Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2017, 22:10   #2491
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

I would love to see TATA make a smart move and do a refresh of the HEXA with the following features
1. An 8 seater option like the INNOVA Crysta / Fortuner
2. Increased boot space with all seats up - 400 liters would handsomely beat the 300 liters offered by the Crysta and Fortuner
I strongly believe many folks opt for Toyota due to these practical advantages. It is time for TATA to beat Toyota in its own game.
Old 31st July 2017, 23:01   #2492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I would love to see TATA make a smart move and do a refresh of the HEXA with the following features
1. An 8 seater option like the INNOVA Crysta / Fortuner
2. Increased boot space with all seats up - 400 liters would handsomely beat the 300 liters offered by the Crysta and Fortuner
I strongly believe many folks opt for Toyota due to these practical advantages. It is time for TATA to beat Toyota in its own game.
One more point I would like to add to that list.

3. A proper, comfortable arm rest for the driver. The existing one is almost useless. Its almost like you are sitting in a vehicle with no armrest. Plus hexa being an automatic, a good comfy armrest is even more necessary.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 07:44   #2493
BANNED

One point I would like to add:

4. Reduce the weight.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 10:51   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
PS: Service things is blown out of proportion in the case of TATA and Fiat. Even though the numbers of centers are less with Fiat, calling it horrible is way too much and mind you this happens with TATA too.
It is not blown out of proportion, it is fact at present FIAT ASS is one of worst except few service centers(say 10% of service center's all over India). I'm in Chennai and i serviced my Punto 3 weeks back. Here is the sample of their workmanship, wheel cap in front wheels are fixed covering the air inlet valve.

At the same time, the kind of positive feedback for TATA ASS is seen in HEXA threads. For Jeep, the service will be taken care by MOPAR. Let us wait for 3 months we will know for sure.
Old 1st August 2017, 10:56   #2495
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht'snotME View Post
It is not blown out of proportion, it is fact at present FIAT ASS is one of worst except few service centers(say 10% of service center's all over India). I'm in Chennai and i serviced my Punto 3 weeks back. Here is the sample of their workmanship, wheel cap in front wheels are fixed covering the air inlet valve.

At the same time, the kind of positive feedback for TATA ASS is seen in HEXA threads. For Jeep, the service will be taken care by MOPAR. Let us wait for 3 months we will know for sure.
RNS Motors forgot to tighten the wheel bolts in my friend's swift. What do you say about it? If you still did not get what I meant by blown out of proportion, no further examples will be able to help unfortunately.
Old 1st August 2017, 11:36   #2496
BHPian

Jeep is a 5 seat vehicle while HEXA is a proper 7 seater so i think people who look for Creta and Tucson and other 5 seater may move to Jeep territory but not HEXA buyers.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 12:08   #2497
BHPian

I agree with Aunrudhs. I need a 7 seater preferably, as ours is large family of 5+1 kid. Having seen the build quality of Compass and then the fantastic price, I was getting tempted towards it. However, it may not suffice my needs and the Hexa would suit me better. So, those in genuine need of 7 seaters would still give the Compass a skip.
Old 1st August 2017, 12:41   #2498
BANNED

Do the above stated, I would like to add, the on-road pricing of the Hexa and Compass is 6L apart (I haven't compared the other variants but at least for the base, XE vs Sports D).

The Compass is indeed a good vehicle but then 6L is a substantial amount, especially when Hexa in itself is a competent product.

6L is HUGE for someone who might be already stretching.

Last edited by Torquedo : 1st August 2017 at 12:42.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 14:19   #2499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
RNS Motors forgot to tighten the wheel bolts in my friend's swift. What do you say about it? If you still did not get what I meant by blown out of proportion, no further examples will be able to help unfortunately.
No exceptions, there is bad experience with every manufacturer. Take overall ASS experience, FIAT will be at the bottom end.

Let us hope JEEP has good ASS. No matter how good the car is, quality service(ASS) take the product to next level.

Last edited by tht'snotME : 1st August 2017 at 14:22.
Old 1st August 2017, 14:43   #2500
BHPian

Finally the lazy-me ventured into the local Tata Motors showroom & did a test drive of the XT last weekend.
Without repeating what has already been observed and reported by the members in the last 167 pages, the positive highlights of it was the
1. Attitude of the sales executives-extremely attentive, helpful and knowledgeable (I used to have an Indica DLS which was serviced at his same TML facility & the experience was always average). So the change in customer experience has indeed been worked upon & its reflects.
2. The ride quality over rough roads (took it to a nearby offroad construction site, as urged by the sales executives) is simply superb, just glides over undulations and broken roads at normal speeds.
3. Drive selector system - nice gimmick not found in other vehicles of this price range.
Dislikes
1.The diesel filter visible from the front side is a real eye sore on this otherwise elegant vehicle
2. As pointed out by GTO earlier in this thread -The XT foot well is extremely cramped due to the protruding gear box, even at my near avg height of 5'11' could never get a comfortable position during the entire test drive. There is just no space to rest your left feet properly on the foot well.
So in summary, will I place my money on the Hexa ? No not on the XT at least.
Point 2 above is a big no no.
goswami.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 16:19   #2501
BHPian

HEXA XT is meant for hard core TATA fans and XTA will put smile on your face if you are switching from non TATA or any other segment which has good calibrated auto unit easing your drive experience. I own a XTA and if it was a manual gear one then i would have bought Innova or XUV500 most probably. I test drove the XT after buying XTA just to make sure i make a right decision and no regrets at all. XT has light clutch though still I did not feel that punch which I get in XTA.
Old 1st August 2017, 18:33   #2502
BHPian

Went to check out the hexa again with my wife this time. She absolutely loved the overall space, the high seating and even the last row when compared to others. She wanted to book one right away!!

I am thinking now if xma, the mid variant, at 16.6 lakhs on road Hyderabad could actually be one value for money product. The price is including registration, insurance and 1 year/50,000 kms extended warranty. No discounts but they hinted at some freebies at the time of booking.

We will be losing out on 4 additional air bags, 2 speakers, fog lamps and lots of chrome (which is actually good). We will get in return an even better ride quality, cheaper to maintain 16" tyre and a 3 lakh saving. And I plan to change the steel rims to alloys to enhance the look a bit.

What do you guys think? Would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 18:43   #2503
BHPian

Actually, XMA and XTA have several differences like you mentioned, and many more like reverse camera, leather seats, heated orvm, auto lights and wipers, daytime running lights etc.
I was in same dilemma and if I add up the costs of all these to xma -> xta does not look costly.
Question is more about budget.

Finally, I booked XTA
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 18:47   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post

I would suggest not to skimp on safety if you can afford it. Side/curtain airbags can be difference between life and death in case of side hits, and absolutely worth the 3 extra lakhs imo.
nvldvr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 18:51   #2505
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
We will be losing out on 4 additional air bags, 2 speakers, fog lamps and lots of chrome (which is actually good). We will get in return an even better ride quality, cheaper to maintain 16" tyre and a 3 lakh saving. And I plan to change the steel rims to alloys to enhance the look a bit.

If nothing else, you are getting 4 airbags for the price of 3

Also, since we are close to the festive season, I would suggest, wait for sometime, there will be some or the other offer. Especially after the recent launch. So, you might save some there.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks