Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2017, 07:15   #2551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
The big boy is finally here.
Looks damn good! Congratulations.

In the 2nd photo, Zest looks almost like a toy car next to the Hexa. Hexa has tremendous road presence. Besides White, the Tungston something shade looks brilliant.

Wishing you a great partnership with arguably the best product from Tata till date.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 15:46   #2552
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

On a side note got a note Hexa sold 2808 units in July. This is a good sign considering Hexa is VFM after GST.
Old 4th August 2017, 15:56   #2553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post

Compass is a 5 seater vehicle and is a full fledged SUV.
How exactly to define / ascertain this? Have you seen the Hexa's off-roading capabilities? How is it NOT an SUV exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
So these cars are catering to two different set of buyers.
I agree that cross shopping may happen, but that would be limited to maximum of 5-10 % of total volume Hexa is managing now.
So, I feel that TML has overstepped a bit here.

Now people will start comparing Jeep with Tata (which some of them would have never thought earlier) and obviously Tata will end up making Jeep feel more VFM.
People will be like "20 Lakh ki Tata lene se accha hai 22-23 lakh ki Jeep lete hai"
(Let's buy Jeep which costs 22-23 lakhs instead of a Tata costing 20 Lakhs)
You might want to have a peek on Youtube. ACI/OD have actually officially compared the Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass & the Tata Hexa along with the XUV500.

They have had to stop just short of saying the other 2 cars basically are not worthy of competing against the HEXA (for obvious commercial reasons). Do have a look at that video.

Whether it works or not in the market - "There - we said it!" says the advert. The confidence is absolutely not misplaced. I infact liked it. Taking the competition head on. Bold approach. Especially a dig at Fiat-Chrysler is wonderful. Payback of sorts. FCI had unnecessarily blamed TML for poor sales figures of Fiat cars when they were sold & serviced via TML outlets. TML has since turned around its fortunes. Not so for FCI who instead of selling cars, are only selling engines to Maruti!!

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th August 2017 at 16:04.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 16:11   #2554
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
On a side note got a note Hexa sold 2808 units in July. This is a good sign considering Hexa is VFM after GST.
Small correction here. 2808 units of UV sales, not just Hexa alone. Other vehicles include the Safari and Sumo. The latter have a combined average of around 600-800 units per month (last 3 months data). So I guess Hexa volumes stands at around 2000 units.
Kishen.padiyar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 16:20   #2555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
How is it NOT an SUV exactly?

You might want to have a peek on Youtube. ACI/OD have actually officially compared the Hyundai Tucson, Jeep Compass & the Tata Hexa along with the XUV500.
And there are media houses like Powerdrift who didn't, calling the Hexa an MPV. (Along with the Innova). So let's not go there.

Fact is - it is nothing but the Aria facelift, a "crossover MPV" meant to have the space and passenger carrying ability of the Innova and the all wheel drive ability of an SUV though may not be as hardcore.

This might be good for some (those who require the space) and bad for some (Most people prefer something more, let's say SUVish, for the lack of a better word).
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 16:21   #2556
BHPian

2808 UV. It might actually include a few nexons too, no?
Old 4th August 2017, 16:29   #2557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Fact is - it is nothing but the Aria facelift, a "crossover MPV" meant to have the space and passenger carrying ability of the Innova and the all wheel drive ability of an SUV though may not be as hardcore.
Absolutely disagree. It has the same or similar body structure and some mechanics.
It is NOT a face-lift at all. The original XUV500 and 2015 XUV500 is what a facelift is. Or the current Brio / Amaze is a facelift over the previous one.

Calling HEXA a "facelift" over the ARIA is an overkill. And - that was the first thought that I had. TML made a huge mistake with the ZEST/BOLT/HEXA. Tried to work with existing good underpinnings and save some money. The perception of "facelift" of a failed product is what killed the ZEST/BOLT and I feared it will be the fate of the HEXA too. Thankfully doesn't seem to be so yet.

No problem with calling HEXA an MPV at all. It is one. A MULTI purpose vehicle. Can't that be a super-set for an SUV?
Considering that Brezza, CRETA are acceptable as SUVs, why the bias against Hexa/Innova (ok it looks the most MPV-ish after the Omni/EECO )?
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 16:34   #2558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And there are media houses like Powerdrift who didn't, calling the Hexa an MPV. (Along with the Innova)

Well well, the Hexa did perform decently in mild offroading, didn't it? It actually gave a good fight to the more SUVish XUV
AkMar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 16:36   #2559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Well well, the Hexa did perform decently in mild offroading, didn't it? It actually gave a good fight to the more SUVish XUV
In off-roading - XUV500 cannot compare to the HEXA in most cases infact. Again - plenty proofs available on Youtube for that.
HEXA rides like a tank over the stuff while XUV digs 1 foot ruts and rests in it.

Add lockable diffs and it will justify the 4x4 badge 100%. Its almost there, but remains an "AWD" while lockable diffs are not present.
No offense - XUV has its own merits that beat the HEXA too.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th August 2017 at 16:38.
Old 4th August 2017, 20:41   #2560
R_R
BHPian

I had this earlier but didn't get a response: let me try again. Can anyone tell me what kind of underbody protection the Hexa has, especially for engine and other critical parts such as the fuel tank etc? Thanks.
Old 4th August 2017, 21:29   #2561
BHPian

@ R_R- hexa has engine protection plate under the engine.
What should I check under fuel tank? Normally there is nothing under fuel tank in any cars. Which other critical parts should I check?

Update: Got my XTA Pearl white delivered today.
Was easy to drive in peak hour traffic in Gurgaon at 6.30pm and rain :-) auto gear, auto wiper and auto headlight made life easy ...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th August 2017 at 22:13. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit the previous post within the 30 minute window to add more contents to it. Thanks!
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2017, 22:12   #2562
R_R
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Update: Got my XTA Pearl white delivered today.
Was easy to drive in peak hour traffic in Gurgaon at 6.30pm and rain :-) auto gear, auto wiper and auto headlight made life easy ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
@ R_R- hexa has engine protection plate under the engine.
What should I check under fuel tank? Normally there is nothing under fuel tank in any cars. Which other critical parts should I check?
Thanks. And Congrats on your new Hexa!

Do you know if under-engine protection plate is metal or plastic? [I remember reading that it was plastic but of good quality, though I can't remember where I read it]. Also, generally, SUV's do have some protection under the fuel tank, a second skin so to speak, to prevent it from leak-causing damage by scraping something or from rocks etc. when driving over rough terrain. My Grand Vitara has a partial cover. That's why I was asking about Hexa.
Old 4th August 2017, 22:43   #2563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Additional Safety features must be optional in all variant, this shouldn't be treated as a luxury item.
100% true sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Keep us updated on your purchase and hope you enjoy the JBL system.
Sure, abhi. My wife just saw nexon and she is saying why not that. If only it came with a diesel automatic. To complicate further verna is coming with a 6 speed AT. Confused!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kams_cars View Post
IMO loosing 4 additional airbags isn't a smart choice mate. Coming from STORME EX, I can tell you

* Additional safety. These won't be available after market fitment.
Very true sir.
Old 5th August 2017, 11:48   #2564
Distinguished - BHPian

As per an exclusive report by Digit, the new Tata ConnectNext Human-Machine Interface (HMI) which will make it's debut in the upcoming Nexon compact SUV, will soon be offered as an update for the Tata Hexa and the Tata Tigor as well.

This update won't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay functionality, though.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-1.jpeg

Quote:
Sources within Tata Motors' engineering team have confirmed that the new interface will make its way to some of Tata's other cars, including the Tigor and Hexa.
After reaching out for further confirmation, a Tata spokesperson stated, "While we do not share specific on our future plans, suffice to say that we keep upgrading and evolving to offer customers the best value added features to ensure a memorable brand experience."
The new infotainment firmware also brings with itself support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, but owing to the size constraint of the screens in the older Tata cars, it seems like they will only get the new interface, without the two infotainment ecosystems.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 13:25   #2565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
As per an exclusive report by Digit, the new Tata ConnectNext Human-Machine Interface (HMI) which will make it's debut in the upcoming Nexon compact SUV, will soon be offered as an update for the Tata Hexa and the Tata Tigor as well.

This update won't have Android Auto or Apple CarPlay functionality, though.

Looks good. I think they should also start working on adding more accessories for other products in their portfolio. That way, it creates cool image for owning the car. I hope they also allow something like this for Storme

In open aftermarket, we all see how many accessories are available for best selling models - creta,brezza,verna,baleno and now Tiago! Good to see that the retailers are now stocking Hexa accessories too, but it still needs more units on road so that more and more accessories are released.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks