Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2017, 14:54   #2566
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

No problem with calling HEXA an MPV at all. It is one. A MULTI purpose vehicle. Can't that be a super-set for an SUV?
Considering that Brezza, CRETA are acceptable as SUVs, why the bias against Hexa/Innova (ok it looks the most MPV-ish after the Omni/EECO )?

When an SUV is a seven seater with proper third row seats (not the jump seats), the third row eats into boot space and ends up as a half baked seven seater at the end of the day (example, XUV500).

When an SUV is a seven seater with proper third row seats with decent boot space (Hexa), obviously it is a little lengthier and looks a bit like an MUV (Innova-ish).

So somewhere a compromise has to be made
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 19:58   #2567
Senior - BHPian

Here is a video showing Hexa family van at a picnic spot!

Latheesh is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 20:36   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Thanks for sharing this video sir!

From the video it seems like it isn't a 4x4 manual variant neither a 4x2 manual variant. It's a XTA 4x2 and I can see that the Hexa performs well in these kinda situations and seems like I really underestimated my own beast (XTA). So, I can put it through its paces once in a while. This video again re-justifies my decision on choosing the XTA over the XT 4x4 and the XTA is a no-brainer over XT 4x4 for me atleast .

Varun

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2017 at 00:24. Reason: Removing Youtube URL from the quoted post (repetition).
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 21:09   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
And that's an XTA with no 4X4. Nice to see the "family van" at the picnic spot! I guess this is the best way to post henceforth. Good thinking!
Waiting to see how the 4x4 variant of the van would take on other picnic spots!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th August 2017 at 00:25. Reason: Removing Youtube URL from the quoted post (repetition).
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 22:04   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the official wading depth of the Hexa?

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 23:34   #2571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
What is the official wading depth of the Hexa?

Regards
Sutripta
Its 450mm as said by TATA in various experience centers.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 21:39   #2572
BHPian

Quote:

Guys,

This is outright dangerous.
It does appear to be flowing water and it is raining as well.
In flowing water situations, even 24 inches of water is capable to taking away a car/SUV.
Such water crossings should be done in controlled or with-safety conditions.

Please stay safe.

cheers
lazy

Last edited by Eddy : 7th August 2017 at 06:39. Reason: Removing video from the quotes
lazy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 00:58   #2573

Hi,

I have had a fab time reading up about the Hexa and I'm pretty stoked to announce I take delivery of my 'blue eyed boy' next Sunday.

We decided to go with the XM even though the poplular vote goes to the XT & XTAs.. but thats that.

Now for the troubleshooting. I have ordered the DRL fog lamps to be installed in the car. This cost me roughly 11K post discounts etc. But the fine folks at Concord South Ex tell me, these wont be the same lamps as on the XT. And they dont have any pics of the fog lamps to show customers either.. So requesting anyone who has these installed to share a snap please.

The second and more troubling issue I have is for installing a parking camera in my XM. Given how the HDU is the same as the XT I figured they would just hook it up with the Harman HDU, but here again the fine folks at Tata told me that is not going to be the case. Infact they went on quite emphatically on how my warranty would be affected if they connected the cam to the HDU, giving me some tall story on how Harman would not acknowledge this and I would loose warranty on my entertainment unit. Now given How I am willing to shell out a little extra at the store to get Tata authorised accessories I fail to see why any warranties should be hit. So here again I request anyone having done the installation shed some light on the matter please. On my part I did connect with Tata customer care on chat, and was told that the parking camera can infact be connected to the Harman HDU, however after answering that query the bloke on the other end just plain ignored my question on warranty. So 10/10 to Tata on that count (NOT). Help in any shape and form would be much appreciated.. cheers!
swami jive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 13:00   #2574
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
I had this earlier but didn't get a response: let me try again. Can anyone tell me what kind of underbody protection the Hexa has, especially for engine and other critical parts such as the fuel tank etc? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_R View Post
Thanks. And Congrats on your new Hexa!

Do you know if under-engine protection plate is metal or plastic? [I remember reading that it was plastic but of good quality, though I can't remember where I read it]. Also, generally, SUV's do have some protection under the fuel tank, a second skin so to speak, to prevent it from leak-causing damage by scraping something or from rocks etc. when driving over rough terrain. My Grand Vitara has a partial cover. That's why I was asking about Hexa.
I'm quite sure it has an under engine plate - but plastic of good quality. Very rarely do cars come with metal underbody plates now in stock setup. Always an add-on. Mostly won't have any fuel tank protection though. Hopefully its not plastic like economy cars! How times have lowered our expectations .

An interesting question you asked though. Almost in each official car review on TBHP, there is mention of engine bay protection from under. This one seems to have missed it.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 17:35   #2575
srh
BHPian

Got an SMS fro KHT motors just a few moments back asking me to book the Hexa before a "INR 2,00,000" price hike!
Old 7th August 2017, 17:59   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
Got an SMS fro KHT motors just a few moments back asking me to book the Hexa before a "INR 2,00,000" price hike!
Government is contemplating to increase the cess from 15% to 25% due to which the prices would be back to Pre-GST era effecting SUV and High-End Cars.
Refer the GST thread.
Old 7th August 2017, 20:37   #2577
BHPian

Quote:
I understand you have "deliberately" mentioned the "family van" term while referring to the video.
Kudos to the owner and the folks sitting inside the vehicle, possibly the family, I believe.

While this shows up the vehicle's capability, like someone mentioned above, I agree, its too dangerous unless they are covered for their safety in the stream down the line!

Prem.
Old 7th August 2017, 21:35   #2578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
As per an exclusive report by Digit, the new Tata ConnectNext Human-Machine Interface (HMI) which will make it's debut in the upcoming Nexon compact SUV, will soon be offered as an update for the Tata Hexa and the Tata Tigor as well.

This update won't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay functionality, though.

Because of Tata's partnership with Microsoft?

Otherwise it's stupid not to provide it!
Old 7th August 2017, 22:01   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Guys,

This is outright dangerous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post

While this shows up the vehicle's capability, like someone mentioned above, I agree, its too dangerous unless they are covered for their safety in the stream down the line!

Prem.
I guess these guys are regulars in this area judging by the way the vehicle swerved left going slightly deeper and then swerving back right at the end of the water, instead of traveling in a straight line. Also, there could have been one more vehicle with them or the guy shooting the video waded ahead to give the driver of the Hexa a decent idea of the route to take.

Maybe risky to the uninitiated, but looks like the driver knew what he was doing.
discoverwild is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2017, 22:49   #2580
BHPian

Hey guys I'm proud to announce that we took the delivery of Tata hexa xta Arizona blue on 5/8/2017. Thank you all for helping me choose this brilliant car over people favorites xuv and innova. Hexa in and out screams bang for the buck and scintaling in terms of looks. Got the side steps and rear bumper guard installed from the dealer. Prices of the accessories at dealer are ridiculous.

Did a 800 kms trip today. Three things annoyed me. First is the ride quality. The famed ride quality of hexa as posted by many here including Mr GTO, I don't know if the tires are highly inflated or something, each and every bump was felt by each member sitting in the car. Some familiar bad patches of road which our trusty Tavera handled well, hexa seemed to filter everything inside the cabin.

Secondly the headlamps, they are outright poor. The high beam does a decent job with good throw but the low beam projector is pathetic. No proper throw or spread just a dull output even pathetic than our Tavera.

Thirdly the NVH levels are good as well. But one thing bothered me as soon as I crossed 40kmph, a wind blast like sound creeps in the drive side of the cabin. Post 70kmph lot of wind noise is audible inside the cabin. But engine was smooth all the way up to 110kmph and the pick up is amazing. Teambhp Members and proud hexa owners please share your thoughts.

Will try to pen down my ownership review if time permits me. Regards.
Vikvkv is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks