Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
  Search this Thread
7,982,069 views
Old 17th August 2017, 18:34   #2686
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 799
Thanked: 1,782 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
The manufacturing month of the display Hexa was Jan-17. Wasn't too sure to begin with, so, I have simply refused it & asked the dealer to get a new one.
I know people who go looking for such possibilities! Anyways January manufactured doesn't matter much as it has been indoors and cleaned regularly. The reason people think twice about manufacturing date while buying new one is because it would have stood long in the stock yard. Else there could be minor defects for which it wouldn't have sold.
Its entirely up to you. If i got decent discounts with proper accessories, i wouldn't mind going for it. But only post thorough PDI.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 19:43   #2687
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 121
Thanked: 124 Times

R0nit7- what was the odometer reading? If it's less than 100, I don't think there is any issue as the car is 2017 manufactured. There has been no change from Jan till date.
In fact, display vehicles sometimes have several accessories already fitted, and paint protection coatings which you should get for free :-)
In this case, you could have bargained or got side steps and rear bumper protector free - which costs 22K, and may be extended warranty which is 16K.
Anyways, see if you can still strike a deal ...
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 20:38   #2688
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 53
Thanked: 52 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronz_2507 View Post

I have driven the new gen XUV500 and own a Hexa auto. Hexa is a much bigger car than the Scross and Compass. In terms of smoothness and driving dynamics Hexa in my opinion is superior than the XUV. The steering is a bit on the heavier side but nothing you wont get used to. The infotainment interface on the XUV is far far better than the connectnext software.

As for the TATA image well that would always be there but you are buying the car for yourself and the Hexa is a looker. Its definitely not the Tata which people have in mind, go with an open mind and see the car before you make any decision.

We have the XTA and its an excellent highway cruiser and smothers road undulations. Definitely go for the Hexa if you prefer a big and burly vehicle or if you would prefer an urban type SUV/crossover then Compass is a great vehicle (more expensive than the Hexa though)

Hope this helps

Booked a sky grey Hexa HTA.

Delivery in 20 days time. The dealer [Concorde, Prabhadevi Mumbai] has a 6 month old vehicle in stock, which I refused. They have agreed to order a new one for me.
I am very comfortable waiting 20 days for a car which I hope will last me at least 5 years.

I guess Tata Motors is trying hard but they have to fight years of mis-management. For example, they offered me a Commitment Sheet, which listed all the items I would be provided. If was given in an envelope with the booking receipt. But they had forgotten to sign that sheet

Hope they improve fast and my ownership experience is smooth.

Thanks for all the support and I will post my reviews.
us.dash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2017, 23:26   #2689
BHPian
 
r0nit7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ambala | A'bad
Posts: 171
Thanked: 355 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
If i got decent discounts with proper accessories, i wouldn't mind going for it. But only post thorough PDI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
In this case, you could have bargained or got side steps and rear bumper protector free - which costs 22K, and may be extended warranty which is 16K.
Anyways, see if you can still strike a deal ...
Just didn't feel right. Plus the dealer lied when he told me that he had received the car only the previous week from Tata & it had been put on display only since the last 3 days (coincidentally the day when my brother was there) because apparently someone refused delivery. Only after this I asked the month of manufacture. Moreover, it doesn't seem likely that Tata would dispatch a Jan manufactured vehicle in Aug, even though Platinum Silver is not a very popular color choice for Hexa.

PS - Why Platinum Silver? I wanted a Blue Hexa & brother was in favor of a silver Creta. Let's just say you can't have everything you want in life
r0nit7 is offline  
Old 18th August 2017, 06:07   #2690
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 121
Thanked: 124 Times

Hi Ronit, if the dealer is lying, you are correct in walking away.
Just call up Tata customer care and check ; or ask dealer to show documents that prove what he is saying is correct.
I have 1% hope that he may be correct - in a day, only one colour cars are made. Platinum silver was somehow slow moving, though I like that colour personally. So, Tata may not be building that colour hexa frequently. But, they shipped Jan made car in August seems too much to be true.
99% possibility is still that dealer may be lying ..
On top of that, my personal recommendation will be to buy the colour that you like, as it's your car. Any compromise will make you feel ... later on.
Abhishek_Garg is offline  
Old 18th August 2017, 11:38   #2691
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,377
Thanked: 10,475 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
How do we know that this is not surrogate advertising, and this is a Tata owned car, probably a XTA 4X4 prototype.

Rahul
If this was a serious thought then my observations are below:

If you look at the first video of Hexa crossing a river/rivulet, towards the end of the video when the Hexa is exiting the water you can see slight wheel-spins from the rear wheel. This is clearly seen due to the slow motion. No such wheel-spin from the front wheels. Similarly, in another video of a crossing a running stream, water splashes are from rear wheel only.

This should be a regular XTA 4x2.

On another note, majority of all the Hexas that I am seeing on the road are automatics, top end models and blue in color. And I am seeing quite a few Hexa on the road lately.

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th August 2017 at 11:48.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 16:49   #2692
Senior - BHPian
 
ajay_satpute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,955
Thanked: 1,703 Times

Same here in Pune. Lots of Hexas can seen mostly in blue or tungsten shade. It sure has tremendous road presence
ajay_satpute is offline  
Old 18th August 2017, 16:51   #2693
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 130
Thanked: 100 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
I have provisionally booked a Platinum Silver XT 7 seater (booking amount not yet transferred).
The dealer is pushing me to get the display vehicle in the showroom(same as above), citing GST cess as the reason & offered to put some accessories free of charge. I've asked the dealer about the month of manufacture & told him I'll confirm my booking in some time.
I am not convinced & mostly I would say no but is it a good idea, considering the GST cess, to go for the display vehicle?
My dealer wanted me to buy an in stock hexa. I asked for the VIN, and it turns out that it is March manufactured. I refused and he has told me that another vehicle is on the way in transit. I have asked him to keep that one for me while I complete the other formalities.
travelex is offline  
Old 18th August 2017, 18:17   #2694
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 210
Thanked: 480 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
I know people who go looking for such possibilities! Anyways January manufactured doesn't matter much as it has been indoors and cleaned regularly. The reason people think twice about manufacturing date while buying new one is because it would have stood long in the stock yard. Else there could be minor defects for which it wouldn't have sold.
Its entirely up to you. If i got decent discounts with proper accessories, i wouldn't mind going for it. But only post thorough PDI.
We need to understand few things why an old stock may be avoided:

1. For any production facility there is a learning cycle which is implemented based on feedback and self diagnosis findings. This may not be very visible from out side but is present. This may be in terms of electrical joints or equipment, mechanical component or settings.

2. An idle vehicle, until conditioned regularly (based on standard procedures), has a tendency abnormal deterioration, which may impact a vehicle/machine more than a running aging. This is like bearings getting impression due to elongated point contact over time, or electrical/mechanical corrosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
R0nit7- what was the odometer reading? If it's less than 100, I don't think there is any issue as the car is 2017 manufactured. There has been no change from Jan till date.
In fact, display vehicles sometimes have several accessories already fitted, and paint protection coatings which you should get for free :-)
In this case, you could have bargained or got side steps and rear bumper protector free - which costs 22K, and may be extended warranty which is 16K.
Anyways, see if you can still strike a deal ...
Any discount may not be a bargain, in fact there is a consequence cost associated with that. Hence pros and cons must be seen before taking a decision. However, a 2-3 months old vehicle should not pose much problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Just didn't feel right. Plus the dealer lied when he told me that he had received the car only the previous week from Tata & it had been put on display only since the last 3 days (coincidentally the day when my brother was there) because apparently someone refused delivery. Only after this I asked the month of manufacture. Moreover, it doesn't seem likely that Tata would dispatch a Jan manufactured vehicle in Aug, even though Platinum Silver is not a very popular color choice for Hexa.

PS - Why Platinum Silver? I wanted a Blue Hexa & brother was in favor of a silver Creta. Let's just say you can't have everything you want in life
Never be personal to these re-sellers or sales-agent, we are there to marry the girl not her parents. However, remember these goof-ups and use them in your negotiations. At the same time, reporting the same on Team-bhp would help others in addition to finding time to send a proper complain to the manufacturers (if they ever listen, M&M is an exception though!)

Last edited by kbishwa : 18th August 2017 at 18:18. Reason: grammar
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 09:23   #2695
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,132
Thanked: 2,616 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
On another note, majority of all the Hexas that I am seeing on the road are automatics, top end models and blue in color. And I am seeing quite a few Hexa on the road lately.
XTA has nearly 40% of the Hexa market share while XMA has another 25%. I think that for car this size and cost automatics is a necissity, and they dont sell without Automatics. Once you are in 2Lit + catagory with a 6 speed AT, fuel effeciency doesnt take a beating, infact in particular conditions it is better than manuals.
Note the jump in sales when Crysta was launched, and even here AT's took majority of the non Taxi market share.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline  
Old 19th August 2017, 11:10   #2696
BHPian
 
coldice4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 346
Thanked: 615 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I'm starting to see a fair number of Hexa's on the road here in NCR. Almost all XTAs and blue being the most population popular shade. During car discussions with people, everyone who has seen or sat in the car jave been unanimous about how fantastic the car is. Almost all of them go like "Tata ne kya badhiya gaadi nikali hai" (what a good car Tata has made) and "Tata ki hai, but Hexa kitni sahi gaadi hai" (It's a Tata, yet Hexa is good).

If the sales continues the way its been going and the car continues to find parking in the houses of the posh and the rich, this car can single handedly change the perception of our desi underdog manufacturer! Who knows this might even make it an aspirational brand soonest sooner than we expect!

Tata needs to ensure that the old Indicas and the Indigos are no longer seen around dealerships as they carry a lot of baggage, both unfair and fair.

Last edited by GTO : 21st August 2017 at 10:11. Reason: Please always include the English translation when using any other language
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 11:32   #2697
BHPian
 
nvldvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 599
Thanked: 765 Times

I agree. Its just the perception about brand that Tata is fighting as of now. But then Hexa is an excellent,very capable and well priced product offering phenomenal value for money. I am sure slowly but surely the tide is swinging in Tata's favour, and Hexa in all probability is going to bring in good volumes.
nvldvr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 12:28   #2698
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Pune
Posts: 39
Thanked: 64 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansd View Post
Pune folks, can you please help with the right contacts with the dealership for a TD?
I have been trying to get a TD of XT Manual for last 4 days but havenít been successful. Ironically, the place where the vehicle is manufactured has the least number of dealerships . The call number on the Hexa official website got me call back promptly with a promise to pass on my lead to the closest dealer however it died down there. Call to individual dealers did not meet with success either. Concorde motors mentioned that their Manual variant vehicle is out of Pune for next 4 days!
An update to my earlier post.
Much to my pleasant surprise, I got a call from Mr. Vinay Dandawate, Divisional Sales Head for Hexa at Concorde Motors Pune last evening. Apparently, TML monitors this thread (& the forum) and they passed on the feedback about the TD experience to Concorde motors which prompted him to intervene and set things right. Very cooperative of him to assure and execute the closure of the TD within 24 hours.
Amar was the Sales Advisor and was patient in answering all our questions. Thanks to both of them for correcting things. Assures me that TML is indeed serious about business.
So I test drove the 4x4, Manual Variant today and here is my experience
  • The ODO read 15K kms and the car appeared in decent condition. The gear switching even between 1st and 2nd was pretty smooth. Better than what I expected after I had read the reviews.
  • I decided to TD around my office area and large part of road there is typically how would one find it after monsoon and I remained between 1st and 4th gear throughout. The ride quality was good even on the pothole riddled road. Now I have to drive on the same/similar road with an XUV
  • Touch screen infotainment supports limited touch. You cannot scroll through the list of options by sliding the screen and have to use the right and left arrow keys. It is quite a task to accurately click on the screen you are maneuvering the vehicle on a bumpy road

Much has been already said about the cabin space and there is no doubt that Hexa scores well.

I am not into off roading and so getting inclined towards XT Manual 4X2. Hoping to close the decision this week.
rohansd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 13:08   #2699
BHPian
 
r0nit7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ambala | A'bad
Posts: 171
Thanked: 355 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
HEXA XT is meant for hard core TATA fans and XTA will put smile on your face if you are switching from non TATA or any other segment which has good calibrated auto unit easing your drive experience. I own a XTA and if it was a manual gear one then i would have bought Innova or XUV500 most probably. I test drove the XT after buying XTA just to make sure i make a right decision and no regrets at all. XT has light clutch though still I did not feel that punch which I get in XTA.
I booked the XT model the day before yesterday & I am seriously thinking about upgrading to the XTA model, but I've a few queries you could answer from personal experience:
1. What is the average mileage you are getting in the XTA, for XT I'v heard the figures are 14-15kmpl? The reason I ask is because the XTA I test drove in Ahmedabad had average fuel economy of 8.97 over around 16k Kms.
2. Is the absence of safety features like ESP, Traction control, HDC & HBA in the XTA worth going for the automatic?
3. Any significant difference in the service costs of manual vs the automatic?

Thanks!

Last edited by r0nit7 : 19th August 2017 at 13:13. Reason: Added 3
r0nit7 is offline  
Old 19th August 2017, 14:31   #2700
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Jamshedpur
Posts: 210
Thanked: 480 Times
Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
I booked the XT model the day before yesterday & I am seriously thinking about upgrading to the XTA model, but I've a few queries you could answer from personal experience:
1. What is the average mileage you are getting in the XTA, for XT I'v heard the figures are 14-15kmpl? The reason I ask is because the XTA I test drove in Ahmedabad had average fuel economy of 8.97 over around 16k Kms.
2. Is the absence of safety features like ESP, Traction control, HDC & HBA in the XTA worth going for the automatic?
3. Any significant difference in the service costs of manual vs the automatic?

Thanks!
Between any two different models/cars there is a trade-off. You have correctly identified the differences and now you have to choose what you want.

Automatic brings a lot of convenience at a price, and the price includes higher sticker price, lower FE and omission of few equipment you know. And there is a price for an object of desire, right?
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks