Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2017, 18:58   #2446
BHPian

You are correct, there are limited options as of today. This gives all of us a hint of future :-)
Old 26th July 2017, 19:13   #2447
BANNED

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
The user manual mentions XM & XE variants in both 6 seat & 7 seat configurations. I don't think the 6 seat configuration is available even as an option, not even at dealer level. Have I missed something or is the manual incorrect?
My 2 cents would suggest, these might be export options, don't know if it is getting exported.
Old 26th July 2017, 19:29   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Fellow BHPians -

I am in the process of finalizing the XE variant, I searched though the internet, there does not seem to be a single review on the XE variant.

I would be thankful if any BHPian has TDn the XE variant and provide the feedback here, better if I was to expect, a comparo of the the drive-ability, ride, handling between the Varicor 400 and 320 on the Hexa.

Thanks Much.
Hi, IMO you are choosing the better of the engines as it has lesser turbo lag and more than sufficient grunt for the highways.
As has been clearly stated, the 400 tune has only one major advantage, the 6th gear, apart from that the 320 has almost all the essential features you need and unlike the innova gx variants, it is not bare bones.
Based on my driving experience, the XE felt lighter on its feet and you always have the option of wrapping the car if you are bored of the pearl white.
Plus, it has successfully found application in the safari storme and the last of the arias, so you can ask around with the service guys if you need further information.
dhruvritzed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 23:42   #2449

Hello to all the fellow BHPians. First post of mine on this forum and I am feeling very elated to announce my booking of Hexa XTA. Delivery is scheduled in less than a week and I have lots of adrenaline pumping through my blood right now in anticipation.

Requirements and preferences:
- Automatic gearbox, preferably not an AMT
- Good ground clearance, at least 180 mm
- Spacious enough for 4 adults and a kid
- Rough road abuse friendly, within reasonable limits. I have always hated slowing down for minor road undulations. If it were up to me, I would just not slow down or stop for anything other than traffic rules/safe distance/safe speed limit
- Decent safety kit. ABS and front airbags are absolute must
- Solidly put together i.e. no tinny build, no default expected rattles etc.
- Second car in the garage, so larger size than a premium hatchback or compact sedan preferred
- Open with choice of fuel, running cost not too much of a constraint
- Preferably top or near top variant
- Anything 20L or below, as long as it meets other criterion and feels good value for our hard earned money

After multiple and extensive test drives (and lukewarm liking or outright rejection) of many automatic cars between 9-23L price bucket in the last 1+ year, one drive of Hexa was all it took to get me hooked. My better half was very impressed as well, more than anything else we had checked out. After driving the Hexa, I did test drive once again other cars that were even remotely being considered, but everything else simply failed to impress us. Not that the cars are not good. These just did not sync with what we wanted or the price we were willing to pay for it. Me and family ended up crossing off the following with these primary rejection reasons:

Ertiga : AT only in VXi. Spartan feature list. Felt a tad bit under powered.
Ecosport : Too small from the inside, refresh around the corner
BRV : #4 car on the contender list. Compromised seat comfort for middle and last row. Lack of features and cheap build feeling for the asking price
Duster : AMT was very jerky, interiors felt bare bones. Did not check CVT.
Creta : #3 car on the contender list. Lost the battle with its claustrophobic feel at the rear and non value for money pricing. Although, if I needed a car to drive around in city with just 2 people on board, this would have been it, in spite of the asking price.
XUV500 : #2 car on the contender list. W8 AT was almost finalized before Hexa came and ruled our hearts. Hexa just felt so much better in factors that mattered to us, esp. the build quality and ride quality overall
Innova : No matter what extra benefits this car is supposed to offer in terms of reliability, brand value or features, it just felt too overpriced for ZX AT

At 22L on road in Bangalore, XTA was going to be a bit of a stretch from initial set budget, but post GST (and hidden correction) price of 20L was the final clicking point in favor of Hexa. The decision was finally made and Hexa XTA in Arizona Blue with captain seats is going to be the new ride we get to cherish.

What I loved, other than core requirements met:
- One test drive was enough to put a wide smile on faces of ones who matter most to me. Smile much wider than sitting in anything else we checked out
- Unbeatable ride quality. The suspension set-up is the best I have experienced in all my driving so far (including driving rental cars across segments in many countries)
- Luxurious look and feel, inside and out. The front is especially menacing.
- Captain Seats
- Best in class speaker set-up

What would have made me appreciate it (XTA) even more:
- ESP
- Traction control system
- Hydraulic Brake Assist
- Dedicated storage space for phone

Honestly though, there was long pondering over putting 20L on a TATA. The sliding monthly sales numbers for Hexa did not add up too much confidence either. Then there were some not-so-good TATA experiences shared by friends and family to add to the dilemma. However, no matter what the mind said, the heart was pinned on the Hexa. Past experience assured me that I have never regretted spending with the heart but with the mind, yes sometimes. The lack of a few extra safety features in comparison to manual was a bit of a downer and re-considered for a long time. However, I do not plan to ever exceed safe speed limits, as much tempting it might be with effortless cruising, on the tap power, handling(for a SUV) and plush ride quality of the Hexa. Heart manged to sell it to the mind as a 'feature' that will make me even more careful while driving.

Team-BHP reviews and the very detailed discussion threads helped me tremendously in making up my mind and I am confident the decision is a very informed one. There are no second thoughts at this stage and then, sometimes it is good to let the heart rule. So, here I am, looking forward to being a part of this dynamic community, to share my experiences, to learn form you all and to lots of happy miles ahead.
SuperKOUL is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 00:14   #2450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
Based on my driving experience, the XE felt lighter on its feet and you always have the option of wrapping the car if you are bored of the pearl white.
Nice idea
How much would wrapping the whole HEXA cost in your opinion?
Old 27th July 2017, 00:17   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
Nice idea
How much would wrapping the whole HEXA cost in your opinion?
Depends on where you get it done, where do you put up?See 3M is definitely a loot, if you can make it to Delhi, there are options aplenty for the Hexa.A good one should be around 50-60k if you don't compromise on quality and get a proper custom colour.
IMO a frozen black would look awesome as will the very common metallic blue, rest up to your imagination .Connaught care and EMW are good ones in NCR, EMW being on the expensive side.
Old 27th July 2017, 06:18   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKOUL View Post
Hello to all the fellow BHPians. First post of mine on this forum and I am feeling very elated to announce my booking of Hexa XTA. Delivery is scheduled in less than a week and I have lots of adrenaline pumping through my blood right now in anticipation.
Double welcome sir.

I have Hexa XT (Tungsten Silver) Manual and am very happy with it. The car is awesome and as you rightly said its solidly put together

Do share the dealer name too. We have dedicated Hexa club for Bangalore and would like to invite you for that.

Please PM your number so that we can add you to that group. You can also see our pics on TATA FB page, they have put our Hexa meet pics on FB.

Wishing you happy motoring with Hexa.

-PK

Last edited by pk_del : 27th July 2017 at 06:26. Reason: Adding some more content
pk_del is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 07:12   #2453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
I have Hexa XT (Tungsten Silver) Manual and am very happy with it. The car is awesome and as you rightly said its solidly put together

-PK
PK - do share some pics. Haven't come across the Silver version much online. Especially rear end as well.
Old 27th July 2017, 08:26   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
PK - do share some pics. Haven't come across the Silver version much online. Especially rear end as well.
Hi Narayan! PK's car is Tungsten Silver. It is the colour of the Automatic variant that was reviewed on Team BHP. The other silver is called Platinum Silver and it seems to be quite rare. I can't remember seeing pics of that colour either!
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 13:14   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Hi Narayan! PK's car is Tungsten Silver. It is the colour of the Automatic variant that was reviewed on Team BHP. The other silver is called Platinum Silver and it seems to be quite rare. I can't remember seeing pics of that colour either!
Platinum silver or plain silver whatever you call it , I have one with my friend but it does not match character of Hexa at all. That's my personal opinion as i see it on daily basis while rest all of the colors looks great on Hexa.
Old 27th July 2017, 13:18   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Here are some pics of the Platinum silver color.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_130705.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_130522.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170727wa0036.jpg  

Last edited by damodar : 27th July 2017 at 13:38.
damodar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:39   #2457
BHPian

Took a test drive of Hexa today and my observations

1. Fantastic Tata customer service. They were courteous, alert and made you feel that they wanted you as a customer. Huge improvement from when I went to check out a dicor 7 years back. The test drive car was not perfectly clean and out of courtesy I said I would give them a 5 star but told them that they need to improve. To my surprise the executive asked me to give my honest rating which was poor so that they can improve. Very impressive.

2. Ride quality as mentioned many times.

3. Driveability. It did not feel like a huge vehicle. I easily maneuvered through small lanes.

4. Highway manners was fantastic.

5. Engine sound was well controlled. That said its noisy if u stamp on the accelerator.

6. Gearbox was good.

7. Looks pretty good in real, especially the sky grey color. Not as van like as it appears in pics.

Dislikes:

Not many in fact. Everything was good or better. If I had to pick, maybe plastics did not feel so premium or the steering which was hard. Or it could well be a case of me coming from a verna with its super light vague steering.

Will, i buy one? I dont know, maybe not. Something just didn't click. Maybe I am a sedan and not a suv guy. But anyone looking for a suv/muv heva is a great one. Some pics I took.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_155540.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_155556.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_150517.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_150527.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_150548.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20170727_155528-1.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 17:53   #2458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Will, i buy one? I dont know, maybe not. Something just didn't click. Maybe I am a sedan and not a suv guy. But anyone looking for a suv/muv heva is a great one. Some pics I took.

This is exactly what TATA is battling with. Two of my friends, both in the market for an SUV had the same expression. Everything alright with the product but the final instinct of buying the HEXA is what they are unable to overcome.

I am also in the same boat.

Is it brand?
Is it perceptions?
Is it too much money for a TATA?

Hoping the Nexon changes these for TATA. They actually look like the most improved manufacturer over the last 3 years. Hoping they succeed.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 18:35   #2459
BHPian

I got to know the exact same thing from 2 different people in different dealerships - Tata is going to revise the price of the Hexa from August 1st and its going upward !

I was about to make a booking and just wanted a bit more time but now this seems to suggest we'll need to hurry.

Anyone else heard something similar ? I'm just hoping this is a plain rumour.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:54   #2460

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Double welcome sir.

Do share the dealer name too. We have dedicated Hexa club for Bangalore and would like to invite you for that.

Please PM your number so that we can add you to that group. You can also see our pics on TATA FB page, they have put our Hexa meet pics on FB.

-PK
I am still awaiting PM rights. Will be happy to be included in the group.

My booking is with Prerana Motors. Booking is at their Lalbagh Showroom, but delivery is being handled by BTM branch. Experience so far has been mixed. Fingers crossed about timely and issue less delivery.

The good so far:
- Quote and booking process was handled very efficiently, with a promised delivery within 10 days
- Finance documentation was done over e-mail, smooth and on time
- Did not seem to false commit on items that they could not deliver

What could have been better:
- Responsiveness to calls, messages or e-mails is a hit or a miss, depending on day and time
- Don't seem to have a confirmed date when the vehicle will be delivered to their yard for PDI. Has moved 3 times in last 3 days. Cutting it too close for the planned delivery date

Also, was initially informed the car allotted is June manufacture, but am aware now that it is May manufactured (VIN decoding). The sales person informed that it must have been a mix up since they billed 2 cars one 6 and one 7 seater, and he must have wrongly looked at the information for 7 seater car. That makes me wonder if this variant (XTA Arizona Blue with captain seats) isn't selling much. TATA seems to have 3 month old unsold stock at its factory, or should I take that with a pinch of salt?

Other than usual PDI list, any tips from Hexa owners for special points to cover for this car?

Will also keep you all posted on how this unfolds and my final PDI delivery experience.
SuperKOUL is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks