Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 14:20   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
The only issue here is pricing. If the Hexa is 21-22 OTR for the xta, that brings it dangerously close to the reigning SUV champ the endy trend, with the recent discounts.

I hope that tata will be smarter and keep at a safe distance from the endy 4x2 trend.

It all depends on pricing which I hope hexa will announce soon. I know of a few people who are buying other cars right now because they don't know dates and pricing of the Hexa and they are worried that tata will pull an Aria again price-wise.
While pricing is key for any product, the Endy, after the recent price revisions starts at around 24.3L ex showroom for the entry Trend 4X2 AT ( which actually is quite well loaded ). The Hexa, which most likely will price itself on par or at a discount to the XUV, can by no measure be close to the Endy because the current XUV TO END W10 AWD AT is around 18.3L ex-show room. So not sure how the Hexa XTA can be near the Endy ?
Old 30th November 2016, 16:40   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
While pricing is key for any product, the Endy, after the recent price revisions starts at around 24.3L ex showroom for the entry Trend 4X2 AT ( which actually is quite well loaded ). The Hexa, which most likely will price itself on par or at a discount to the XUV, can by no measure be close to the Endy because the current XUV TO END W10 AWD AT is around 18.3L ex-show room. So not sure how the Hexa XTA can be near the Endy ?
Correct. Person going for Duster/Creta/Scorpio can try stretching for Tata Hexa that too entry level or mid variant.

Endy and Fortuner are far away from Hexa and obviously a segment above too.

No reason a customer to buy Hexa instead of Endy or Fortuner which are class ahead.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 19:12   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

There are discounts on the endy. 1.08L discount right now.

I'm expecting hexa to be at a premium to XUV.

Let's hope that's not the case.
Old 30th November 2016, 19:19   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Shared from a WhatsApp group.

Spotted in Pune. No, deliveries have NOT begun.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

Over-enthusiastic dealer decked a TD car, or, sneaked out for a party/wedding?

Your guess is as good as mine.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 19:40   #185
BHPian

Although bit late, but What a Review !! Took almost one and half hour to read all the details.

Good to see Tata putting efforts to really bring quality fit and finish to their cars.

I am sure same efforts will be put by Tata to price the Hexa competitively.
Old 30th November 2016, 19:52   #186
BHPian

Which color option will be best on Tata Hexa ?

1. Arizona Blue

2. Tungsten Silver

3. Pearl White

4. Sky Grey

5. Platinum Silver

For me Arizona blue seems to be the best option.
roby_dk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 06:58   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
=======
For me Arizona blue seems to be the best option.
I liked Arizona Blue too but saw that it was collecting too much dust during the Hexa experience in Gurgaon. Instead of the Blue I am more keen on Tungsten silver instead.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th March 2019 at 15:04. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 1st December 2016, 07:34   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Correct. Person going for Duster/Creta/Scorpio can try stretching for Tata Hexa that too entry level or mid variant.

Endy and Fortuner are far away from Hexa and obviously a segment above too.

No reason a customer to buy Hexa instead of Endy or Fortuner which are class ahead.
A close friend yesterday booked the Hexa XT 4x2 and that too after having booked a black Endy 3.2 Titanium.

Reasons for the same that he gave me: Hexa looks too good(better build quality too,compared to Storme) and loaded with features especially at the price point that it will sell at.Second he loved the Alloys and mentioned they look of car much expensive and from a higher segment.
rosaf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:14   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post
A close friend yesterday booked the Hexa XT 4x2 and that too after having booked a black Endy 3.2 Titanium.

Reasons for the same that he gave me: Hexa looks too good(better build quality too,compared to Storme) and loaded with features especially at the price point that it will sell at.Second he loved the Alloys and mentioned they look of car much expensive and from a higher segment.
Many people are torn between the Hexa and the Endy. I myself have an XTA booked, but Im considering canceling it and stretching to the Endy Trend. The complete lack of pricing information from Tata is not helping -- not sure if Endy discounts will last until Tata discloses their pricing.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:33   #190
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
S
Over-enthusiastic dealer decked a TD car, or, sneaked out for a party/wedding?

Your guess is as good as mine.
Not a dealer car, its a company car. Usually when a person retires in TaMo, a car is decked up with flowers and is used to ferry the retired person right till his/her residence in Pune as a goodwill gesture.

Yesterday being 30th Nov (last day of a month), I am 100% sure its one of the such 'retirement' cases for which this Hexa was used.
//M is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:50   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
Many people are torn between the Hexa and the Endy. I myself have an XTA booked, but Im considering canceling it and stretching to the Endy Trend. The complete lack of pricing information from Tata is not helping -- not sure if Endy discounts will last until Tata discloses their pricing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosaf View Post

Same here as well, I was almost closed on Endy 4X4 trend (Wanted a manual one and hence went with Trend). Then I thought of waiting for Hexa. I have seen Hexa at the media event, I was not blown away, especially when we compare with Endy. Two things I liked better than Endy are
1) Access to 3rd row
2) You can opt for 4x4 whenever you need.

The interior quality and build, Endy is far better. Ride and Handling also, I feel that Endy should be better (Haven't driven Hexa, But Endy is very easy to maneuver in city and very stable on Highways. The suspension is also not that bumpy, compared to EcoSport and Fusion.).

The whole reason I am waiting is to see, how wide the price difference will be between two. If it's going to be 8-9 lakhs, then will go with Hexa. 4-5 lakhs, may be thinking one more time
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:59   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
The interior quality and build, Endy is far better. Ride and Handling also, I feel that Endy should be better (Haven't driven Hexa, But Endy is very easy to maneuver in city and very stable on Highways. The suspension is also not that bumpy, compared to EcoSport and Fusion.).

The whole reason I am waiting is to see, how wide the price difference will be between two. If it's going to be 8-9 lakhs, then will go with Hexa. 4-5 lakhs, may be thinking one more time
Buddy, I drove the hexa a LOT during the event in Gurgaon. I drove both the Auto as well as the Manual variant. Trust me -- in ride quality, there is nothing absolutely better than Hexa, definitely not the Endy. I also sat in the car during the offroad experience. Even during the most crazy parts of the track, we were never uncomfortable at all. This is the ride quality champ in the Indian market beyond doubt.

The build quality in the Endy is awesome. Quality of materials is better, and the usability is better thought out.

I think the price difference will be about 4-5. Im thinking of stretching!
torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 14:49   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Personally, I feel that Tata Hexa in Tungsten Silver is looking better followed closely by Arizona Blue. I expect that both Arizona Blue and Tungsten Silver shades will lead the sales.

Thanks,
Ravi
Old 1st December 2016, 14:53   #194

Excellent Review!

I did get a chance to look at vehicle during their campaign in Mumbai. From an XUV owner's perspective, the quality of plastics is way better for sure which will control the rattling noise that comes in Xuv. Of course longevity is still to be tested. From suspension & ride quality perspective, i guess even the over all weight of the vehicle plays the role along with the additional tuning that must have been done. The manual variant is now available for test drive as I received a call from Wasan Motors in Mumbai (Borivali E).
Old 1st December 2016, 15:51   #195
BHPian

Is there any higher variant or XZ variant of Tata Hexa in pipeline ?

Most Viewed