Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 00:23   #976
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

With heavy heart, I decided to cancel my Hexa XTA booking. XTA is costing 21.74 lakhs OTR Mumbai. After including extended warranty and AMC, the cost goes above 22 lakhs. This I think is a bit too high. Hexa is a great car and I liked it more than XUV but I am not willing to spend 22 big ones on it. Will surely have a re look after 3-4 years, for now it has to be the city facelift.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 09:18   #977
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
With heavy heart, I decided to cancel my Hexa XTA booking. XTA is costing 21.74 lakhs OTR Mumbai. After including extended warranty and AMC, the cost goes above 22 lakhs. This I think is a bit too high. Hexa is a great car and I liked it more than XUV but I am not willing to spend 22 big ones on it. Will surely have a re look after 3-4 years, for now it has to be the city facelift.
This is exactly what I predicted in my post earlier. XTA is a good option but people will not be willing to put in 21+ lacs for it. XMA cuts on many features and is priced too close to Crysta GXA.
Old 24th January 2017, 10:28   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
This is exactly what I predicted in my post earlier. XTA is a good option but people will not be willing to put in 21+ lacs for it. XMA cuts on many features and is priced too close to Crysta GXA.
I don't think 2.5 Lakhs is petty change to really say that the XMA and GX A are priced close to each other. You lose one air bag in the XMA but gain follow me home projector headlamps, power 8 way seat adjustment, 6 speaker ICE, Hill Hold control, speed sensing door locks, rear parking sensors, 60:40 rear split seats, rear fog lamps, LED tail lamps, DTE and other things.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 11:08   #979
BHPian

Quote:
XTA is costing 21.74 lakhs OTR Mumbai. After including extended warranty and AMC, the cost goes above 22 lakhs. This I think is a bit too high. Hexa is a great car and I liked it more than XUV but I am not willing to spend 22 big ones .

Very true.
The XTA is what I would have been looking for too. As ex show room numbers, the prices look palatable, especially at the entry point of 11.99. If the actual variant of interest Is the apex auto model, then taxes regn and miscellany plonked over the sticker price makes it creep beyond the embargo line of 20 lacs.

I would absolutely need the AWD option on the auto variant.And ESP cannot be found wanting in this spec sheet. As mentioned before if they decide to launch a new XZA? later, higher than the existing top variant, price would only go north.
IMO That doesn't mean, the full kit as it sits, is not worth the asking price,the attention to detail on some parts and the large proportion of import/import inspired features and overall improved quality do count for something. The itemised additions over the middle Variant if we could put a ballpark figure on them, does land one , at least in the neighbourhood of what's being asked of the buyer.
But, there's that elusive thing-signing on the dotted line- when the tangibility of the decision weighs down upon you, then the 20+ seems to need a drink to swallow.

TATA needs to do something magical or radical to win our heart and mind in the same act. The heart part is sorted for many prospectives with this honest attempt in the product.It would be interesting to watch this space in the coming months.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 11:10   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
power 8 way seat adjustment
Is this adjustment powered? And could you or anyone else be kind enough to direct me to a site which explains what 8-way adjustment is and how its done?
I asked the sales rep and he had no idea!
Old 24th January 2017, 11:25   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Is this adjustment powered? And could you or anyone else be kind enough to direct me to a site which explains what 8-way adjustment is and how its done?
I asked the sales rep and he had no idea!
Seat adjust in Hexa is not powered. It has seat forward-backward, up-down, lumbar support & seat back angle adjust.
Explained here is adding under thigh support:

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 24th January 2017 at 11:31.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 11:32   #982
BHPian

Looks like Mahindra as a brand has better perception than a Tata. People have no qualms about putting in 20+ for a Mahindra when they think twice about Tata. This is considering the long list of niggles reported by owners of Mahindra. Not that the Mahindra service stations are much to talk about either (especially in Mumbai where my office colleagues keep cursing them).

Looks like Tata really really needs to claw their way back into this business and put in super efforts to gain confidence of customers.
Palio_2005 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 12:19   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Looks like Mahindra as a brand has better perception than a Tata. People have no qualms about putting in 20+ for a Mahindra when they think twice about Tata. This is considering the long list of niggles reported by owners of Mahindra. Not that the Mahindra service stations are much to talk about either (especially in Mumbai where my office colleagues keep cursing them).

Looks like Tata really really needs to claw their way back into this business and put in super efforts to gain confidence of customers.
I knew that gaining back trust is difficult but it is now proven that losing trust is also difficult. Whether it is the list of niggles on the XUV thread or the Crysta thread, people don't flinch/think so much while putting their faith on either of the vehicles. This is the reason why companies care about Brand/Reputation so much even if they compromise on quality/quantity.

Sorry for going OT.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 12:29   #984
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I don't think 2.5 Lakhs is petty change
The difference is 1.4 lacs ex-showroom in Bangalore : 15.1 vs 16.5. Also the Crysta looses some features but gains some like additional airbags, alloys, etc.

What I meant was that in the final comparison, the price difference is not that tempting to switch to Hexa unlike in the fully loaded variants.
m8002? is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 12:34   #985
BHPian

Quote:
You have good company in this boat. A number of early bookings have been cancelled. TML's reputation definitely lacks when compared to Mahindra. I think this might have something to do with the initial PVs that TML launched like Indica. Mahindra came into PVs with Scorpio which has been a success. The experience of ASS () is connected with post-purchase which only product owner would truly know. Brand perception is a completely different ballgame. People who've never owned a TATA would build the perception from ads, products on the road, stories, etc. 'Products on the road' is where TML takes a beating. The only saving grace for them in this regard is the Safari which continues to be an aspirational product for many. If they wanted premium pricing, they should've overhauled the Safari instead of a completely dead product 'Aria'. However, in case reviving crossover was a priority they should've been more competitive in pricing. Bad product management, I continue to say.
Old 24th January 2017, 12:40   #986
BHPian

Toyota niggles are very few that people would lose trust over them. Mahindra I am surprised!!. Don't think they are much different than Tata. Tata is misreading the Indian customer I think and if they had introduced the Storme with these features in direct competition with XUV back then, would have been in a much better position today. They completely messed up Aria withe the pricing and Storme with the features.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 16:41   #987
BHPian

On road prices from Concorde, Bangalore.

Yes, putting down 22 big ones for a Tata or a Mahindra gets jittery. While we have no problems with the Toyotas or Hondas. I am also rethinking about cancelling my booking, but I need to see the XM first.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170120wa0001.jpg  

Old 24th January 2017, 17:44   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
'Products on the road' is where TML takes a beating.
I know that this is nowhere related to the thread but there are lots of Tata vehicles on the road. In metros, Indica and Indigo are everywhere. In smaller cities, Zest and Bolt have found good acceptance.

I am pretty sure Hexa will be a hit in small towns where Innova isn't all that of a crowd puller and where people don't judge vehicle manufacturers.

Quote:
If they wanted premium pricing, they should've overhauled the Safari instead of a completely dead product 'Aria'.
Aria was dead, hence Hexa. See, Aria was never a bad product. It just was misfortune of poor pricing which led it to its grave. Otherwise, it was as competent as anything on road. I am sure everyone agrees.

Quote:
However, in case reviving crossover was a priority they should've been more competitive in pricing.
I guess pricing is good in comparison to competitors. Yes, Hexa is not the most feature-packed but matches to what others offer, give or take a few features here or there.

Had this been Toyota or Honda Hexa, there would have been queues outside showrooms. Expecting unrealistic pricing just because it is Tata isn't prudent. Yes, Hexa could be cheaper by say 20-30k but for a vehicle costing 20L on road 20-30k off pricing shouldn't be counted as a blunder.
ksameer1234 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 18:22   #989
BHPian

Quote:
With heavy heart, I decided to cancel my Hexa XTA booking. XTA is costing 21.74 lakhs OTR Mumbai. After including extended warranty and AMC, the cost goes above 22 lakhs. This I think is a bit too high. Hexa is a great car and I liked it more than XUV but I am not willing to spend 22 big ones on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by param22k View Post
You have good company in this boat. A number of early bookings have been cancelled. Bad product management, I continue to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
On road prices from Concorde, Bangalore.

Yes, putting down 22 big ones for a Tata or a Mahindra gets jittery. While we have no problems with the Toyotas or Hondas. I am also rethinking about cancelling my booking, but I need to see the XM first.
Exactly my thoughts in the post a few pages back.

Quote:
XUV W6 features which are absent in Hexa XM :
  1. Bigger Infotainment system with integrated navigation.
  2. Cruise Control.
  3. Automatic Climate Control
  4. Auto headlamps
  5. Auto wipers.
  6. Power Foldable ORVMS
  7. LED parking lights + Static Bending Lights.
  8. Bigger 17 inch wheels.
Features 1-6 are really useful in day to day life and these come at a premium of just 3.5k over Hexa. Ours is a feature driven market and this is what will hurt Hexa most. If Tata had the brand image like Toyota then it wouldn't have mattered much. As reported earlier Mahindra is working on a mild refresh and might add more features to XUV.
Tata should have equipped the XM version well, and this would have not led to people being hesitant to put down their money on Hexa. The excitement is there for the product but they are too young in reputation to command 20 lakhs plus price.
PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 18:33   #990
BHPian

Have compared the XTA across cities as per prices quoted by respective dealers to our fellow bhp-ians on this very thread, Have also attached the excel sheet for those who may manage to knock off a few digits e.g. (insurance from outside cheaper) etc. The OTR gives the RealFeel and would love to see if someone manages to drive it south of 20!

hexa xta city wise comparison.xls

Tata Hexa : Official Review-citywise-onroad.jpg

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 24th January 2017 at 18:35. Reason: added text
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks