experience with 2 cars, at least on durability and quality fronts (I wish to be proved wrong this time!)

I hope the proud Hexa owners wouldn't kill me. I'm eagerly waiting to change my opinion.

Last edited by kbishwa : 11th April 2017 at 17:53. Reason: Lots of typos. Please proof read & spell check your posts before submitting!
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 17:40   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Why I have decided not buy Hexa after pre-booking with great enthusiasm.
Just curious which other car meets your needs that you mentioned?
aamateen46 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:03   #1823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
True that. Bangalore roads are literally peppered with new Fortuners while the Endys are prolly half that number. Hexas, few and far between. I was in Delhi last week and was at Noida, Gurgaon & Central Delhi and the situation was the same. New Fortuner > New Endy > Hexa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Yes, more Fortuner than Endeavour though. Atleast 4:1
Individuals spotting cars is hardly a metric to gauge sales but I will also add my 2 cents since it does make for interesting insights.

For folks in Bangalore, my regular office commute is from Mahadevpura to Kadubeesanahalli junction on outer ring road. I do spot the new endeavor atleast 2-3 times a week on this stretch but yet to come across a single Fortuner despite being such a big hit in terms of volumes. I am yet to see a single Hexa on the same stretch except for the TD vehicle from Concorde at Kadubeesnaahli junction. Hardly reflecting the sales.

OT, somehow I see bangalore roads are flooded with XUVs hardly any exclusivity if you own one. Where as the same thing in Punjab/Haryana hardly any seen. I guess the tractor brand doesnt draw premiumness in North India.
Old 11th April 2017, 18:04   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Why I have decided not buy Hexa after pre-booking with great enthusiasm (Is anyone taking a note from Tata Motors side for a free feedback!)

1. The dealership in Jamshedpur could not provide me with the model I was interested in, the Automatic.
2. For a 5 foot 6 inch person, the gear seemed miles away to operate.
The gearshift is not long in automatic. For XT it is a bit long but you are looking for an Automatic.

Quote:
4. While driving on a bad patch of road a lot of feedback/vibration was felt from the steering wheel. This was annoying (I know ladder-frame chassis has this problem, so what?)
Might be an issue with the vehicle that you have test driven.The steering seems to be better that its rivals except that its heavy at lower speeds.

Quote:
5. Small touch-screen panel was a spoiler for such a big car, and that too without any inbuilt navigation system.
Agree. Tata should have provide a bigger touchscreen.

Quote:
7. I read it's a heavy car, around 2.3 metric tonnes and it will kill fuel economy, tyres and the road where you drive. From the stable of Tata Motors where Jaguar (should I compare, but nothing wrong in taking a cue though) kind of feather light machines are produced.
This seems to be an oversight.Most of the users have mentioned decent fuel economy.Going by how the tyres last on Safari , the hexa tyres should be good for 60 K which is similar to most of its competitors

Quote:
3. From inside the vehicle didn't give the same feel of space as it appears from outside, missed roominess.
8. For any SUV, although it's better in Hexa, the boot space available sucks! They make a 6-7 seater and keep boot space for 2 only for a long drive.
11. I didn't experience but heard that it rolls at corners a little bit more.
Which other vehicle in it's category has more space than Hexa. As far as I understand its spacious and handles better than its competitors.
praveen_n is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:18   #1825
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Individuals spotting cars is hardly a metric to gauge sales but I will also add my 2 cents since it does make for interesting insights.
It indeed is, "Jo bikta hai, woh dikhta hai." What sells, is seen.

IT corridors have never had a lot of "real estate" vehicles (Get the drift??) but come to the power centres and other commercial and residential areas and you will see them all over the place.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 18:23   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
Just curious which other car meets your needs that you mentioned?
At this price-point no car!

I waited for Hexa. And may wait till it's first overhaul/face-lift! Provided by that time Mahindra won't come with a better offer.

(Frankly speaking I cannot afford European/American SUVs like Kodiaq, Compass and Tiguan which definitely appear very fitting to my liking! Kadwa sach!)

Last edited by kbishwa : 11th April 2017 at 18:27.
Old 11th April 2017, 18:54   #1827
srh
BHPian

Quote:
At this price-point no car!

I waited for Hexa. And may wait till it's first overhaul/face-lift! Provided by that time Mahindra won't come with a better offer.

(Frankly speaking I cannot afford European/American SUVs like Kodiaq, Compass and Tiguan which definitely appear very fitting to my liking! Kadwa sach!)
All other things aside, I am really curious to know which 6/7 seater provides luggage space for 6/7 people.
srh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 19:01   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
Insurance is taken care by leasing company, I am not taking insurance from dealer anyway so waiting for Insurance quote from leasing company and accessories still not decided if really I need anything other than under body coating and 3M paint protection, I think my dealer will give some discount on accessories. Any suggestion for the accessories must have.
I believe the following accessories should be considered for the XTA:
Floor mat - Essential
Side Step - Essential
Mobile holder - Required, as there are no cubby holes.
Charging tray - My personal choice.
Wireless charger - My personal choice.
Door visor - Not essential but is helpful in monsoons for fresh air.
Bumper corner protector - Personal choice
Neck rest & pillows - Required on long journeys.
Perfume - Personal choice
Ganesha idol - Personal choice
Teflon + anti rust coating - Personally I will go only for the anti rust coating. I feel Teflon coating is superfluous.
Dash mat - Personal choice.
Carrier - Essential.
Seat cover - Required as the seats are a bit hard.
Carnot OBD device - Not a part of Tata's accessories. Gives information about the car. Personal choice

Last edited by noopster : 13th April 2017 at 14:12. Reason: Added missed point
Old 11th April 2017, 19:06   #1829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
All other things aside, I am really curious to know which 6/7 seater provides luggage space for 6/7 people.
The luxury vans they use in china for border crossing from Hongkong airport to mainland china. These are also used as share taxis, 6 or 7 people plus their luggage

None of those models are present in india. few examples

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Alphard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Elgrand
castiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 19:10   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
I'll re-quote what I wrote:

" 8. For any SUV, although it's better in Hexa, the available boot space sucks! They make a 6-7 seater and keep boot space for 2 only! "

So I'm admitting that as per my limited knowledge, almost no 6-7 seater SUV/MPV provides enough boot space. This is a dilemma for a buyer like me who is in the market to buy a 7 seater for the first time and finds this

By that standard why not give more points to a Duster 4x4 instead!

Last edited by kbishwa : 11th April 2017 at 19:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks