Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2016, 10:28   #316
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
A sales executive at concord motors, Bangalore, near hosur road, confidently said that the pricing for Hexa XT (manual - top end), would be around 23 on road. He said that's the rumour among the staff. XM would be around 19.
If that happens then Hexa will be the next Aria i.e. DOA (Dead on Arrival). Toyota and Mahindra will laugh all the way to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I don't see any way Hexa can start at 12. My guess is they will go head to head with XUV. So a range of 15 to 22.
I would say that they need to adopt a similar strategy like the XUV. Start low and get more and more Hexa on the roads. Slowly increase the prices over the years. Mahindra and Toyota have been able to build a brand, while all Tata have are a few die hard Storme fans. And these die hard Storme fans will really not be able to give Tata the numbers that they desperately need. I seriously do hope that the Tata marketing team's compensation is linked to the sales numbers, before they are allowed to take any pricing decisions.

PS: I have nothing against the Storme fans. I am one too. And if Storme came with an AT gear box, I would have had one standing in my stables by now.
Old 13th December 2016, 10:38   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
For the sake of those who have fallen in love with the Hexa (me included), let's hope this doesn't turn out to be true.

No one will pay 22 big ones for a Tata. If that's the case, it'll be like the S-cross - super competent car, killed by the way it is (was) overpriced, the 1.6
I think it can be priced similar to XUV500 given the overall quality, engineering and equipment list.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 10:40   #318
BHPian

Do you know that this is a marketing strategy or a miss in management, where the cars are not reaching the dealership at the same time across the India and Dealerships are not well informed about the plan as well. Secondly starting test drives before the launch, will that bring in a positive perception ? My feeling is that the enthusiasm will go down once they announce the pricing. I feel that Tata has failed in this angle. I think Ford has done this keeping up the positive momentum and increased the momentum exponentially high with EcoSport and they succeeded to the maximum level ..
Old 13th December 2016, 11:55   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
PS: I have nothing against the Storme fans. I am one too. And if Storme came with an AT gear box, I would have had one standing in my stables by now.
I am not a big fan of Hexa but looking out for an AT car this time. With current options available in 15-20L price bracket we have Hexa, XUV & Crysta with their own pros and cons.

For me it is Hexa > XUV > Crysta as of now but as mentioned in recent posts if Hexa touches 23L then it has to be in last position.

I can skip and live without the long list of features in XUV/Hexa/Crysta if Tata rolls out AT in Safari Storme. If Tata really want to try premium pricing better to bet on Safari Storme.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 13:47   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I think it can be priced similar to XUV500 given the overall quality, engineering and equipment list.
If one has to pay upwards of 20L for XT then be rest assured the hexa baby after being born is going to make its trip straight to the graveyard. I doubt Tata can command such a price in the current scenario.

Personally I have booked hexa XT but in the last two weeks the sales advisor has literally been bluffing me on the test drive. After consistent follow ups finally on saturday late night he says 'ok i can manage a short ride for you tomorrow'. I said I will be there at 11am for XT to which he said he only has auto. Then he goes onto add that if you come later than 11 he would not give me the test drive. Next morning I told him I want a manual for test ride if he has one. He said a bland no. On insisting when would I get a test ride now he says end of December - beginning of January. I see RavenAvi's post where even smaller cities have got test cars now. With this attitude and prospective pricing I am almost certain that I am going to visit the showroom this Sunday and get my 11k back. Road for hexa ends for me now. Even after paying up 2 odd months in advance a Tata dealer cant assure me a test ride then I dont think the after sales service is going to be a thing to talk about. Really disappointed.

I will go ahead with Scross 1.6 then. Atleast the Nexa guys have been quite transparent and to the point. I know there could be a facelift for the car but I have spent over a year finalizing and now its high time I bite the bullet.

All the best to the future Hexa owners.
deevee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 15:14   #321
BHPian

@Deevee
Well that is definitely a loss for Tata. Shows the lack of interest from the dealers. Why 1.6 S Cross? Logically you should be moving to XUV
Old 13th December 2016, 16:40   #322
Senior - BHPian

This appeared on my wall. A discussion between a family of senior auto-enthusiasts and rally drivers. Happy to see that opinion is definitely changing for the better.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I have spent over a year finalizing and now its high time I bite the bullet.

I know it's not a good feeling when you are treated shoddily, deevee. I suggest you try a different dealership if you have one in your area, or even better, catch hold of another sales advisor from the dealership and ensure that the benefit goes to the new guy.

On a different note, you mention you have waited a whole year or more. Why not wait a few more days? As the saying goes, "It's darkest before the dawn."

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Back to back posts merged
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:51   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I will go ahead with Scross 1.6 then. Atleast the Nexa guys have been quite transparent and to the point. I know there could be a facelift for the car but I have spent over a year finalizing and now its high time I bite the bullet.

In the same boat. I am seriously tired of the delays from Tata. If they don't get their act right OR if they end up pricing Hexa in the Crysta range then my money is surely with Mahindra. Already the kids are sold on the sunroof, but I have been patiently waiting for the Hexa for a long long time. I really do hope that a superior engineering product doesn't get killed by greedy marketing and sub-standard sales.
ptushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:04   #324
BHPian

I'm very surprised at the marketing strategy adopted by Tata for this wonderful product.
You have announced that bookings are open.
You have sent out test drive cars.
You have collected so many inquiries and test drive requests.
And you still give no indication of the price to your dealership?
I think they should have mentioned at least the base price - starts at 11.xx lakhs would instantly get them attention. 14.xx lakhs won't.
If they think that deciding the price after looking at the customer interest is a good idea-it isn't. Mahindra could have run away with pricing the XUV at least 3 lakhs more than what it was priced at. It looked very different back then and people would have paid. But things are different now. Tata has no contender in the SUV segment (the Safari is my favorite but it has few fans in the present generation of car buyers).
I sincerely wish that the company realizes this fast and corrects itself. Else, it will be another good product destroyed by a formidably incompetent marketing effort.
I am a Tata fanboy- I recommend Tata products to everyone but sometimes I cannot understand how a company with so many smart people ends up ignoring ground realities. No one will pay 20+ lakhs for any product from their stable yet, and since this is what the showroom folks are saying, they'll lose many potential customers overnight.
Old 13th December 2016, 17:15   #325
Distinguished - BHPian

For anyone in Delhi who is interested to check out the Hexa on display as well as take test drives, this is the place to go:

Pahwa Motors,
African Avenue Road,
Safdarjung Enclave,
Bhikaji Cama Place,
South Delhi.

Not sure about Concorde Motors' attitude, and why they are deliberately misleading potential Hexa customers. Looks like they are reserving TDs for select customers only. I have concrete info that they have received TD cars too.

More than the company or the product's final pricing, it is the dealers' attitude which might end up killing all the hype/enthusiasm for such a wonderful offering - dare I say the best Tata till date!

Last edited by RavenAvi : 13th December 2016 at 17:16.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 17:54   #326
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know where in South Mumbai the car is actually available? I'm amazed that Concorde Prabhadevi, despite being a Company owned showroom still doesn't even have a demo car let alone TD vehicle. Despite the car being available in many dealerships across the country.
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:00   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
To AT users and experts:
Hexa moves without any A-Pedal input immediately after releasing the pressure on B-Pedal. Is this normal in other AT cars? Didn't observe this in cars which I have driven abroad.

Wouldn't this increase break-pad/disc wear faster compared to MT variants.
Do we also loose mileage because of this feature? Is there any other hidden problems because of this?
All automatic cars tend to 'creep' when you release the brake and car is in D mode. Its not something new with the Hexa.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:01   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
In the same boat. I am seriously tired of the delays from Tata. If they don't get their act right OR if they end up pricing Hexa in the Crysta range then my money is surely with Mahindra. Already the kids are sold on the sunroof, but I have been patiently waiting for the Hexa for a long long time. I really do hope that a superior engineering product doesn't get killed by greedy marketing and sub-standard sales.
As confirmed by Raven Avi Sunroof is available as an optional accessory in Hexa too(Page15). Better to wait for some more time before finalizing between the two.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:01   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know where in South Mumbai the car is actually available?
Not sure about South Mumbai, but Wasan Motors located near Swastik Park, Chembur has TD cars available.
Old 13th December 2016, 18:10   #330
BHPian

Had a first hand look and feel of the Hexa at an event recently. Being an Innova Crysta owner I can tell you the interior fit and finish comes nowhere close to Crysta level. The rear seats lack thigh support and space in 2nd row also felt much less as compared to crysta. Hexa needs to be priced atleast 4 lacs cheaper or no one is going to touch it. Lets hope Tata guys don't get overconfident again.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks