Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2016, 11:03   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
So what about aggressive pricing information you received for manual variants from 10.xxL to 16.xxL? You believe 12L to 18L is more authentic?
This comes from a trusted source who has seen the ex-showroom prices sent to dealers in Mumbai.

Waiting for confirmation for ex-showroom Delhi prices. It hits the sweet spot (neither low, nor high), and everyone will say "Tata has got the Hexa priced just right!"

---------------------------------

Also, if you are a future Hexa customer, get ready to meet ‘Hexa Relationship Executives’.

Quote:
The focus is on offering a premium sales experience to prospective customers at its existing outlets.
One of the key enablers of the premium experience will be ‘Hexa Relationship Executives’. These are dedicated staff to handle both roles of the sales person and the service advisor and will be dedicated to the Hexa customers.
Dealers are promising deliveries of the first batch of Hexas by end-January.
ACI

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th December 2016 at 11:07.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th December 2016, 11:10   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
So what about aggressive pricing information you received for manual variants from 10.xxL to 16.xxL?
I think 12-18 L is more probable.
The Safari Varicor 400 is priced at 13.9 L ex-showroom in Delhi. I have a feeling Tata won't really undercut the XUV 500 by a huge margin. Do remember Tata isn't in a position to hike the price of the Hexa a few months down the line.
Old 9th December 2016, 14:11   #288
APV
BHPian

Spotted today - two more test mules of Hexa on Salem - Coimbatore highways near Avinashi. Still doing final rounds of testing I suppose.

Couldn't click pictures will try to grab snapshots from my dashcam later today
Old 10th December 2016, 00:24   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drive pics are being shared from many parts of the country over the past 4-5 days.

Delhi:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-del1.jpg

Lucknow:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-luck3.jpg

Haldwani:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-haldwani2.jpg

Pune:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-allahabad1.jpg

Kolkata:
Tata Hexa : Official Review-rdm2.jpg

All pics sourced from Facebook. Copyright to their respective owners.

In addition, the Hexa is also on display at the Hotel Vivanti by Taj, Dwaraka, New Delhi, where the dealers training was underway earlier today:

Tata Hexa : Official Review-15420847_1251981324845702_7682719567382629145_n.jpg

Also, my friend Ashok test drove the Hexa XTA 4x2 TD car at Prerana Motors, Bangalore. He shared some interesting pics and observations with us on WhatsApp.

Quote:
Steering is smooth and responsive.
Engine noise wasn't that much audible inside the cabin - if you revved hard, you could hear it. Still it doesn't sound harsh, but quite sweet, like a free revving and a gently roaring beast.
Shift response of the AT is controlled by the car's CPU. For example, it didn't engage 3rd gear when the car was not in the right speeds or RPMs.
In Sports mode you get the feeling that you could drive for long distances and enjoy it thoroughly.
3rd row doesn't fold flat.
Coming out from the 3rd row is a bit of a stretch, specially for short people.
Most of the enquiries and bookings are for the XTA 4x2 model.
5 customers waiting for TD after me.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image7.jpg

Ingress/egress.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4.jpg

Space in the XTA 4x2 2nd row.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

3rd row folded with the headrest removed. Doesn't fold flat (about 10 degrees). Legroom is more than ample. In terms of overall space and comfort, the Hexa is second only to the Xylo.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th December 2016 at 00:25.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 08:10   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Yes even I believe that they should price it around 10.5L if they want to target XUV 500 customers. The long term reliability of Hexa is still a question mark. XUV 500 is a tried and tested product and the customer knows its pros as well as cons properly. So I think people would go with XUV to be on safer side.
I for one will surely cancel my booking if XT is on the wrong side of 16L on road. Why? I would prefer a tried and tested car if I am going to shell out so much. Till now I find Hexa as the perfect car for my needs atleast on paper but if the pricing is off for me then I have scross 1.6 in mind which is of a different segment though. Cant figure out the rationale why I feel so. But I would still not go with XUV, creta or duster. The cabin of xuv is a let down once you have seen the hexa's. Creta sxo is overpriced and every new duster's test drives reveal where all squeaks can come from.

On a different note I booked a car with Arya Motors Gurgaon. I was perhaps their number 1 customer and overall in Gurgaon in top 30 (i wonder how) but till date I have not got a test drive. I religiously follow up with him every third day but all i get is 'Sir dont worry'. I almost booked an scross 1.6 out of frustration yesterday. Tata please help!

Last edited by deevee : 10th December 2016 at 08:12.
deevee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 08:20   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
I for one will surely cancel my booking if XT is on the wrong side of 16L on road. Why? I would prefer a tried and tested car if I am going to shell out so much. Till now I find Hexa as the perfect car for my needs atleast on paper but if the pricing is off for me then I have scross 1.6 in mind which is of a different segment though. Cant figure out the rationale why I feel so. But I would still not go with XUV, creta or duster. The cabin of xuv is a let down once you have seen the hexa's. Creta sxo is overpriced and every new duster's test drives reveal where all squeaks can come from.

On a different note I booked a car with Arya Motors Gurgaon. I was perhaps their number 1 customer and overall in Gurgaon in top 30 (i wonder how) but till date I have not got a test drive. I religiously follow up with him every third day but all i get is 'Sir dont worry'. I almost booked an scross 1.6 out of frustration yesterday. Tata please help!
Even I have registered for a test drive. Lets see when I get to drive the Hexa. Eagerly waiting for it.
Old 10th December 2016, 17:14   #292
BHPian

I've been waiting a while for the Hexa. Went to have a look at the Hexa in Mumbai and was offered a test drive. It was a manual 4x2. The car is better than any other Tata i've driven (i've owned two - a Vista Quadrajet and a Nano). The drive was excellent...handles like a smaller car. BUT THE GEARS ARE TERRIBLE. I couldn't slot into 5th or 6th gear except by accident (maybe a problem with the particular test drive car?). That's unforgivable for a car in this class i suppose. So...I'll be looking at other options.
Mountain.Goat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 17:53   #293
BHPian

Finally got a chance to driver this beauty XTA, though I was interested to see Arizona Blue they (Prerana, Lalbagh) didn't have that car for TD or display. Hoping too see them in Concorde (was told cars will be available for test drive by Monday/Tuesday) or Hexa Experience center in Bangalore.

Once they key is turned towards start, the engine started smoothly without jerk. (Have driven Safari Storme and it gives a jerk to convey I am ready )
Drive was very smooth, tested upshifting quickly in lower speed and got a clear audible warning and MID display warning as highlighted in Review. Whether the car is in Manual or Auto mode it drives like gliding on butter, always the power delivery is smooth.

As I was new to AT cars of this size, wanted to test stop and go on a inclined place (basically wanted to test the so-called in-build Hill Descend/Ascend control). While in Manual 1st Gear or Auto the car stood standstill without rolling back even for 10sec (might hold still further, didn't test with longer duration). Immediately once the gear was moved to Neutral, car started to roll back. Not very sure what tech they use to hold the car like this or it's just holding because there is some default throttle going to engine. But all is good.

Observed couple of issues, My left knee rub's the dash right-side A/C part while ingress to driver seat (I am 5'10"). Salesperson advised me to push the driver seat back while getting down and adjust it back once boarded back for driving.

Spent some time in last row and felt lite rattle sound because of woofer, may be it's some issue with this car alone (I hope), asked sales guy to check and fix.

After opening the driver side door the first look felt bad because of this huge gap marked in RED. I guess reviews were highlighted on Yellow portion but RED portion is also bad. They should have covered it with some leather/leather-like

I have booked my car already a month back, might go with XTA. Waiting to drive 4x4 before finalizing.

Sales guys told price of XTA would be 17.5L ex-showroom and 1 lakh more for 4x4 and prices would be shared before launch and deliveries would start on same day of launch which is 18-Jan-17.

Missing this car for year-end trips
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg  

Last edited by Black_Beast : 10th December 2016 at 17:58. Reason: proof read bugs fix-up
Black_Beast is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 18:31   #294
BHPian

Today received a call from the dealer nearesr to my house. He asked me whether I'm buying Hexa. I said first I want a test driver and will then decide on buying it. He said the car will lauch in January. Only after the launch it will be available for test drive.
Old 10th December 2016, 19:47   #295
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

Test drove the Hexa XT today at wasan motors, there weren't many customers at 4 pm today and we were shown the way to the car almost as soon as we had arrived.

Having already seen the car earlier I just wanted to get behind the wheel!
Boy it's a beast when switched on, starts with a rumble (loved it) and settled to a silent purr.

There is a little vibration felt in the gear lever but not as much as the safari (a friend has the storme)

This is the first car /suv in which I was able to find the best possible seating position for me in Less than 5 adjustments; usually takes so much more tweaking - the seats are just an awesomely comfortable place to be in.

Slotted it into reverse to get out of the yard and it was so easy to manoeuvre, the steering felt light and didn't require effort.

Once out of the yard, the beast is really easy to guideand lead into spaces and it's weight isn't felt at all. The car just surges forward but there is a very slight turbo lag initially. I was at 120 in no time, and it didn't feel like it at all, brakes did lack feel but the cat stopped without any issues even from that speed without drama.

Now to the gear box, I did fee that box was a little slow and notchy it took a little time to slot to the next and one lost a little momentum while doing this; now this was minimal but it still wasn't a let down for me, the safari has it a little worse.
Once into gear it once again picks up without issues, like the weight didn't matter at all. Love the way Tata has tuned the engine power delivery.

Overall I loved the car, the manual may be a little tougher to drive, but once youre used to the box it's gonna be a cake! I'm still going to drive the XTA to make up my mind but I really want the 4x4 and also ESP, traction control and rollover mitigation- so it's safety over comfort. Only time will tell.

I'm sold.

Cheers
aayushnair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2016, 22:27   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong. I guess Tata's aim would be to take out the XUV 500 rather than the Crysta.
I spoke about Toyota with respect to the video review, since they clearly compared it with the Hexa on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
My Vista is 5 years and 99000 kms old. The only noise I hear is from the engine guard with a loose bolt. This after traversing all over the country on great roads, good roads, average roads and no roads.
Glad that you have a good experience with your Tata vehicle. My experiences were with the Safari and a few owners I know also complain about it's poor build quality and reliability.

A lot of people say that Toyota have over priced their car's but I feel that's not completely true. I feel local manufacturer's who get a lot of support/incentives from the government, spend comparatively less on R&D, Same time foreign players like Toyota have a big disadvantage in currency exchange as the Yen's value is higher and taxes imposed on imported parts are also higher. Even after this disadvantage, imported car's like Toyota are just 3-4 Lakhs more expensive than the local car's. So I feel more than TML, it's Tata who are fleecing their customers by not giving truly VFM car's to us.
stanjohn123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 00:32   #297
Sac
BHPian

Are you seriously suggesting that the Toyota Innova Crysta or Corolla are imported vehicles? Even suggesting that the imported parts are more is an incorrect statement,
since they are all built locally with almost identical (and Maximum) localization content in line with all other India based manufacturers, Tata, Mahindra, Ford, Suzuki, Hyundai, Honda, Nissan etc.
Sac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 07:17   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Glad that you have a good experience with your Tata vehicle. My experiences were with the Safari and a few owners I know also complain about it's poor build quality and reliability.

A lot of people say that Toyota have over priced their car's but I feel that's not completely true. I feel local manufacturer's who get a lot of support/incentives from the government, spend comparatively less on R&D, Same time foreign players like Toyota have a big disadvantage in currency exchange as the Yen's value is higher and taxes imposed on imported parts are also higher. Even after this disadvantage, imported car's like Toyota are just 3-4 Lakhs more expensive than the local car's. So I feel more than TML, it's Tata who are fleecing their customers by not giving truly VFM car's to us.
If you think Tata is fleecing their customers, what's Maruti doing then with their tin cans (except S-Cross)?! After all, they were protected by the Government for a very long time. That's the reason why their sales is higher than all the others combined.

Toyota's Bidadi plant was not bought but given by the Government to set up shop similar to Hyundai and Ford in Chennai. The localized content is high. Conversely, as you can see in the Hexa, Tata also relies on international suppliers.

IIRC, Tata spent 1400 Crores developing the first generation Indica in the early 90s, an amount which no one would have thought of those days.

On a personal level, I have used the Safari for less than 10000 kms, so am not qualified enough to comment. My Sierra, Sumo, Indica and Marina each ran over 165000 kms before I got the Vista. And I can notice the difference in quality. I have also had the very uncomfortable Qualis (for me), my cousin owns the boring Innova.

You can dismiss me as a fanboy, but I prefer being neutral. It's only the reliability and build, backed by VFM that has made me stick to Tata time and again. Try driving any other manufacturer's car the way a Tata is used/abused, I will guarantee that they will fall apart.
discoverwild is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th December 2016, 15:20   #299
BHPian

To AT users and experts:
Hexa moves without any A-Pedal input immediately after releasing the pressure on B-Pedal. Is this normal in other AT cars? Didn't observe this in cars which I have driven abroad.

Wouldn't this increase break-pad/disc wear faster compared to MT variants.
Do we also loose mileage because of this feature? Is there any other hidden problems because of this?
Old 11th December 2016, 15:33   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
To AT users and experts:
Hexa moves without any A-Pedal input immediately after releasing the pressure on B-Pedal. Is this normal in other AT cars? Didn't observe this in cars which I have driven abroad.

Wouldn't this increase break-pad/disc wear faster compared to MT variants.
Do we also loose mileage because of this feature? Is there any other hidden problems because of this?
Its exactly the same in Celerio. And when you stop the car in D mode, in signals, the mileage tends to decrease. This is what I've observed from my 4hrs experience of driving Hexa!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks