Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:51   #511
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
The full page ad is there in Times of India Delhi also.
Hi, I guess it is an all India adv since TOI Pune carries it too. Tata will have to market the car aggressively. People will have to be made aware of the product.

Nikhil
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:48   #512
Senior - BHPian

Checked Hexa in person today. Sales person hinted at an ex-showroom price range between 13-19L (Kerala). If it is true we are going to see lots of booking cancelations.
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:58   #513
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Hexa Auto today. Came away impressed. Very commendable job done by the hard working folks at TML.
Ride, Stability, Brakes (felt a wee bit "wooden"-ish), Space, Seat support, Interior quality is very good indeed. Build quality too is pretty neat. Suspension does its job quietly. Visibility is very good for such a large vehicle. Tractability was commendable with the engine accelerating briskly with minimal turbo lag from tickover.

Get the pricing right and this vehicle deserves to sell on its product attributes alone.

All the best Tata!
arjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:01   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Checked Hexa in person today. Sales person hinted at an ex-showroom price range between 13-19L (Kerala). If it is true we are going to see lots of booking cancelations.
Shocked. I mean what sort of pricing are people expecting for such a well built and decently loaded car? Are they expecting on-road price to be ~15 lacs?
rajivr1612 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:05   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Again, while the snob value of Toyota is missing with Tata Hexa, agreed. However, Tiago has certainly done a fair amount of rebuilding the brand for Tata and certain amount of positive vibe is evident around Hexa.

13L starting is a fair price for this product and it deserves this. Lets see how the price is decided and how the market responds.
Old 2nd January 2017, 19:23   #516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Shocked. I mean what sort of pricing are people expecting for such a well built and decently loaded car? Are they expecting on-road price to be ~15 lacs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
13L starting is a fair price for this product and it deserves this. Lets see how the price is decided and how the market responds.
Completely agree! While I have not TD-ed the Hexa, it seems to be quite an impressive package from what I see on paper and definitely deserves this price range! I am surprised that people are more than eager to pick up certain vehicles from Renault and Toyota (no offence to owners of either brands) which are way overpriced for what they offer just for the brand value but are concerned about the very reasonable pricing of Hexa which is loaded with features to say the least.
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:00   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Completely agree.

We want so much more for our money. In my opinion, for all good things in life, you must be ready to pay a reasonable price. 13-19 for a vehicle like this, especially when compared with whats on offer in this price range, looks reasonable to me.

But then, to each his own.
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:47   #518
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Totally agree. 19 lacs ex-showroom seems very reasonable for fully loaded auto variant. Crysta z auto is 21.xx.

Last edited by m8002? : 2nd January 2017 at 20:53.
Old 2nd January 2017, 20:55   #519
BHPian

Does hexa have the auto start/stop function, when in neutral? Like XUV? Tried searching online but nothing specific mentioned anywhere.

Also, do the dealers of other brands offer alloy wheels over steel ones, in a lesser variant by including the relevant price during booking/delivery?
If so, wish tata does it!

Last edited by abhi7013 : 2nd January 2017 at 20:57.
Old 2nd January 2017, 21:17   #520
BHPian

Prices of Crysta have increased from 1st January. This should be a good news for Tata Hexa.

Last edited by KK_HakunaMatata : 2nd January 2017 at 21:19.
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:37   #521
BHPian

Quote:
If its going to be 19L ex-showroom, it would be a great gamble.

Quote:
Is 19L for top end wont be an overkill (when you compare with XUV500 W10 AWD-AT is below 19L)? If I'm not mistaken Hexa does not have AWD+AT combination (not even keyless entry, sunroof). So the pricing should be at least 2L below this i.e. 17L or something like that.
W10 FWD AT is 17.75x
Less Cost of Sunroof/Key-less entry and other gizmo's 50K
Less 25K for attracting customers at launch. Hence 17L MAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Completely agree! While I have not TD-ed the Hexa, it seems to be quite an impressive package from what I see on paper and definitely deserves this price range! I am surprised that people are more than eager to pick up certain vehicles from Renault and Toyota (no offence to owners of either brands) which are way overpriced for what they offer just for the brand value but are concerned about the very reasonable pricing of Hexa which is loaded with features to say the least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Totally agree. 19 lacs ex-showroom seems very reasonable for fully loaded auto variant. Crysta z auto is 21.xx.
I don't think its reasonable when you compare with the prices of XUV
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 00:10   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Does hexa have the auto start/stop function, when in neutral? Like XUV? Tried searching online but nothing specific mentioned anywhere.
This feature is not available with the Hexa.
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:29   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Is 19L for top end wont be an overkill (when you compare with XUV500 W10 AWD-AT is below 19L)? If I'm not mistaken Hexa does not have AWD+AT combination (not even keyless entry, sunroof). So the pricing should be at least 2L below this i.e. 17L or something like that.
W10 FWD AT is 17.75x
I agree with you on pricing HEXA XTA (4x2) below XUV W10 AWD-AT.
Again we should not forget that Hexa is more capable and practical vehicle than XUV. Here are some key points worth to note
1. Sturdy chassis (where as XUV is monocoque)
2. Better suspension, ride and handling (as per official review and fellow members feed back)
3. More luggage space (thanks to it's length)
4. Better interiors, captain seats, ice etc.

Of course there are some missing features like keyless entry, sunroof, electrical driver seat adjustment etc.

My take on pricing:I am ready to bite the bullet if XTA is priced ~17.3L ex showroom (slight premium to W8 AT but a tad below W10 AWD-AT).

Last edited by hillsnrains : 3rd January 2017 at 08:32.
hillsnrains is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 09:29   #524
BHPian

I and a colleague of mine managed to get a very brief TD of a brand new TD-HEXA that had just arrived at Nerul. It was a 4x2 Manual. I found the manual very to convenient to drive, and found no problems with the seating, etc. Just that the a little effort is required to reach the gear lever. However, my colleague said that the leg space for the driver was cramped and that his left leg started paining during the short test drive.

In terms of refinement, it is way ahead of my Innova (2008). Its a huge car, and with a very pretty looking rear. What impressed me the most were the seats. The captain seats are way better than the ones in my Innova. - They simpy blow the Innova away. They are more wider, and with greater under thigh support and I could sit far more comfortably. Enough and more has been said about the ride quality.

As someone said earlier, I am also intrigued by how TATA has managed to botch the rear seat. It does not fold flush (with or without the headrest) and looks really odd, the other glaring omission in a car of this quality was the keyless entry and start.

On bookings, the sales guy said that the Nerul showroom has already has over 40 bookings. On pricing, he said that TATA will price it between 12-18 Lakhs ex-showroom, and if that is true then this will definitely see very good numbers.

Last edited by an_and : 3rd January 2017 at 09:31.
an_and is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 13:15   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hexa XM/XMA variant, envisioned with the Storme's 5-spoke alloys.

Image created by DJ.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-xm.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks