Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2016, 16:35   #361
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Came back from Concorde motors; they have the Hexa on display. Test drive will start only later this month or even next month.

Was floored with the looks, fit & finish and the overall feel of the vehicle. It is really really nice. Booked it instantly. I seldom take decisions from heart. But this was one of those exception moments.

Now really looking forward to the test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy.S View Post
but this comparison sheet seems to have been made as a school assignment by a bunch of 10 year olds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
The first point in the advantages for the hexa over the XUV seems very childish.
I think we are missing the point that the sheet presented is for internal circulation and not something that Tata will hand over to the general public. (It says so on every page of the PDF). So I think this sheet is created to educate and arm the sales staff to have a proper conversation with the customers. This sheet will equip the sales force to present a compelling case for the Hexa. Now from that angle then, Tata seem to have done their homework really well. The sheet is extremely detailed and captures a true picture. After all excess chrome may be a great differentiation for some while it might be a childish for others. But for the sales guy, it is important to know this difference. Then it is upto his / her on-the-spot assessment of the customer to consider whether to tell this information or not.

In my view Tata are really treading very well with the Hexa. The have a superbly engineered product. They seem to have done their homework well. They seem to be responding well to feedback (e.g. introduction of the 7-seater version for XT and XTA). They seem supremely confident of the product (Offering it for two days to drive any which way). All they need is spot on pricing and they have a winner.

As for me (variant to variant):
- Price for Hexa is less than the price for XUV - Hexa wins
- Price for Hexa almost equal to price for XUV - Hexa still stands some chance to win
- Price for Hexa between price for XUV and Crysta - Hexa loses
- Price for Hexa in the range of price for Crysta - Hexa loses, Tata loses and Tata can forget about an MUV for some time to come
- Price for Hexa is greater than price for Crysta - Then we can confidently say that parallel universes exists and we are in one of them

Last edited by ptushar : 15th December 2016 at 16:57. Reason: Quotes
ptushar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th December 2016, 19:36   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
I think we are missing the point that the sheet presented is for internal circulation and not something that Tata will hand over to the general public. (It says so on every page of the PDF). So I think this sheet is created to educate and arm the sales staff to have a proper conversation with the customers. This sheet will equip the sales force to present a compelling case for the Hexa.
Thanks for pointing out. Tata should find out about the leak and make sure these things don't happen again. I don't know why employees can't keep these things for themselves.

And as for the discussion on this in this thread, it is okay if we use it for our information, but don't treat it like Tata meant it for you. I mean, it is okay to point out factually wrong things but not points like format, immature etc.
Old 16th December 2016, 09:49   #363
BHPian

People who are looking for a real SUV, go to Ford Showrooms, the better truck is available with huge Discounts to clear the 2016 inventory. Trend is available with Below Discounts
1. 5.99% Interest or 1.08 L discount
2. Loyalty Bonus (Only Endy to Endy) or Exchange Bonus of 1 L
3. Can Bargain for more based on the month of Manufacture, An august manufactured car in Bangalore is getting another 62K in the form of cash discounts and Extended Warranty.

Once we add up all these things, the on-road price of Trend 2.2 AT and 2.2 4X4 MT is coming to 26.5 (With third Year Extended warranty) for Bangalore and Hyderabad. That is a stealth deal. I am sold fully .. If you are planning to keep the car for another 5 Years, no look back, this is the time to buy this car.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2016 at 13:04. Reason: Keep the fanboy posts OFF Team-BHP
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 16th December 2016, 10:03   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
So, if they put 'Electric sunroof' as a negative against XUV, does that mean sunroof not an option (either OEM or even as a dealer option) at launch?

May be it'll come later.
One month to go, we'll find it out! :-)

Concorde Pune called up saying display car available at the showroom, but it will take some time to start the Test Drives.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:25   #365

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
People who are looking for a real SUV, go to Ford Showrooms, the better truck is available with huge Discounts to clear the 2016 inventory. Trend is available with Below Discounts
3. Can Bargain for more based on the month of Manufacture, An august manufactured car in Bangalore is getting another 62K in the form of cash discounts and Extended Warranty.

Once we add up all these things, the on-road price of Trend 2.2 AT and 2.2 4X4 MT is coming to 26.5 (With third Year Extended warranty) for Bangalore and Hyderabad. that is a stealth deal . I am sold fully .. If you are planning to Keep the car for another 5 Years, no look back, this is the time to Buy and this Car
With all due respect Sir,
IMHO the HEXA top trim with 4X4 will most probably still be priced lower than the Endy variant you have mentioned here. If TATA's recent launch strategy is anything to go by, then will price this at the sweetest price point in the segment like they have done for all their recent launches. Additionally they have been giving 3 year warranty along with attractive AMC packages at very low rates in initial months of the launch. So I expect the Hexa to remain the best value for money proposition if that is buying criteria which you wish to emphasize upon.
Hexa 4x4 being based on the safari storme platform & chassis can also be expected to have good to decent SUV capabilities with a lot more features of course. In any case the Endy and the HEXA appeal to different buyers group therefore some one looking for butch, bold and budget SUV may still want to go for the hexa.
Old 16th December 2016, 10:41   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
As for me (variant to variant):
- Price for Hexa is less than the price for XUV - Hexa wins
- Price for Hexa almost equal to price for XUV - Hexa still stands some chance to win
- Price for Hexa between price for XUV and Crysta - Hexa loses
- Price for Hexa in the range of price for Crysta - Hexa loses, Tata loses and Tata can forget about an MUV for some time to come
- Price for Hexa is greater than price for Crysta - Then we can confidently say that parallel universes exists and we are in one of them
From the rumours on the prices (and what I got to know in the call from the TATA lady), the scenario seems more in the first two buckets. If it any of the remaining, then like others have already mentioned, the Hexa is DOA (dead on arrival).

Also I personally feel the XUV will have some reduction in prices once the hexa is launched to make it a better value proposition. How it will work out, is for time to tell
Old 16th December 2016, 11:36   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Hello is this offer available in Delhi as well?
Endy is a better option than Hexa any day as it is one segment above. If we get this much discount then I feel better to stretch and grab Ford.

I feel discount on XUV will not create much problem for Hexa as they belong to same segment and Hexa seems to be a clear winner over XUV with fresh design, space and comfort.

But the deals on next segment are always lucrative specially for those who will opt for XT/XTA model of Hexa.
People will never mind moving one segment above if huge discounts are offered. Consider a scenario where you went to buy Rapid and settled for Octavia.
Few other Examples: Creta > Tucson | Verna > Elantra | Vento > Jetta.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 12:54   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4@theheart View Post
With all due respect Sir,
IMHO the HEXA top trim with 4X4 will most probably still be priced lower than the Endy variant you have mentioned here. If TATA's recent launch strategy is anything to go by, then will price this at the sweetest price point in the segment like they have done for all their recent launches. Additionally they have been giving 3 year warranty along with attractive AMC packages at very low rates in initial months of the launch. So I expect the Hexa to remain the best value for money proposition if that is buying criteria which you wish to emphasize upon.
Hexa 4x4 being based on the safari storme platform & chassis can also be expected to have good to decent SUV capabilities with a lot more features of course. In any case the Endy and the HEXA appeal to different buyers group therefore some one looking for butch, bold and budget SUV may still want to go for the hexa.
Endeavour is a notch above in all aspects, starting from features to Build quality.
Just to give you couple of points.
1. The leather quality is much superior.
2. The Plastic Quality is a grade above
3. The Departure and Approach angle are much bigger
4. 8 way power adjust driver seats.
5. Electronic boot release and Close
6. Much powerful A/C with a bigger compressor
7. 8 inch touch screen
8. Two way Auto climate A/C
9. The four wheel system is much advanced and it is AWD
10. Water wading capcity is 800 MM compared to 400 MM in Hexa
11. Ground clearance is 225 MM compared to 209 in XT
12. The steering is very light weight for city drive as well.
13. Smaller turning radius.
14. Overall fit and finish is much finer.
15. The biggest point is reliability, As this is a CKD one, it is having global standards and the car will be rock solid for at least 2 L KM
and 10 years

There would be more but I am stopping here.

Now the positives of Hexa
1. Have 6 airbags (Here I am comparing only trend Variant)
2. Have DRL
3. Have LED tail lamp
4. 2nd row captain seats.
5. Maintenance would be low as it is an Indian made.

To give you background I booked Hexa on Nov first itself and the treatment what I am getting from Tata plus this offer making me to think that I will cancel the booking and go with Endy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Hello is this offer available in Delhi as well?
Endy is a better option than Hexa any day as it is one segment above. If we get this much discount then I feel better to stretch and grab Ford.

I feel discount on XUV will not create much problem for Hexa as they belong to same segment and Hexa seems to be a clear winner over XUV with fresh design, space and comfort.

But the deals on next segment are always lucrative specially for those who will opt for XT/XTA model of Hexa.
People will never mind moving one segment above if huge discounts are offered. Consider a scenario where you went to buy Rapid and settled for Octavia.
Few other Examples: Creta > Tucson | Verna > Elantra | Vento > Jetta.
This should be a PAN india offer as we are getting in Kerala, TN, KA , Andhra and Telengana

Last edited by anumod : 16th December 2016 at 12:55. Reason: Fixing Typo
anumod is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:28   #369
BHPian

Quote:

Once we add up all these things, the on-road price of Trend 2.2 AT and 2.2 4X4 MT is coming to 26.5 (With third Year Extended warranty) for Bangalore and Hyderabad. that is a stealth deal . I am sold fully .. If you are planning to Keep the car for another 5 Years, no look back, this is the time to Buy and this Car
Why are you promoting the Endeavour in a Hexa thread? Are you simply not realizing (or don't care) of bringing up an off-topic or just want to instigate things?
prakash_ajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:36   #370
BHPian

Quote:
To give you background I booked Hexa on Nov first itself and the treatment what I am getting from Tata plus this offer making me to think that I will cancel the booking and go with Endy
I agree, the bookings were launched on 1st Nov. Now 45 days later, Hyderabad yet to get any TD vehicles and I don't even see a banner in Concorde Motors. TM needs to really pull up their socks and do something about it. Else the multi-year effort in creating this product would be moot.
anthiltg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 14:45   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
Why are you promoting the Endeavour in a Hexa thread? Are you simply not realizing (or don't care) of bringing up an off-topic or just want to instigate things?
I booked Hexa on the first day, that is on the day they opened the bookings. The way they are treating the customers and their professionalism is no way near acceptable limit. The TD cars have arrived in Hyderabad in last week itself.Now its more than 10 days and they are not arranging the TD's.

Secondly thought of sharing with folks that this is a good option if someone here are looking for a proper SUV.

I hope now things are clear with you
Old 16th December 2016, 15:53   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The TD cars have arrived in Hyderabad in last week itself.Now its more than 10 days and they are not arranging the TD's.
You are complaining about a product which is not formally launched yet. You are concerns are very much valid if it happens after 18-Jan.

Quote:
Secondly thought of sharing with folks that this is a good option if someone here are looking for a proper SUV.
How can you make a comparison and come out with a conclusion about the product which is not officially launched, without knowing its price, and also without test driving it?

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th December 2016 at 15:55.
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 16:31   #373
BHPian

Anyone having a pic of a hexa which is not XT/XTA?
As other variants come with steel rims, was wondering how it would look. Wish they had the same wheels on XM as the XT.
Old 16th December 2016, 16:33   #374

Quote:
Endeavour is a notch above in all aspects, starting from features to Build quality.
Just to give you couple of points.
===========

This should be a PAN india offer as we are getting in Kerala, TN, KA , Andhra and Telengana
Hi
At the risk of going off topic
My post didn't intend to say that Hexa has more features than the Endy but rather that HEXA will be the best feature package at it's price point which would be much more attractive than the Endy. Tata always places its vehicles at the sweetest price point

In simple words
More money = More Features

A valid comparison for the Hexa will be Mahindra XUV 500 or may be the Innova crysta. Similarly a valid comparison for the Endy will be the new Fortuner.

I think that I have clarified my position and hence I would stop here as the Endy thread will be a better place to discuss the features and off roading capabilities of the Endy.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th March 2019 at 15:07. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 16th December 2016, 16:40   #375
BHPian

Quote:
15. The biggest point is reliability, As this is a CKD one, it is having global standards and the car will be rock solid for at least 2 L KM
and 10 years
Really. My friends Land Rover started giving trouble in 6 months after purchase. It is CBU import so it should have even higher "global standards"

Last edited by JediKnight : 16th December 2016 at 16:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks