Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2017, 20:43   #2461

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I got to know the exact same thing from 2 different people in different dealerships - Tata is going to revise the price of the Hexa from August 1st and its going upward !

I was about to make a booking and just wanted a bit more time but now this seems to suggest we'll need to hurry.

Anyone else heard something similar ? I'm just hoping this is a plain rumour.
Unlikely. Tata reduced the price of Hexa aggressively in guise of GST just this month and it won't make much sense to increase 30 days later. But who can predict what their marketing team is up to?

To me, it looks like dealers may be trying to close a quick deal. There are no better buyer motivators than supply shortage/ perceived aggressive discount/imminent price hike.

In either case, they will need to invoice the car to you by 31-Jul if there was a change in process from 1 Aug. Booking alone won't guarantee price protection.
Old 28th July 2017, 08:15   #2462
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKOUL View Post
Unlikely.
Spot on, Booked my Hexa yesterday, there was no mention of a hike.

Joining the club soon !!
Torquedo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 09:35   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
I would be thankful if any BHPian has TDn the XE variant and provide the feedback here, better if I was to expect, a comparo of the the drive-ability, ride, handling between the Varicor 400 and 320 on the Hexa.
The 320Nm variant has good low end torque, so city and low speeds are actually better than the 400Nm variant.
On the run the engine sounds to be in a comfortable unstressed zone in the 80 to 95 range against the 400nm's 90 to 110 range.
I found the XE comfortable to drive in its only manual option, where as The XT manual had visible lag, XTA At was also great with its quick responding gearbox.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:00   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Unlikely. Tata reduced the price of Hexa aggressively in guise of GST just this month and it won't make much sense to increase 30 days later. But who can predict what their marketing team is up to?

To me, it looks like dealers may be trying to close a quick deal. There are no better buyer motivators than supply shortage/ perceived aggressive discount/imminent price hike.

In either case, they will need to invoice the car to you by 31-Jul if there was a change in process from 1 Aug. Booking alone won't guarantee price protection.
My friend booked HEXA XTA yesterday and dealer in Noida was telling the same so may be something cooking up, but it will be definitely in tunes of 20K range not much that's what I think.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:01   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Spot on, Booked my Hexa yesterday, there was no mention of a hike.

Joining the club soon !!
What is the wait period now? Does it differ based on which variant you book?
Old 28th July 2017, 15:39   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow BHPians -

I am in the process of finalizing the XE variant, I searched though the internet, there does not seem to be a single review on the XE variant.

I would be thankful if any BHPian has TDn the XE variant and provide the feedback here, better if I was to expect, a comparo of the the drive-ability, ride, handling between the Varicor 400 and 320 on the Hexa.

Thanks Much.
Go ahead and buy it. When in doubt, go and add a tuning box or remap.
The are Safari's doing 170bhp/400Nm plus with tuning boxes or remaps. I have used RD box in 2 modes and the P2 one was scary.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 15:56   #2467
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx View Post
What is the wait period now? Does it differ based on which variant you book?
Wait period is not much.

Yes indeed it depends on the variant and color that you choose.

My suggestion would be, just check with the dealer what stock he has, he might have one in store that you need. Else, I do not think it shall more than a month or add another 15 days to it.
Old 28th July 2017, 15:59   #2468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuruddhs View Post
My friend booked HEXA XTA yesterday and dealer in Noida was telling the same so may be something cooking up, but it will be definitely in tunes of 20K range not much that's what I think.
Very interesting. Perhaps TATA started getting more than expected demand after the ~2L INR reduction. At current prices, nothing can beat Hexa in value for money proposition. Still, I would have expected them to sell it at current prices for a bit longer to gain momentum.
SuperKOUL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 17:05   #2469
BHPian

Quote:
Wait period is not much.

Yes indeed it depends on the variant and color that you choose.

My suggestion would be, just check with the dealer what stock he has, he might have one in store that you need. Else, I do not think it shall more than a month or add another 15 days to it.
Thanks. Checked with Fortune Tata, Thane. Standard wait time is 15 days for an xta in blue - which is in demand.
If stock is available at the factory, about 4 weeks
Else, 6 to 8 weeks.

Quote:
Very interesting. Perhaps TATA started getting more than expected demand after the ~2L INR reduction. At current prices, nothing can beat Hexa in value for money proposition. Still, I would have expected them to sell it at current prices for a bit longer to gain momentum.
SA did not hint at any price increase for now. Although registration has become dearer by about 30k due to hike in Maharashtra road tax.
Old 29th July 2017, 07:22   #2470
BANNED

While Tata has put in a lot of effort on quality, I'm still skeptical, yesterday I casually put in a very small amount of effort on checking the sturdiness of the variant badge at the rear. Yes they started to move, this was brand new vehicle. Checked the same on a couple of Marutis, they did not budge.
Old 29th July 2017, 08:10   #2471
BHPian

My friend brought xuv500 recently. After a few days he noticed that front fenders are made of plastics. He called me to check and I confirmed the same after checking myself.
Huge disappointment for him. So much for mahindra ...

We were not able to make out if the rear fenders/quarter panels are also plastic..
Now he feels super unsafe while using xuv, though it has all gizmos, airbags and such things..

I believe Hexa does not have such plastic body parts - please check n confirm
Old 29th July 2017, 08:19   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
My friend brought xuv500 recently. After a few days he noticed that front fenders are made of plastics.
Seems like, they got inspired from their e2O where the whole of external body panels are plastic
Old 29th July 2017, 09:25   #2473
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My friend brought xuv500 recently. After a few days he noticed that front fenders are made of plastics. He called me to check and I confirmed the same after checking myself.

We were not able to make out if the rear fenders/quarter panels are also plastic..
Now he feels super unsafe while using xuv, though it has all gizmos, airbags and such things..

I believe Hexa does not have such plastic body parts - please check n confirm
The front fenders were always plastic on the XUV5OO and it was a well known fact when it was launched. This was done to reduce weight. I don't think there is an issue with it as long as it does not compromise on safety. One problem is that the fender needs to get replaced in case of a hit as it cannot be dented and painted.
Old 29th July 2017, 09:58   #2474
BANNED

Quote:

Now he feels super unsafe while using xuv, though it has all gizmos, airbags and such things.
Like BlackPearl mentioned, the XUV always had plastic fenders and there is nothing wrong about it. In fact, they are corrosion free, take small impacts pretty well, and are cheaper to replace compared to tinkering and painting metal fenders.

There is nothing to feel unsafe about driving the XUV just because it has plastic fenders. The safety of a vehicle depends on other factors like the pillar strength, impact zones and active and passive safety aids and the XUV is impressive on that front.

How many XUVs do you see on the road with broken fenders?
n.devdath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2017, 23:03   #2475
BHPian

Does anyone have any news on the upcoming safari facelift or Tata's premium SUV launch? Any idea of when these are expected?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks