Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 20:51   #1051
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Tata Motors has received a significant number of bookings for their newly launched SUV-crossover, the Hexa. According to design head Pratap Bose, Tata is working on reducing the waiting period for Hexa customers, which currently stands at 2 months.
Last time I checked, they had 3000 pre-launch bookings.

How many Hexa's do you think Tata needs to sell on a consistent basis for it to be considered a success?

My answer: Atleast 1500.
airbender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 21:04   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Pardon me!!
Where did I ever mention about any other vehicle here? I just said what I am hearing about Hexa.
My genuine query was in response to your statement about high quality cars at 15 lakhs OTR being heard commonly, as I haven't heard about any (assuming you were referring to 6/7 seaters).

Quote:
However, Now that you have brought the comparison in, I would like to have your opinion on what do you feel about the lower variants of Hexa compared to XUV.
XUV W4 over Hexa XE
6-speed gears; Slightly Better ARAI mileage; Brake Assist; 3 12V Power outlets; Driver Lumbar Support; Body-colored ORVMs; Rear Wipe, Wash & Defogger; DRLs; LCD Display; 10 litres larger fuel tank; Flat foldable rear seats; Warranty - Only 2 yrs / 65000 kms.

Hexa XE over XUV W4
Speed sensing door auto-lock; 8-way Driver Seat adjust; Cooled glove box with lamp; Sunglass holder; One-touch Down power windows on Driver's side; Steering mounted controls (audio & phone calls); Chrome interior door handles; Rear Door pockets; Chrome Finish Exhaust pipe; Rear Fog lamps; LED Tail lamps; Soft Touch Dashboard; Lights on Front left passenger Vanity Mirrors; Door Ajar Warning; Adjustable Cluster Brightness; Instant FE, DTE, Avg Speed, Outside Temp; Retractable Window Sun blinds (2nd row); Power Window operation 3 mins after Ignition off; Height-adjustable seatbelts; Speed dependent Volume controls; Sporty Black interiors; Co-driver airbag deactivation & off indicator; Engine Drag Torque Control; Corner Stability Control; Rear AC vents on pillars with Blower speed control, on both 2nd & 3rd rows; Warranty - 3 yrs / 100000

Hexa=>Understated elegance (Very European) vs. XUV =>(Loud and wanting)

To top it, base Hexa is 43k cheaper than base XUV OTR Hyd near the Rs.15 lakh mark (as per carwale).

Hexa all the way!

Quote:
I already know that it has a class leading ride and all. But how good is the lower variant with different seat fabrics, only bench option for second row, lower powered engine etc when compared to the competition. More importantly do we have some photographs of the interiors for the non top version cars
I haven't test driven the lower variants of Hexa, so frankly I can't comment on feel and drive. I couldn't find any pics of the lower variants, either. Guess, we have to wait till Tata provides lower variants for test drives.
aamateen46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 21:15   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamateen46 View Post
My genuine query was in response to your statement about high quality cars at 15 lakhs OTR being heard commonly, as I haven't heard about any (assuming you were referring to 6/7 seaters).
I will quote my original post again. Pls check the bold part once more. All I implied was that I have heard a lot about people going gaga about Hexa's quality (which is definitely evident in the top end versions) at the same time talking about the 15lakhs on road price which is basically that of the base variant (again not in the forum, but basically outside it). Not that I implied there are other quality UVs available at the price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
I kind of agree with one of the comments earlier. People do seem to have got swayed by what is a combination of good starting price and great quality at the top end.The fact is, top end retailing over 20lakhs on road is not exactly cheap. Although it still is good value.

But it is fairly common to hear great quality and 15lakhs on road in a same sentence (not here in the forum though).

Fact is none of us have actually seen how the base variant looks like. Any images have been shared yet?

Quote:

I haven't test driven the lower variants of Hexa, so frankly I can't comment on feel and drive. I couldn't find any pics of the lower variants, either. Guess, we have to wait till Tata provides lower variants for test drives
Exactly. Not many of us really know how the lower variants look or feel.
Old 26th January 2017, 21:24   #1054
BANNED

Quote:
I couldn't find any pics of the lower variants, either. Guess, we have to wait till Tata provides lower variants for test drives.
The pics of XMA variant are attached, for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170125wa0010.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170125wa0021.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170125wa0009.jpg  

VKumar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 11:03   #1055
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Warranty - 3 yrs / 100000
I haven't test driven the lower variants of Hexa, so frankly I can't comment on feel and drive. I couldn't find any pics of the lower variants, either. Guess, we have to wait till Tata provides lower variants for test drives.
Warranty is 150000 km/3 years on engine and transmission( Same as that of ARIA)
Interiors are exactly same as ARIA except for Dashboard and transmission tunnel.
I own ARIA Pure LX. Ride comfort is superb, so it will be same in Hexa XE also ( even engine tuning is same 320nm and 150 PS with 5 gears, so same gear box)
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 15:29   #1056
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Today I had the pleasure of test driving a Hexa XTA with a good friend who is an important person out here.
==========
Well done, Tata Motors. You've grown up, and how!
Lol important person?

But i do agree with Steer's notings, i was really surprised after taking the test drive first as passenger and then driving Hexa. This vehicle cant be pitted against the current competitions at this price bracket. Tata has gone all out on most of the fronts to bring a 50 Lakh plus experience with this package.

For me the interiors were almost as good as (even better in certain aspects) dare i say compared to the Fortuner and Endy. Yes there are some minor gizmo's missing but those are not really show stoppers for a regular buyer.

As a chauffeur driven option this is one of the best out there (no they are not available as Taxi, as responded by the sales person to a prospective buyer).

When we started the drive i asked Steer if he felt the tyres and he confirmed them to be bouncy, and they were inflated to 40 psi plus. After correcting the pressure to 34 psi (which is on the higher side and for fully laden weight), the ride just transformed. Even the sales rep was surprised and he mentioned the same lot of cars were doing the local media events and no one seem to have checked or corrected the same. Handling is crisp from a drivers perspective, but what blew me away was the composure and re-assuring feel i had at the rear captain seat when Steer had to pull that last minute maneuver to exit the highway. Honestly i was not really watching the road ahead and vehicle nicely turned into the exit even with the aggressive braking and steering. No it was a lonely stretch with hardly any traffic being afternoon.

Steeroid was so impressed that he insisted that i should drive the vehicle and i was once again surprised at the ease with which the vehicle pulled off and how such a large vehicle was so easy to potter around in town. The normal mode is more than enough for even fast driving and i just shifted out of Sport mode since it was unnecessarily keeping the engine on the boil. The motor has ample amount of torque and power to keep the progress swift and the gear box crisp enough to respond. Brakes were also spot on and felt very confident pulling down from speed.

We just placed order for the Endy Titanium, and apart from the need of having a butch SUV which can be thrashed around, i feel Hexa would have ticked almost all of the other needs.

If the reliability record and service experience is kept in check, Tata has a rock star in its stable. I kid you not, watch out Innova!

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th January 2017 at 18:38. Reason: Typos correcting.
Jaggu is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 17:22   #1057
Senior - BHPian

The test drives and reviews are very encouraging! Has anyone gotten their hands on the base version yet? It's fairly well kitted out and the engine is no pushover either.
Old 27th January 2017, 18:43   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Lol important person?

We just placed order for the Endy Titanium, and apart from the need of having a butch SUV which can be thrashed around, i feel Hexa would have ticked almost all of the other needs.

If the reliability record and service experience is kept in check, Tata has a rock star in its stable. I kid you not, watch out Innova!
This is the exact problem for Tata motors and their good cars, prelaunch threads generate a lot of Euphoria. People praise their cars and finally book another car
Old 27th January 2017, 19:02   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Hexa sharing the sun and shade with it's elder sibling at a Pune dealership yard.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image13.jpg

A white Hexa all prepped up for delivery at a dealership in AP.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

Gives us a good look at how the white shade looks under daylight.

Also, what about customised collectibles, such as this cool-looking White/Black dual-tone "Hexa" mug?

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image24.jpg

All pics courtesy my WhatsApp contacts.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 27th January 2017 at 19:04.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 14:35   #1060
BHPian

Stumbled upon these neat design sketches of the Hexa. The proportions and the clean lines make it a whole different animal from the bulbous bovine Aria. Overall I love the elegant design language TML is adopting for all its current and future designs.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tatahexadesign5.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-tata_hexa_concept_2015_22.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-88922345523823.5834057a74ff4.jpg

source:SanjayUrikoth|behance.net
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:38   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
The proportions and the clean lines make it a whole different animal from the bulbous bovine Aria.
To the layman however, including me, the Aria and the hexa seem identical from side on.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 15:46   #1062
BHPian

Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
To the layman however, including me, the Aria and the hexa seem identical from side on.

What's wrong with Aria's design for the laymen?
It is still butch yet elegant with clean lines, except for the tail lights, maybe. Still, I thought laymen prefer conservative styling rather than flashy or sporty. Is there something amiss?

Last edited by aamateen46 : 28th January 2017 at 15:48.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 16:10   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
What's wrong with Aria's design for the laymen?
It is still butch yet elegant with clean lines, except for the tail lights, maybe. Still, I thought laymen prefer conservative styling rather than flashy or sporty. Is there something amiss?
please read carefully, as the post said," proportions and the clean lines (of the hexa)make it a different animal from the bulbous bovine aria", I remarked that, to me and several of my friends, the hexa looked very very similar, especially from side-on. There was no reference in my post to right or wrong, good or bad. Wonder what led you to assume otherwise? If any, I feel it's the op who says that hexa is clean (and aria is otherwise?). Hope I am clear enough.

Last edited by handsofsteel : 28th January 2017 at 16:13.
Old 28th January 2017, 20:28   #1064
Distinguished - BHPian

A minor Exclusive: First ever pics of the Tata Hexa in Platinum Silver shade.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image4.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image1.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image3.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image2.jpg

Tata Hexa : Official Review-image5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 29th January 2017, 00:47   #1065
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A minor Exclusive: First ever pics of the Tata Hexa in Platinum Silver shade.
I saw a silver Hexa at the stockyard the other day.

Honestly, only the dark colors look swell on the Hexa. White and silver somehow end up looking utilitarian, in a very taxi kind of way.

The sheer road presence of the Hexa in metallic blue with those 19'' alloys is quite something. I believe the shade is almost identical to the one BMW offers on the 5 Series, and the paint quality is no less either.

On a related note, I finalized my shade. Was confused between blue and the dark grey but after seeing the vehicle in both, it was a no brainer. Blue it is! Delivery expected in 10 days or so.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 29th January 2017 at 00:50.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks