Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 13:27   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead1981 View Post
The next day was a dull one at the office which is situated on the outskirts of the city and to my surprise i got a from a person who introduced himself at the SA and he inquired whether I was interested in a longer TD in the Coimbatore Salem highway? .
Its annoying that here in Bangalore, though people have paid the advance way back, they are not getting an opportunity to take the car for a long test drive.
Lucky you!
Old 10th January 2017, 13:56   #602
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
Hmmm, was it a planned 'leak' 9 days before the d-day to create the right hype?
It is a planned leak. You cannot expect Multi National Companies to be so poorly coordinated internally. It could be a case of a simple A/B testing marketing teams do ahead of a product/feature launch to gauge customer interest/reception/behavior with and without exposed to some inputs. The reception they got at the experience centers setup recently at Bengaluru and Chennai is before the pricing information. The reception at the upcoming weekend experience centers in other cities ahead of the launch will be after exposure to pricing information. They will see if there is a difference, statistically speaking, to see how critical is the price quoted, in weaning/wearing prospect interest. This is however, assuming prospect characteristics are similar across all cities. Also, this will help them understand prospect behaviour even on their website pre and post info exposure.

Now what remains to be seen if there will be another planned leak with a different mention of price.
bhaskaracs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 14:00   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess Tata has done a commendable job on Hexa marketing, this is one car which is being talked about for ages, and still has people hooked on. Tata in direct or indirect marketing has kept the car fresh and in people memories.

The marketing team deserves a pat on the back just like the design and sales team. This has to be one of the most anticipated launch from an Indian manufacturer in past few years. Don't remember any car which had so much limelight before, knowing tata and with the LeaK(which just like the post above, i also agree is staged), this car is going to be a really good hit.
Old 10th January 2017, 14:33   #604
Senior - BHPian

11.99 or below Starting price - Superb
<= 12.3 Starting price - Good
12.99 or more starting price - Hi ARIA here I come!!
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:05   #605
BHPian

Just got a call from the Tata Hexa marketing department (had booked a test drive request a week back). The confirmed the prices as between 12 Lacs to 18 Lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

Very tempting indeed!
Old 10th January 2017, 16:16   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
Just got a call from the Tata Hexa marketing department (had booked a test drive request a week back). The confirmed the prices as between 12 Lacs to 18 Lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

Very tempting indeed!
They've been telling this both in call centers and showrooms since November! 12-18!
Old 10th January 2017, 16:17   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
11.99 or below Starting price - Superb
<= 12.3 Starting price - Good
12.99 or more starting price - Hi ARIA here I come!!
I don't think a lakh rupees in this segment is that BIG differentiation. In comparison, the Creta and Duster are costing certainly in this region. Hexa offers much more than them (read additional row of seats) and the image and feel of a true MPV, if not SUV.

In short, compare the prices of Creta, Duster and S Cross with that of Hexa for realizing the true worth of the vehicle.
rangarx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 16:18   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post

Very tempting indeed!
I don't know why but I have a feeling TATA is going nowhere with Hexa with this price list at least.

And I have reasons to believe so.

Imagine someone interested to lay his hands on a 4X4 MT in a place like Pune. The on-road price would come anywhere around 20 or might as well cross it. Now, come on, in this price, there are many options with an advantage of them being running on the road for last few years and trusted. If someone is that enthusiast, he/she can stretch a bit and add few more lakhs and go for an Endevour. At least I would do that.

As I suggested the TATA guys when I went for a test ride of Hexa - Somehow undercut the XUV by at least 1.5 lakhs, if you really want to expect a successful vehicle in Hexa. Guess what, none seems to have cared two hoots for my suggestion

But nonetheless - I have no qualm in sticking my neck out and say; with this price I can see another Aria, albeit better in look & feel, in Hexa.
BeingCynical is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 17:04   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post

Imagine someone interested to lay his hands on a 4X4 MT in a place like Pune. The on-road price would come anywhere around 20 or might as well cross it. Now, come on, in this price, there are many options with an advantage of them being running on the road for last few years and trusted. If someone is that enthusiast, he/she can stretch a bit and add few more lakhs and go for an Endevour. At least I would do that.
The Endy 4x4MT trend is 23.8lacs ex showroom in Pune. Even by enthusiast standards, 5lacs is a big stretch over the Hexa. What options do you have in mind for 4×4MT that is 20lacs OTR and so well appointed in terms of features and proven for reliability?

The first thing Tata needs to drop in my opinion is this mindset of underpricing cars to competition. Not in this segment where engineering matters much more than just a discount on price . And XUV is a poor comparison cause it came with its fair share of troubles like all M&M cars do. If Tata has confidence in the quality of their product they have to price it right and not lower. Esp. if its being touted that the product has inputs from JLR. Lower has back fired on a mega project for tata already cause lower was associated with cheap and not necerssarily VFM.

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 10th January 2017 at 17:06.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 17:34   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
If Tata has confidence in the quality of their product they have to price it right and not lower. Esp. if its being touted that the product has inputs from JLR. Lower has back fired on a mega project for tata already cause lower was associated with cheap and not necerssarily VFM.
Tata's confidence in its product can help only in confidently putting it through its paces (like in Hexa Experience), provide better maintenance package & so on, but with trust deficit, good product alone definitely cannot guarantee success.

HEXA with its good reviews has made the few fanboys happy & lots of fence sitters (who are happy with the product based on reviews, TD etc & not with overall experience from previous ownership or 'perceived' bad impression about TATA) to wait & watch. It is important for TATA to convince all the "fence sitters" and only way to do it with very attractive price at launch combined with solid maintenance package. Once the initial response is good, with good product and improved service, positive word of mouth will help in building trust and they can slowly and steadily keep increasing the prices.

In other words, as I have been repeating hereh, follow Tiago's pricing strategy.

tifosikrishna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 19:09   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Somehow undercut the XUV by at least 1.5 lakhs, if you really want to expect a successful vehicle in Hexa.......with this price I can see another Aria, albeit better in look & feel, in Hexa.
If you read feedback from those who have test driven the Hexa, almost everyone (not all), have claimed its far far better than the XUV and almost on par (if not better in some aspects) with the Innova Crysta. And you want to undercut the XUV by 1.5L.

No doubt, if Tata Motors can do so, everyone will be super happy, but honestly that's not going to be realistic.

Yes, the top end XUV has additional features, but the Hexa offers a better middle row (with lumbar support and curtain blinds), option of captain seats or bench, a usable boot, and a much better music system (not that it matters much in this context). The build quality, most have said is way ahead of the XUV. The ride quality, most have said is better than the XUV. And XUV is not overpriced for us to expect Tata Motors to undercut by such a huge margin. And lets not forget that the XUV niggles thread is not stagnant yet. Mahindra is super responsive though and have managed to address issues well, and Tata Motors can definitely learn from them.

The biggest problem with the Aria, was that Tata Motors priced it higher than "holier-than-thou" Innova. With the Innova Crysta, moving higher up the pricing chain, Tata Motors needs to thank Toyota, for making space for the HEXA.

And do consider that the prices of XUV/Innova Crysta have already been revised recently. Tata Motors may price the Hexa manual version well, but the auto version top-end, with the 19 inchers is going to cost a bit.

Last edited by sachinayak : 10th January 2017 at 19:11.
sachinayak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 20:24   #612
BHPian

Quote:
For the cheapest of the available Ford Endeavours (2.2l MT 4X4) on road price comes around: 29.88L in Pune (Ex Showroom, Pune: 25,02,815. Source: Ford Website).
So, IMHO stretching of the budget from 20L for Endeavour would be on higher side.
Yeah of course, one might consider the Endeavour as an option I'm not denying that.

Let's keep our finger crossed and hope that Tata surprises us with sweet and realistic pricing.
carbhaari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 20:26   #613
BHPian

Just not sure whether this is a killer pricing for Hexa. When you are going to put big 20 rupees you are looking at all aspects including resale and reliability. This is where Hexa might have issues. If Mahindra push an 2017 facelift XuV500 with upgraded interiors Hexa will be in deep trouble. Ideally they should have undercut XUV atleast by 1.5L even if they have to take a loss in the beginning(which anyways i doubt).
msk_kapoor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 20:54   #614
BANNED

Quote:
I don't know why but I have a feeling TATA is going nowhere with Hexa with this price list at least.

But nonetheless - I have no qualm in sticking my neck out and say; with this price I can see another Aria, albeit better in look & feel, in Hexa.
My thoughts resonate with yours. Here are a few real life instances I came across:

1: Neglected Safari and bought a Creta
Creta top end was bought for the features and not for safety. The owner reluctantly neglected the Safari because it is a Tata, it is very big, it has poor FE and it has no features.

2: Neglected Hexa and took delivery of XUV5OO W10
XUV was bought in 2017. On the name of Hexa, the person simply said "Tata nahi chahiye, XUV is a better car". This person had TDed the Hexa before going for XUV.

So, having only a good product isn't enough; having a good image is even more important. When one pays his money for an Innova, the customer actually pays for
  • Product
  • Manufacturer's goodwill
  • Manufacturer's and Dealer's margins
Apologies for offending Tata loyalists, but Tata has lost the rights to ask for the second one. No goodwill is left as of now, and if they think that they will get away with a UV that still has the side profile of Aria (My BIL has booked his and he had to say those words) by pricing it higher than XUV; I doubt if the sales graph will ever get to see a rise. Maybe it will see a spectacular fall after initial hype is over.
VKumar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 21:08   #615
Senior - BHPian

I am ready to bet that the Hexa would be priced below the 12.30 Lac price tag. This price leak of 12.30 Lac is done to create a hype or to make the prospective buyers 'psyche' ready for the amount of Rs.12.00 Lac.

After that the price announcement of 10.99 Lac or 11.99 Lac will have a big shock-effect.

Let's wait and see !!!
carwatcher is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks