Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2016, 14:19   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickstead View Post
I strongly agree that almost all cars are being used as cabs on roads today.

Strictly my opinion, No offence please.
TATA is not yet affordable to enjoy that privilege of selling same car for both taxi use & private use. Cab image even for the base variant of Hexa might ruine the image of the car in the layman market . So, I do not want Hexa base variant to start below 12 lakhs Ex-showroom.
Totally agree with ruining the Hexa image in the layman market! Should start somewhere around 12-14!
Old 6th December 2016, 14:21   #242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Yet again, another beaten-to-death topic about Tatas and taxis! Those who wouldn't want to buy a Hexa wouldn't buy it irrespective of whether it's on the road as a taxi or not. Heck, they wouldn't buy even if the Sultan of Brunei drives one!!

Those who would want to buy would just go ahead and buy it. Let's leave it at that please.
discoverwild is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 14:33   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Thank you.

It all comes down to one's own individual requirements and priorities, I guess.

Would you want an ultra-spacious 4-seater with individual maharajah seats for everyone, or would you want a 2nd row bench sitting 3 passengers with some compromise on individual space?
Individual maharajah seats sounds good.

Yes you are right I can go for captain seats as in that case all seats in car will be have almost similar(not equal) comfort with still luggage space left for short trips.

I have already been in captain seat Innova and I feel ingress and egress will be much easy as compared to tumble down seat of 7 seat version.

Last but not least if hexa is launched with pricing range of Rs 10.49 lakhs - Rs 16.49 lakhs! it will definitely kill sales of Xuv, Innova, Creta & Duster.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 14:45   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Yet again, another beaten-to-death topic about Tatas and taxis! Those who wouldn't want to buy a Hexa wouldn't buy it irrespective of whether it's on the road as a taxi or not. Heck, they wouldn't buy even if the Sultan of Brunei drives one!!

Those who would want to buy would just go ahead and buy it. Let's leave it at that please.
I have every intention of buying and so do most of my friends, some who have paid the booking amount. Few people maybe bored with the topic but there are others like me out there who do care about the tata and taxi and the beaten-to-death topic!
Cause if not you, it does effect me, if it ends up becoming a cab which is seen everywhere.

Effects of which could be positive or negative or neutral, like yours! And lets not go off topic!
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 14:55   #245
BHPian

No offense to anyone, but I see people saying it's better if Hexa were to be priced a little more than what the birdies are chirping, so as to dissuade the fleet market.
To each his own but a potential buyer would never think like that.
Give me a choice between seeing a few Hexa's with yellow plates on the roads or spending a couple of lakhs more and I know what I would go for.
Further, earlier Tata were being badgered to price the Hexa competitively & now that they might, we are still not satisfied.
r0nit7 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 15:15   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
No offense to anyone, but I see people saying it's better if Hexa were to be priced a little more than what the birdies are chirping, so as to dissuade the fleet market.
To each his own but a potential buyer would never think like that.
Give me a choice between seeing a few Hexa's with yellow plates on the roads or spending a couple of lakhs more and I know what I would go for.
Further, earlier Tata were being badgered to price the Hexa competitively & now that they might, we are still not satisfied.
Exactly. It's insane anyone would want the car to be priced more, unless you care least about it selling in first place! May be there is a strange thought process there, but I am not going to believe that he/she is a potential buyer.
prakash_ajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 15:22   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I have every intention of buying and so do most of my friends, some who have paid the booking amount. Few people maybe bored with the topic but there are others like me out there who do care about the tata and taxi and the beaten-to-death topic!
Cause if not you, it does effect me, if it ends up becoming a cab which is seen everywhere.

Effects of which could be positive or negative or neutral, like yours! And lets not go off topic!
Well I think pricing will not have much impact on Hexa it is the car design or philosophy which result in car being used in commercial segment.

Lets take an example of Toyota Innova vs Tata Safari you will rarely see Safari being used by taxi drivers although it is much cheaper than Innova.

Now coming to Hexa if this car boast more features and convenience of people mover then no one can stop it being used as taxi. But at the same time the top models having 19inchers are definitely not for them as the running cost will be high.

So if you are really willing to buy Hexa and want the same model to be not seen as Taxi you should opt for XT models OR better wait for Tata to add similar features in next Safari Storme update.

Last edited by roby_dk : 6th December 2016 at 15:45.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 15:33   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

If people think a high sticker price is deterrent for fleet buyers, there are hordes of Merc E-Class running on yellow plates. Does it mean the next time we see an E Class on white plates, we just say "Meh" and ignore it? With the growing popularity of Ola/Uber/Zoomcar etc, there is hardly any car which can't be found on yellow plates. I have seen cheap to maintain Nanos and expensive to maintain Skodas being run as Ola cabs. IMO, one should look at the attributes of a model and VFM quotient to buy it.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 16:31   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Well I think pricing will not have much impact on Hexa it is the car design or philosophy which result in car being used in commercial segment.

Lets take an example of Toyota Innova vs Tata Safari you will rarely see Safari being used by taxi drivers although it is much cheaper than Innova.

Now coming to Hexa if this car boast more features and convenience of people mover then no one can stop it being used as taxi. But at the same time the top models having 19inchers are definitely not for them as the running cost will be high.

So if you are really willing to buy Hexa and want the same model to be not seen as Taxi you should opt for XT models OR better wait for Tata to add similar features in next Safari Storme update.
Yup. XT suits just well!

And i just realized how important the keyless feature is, when a family at the showroom gave that as the main reason as to why they did not like the car! And absence of sunroof even in the top-end made them feel that the car was technologically not up-to-date!

Anyways, me and few colleagues are waiting for the manual TD vehicle in Bangalore.
Old 6th December 2016, 17:22   #250
BHPian

That pricing is too good to be true! I'll have a new load of respect for Tata is they pull it off!

But pricing aside, I am worried about the engine in the car. Big diesels are coming under radar and might as well get outlawed, so what happens if I intend on keeping the car for 10 years?
Old 6th December 2016, 17:39   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post

If you have every intention of buying it, my guess is you shouldn't be bothered about who else is buying it. If you really want exclusivity, then the number of zeroes will just have to go up by one more.

Let's give the vehicle it's due and also the sales for Tata to know that they are on the right path. I'm not looking to buy the Hexa, but might pick up the smaller Nexon if the need arises. Currently very happy with the Vista at 99k kms. I consider Tata to be the most VFM brand, but for the Aria.

If Innova Crysta can sell as a taxi at almost 8L more, there's no stopping anyone from using the Hexa as a taxi, if it's as reliable as I think it will be.
discoverwild is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 18:59   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you.
"Expect killer pricing for the Hexa range, specially for the manual variants. Pricing range expected to be cut down by around 1.5 lacs!"

That would mean a (new) pricing range of Rs 10.49 lakhs - Rs 16.49 lakhs!
I went to book Hexa, and the SA told me that XTA (4X2) will be the top of the line model. More expensive than XT 4X4 with Super drive!

I hope that's not true.
Old 6th December 2016, 19:26   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post
I went to book Hexa, and the SA told me that XTA (4X2) will be the top of the line model. More expensive than XT 4X4 with Super drive!

I hope that's not true.
If you read through the lines of Raven's statement, this could be true. He is saying, manuals will be priced lower.
Old 6th December 2016, 19:54   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Here is the Tata Hexa Owner's manual, in PDF format (244 pages)
Thanks for the manual.

QuestionIn their website, there's mention of Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA) and in the manual I see Electronic Brake Prefill (EBP). Are they one and the same? If yes, our/my understanding of how HBA would work (increase the hydraulic pressure) and explanation for EBP are different.

Observation: Some of the members (including me) was exploring the possibility of downsizing 19 inchers to 16 inchers, but don't think it is possible without compromising on safety, as manual clearly says ESP will not work properly if tyre sizes are changed (though I understand difference in total is only 2 inches between recommended 19 inchers & 16 inchers). Is it still possible to change? Are there any tolerances for ESP to work as intended?

Attachment 1582314
Attached Images

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th December 2016 at 23:05. Reason: Fixing broken quotes.
Old 6th December 2016, 20:17   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyodi Backster View Post

I hope that's not true.
It will indeed be. XTA will cost more than the XT 4x4 manual. The autobox is imported and TATA would have certainly eyed that it would sell in decent amount and would try make a little bit of a higher margin on the Automatic. But I believe it wont be like 3 lakhs more expensive. Another month to go, pricing will be out.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks